Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > Warcraft Discussion & Strategy

Warcraft Discussion & Strategy Research and Discuss to Win.

Old 11-11-2008

Canada Meteora
Sniper in the mist
 Meteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supreme

1) Why the hell does the localdefense channel say a city is under attack? I've went to the city to check it out but nothing was there to see.

2) My rogue sucks when I try to take on more than two monsters. Sure there's sap but I'm not always stealthed. Plus sometimes there's 3 monsters on me. Is there a good "crowd control" spell/ability?

3) I'm new to WoW. Hi.

Meteora has 12,746 Posts

: : : : [StarCraft 2 Forums Veteran] : : : : [Call of Duty 4 Hardcore Player] : : : : [Proud To Be Canadian] : : : :

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to Meteora  

Old 11-11-2008

United States TheRabidDeer
Voting independent
 TheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of win

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteora View Post
1) Why the hell does the localdefense channel say a city is under attack? I've went to the city to check it out but nothing was there to see.

2) My rogue sucks when I try to take on more than two monsters. Sure there's sap but I'm not always stealthed. Plus sometimes there's 3 monsters on me. Is there a good "crowd control" spell/ability?

3) I'm new to WoW. Hi.
1) LocalDefense says something any time a guard is hit by a player, so it may just be a single player somewhere in the city, which can be difficult to find. Often times they are rogues or druids so once the guard is dead they restealth

2) For rogues, blind is about the only in-combat CC. Evasion/sprint/vanish can all be used to help you though (sprint or vanish to run away if you arent going to live).

3) Hi!

Take the power from the parties and vote independent in 2008.

pm.gif   

Old 11-11-2008

United States icephantom02
SC2 Release Date = ????
 icephantom02 has ascended to greatnessicephantom02 has ascended to greatnessicephantom02 has ascended to greatnessicephantom02 has ascended to greatnessicephantom02 has ascended to greatnessicephantom02 has ascended to greatnessicephantom02 has ascended to greatnessicephantom02 has ascended to greatnessicephantom02 has ascended to greatnessicephantom02 has ascended to greatnessicephantom02 has ascended to greatness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteora View Post

3) I'm new to WoW. Hi.
1.) That happens when anything city guard or any of the city's PVP NPCs are attacked.

2.) I have a level 67 rogue and the best way to handle that is to either spec for combat and get the Blade Flurry spell, or it is to go Subtelty and get Shadowdance. Shadowdnace is a wonderful ability that allows you to use any attack that needs stealth without the stealth, such as cheap shot/ambush/etc. Use this and CS the sucker and then ambush him. Another way to survive 2, 3, or even 4-pulls is this: use Blind on one of them. The spam SS or Hemo on the other and then Kidney Shot or Eviscerate. When blind turns off, get up your five combo points then Kidney Shot. Then use that time to bandage. It has saved my life more than once. Basically, good CC rogue abilites are: Vanish, Cheap Shot, Blind, Kidney Shot, and ShadowDance (< this one is very iffy tho)

3.) Hi and welcome to WoW.

icephantom02 has 387 Posts

First to bring you the news....the best news: StarCraft: Legacy!!

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to icephantom02 Send a message via Yahoo to icephantom02 

Old 11-11-2008

Canada Meteora
Sniper in the mist
 Meteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supreme

Oh, what a turd then. Blimey players causing trouble. Might as well turn off the localdefense channel since I'm on a PvE realm. Unfortunately I don't have any CC skills available to me right now (lvl 13-14, can't remember). My regular routine of taking out a monster is pretty much using a crossbow to get the monster's attention, spam SS and use Eviscerate. I only use that other skill that makes your attack speed faster whenever there's two or more, but by that time I pretty much flee for my life.

And what's your opinion on roleplaying realms? Are they a joke or something? How challenging is PvP compare to PvE? Thanks in advance.

Meteora has 12,746 Posts

: : : : [StarCraft 2 Forums Veteran] : : : : [Call of Duty 4 Hardcore Player] : : : : [Proud To Be Canadian] : : : :

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to Meteora  

Old 11-14-2008

United States shroomie
Forum Elder
 shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!

