Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > Warcraft Discussion & Strategy

Warcraft Discussion & Strategy Research and Discuss to Win.

Old 12-20-2008

BlizzForums Neo
Boo!
 Neo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulz
Default Northrend/DK Quests

So my feral is in northrend now. I'm over in Borean Tundra, I find the D.E.H.T.A quests hilarious for some reason, as are the Nessingway mobs when they start talking "just a few more hoofs and I can get a new bow"... Heh. Blizzard outdid themselves with that.

I did make a Death Knight, and the quests were as epic as I thought they'd be. However there seemed to be... sort of a let down. The music, the quests, the NPCs, everything while you were working for the Lich King seemed perfect for leading up to something...

spoilers maybe? i dunno:
The one quest where an NPC of your race recognizes you seemed sort of contrived -- especially since your own character suffers from the Link-Syndrome. Something I think would've been interesting is if you had suffered a sort of momentary loss of your character as he/she knelt "remembering" this person (as Mograine did near the end)... I dunno.

The final battle was nice, but most of the NPCs besides the lich king/morgraine I had no idea who the hell they were. The walk through stormwind though was interesting. Now it's time to juggle talents, woo. I'm finding Blood fun, but giving up a perma-pet to tank stuff for me, and the 20% mount boost difficult. But at the same time I don't want to give up certain blood talents, so meh.

And professions. I grabbed Jewelcrafting/Enchanting, but I'm not really sure about those. Enchanting seems perfect since I can feed him stuff from my Feral, but leveling enchanting is not exactly easy. And Jewelcrafting seems better suited to Mining at first.

Anyway. I'm finding Borean Tundra to be sort of completely random to be honest. The terrain seems so pathwork sometime, and the quests sometimes have you running back and forth for no reason -- honestly I leveled in fucking Darkshore, don't make me do that again, especially when I can't fly for 7 levels... OMG WHINE.

What was your first zone up in Northrend? I think I might play through Howling Fjord as well. Anyway off to hit 71 =D

Neo has 10,110 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Neo Send a message via MSN to Neo Send a message via Yahoo to Neo 

Old 12-21-2008

United States shroomie
Forum Elder
 shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!

I did the Fjord first. Went to Dragon blight, ZD, S Basin, storm peaks, ice crown in that order. a lot of cool quests in ZD.

shroomie has 398 Posts

Holy Pally
UA Warlock
Proud BlizzForums Poster since 2000!

pm.gif   

Old 12-25-2008

United States RogueRed2
BF Member
 RogueRed2 is made of winRogueRed2 is made of winRogueRed2 is made of winRogueRed2 is made of winRogueRed2 is made of winRogueRed2 is made of winRogueRed2 is made of winRogueRed2 is made of winRogueRed2 is made of winRogueRed2 is made of winRogueRed2 is made of win

I leveld up in Fjord then went to Tundra. After that I went to Dragonblight and ended up dinging 80 in Grizzly hills. I'm barely at Zul'Dreak content right now xp

howling fjord + grizzly hills were my absolute favorite zones.

RogueRed2 has 1,417 Posts

...........................................||___
|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^|||__..____
|......HOMO...TRUCK.......|||..........__|
|_..._...______.........._____|||___|]__|
"'(0)'(0)'''''''''''''''(0)(0)****-------(0)

pm.gif   

Old 12-25-2008

United States Chaos
Eddie Harris
 Chaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, gosh

I took 68 - 70 in Fjord then split 70-72 between Tundra and Fjord.

Chaos has 28,439 Posts

WELL THEY CALL ME MIKE D THE EVER LOVING MAN
IM LIKE SPOONIE GEE WELL IM THE METROPOLITICIAN
YOU SCREAM AND YOU HOLLER
BOUT MY CHEVY IMPALA
BUT THE SWEAT IS GETTIN WET AROUND THE RING AROUND YOUR COLLAR

pm.gif   

Old 12-25-2008

Canada Meteora
Sniper in the mist
 Meteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supreme

Seeing how I'm many levels off before I even get to fucking Outland before Northrend, how many people are there in Northrend? Lots?

Meteora has 12,746 Posts

: : : : [StarCraft 2 Forums Veteran] : : : : [Call of Duty 4 Hardcore Player] : : : : [Proud To Be Canadian] : : : :

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to Meteora  

Old 12-25-2008

Canada Bred
Ich Bin Brot
 Bred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteora View Post
Seeing how I'm many levels off before I even get to fucking Outland before Northrend, how many people are there in Northrend? Lots?
90% of the server population

Bred has 8,696 Posts

i got atm machines for testicles..go me.. - Demon

pm.gif   

Old 12-25-2008

Canada KP
Words Will Never Hurt You
 KP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteora View Post
Consider that before the expansion pack most people had multiple level 70 toons with one being rare and not having at least one 70 on some server being more so. Consider also that people playing wow definitely are purchasing the exp pack if they're already paying for a subscription they can probably afford it.

So the majority of a server over a year old is made up of level 70's (at least regularly played chars and not alts/bank toons) So think that every 60/70 you saw pre expansions then aimed for the new level cap once they added 10 levels. So probably the majority of the 70's on your server pre expansion are now in Northrend either hitting level 80 already or on their way. I know my little experience with this exp pack was that the first few quests where you had to kill named mobs weren't worth the time spent waiting for a respawn so I'd imagine most zones are packed at the moment.

