Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > StarCraft Discussion

StarCraft Discussion StarCraft & Brood War lie herein.

Old 02-02-2009

United States Ass Kicker
Joshua Jew
 Ass Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too much
Default Starcraft II Discussion and a Rant by Yours Truly

I believe this forum has taken a turn for the worse. Back when I joined in 2005 this place was much better. Despite the fact that we had no idea Starcraft II was coming out. If anything it made this forum more interesting. To use our imaginations to design whole worlds within the Starcraft universe. Now the only thing anyone ever talks about here is a slight change in design of one of the units. Oh how the mighty hath fallen. It's why I don't bother posting here anymore. Do you agree with me fellow people who have been here to long?

Ass Kicker has 3,320 Posts

Welcome to hell newbs your souls are mine!!!!

pm.gif   

Old 02-02-2009

United States XBSHX
BF Member
 XBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to all

I've been here since before the crash but just lurked for a while after that before signing up again.

I see your points but you have to realize that before nobody had any idea of what sc2 would be. Imagination were running wild without restraint. Now that we have a solid understanding about what blizzard is trying to do with starcraft 2 we can't really talk about any far-fetched ideas anymore since they obviously aren't going to be implemented.

I agree with you though, but the changes to this forum can be directly pinned on this forum going from being a forum for a game that doesn't exist to one for a game that is nearing completion. Trust me when I say this though, it will explode when the game is released. All of the new story info and strategies to be discussed and debated will really liven this place up.

XBSHX has 3,215 Posts

Zergling seagull sound NEEDS to go.

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to XBSHX  

Old 02-02-2009

Australia Agent-47.
Silent Assassin
 Agent-47. has been here far, far too longAgent-47. has been here far, far too longAgent-47. has been here far, far too longAgent-47. has been here far, far too longAgent-47. has been here far, far too longAgent-47. has been here far, far too longAgent-47. has been here far, far too longAgent-47. has been here far, far too longAgent-47. has been here far, far too longAgent-47. has been here far, far too longAgent-47. has been here far, far too long

here here!

Agent-47. has 997 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ass Kicker View Post
I'll accept this when they start printing on the back of Bibles "Warning: This book has been linked to the murder and torture of millions along with a general lack of tolerance for others."

pm.gif   

Old 02-02-2009

Canada Wankey
BF Member
 Wankey has been here far, far too longWankey has been here far, far too longWankey has been here far, far too longWankey has been here far, far too longWankey has been here far, far too longWankey has been here far, far too longWankey has been here far, far too longWankey has been here far, far too longWankey has been here far, far too longWankey has been here far, far too longWankey has been here far, far too long

I agree... The real problem is that before SC2 became what we thought, our imaginations went wild.

But once Blizzard made it clear that it wants to make SC1.5 rather than a whole new genre of RTS, we became more critical of the smaller aspects to make it much tighter than SC1.

pm.gif   

Old 02-02-2009

United States Gradius
For Vengenace
 Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ass Kicker View Post
Now the only thing anyone ever talks about here is a slight change in design of one of the units.
Except for me. :P

When the game comes out I'll be in here discussing strategy with you guys, but until then, these long-winded gameplay discussions of things that might/might not change bore the hell out of me.

Gradius has 5,020 Posts

Best StarCraft II Poster 2008 | Best Moderator 2008
Best StarCraft II Poster 2007 Runner Up | Most-Liked StarCraft II Poster 2007

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Gradius Send a message via MSN to Gradius  

Old 02-02-2009

Austria FoxSpirit
Benevolent Myōbu
 FoxSpirit has become enlightenedFoxSpirit has become enlightenedFoxSpirit has become enlightenedFoxSpirit has become enlightenedFoxSpirit has become enlightenedFoxSpirit has become enlightenedFoxSpirit has become enlightenedFoxSpirit has become enlightenedFoxSpirit has become enlightenedFoxSpirit has become enlightenedFoxSpirit has become enlightened

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gradius View Post
Except for me. :P

When the game comes out I'll be in here discussing strategy with you guys, but until then, these long-winded gameplay discussions of things that might/might not change bore the hell out of me.
I love you... non gay, of course

FoxSpirit has 218 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 02-02-2009

United Kingdom ChaosSmurf
Kerrigan's Appointed Pony
 ChaosSmurf simply pwnsChaosSmurf simply pwnsChaosSmurf simply pwnsChaosSmurf simply pwnsChaosSmurf simply pwnsChaosSmurf simply pwnsChaosSmurf simply pwnsChaosSmurf simply pwnsChaosSmurf simply pwnsChaosSmurf simply pwnsChaosSmurf simply pwns

Quote:
But once Blizzard made it clear that it wants to make SC1.5 rather than a whole new genre of RTS, we became more critical of the smaller aspects to make it much tighter than SC1.

ChaosSmurf has 950 Posts

There appears to be a smurf in your forum.

pm.gif   

Old 02-02-2009

United States fraylock-
BF Member
 fraylock- is an unknown quantity at this point

I joined in '05 as well, and in some ways I agree, although in some I don't. I think many of the forum's older members have just become too busy to continue with speculation.

