Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > Warcraft Discussion & Strategy

Warcraft Discussion & Strategy Research and Discuss to Win.

Old 12-18-2008

BlizzForums Neo
Boo!
 Neo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulz

Honestly though, a Druid at 70 is so much different then one at 60. The feral tree has also changed a great deal -- make it clear that I love feral druids, I've not really done Resto/Balance.

Considering your warrior is close to 80 why not take him the rest of the way? We all get burnt out -- so if that's the case roll a something completely different, something you'd never roll or build normally.

HOnestly though, rambling about ferals here, I find nothing more fun then popping on my druid and deciding "what am I doing today? Do I want to act like a warrior and maul things in bear form, or play rogue in cat form? Also the fact that down time basically is nonexistent for a feral I find that really nice. It's also one of the reasons I can't play another toon for any long periods of time, the constant downtime for some just piss me the hell off to no end.

PvP (BGs at least) as a feral is really fun too. I'm rather annoyed I've lost all my macros, but oh well. Heh, in fact I've got to relearn rotations, and setup new panic-buttons and such. Granted most of my old macros are obsolete now heh.

Last edited by Neo; 12-18-2008 at 05:08 PM.
Neo has 10,110 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Neo Send a message via MSN to Neo Send a message via Yahoo to Neo 

Old 12-18-2008

United States GenocideAlive
You Want My Shoes?
 GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...

Quote:
DPS warriors/rogues/hunters/feral druids are all top DPS.
Every other class is fairly even in terms of DPS, but a good sized chunk below the ones above.
It's kind of weird how you explain the stats for your raid in very clear terms then go on to make a generalization about all of WoW classes. Regardless, bringing a Rogue for DPS is like bringing a carving knife vs. bringing a Swiss Army knife. They can put up good numbers if they're well geared and well played (two criteria that are not easy to meet by any standard), but if you want to do anything besides put out DPS they're neigh useless. A warlock can slap a Curse of Elements onto a target and basically drop its health by 10-13% with no danger of it falling off. In combat CC with Fear. Terrific AoE. A Mage can slap on a crit buff between it and a friend, and make food. It can AoE like a madman. Shamen have totems for the raid, critbuffs that affect raid, etc.

There's just no good reason to bring a Rogue that you don't know if there are other options, unless you're in a solid guild and have a guaranteed raid spot. Because I can guarantee that nearly every guild is full on Rogues, and still trying to get bad Rogues to stop apping.

GenocideAlive has 2,277 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 12-18-2008

United States TheRabidDeer
Voting independent
 TheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of win

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenocideAlive View Post
It's kind of weird how you explain the stats for your raid in very clear terms then go on to make a generalization about all of WoW classes. Regardless, bringing a Rogue for DPS is like bringing a carving knife vs. bringing a Swiss Army knife. They can put up good numbers if they're well geared and well played (two criteria that are not easy to meet by any standard), but if you want to do anything besides put out DPS they're neigh useless. A warlock can slap a Curse of Elements onto a target and basically drop its health by 10-13% with no danger of it falling off. In combat CC with Fear. Terrific AoE. A Mage can slap on a crit buff between it and a friend, and make food. It can AoE like a madman. Shamen have totems for the raid, critbuffs that affect raid, etc.

There's just no good reason to bring a Rogue that you don't know if there are other options, unless you're in a solid guild and have a guaranteed raid spot. Because I can guarantee that nearly every guild is full on Rogues, and still trying to get bad Rogues to stop apping.
What is more fun? To play a class with a gimmick raid utility and be sub-par DPS, or be a real DPS class and dish out huge amounts of damage? You also vastly overstate curse of elements since it only has an effect for locks/priests/mages, as boomkins (and ele shamans?) buff arcane/nature dmg. Mage buff is only for arcane mages, which is basically just a PvP spec.

Also, my post dictates what things are like if classes are all played properly. That is just how things are right now if you dont suck. Gear at this stage of the game is absurdly easy to get, so I dont even consider it a factor. After only 3 weeks of raiding just about all of my guild is in full T7/T7.5 quality gear. Each boss in naxx 25 drops 4 pieces of loot, and each in Naxx10 drops 4 pieces of loot, in addition to badges which can be used to purchase equal quality gear. Beyond that even, each end heroic boss drops a piece of loot on par with naxx10 loot.

So each week you get 120 pieces of loot from just naxx...

Really though, if you like DPS as a warrior, just put forth a bit of effort to learn a decent rotation and get a mod that tells you what gear is good for you (a mod like pawn lets you assign points for each stat, and basically you can just look at the pawn value to see which piece is better) and you are set for being a DPS warrior.

EDIT: As for rogues... theres always a good reason to bring a rogue. Until they fix HAT they are the undisputed kings of single target DPS, far ahead of everybody else. You only need to bring 1 of each utility class, and beyond that you bring whoever has the highest DPS for bosses... and a good HAT rogue put in with a good crit group will absolutely destroy.