KP has 9,752 Posts

How To Get Around the Red Ring of Death Without Losing Your Xbox for two weeks
http://www.1227.com/

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to KP Send a message via MSN to KP  

Old 12-25-2008

BlizzForums Neo
Boo!
 Neo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulz

Northrend atm, doesn't seem to crowded. And I'm on a realm that apparently was suffering from major overpopulation. Hell I was hitting "too many instances" errors the other day heh.

I'm sure I won't want to go to Dalaran though unless I want to punish myself.

Fjord is pissing me off, the paths around the zone are really convoluted and some of the quests have you backtracking like 5-6 times which is just fucking aggravating. Ah well. 30% from 74 I think. I can't wait for 75 though, for when I get Savage Roar. I decided to go pure kitty for now. Though I'm finding that there aren't too many items that are upgrades, trinkets here and there, a couple rings. I've been putting together a small healing set just for the helluva it.

next patch will be nice, opening up druids to more then just feral staves, although I'm hesitant mainly because it seems sort of stupid to give hunters even more weapons to roll on. bear nerf/buff will be cool too, i think I'm looking at a major increase in armor, which is nice :3

Neo has 10,110 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Neo Send a message via MSN to Neo Send a message via Yahoo to Neo 

Old 12-26-2008

United States Chaos
Eddie Harris
 Chaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, gosh

you wont start seeing good druid tank or dps gear dropping until azjol-nerub and old kingdom neo, and then live in draktharon and VH once u hit 75 and then move on to halls of stone and gundrak once u hit 76.

Chaos has 28,439 Posts

BOUT MY CHEVY IMPALA

pm.gif   

Old 12-26-2008

BlizzForums Neo
Boo!

partly not even looking forward to gearing up honestly, blizzard seems to have once again decided to act like morons in regards to druid itemization -- well at least for ferals. the 2pc/4pc bonuses both basically suckass, with the 4pc completely useless for cats (lol 3sec longer barkskin?! WOW!)

Neo has 10,110 Posts

Old 12-27-2008

United States Chaos
Eddie Harris

DK itemization sucks too... yeah we get two great blue axes from borean and amphitheater of anguish, and some nice boots and belts and rings and necklaces... but thats about it. legs, chest, hands, wrist, DK doesn't got much to choose from until you hit Gun'Drak.

At least for DPS DKs. tank DKs get some decent quest rewards and instance drops but thats just because blizzard decided to make every instance drop at least one good tank piece from bosses and 1 from quests and then all the regular quests seem to have a tank plate piece no matter what and half the time the DPS plate piece is obviously for ret pallies, DKs and warrs get screwed

Chaos has 28,439 Posts

BOUT MY CHEVY IMPALA

pm.gif   

Old 12-28-2008

BlizzForums Neo
Boo!

I can't figure out what the hell the DK's position is. I know Blizzard is trying this funky "be whatever you want in any tree" crap, but really wtf. Some of the skills, from say frost, or unholy, simply work better as tanking talents (admittedly in my limited experience) then blood...

Meh I dunno. Made my DK a miner/skinner so I've been wondering around Loch Modan as an xmas gnome gathering and raising my skill. I'm thinking that Unholy might be a better route honestly, considering the speed increases and the pet.

Ah well.

By the way, last night I hit the wrathgate cinematic, which surprised me, and was awesome. :3 Now i'm kicking around Orgrimmar fishing, lol.

Neo has 10,110 Posts

Old 12-29-2008

United States Kaervek
i'm on your wifi.
 Kaervek is made of winKaervek is made of winKaervek is made of winKaervek is made of winKaervek is made of winKaervek is made of winKaervek is made of winKaervek is made of winKaervek is made of winKaervek is made of winKaervek is made of win

I hit up Borean Tundra first, finished about 80% (?) of the quests there, and moved over to Howling Fjord. A.) I didn't want to miss out on both starting zones, B.) Staying a couple levels above the zone you're questing in makes life much easier. I dinged 80 in Sholazar Basin grinding rhinos for that slave-driver Nesingwary.

Kaervek has 768 Posts

404, savior not found.

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Kaervek Send a message via MSN to Kaervek  

Old 12-29-2008

United States GenocideAlive
You Want My Shoes?
 GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...

Ugh I didn't even go to SB save for (I think) twenty or so quests. The zone is too crowded and too difficult to navigate with anything but a flier and a low aggro ball. The quests are basic grab-and-tag type quests, with AoE mobfarming being most useful. I enjoyed the SHIT out of Zul'Drak, I did just about every quest in the zone except the 3 in the final chain. Icecrown was meh, the cinematic was meh. The zone is too busy (too much going on) and it's just too fing big.

As for DK gear, you're fine quit whining. DKs do ridiculous DPS and have incredible abilities beside. If you're doing poorly it's because your spec sucks or you're bad. Go look up a spec and a DPS rotation, and I guarantee you'll be humming right along in no time.

GenocideAlive has 2,277 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 12-29-2008

United States Waffen
Retired Legendary Troll
 Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!

I did Borean Tundra first. That was a mistake. It was probably the worst zone in the expansion. After two weeks of going on and off I finally completed it, went to Howling Fjord, and discovered that I was having fun. After the Fjord I went to Grizzly Hills and quested there till 75. After I got tired of the zone (everything was green or going green) I decided to check out Dragonblight because I heard of the Wrath Gate Event and an awesome storyline quest at the Alliance Keep there. Did all of that and I was 77. Then I finished off by doing as much of Icecrown as possible and skimmed Zul'Drak and Storm Peaks.

Overall, Howling Fjord and Grizzly Hills were the best zones in the games. Oh yeah, didn't I mention that Grizzly Hills was the best zone in the game?

The artist formally known as Dark Templar, Dunedain and Warlock.

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Waffen