Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > Warcraft Discussion & Strategy

Warcraft Discussion & Strategy Research and Discuss to Win.

Old 02-07-2007

United States ADX
SC Addict
 ADX has become enlightenedADX has become enlightenedADX has become enlightenedADX has become enlightenedADX has become enlightenedADX has become enlightenedADX has become enlightenedADX has become enlightenedADX has become enlightenedADX has become enlightenedADX has become enlightened
Default Post a question get a anwser -- WOW

I hope the mods will allow this as we have several new players. If you have a question the please ask it here.. Hopefully some of the oldies around the forums will be able to anwser here...

Couple questions to get the ball rolling :

1.) Where do i get a flying ride to other parts of the world...
2.) After I get a mount is it summonable ... Same thing with pets ..
3.) How do pets work do I actually have to feed it meat and crap..
4.) When doing PVP in PVE does your charcter actually die... And in PVP what happens do you have to go get your body like in PVE ?

Last edited by ADX; 02-07-2007 at 01:04 PM. Reason: More questions
ADX has 1,945 Posts

ADX-09/13/07
Learning to master the unknown...
SC NAME : Starkiller721 -- rezzed

pm.gif   

Old 02-07-2007

United States Kassad
Serenity Now
 Kassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightened
Default Re: Post a question get a anwser -- WOW

1) Okay, basically, in main towns you will ask a Guard for the Bat (Horde)/Gryphon (Alliance) Handler and he will take you to different flight paths. You have to visit bat handlers in other cities before the Routes connect. Walking to Thunder Bluff from Orgrimmar is a bitch.

2) Not there yet, but I'm pretty sure you click somethin on your Action Bar and you're charged a certain amount of money. Paladins and Warlocks are different.

3) Sorry, Paladin here.

4) Basically the same deal, except in battlegrounds. You get revived there.
Also, you don't get the Melee Weapon damage from PVP.
Not sure about Dungeons and Instances.

Kassad has 5,080 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Kassad  

Old 02-07-2007

United States elcapjtk
Moon Administrator
 elcapjtk is unstoppable!elcapjtk is unstoppable!elcapjtk is unstoppable!elcapjtk is unstoppable!elcapjtk is unstoppable!elcapjtk is unstoppable!elcapjtk is unstoppable!elcapjtk is unstoppable!elcapjtk is unstoppable!elcapjtk is unstoppable!elcapjtk is unstoppable!

1. Where do i get a flying ride to other parts of the world...
You get the flying mount in Shadowmoon Valley, in the dwarf stronghold there. However it requires you to be level 70 and is only usable in Outlands.
Flightpoints between major areas are available, but you do not have control during this time.
2. After I get a mount is it summonable ... Same thing with pets ..
Only warlocks and paladins get "summonable" mounts. Druids get a spell that turns them into a cat, cat form. Everyone else has actual inventory items that they must buy before they use for the normal mounts.
For flying mounts, all classes except druids have to buy the inventory item to "summon" thier mount.
As for pets, only warlocks and hunters have controllable permanent pets, and are treated as summons. Mages have a temporary pet, and priests have an uncontrolled pet.

3. How do pets work do I actually have to feed it meat and crap..
You have to train and feed your pet as a hunter, how it works, someone else will have to tell you.

4. When doing PVP in PVE does your charcter actually die... And in PVP what happens do you have to go get your body like in PVE ?

In normal PvE situations you do have to retrieve your body, however you do not get the 10% armor durability loss. In PvP places, like Alterac Valley, Arathi Basin, Warsong Gulch, and Eye of the Storm, you will go to a graveyard, but have the option to wait there for a res to occur (usually <30 seconds)

elcapjtk has 7,602 Posts

pm.gif Send a message via ICQ to elcapjtk Send a message via AIM to elcapjtk Send a message via MSN to elcapjtk Send a message via Yahoo to elcapjtk 

Old 02-07-2007

United States Kassad
Serenity Now
 Kassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightened

Thank God they don't charge there. I constantly wind up with a team of level 13's who think they can take level 19's and we wind up getting camped by 4 Hunters. My weapons would be fucked.

Kassad has 5,080 Posts

Old 02-07-2007

United States ADX
SC Addict
 ADX has become enlightenedADX has become enlightenedADX has become enlightenedADX has become enlightenedADX has become enlightenedADX has become enlightenedADX has become enlightenedADX has become enlightenedADX has become enlightenedADX has become enlightenedADX has become enlightened

When I am saying mount I mean like a creature that you get to ride from place to place... Basicaly speeding up travel for you,

ADX has 1,945 Posts

ADX-09/13/07

pm.gif   

Old 02-07-2007

United States insuranceman
 insuranceman is unstoppable!insuranceman is unstoppable!insuranceman is unstoppable!insuranceman is unstoppable!insuranceman is unstoppable!insuranceman is unstoppable!insuranceman is unstoppable!insuranceman is unstoppable!insuranceman is unstoppable!insuranceman is unstoppable!insuranceman is unstoppable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamas View Post
I hope the mods will allow this as we have several new players. If you have a question the please ask it here.. Hopefully some of the oldies around the forums will be able to anwser here...