Last edited by TheRabidDeer; 12-18-2008 at 09:25 PM.

Take the power from the parties and vote independent in 2008.

pm.gif   

Old 12-19-2008

You Want My Shoes?
 GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRabidDeer View Post
What is more fun? To play a class with a gimmick raid utility and be sub-par DPS, or be a real DPS class and dish out huge amounts of damage?
What is more fun? To have a meaningful discussion about what's fun or to start asking loaded questions so you can be the know it all? Sorry, but my class is fun, regardless of your moronic cutdowns regarding its "gimmick raid utility". Generally, people consider Healthstones, a Soulstone, and Curse of Elements to be raidbuffs and they WANT a Warlock. Something about a Raidwipe utility, a 5kHP healthpot with its own cooldown, and a huge DPS boost to casters is desireable--go figure.

Just like a Shaman's totems ONLY affect either casters or melee, CoE only affects casters. You're the first person I've heard call a 10-13% caster DPS boost a gimmick, but regardless, just because you can't appreciate it doesn't mean it's worthless. I'm guessing its because you're ignorant as evidenced by your remark regarding Arcane / Nature damage. It affects Shadow, Fire, Arcane, and Frost damages and resistances, NOT including Nature damage.
Quote:
Also, my post dictates what things are like if classes are all played properly.
This is called the No True Scotsman fallacy and not deserving of a response. I guess for purposes of WoW, it'd be called the Bcuz U Suk fallacy.
Quote:
EDIT: As for rogues... theres always a good reason to bring a rogue. Until they fix HAT they are the undisputed kings of single target DPS, far ahead of everybody else. You only need to bring 1 of each utility class, and beyond that you bring whoever has the highest DPS for bosses... and a good HAT rogue put in with a good crit group will absolutely destroy.
On fights where melee is constantly having to run in and out, dodge this or that, or multitarget, they're typically struggling to keep up on DPS because they have to spend so much time unengaged and they have terrible AoE. They're not omfg awesome guaranteed DPS, they're only great DPS on tank and spanks. Otherwise it's a crap shoot, where they shuttle between raid liability and raid utility, as they have to catch more heals for being in melee range of shit like VoA smoke cloud and the like. But if the way you truly enjoy the game is by saying dumb shit like "YOU'RE WRONG, CLASSES ARE PLAYED LIKE THIS ALWAYS AND FOREVER UNLESS YOU SUCK OR HAVE BAD GEAR IN WHICH CASE YOU'RE BAD AND YOU SUCK."

Frequently, the output depends on the fight and the player.

Last edited by GenocideAlive; 12-19-2008 at 01:42 PM.

pm.gif   

Old 12-19-2008

United States TheRabidDeer
Voting independent
 TheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of win

Quote:
What is more fun? To have a meaningful discussion about what's fun or to start asking loaded questions so you can be the know it all? Sorry, but my class is fun, regardless of your moronic cutdowns regarding its "gimmick raid utility". Generally, people consider Healthstones, a Soulstone, and Curse of Elements to be raidbuffs and they WANT a Warlock. Something about a Raidwipe utility, a 5kHP healthpot with its own cooldown, and a huge DPS boost to casters is desireable--go figure.

Just like a Shaman's totems ONLY affect either casters or melee, CoE only affects casters. You're the first person I've heard call a 10-13% caster DPS boost a gimmick, but regardless, just because you can't appreciate it doesn't mean it's worthless. I'm guessing its because you're ignorant as evidenced by your remark regarding Arcane / Nature damage. It affects Shadow, Fire, Arcane, and Frost damages and resistances, NOT including Nature damage.

This is called the No True Scotsman fallacy and not deserving of a response. I guess for purposes of WoW, it'd be called the Bcuz U Suk fallacy.

On fights where melee is constantly having to run in and out, dodge this or that, or multitarget, they're typically struggling to keep up on DPS because they have to spend so much time unengaged and they have terrible AoE. They're not omfg awesome guaranteed DPS, they're only great DPS on tank and spanks. Otherwise it's a crap shoot, where they shuttle between raid liability and raid utility, as they have to catch more heals for being in melee range of shit like VoA smoke cloud and the like. But if the way you truly enjoy the game is by saying dumb shit like "YOU'RE WRONG, CLASSES ARE PLAYED LIKE THIS ALWAYS AND FOREVER UNLESS YOU SUCK OR HAVE BAD GEAR IN WHICH CASE YOU'RE BAD AND YOU SUCK."

Frequently, the output depends on the fight and the player.
Oh, so apparently a fallacy on mathematics? Man, thatll teach me to trust math in a game that is based mostly on math. Gosh, I sure feel foolish now.