I have often wondered if I and others would continue with this forum once SC2 is released. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

pm.gif   

Old 02-02-2009

Canada WolfGangGrimmer
UnitedEarthDirectorate
 WolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatness

I don't know. I'm for of a big lore discussion fan, and with the announcement of SC2, my imagination can still go wild =p

WolfGangGrimmer has 629 Posts

..... There is only the divinity of mankind. Kill all Xenomorphs.
Hydra-owned

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to WolfGangGrimmer  

Old 02-02-2009

United States ArchDreadReaper
Destroyer of Worlds
 ArchDreadReaper has become enlightenedArchDreadReaper has become enlightenedArchDreadReaper has become enlightenedArchDreadReaper has become enlightenedArchDreadReaper has become enlightenedArchDreadReaper has become enlightenedArchDreadReaper has become enlightenedArchDreadReaper has become enlightenedArchDreadReaper has become enlightenedArchDreadReaper has become enlightenedArchDreadReaper has become enlightened

The inherent difference is that a fan community is going to react differently to a game that has yet to be announced and a game that has been announced and worked on for several years. The nature of our discussions on this forum are indicative of the stage of the game.

Back when the game had just been announced and new units were being added in and old ones were being hacked out, everyone made their own unit threads to showcase their ideas. Those have died out since the rosters have become more permanent.

Most of Blizzard's work now (that we know of anyway) is balancing macro-micro, and the ubiquitous graphical upgrades, so naturally that will be the bulk of our discussion topics.

When the game is released, everyone will be discussing strategy and balance. In a way our discussions mimic those of a dysfunctional design team. We're out of the concepting phase and into the nuts and bolts. The forum changes with the game.

-Dread_Reaper

ArchDreadReaper has 695 Posts

Axe the Overseer, turn the Infester into the Defiler, and find a place for the Roach.

Add this to your signature if you agree.

New Nullifier?
http://blizzforums.com/showthread.ph...676#post364676

pm.gif   

Old 02-02-2009

United States UED Special Ops
BF Vet
 UED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightened

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchDreadReaper View Post
The inherent difference is that a fan community is going to react differently to a game that has yet to be announced and a game that has been announced and worked on for several years. The nature of our discussions on this forum are indicative of the stage of the game.

Back when the game had just been announced and new units were being added in and old ones were being hacked out, everyone made their own unit threads to showcase their ideas. Those have died out since the rosters have become more permanent.

Most of Blizzard's work now (that we know of anyway) is balancing macro-micro, and the ubiquitous graphical upgrades, so naturally that will be the bulk of our discussion topics.

When the game is released, everyone will be discussing strategy and balance. In a way our discussions mimic those of a dysfunctional design team. We're out of the concepting phase and into the nuts and bolts. The forum changes with the game.

-Dread_Reaper
Fully agreed. It is just natural that this forum has changed as the game is developed and it will continue to change as the game nears/hits beta. Believe me, when the beta testing begins, a whole new round of discussion will start up.

UED Special Ops has 4,775 Posts

06-27-06: The date that BF returned!!

pm.gif   

Old 02-02-2009

New Zealand MattII
 MattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too long

Joined in '05 I think (well before the crash anyway), rejoined July '06. Yes, discussions have gone downhill a bit, but that's because there's practically nothing to speculate about anymore.

pm.gif   

Old 02-02-2009

No country specified. To select a country, go to User CP -> Edit Profile -> Country Zukas
 Zukas has ascended to greatnessZukas has ascended to greatnessZukas has ascended to greatnessZukas has ascended to greatnessZukas has ascended to greatnessZukas has ascended to greatnessZukas has ascended to greatnessZukas has ascended to greatnessZukas has ascended to greatnessZukas has ascended to greatnessZukas has ascended to greatness

Recent posts about game mechanics arent worth reading/responding to because it wont make a difference in the end. I will enjoy this forum MUCH more when SC2 is playable and we actually have something of worth to talk about

Zukas has 2,464 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 02-02-2009

United Kingdom ChaosSmurf
Kerrigan's Appointed Pony
 ChaosSmurf simply pwnsChaosSmurf simply pwnsChaosSmurf simply pwnsChaosSmurf simply pwnsChaosSmurf simply pwnsChaosSmurf simply pwnsChaosSmurf simply pwnsChaosSmurf simply pwnsChaosSmurf simply pwnsChaosSmurf simply pwnsChaosSmurf simply pwns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zukas View Post
Recent posts about game mechanics arent worth reading/responding to because it wont make a difference in the end. I will enjoy this forum MUCH more when SC2 is playable and we actually have something of worth to talk about
No point going to work tomorrow, you'll just die eventually.

ChaosSmurf has 950 Posts

There appears to be a smurf in your forum.

pm.gif   

Old 02-02-2009

Austria FoxSpirit
Benevolent Myōbu
 FoxSpirit has become enlightenedFoxSpirit has become enlightenedFoxSpirit has become enlightenedFoxSpirit has become enlightenedFoxSpirit has become enlightenedFoxSpirit has become enlightenedFoxSpirit has become enlightenedFoxSpirit has become enlightenedFoxSpirit has become enlightenedFoxSpirit has become enlightenedFoxSpirit has become enlightened

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosSmurf View Post
No point going to work tomorrow, you'll just die eventually.
The question is "from starvation and freezing" or "old age". Tsktsk...

FoxSpirit has 218 Posts

pm.gif