Couple questions to get the ball rolling :

1.) Where do i get a flying ride to other parts of the world...
2.) After I get a mount is it summonable ... Same thing with pets ..
3.) How do pets work do I actually have to feed it meat and crap..
4.) When doing PVP in PVE does your charcter actually die... And in PVP what happens do you have to go get your body like in PVE ?
Let me take a stab at this since some of this seemed confusing.

1. You have to get flight paths in order to fly from city to city. When in a major city you need only ask a gaurd where the Flight Master is located. In smaller cities you will need to search around for the flight master who is usually standing near a few griffs/batriders.

You will not be able to fly to a new area unless you have first traveled there and talked to the flight master. Edit: In certain situations you will receive a quest that will let the flight master send you to a location before you have discovered that flight path. This doesn't happen often.

2. Once you reach lvl 40 you will get a quest as a paladin or warlock in order to summon a rideable mount. Once complete you will be able to summon him at will free of charge. Same thing for an epic mount at lvl 60.

If you aren't a pally or warlock you have to buy a mount from a local vendor and learn a riding skill for the respected mount.

3. Only as a hunter will you need to feed your pet. The reason you feed him is so he will stay loyal to you so that he can lvl and learn new spells. Also, if you give him lots of love(lots of food) he will do an additional %25 damage for you.

Regular pets that anyone can get dont require any care. Example would be a pet kitty cat or chicken.

4. While in a battle ground if you die you will be prompted to release your body. Once you do that you will appear in a graveyard. The only difference here is that there is a spirit rezzer that will return you to life. He is set on a timer that rotates every 30 seconds I think. You will not lose durability from a battle ground spirit rezzer. You do however have the option of running back to your corpse but 99 times out of a 100 you will just take the spirit rez because it returns you to full health/mana.

In PvE you will always have to run back to your body or the instance you are in UNLESS someone rezzes you.

insuranceman has 5,202 Posts

GO SOOTY GO!

OMFG YOU FOUND MY SECRET SENTENCE!!!!

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to insuranceman  

Old 02-07-2007

United States ADX
SC Addict

Thanks for all of the feedback.. I do appreciate it.

ADX has 1,945 Posts

ADX-09/13/07

pm.gif   

Old 02-07-2007

Canada Bred
Ich Bin Brot
 Bred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulz

Just something no one said concerning the Flight Paths, when you're in a town that looks pretty populated and that's under your control, look for an NPC with a green ! over their heads. This is a flightmaster that once you talk to, you gain possession of the flightpoint.

Bred has 8,696 Posts

i got atm machines for testicles..go me.. - Demon

pm.gif   

Old 02-07-2007

United States Kassad
Serenity Now

I get so pissed when I fly the Bats, because I always look down and see a Silver Vein I just missed and start yelling "Shit, stop!"

Kassad has 5,080 Posts

Old 02-07-2007

United States ADX
SC Addict

what is considered a major town.. Is dolomar one ??

ADX has 1,945 Posts

ADX-09/13/07

pm.gif   

Old 02-07-2007

Canada Bred
Ich Bin Brot
 Bred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulz

Major Cities: Ironforge (IF) Stormwind (SW) Darnassus (Darn?) Exodar (EXO?) for alliance
Orgrimmar (Org) Thunder Bluff (TB) Undercity (UC) Silvermoon (SM, may be confused w/ SCARLET MONASTARY) for horde.

When you're in a zone like Silverpine you just have to follow the road signs that lead you to a city or outpost that will most likely have quests and a flight master. For Silverpine it's The Sepulcher. Hillsbrad is Tarren Mill. Etc.

Note those are horde towns, because I'm a hordie and because ALLIANCE FUCKING SHUCKS.

Bred has 8,696 Posts

i got atm machines for testicles..go me.. - Demon

pm.gif   

Old 02-07-2007

United States ADX
SC Addict

Another quick question.. I just bought a new mouse today and am wondering on how to get WOW to recognize the mouse buttons. I have the current drivers installed and am just wondering on how to get WOW to recognize it...

ADX has 1,945 Posts

ADX-09/13/07

pm.gif   

Old 02-07-2007

insuranceman is unstoppable!insuranceman is unstoppable!insuranceman is unstoppable!insuranceman is unstoppable!insuranceman is unstoppable!insuranceman is unstoppable!insuranceman is unstoppable!insuranceman is unstoppable!insuranceman is unstoppable!insuranceman is unstoppable!insuranceman is unstoppable!

WoW sees them already. You need to setup binds for the buttons. While in game hit "esc" and there should be a "key bindings" option. For example you can set up your left mouse button to auto run. I highly recommend that.

I meant to mention that you can ress with a spirit healer in PvE but it's not very common since you take a %25 durability hit to all your armor items and lose a ton of attributes for 10 minutes. You really only want to do that if you are being camped(killed over and over whenever you rez at your body) or you simply can't get away from mobs much higher lvl than you.

Flight paths for alliance. I'm pretty sure I read you are a NE hunter.
http://wow.ogaming.com/data/2523~All...lightpaths.php

Blizzard has a nicer map than that but I can't seem to find it.

GO SOOTY GO!

Old 02-07-2007

United States Kassad
Serenity Now

Don't ever go to Silverpine. Sons of Arugal are fucking rapists. 298 Shadow Damage every 60 seconds for 5 Minutes! God!

Kassad has 5,080 Posts

Old 02-07-2007

I remember back in the original beta me and al's goal was to fucking kill one of those bastards!

GO SOOTY GO!