Well in PvP servers the only thing you gotta worry about is getting ganked in Contested areas. I remember when I was leveling my Warlock, my first char, I got ganked one night so many times I couldn't even complete a handful of quests. Other than the ganking and world PvP(Hardly happens anymore) it's almost the same.
A lot of players do the RP Servers. I have an alliance alt on one. I don't talk to anybody though. Just playing him by myself. Some people are into it.

When I leveled a rogue to the 30s I found it best to throw my points into Combat and maybe a few into Assassation and spam SS/Evis/Slice and Dice. You killed them pretty quickly.

shroomie has 398 Posts

Holy Pally
UA Warlock
Proud BlizzForums Poster since 2000!

pm.gif   

Old 11-15-2008

Canada Bred
Ich Bin Brot
 Bred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulz

Leveling a rogue is easy...

either

1) spec blade flurry//sword spec
2) attract 4-5 mobs
3) get 5 combo points
4) slice and dice
5) blade flurry
6) ???
7) profit.

or

1) cheap shot
2) SS 3 times
3) kidney shot
4)???
5) profit!!

Bred has 8,696 Posts

i got atm machines for testicles..go me.. - Demon

pm.gif   

Old 11-20-2008

United States GenocideAlive
You Want My Shoes?
 GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...

First, you're getting trashed by a second monster probably because of your spec. If you're not combat, that's why. Going up the Assassination Tree or the Subtlety tree is suicide unless you're going to solo your target. If you pull a second one, you're screwed because all your moves are for single target and you possess no mitigation skills (dodge, parry, etc).

You should start by Stealthing, Cheap Shotting the mob, then beating on it, then using Eviscerate. You don't pull with crossbows, you're not a Warrior. Warriors use crossbows to pull mobs because they don't want the danger of mobs running into each other (which brings the other mobs). Then they use Charge to generate Rage and take things out.

GenocideAlive has 2,277 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 02-04-2009

United States insuranceman
 insuranceman is unstoppable!insuranceman is unstoppable!insuranceman is unstoppable!insuranceman is unstoppable!insuranceman is unstoppable!insuranceman is unstoppable!insuranceman is unstoppable!insuranceman is unstoppable!insuranceman is unstoppable!insuranceman is unstoppable!insuranceman is unstoppable!
Default Re: Post a question get a anwser -- WOW

LOL

Ask a question.

insuranceman has 5,202 Posts

GO SOOTY GO!

OMFG YOU FOUND MY SECRET SENTENCE!!!!

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to insuranceman  

Old 02-05-2009

Australia blue.rellik
is a double-bagger
 blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!

Why doesn't the insuranceman post more often?

blue.rellik has 10,518 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to blue.rellik  

Old 02-06-2009

United States Blackhand
BF Member
 Blackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightened

Why do warlock curses suck so bad (aside from CoA)?

Yes Friends. Act now. Destroy Unicron!
Kill The Grand Rhubarb!
Eliminate Even The Toughest Stains!

-Utterred by Wreck-Gar, the Junkion leader, upon departing for the final battle with Unicron at Cybertron.

pm.gif   

Old 02-06-2009

BlizzForums Neo
Boo!
 Neo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulz

situational, the talented -movement curse can be useful on occasion, but honestly the only other one i might use might be the recklessness one to stop humanoids from fleeing.

Neo has 10,110 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Neo Send a message via MSN to Neo Send a message via Yahoo to Neo 

Old 02-06-2009

United States Blackhand
BF Member
 Blackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightened

Yeah, if I had CoEx, I might use it occassionally. but 21 points into Affliction? nothx.

Yes Friends. Act now. Destroy Unicron!
Kill The Grand Rhubarb!
Eliminate Even The Toughest Stains!

-Utterred by Wreck-Gar, the Junkion leader, upon departing for the final battle with Unicron at Cybertron.

pm.gif   

Old 02-06-2009

BlizzForums Neo
Boo!
 Neo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulz

Oh, and the element curse that weakens resistance to the elements or whatever can be useful when partied with others.

Neo has 10,110 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Neo Send a message via MSN to Neo Send a message via Yahoo to Neo