I am not gonna bother arguing against you at all anymore GA (this thread or future threads), because its pretty obvious that you mostly just post to troll. Enjoy your class, I mean you seem to fully enjoy it with how ravenously you defend anything relating to the class.

Take the power from the parties and vote independent in 2008.

pm.gif   

Old 12-21-2008

You Want My Shoes?

I do enjoy my class, I think that was inherent in my speech. I think among the two of us, I am not the one in denial about my rabid defenses. Perhaps that's why you find yourself kneedeep in a messy argument namecalling and throwing about ad hominem accusations rather than defending your outlandish argument as it crumbles around you. I will enjoy my "time off" from your elitist denigrating rhetoric.

pm.gif   

Old 12-24-2008

United States Dakara
BF Member
 Dakara is unstoppable!Dakara is unstoppable!Dakara is unstoppable!Dakara is unstoppable!Dakara is unstoppable!Dakara is unstoppable!Dakara is unstoppable!Dakara is unstoppable!Dakara is unstoppable!Dakara is unstoppable!Dakara is unstoppable!

Class buffs and nerfs come and go with time, I would just recommend playing a class you enjoy. Warriors are a lot of fun, mine is 76 now (late start on the LK grind) and I am having a lot of fun with him. You mentioned a Shaman but didn't like the totem dropping, you might not know but just about every totem lasts for 5 minutes now aside from obvious ones (fire nova, stoneclaw, etc). Really, I guess it depends on what you want to do with the charachter; PvP, PvE or both. I think Warriors fit that role well but I may be a bit biased.

Dakara has 3 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Dakara  

Old 01-06-2009

You Want My Shoes?

The problem with Warriors is that they don't hold a candle to DKs. And since DKs start at L55, basically everybody rolled one. Servers are buckling with DK tank / dps, and their tanking is good and their DPS is ridiculous. Warriors have minimal use these days, besides PvP or filling in for a MT.

pm.gif   

Old 01-06-2009

United States Waffen
Retired Legendary Troll
 Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!

Quote:
The problem with Warriors is that they don't hold a candle to DKs. And since DKs start at L55, basically everybody rolled one. Servers are buckling with DK tank / dps, and their tanking is good and their DPS is ridiculous. Warriors have minimal use these days, besides PvP or filling in for a MT.
The man speaks truth. I've been tanking for two to three weeks now and yeah. DKs are all around better than a warrior. Plus it doesn't help that most of the warriors in the game suck.

The artist formally known as Dark Templar, Dunedain and Warlock.

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Waffen  

Old 01-06-2009

United States shroomie
Forum Elder
 shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!

I'm missing +healing items, now I'm rolling against every other caster dps. Esp in pugs.

shroomie has 398 Posts

Holy Pally
UA Warlock
Proud BlizzForums Poster since 2000!

pm.gif   

Old 01-06-2009

Canada Meteora
Sniper in the mist
 Meteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waffen View Post
The man speaks truth. I've been tanking for two to three weeks now and yeah. DKs are all around better than a warrior. Plus it doesn't help that most of the warriors in the game suck.
Oh god tell me about it. I picked up a Warrior in a PUG for Scarlet Monastery with my Warlock and the guy wasn't even specced for Protection, he was specced as Fury. He didn't even know the Defensive Stance was better for tanking and couldn't hold shit for aggro. Hell he never bothered using his rage, his bar was almost always above 70 rage.

I'm going to see if I prefer tanking or DPSing with my Warrior, but I'm going to neglect it for a bit until I hit at least level 60 or something. I'm at level 39.

Meteora has 12,746 Posts

: : : : [StarCraft 2 Forums Veteran] : : : : [Call of Duty 4 Hardcore Player] : : : : [Proud To Be Canadian] : : : :

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to Meteora  

Old 01-07-2009

You Want My Shoes?

Warriors frequently have gold issues because of repair bills. Especially raiding Warriors. Thus, you will almost always see a PvP / leveling Warrior trying to pass off as a Tank, because they don't want to have to pay respec fees. I started a twink Warrior with some artifacts for giggles, but I've cooled on that whole scene now that I've gotten a better idea of guild compositions. Warriors are good for PvP but a dime a dozen for raiding.

I'm guessing the next hero class that drops will be Priest/ess of the Moon, a healer. That way group comps will be full on DK tanks and PotM healers, Blizzard's goal all along.

pm.gif   

Old 01-07-2009

United States Waffen
Retired Legendary Troll
 Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!

They could've implemented hero classes a lot better. Their original concept of a hero class being based on a # of points in a talent tree and receiving unique spells to go with it would've worked better in the long run than an entirely new class.

Old 01-07-2009

Canada Meteora
Sniper in the mist
 Meteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waffen View Post
They could've implemented hero classes a lot better. Their original concept of a hero class being based on a # of points in a talent tree and receiving unique spells to go with it would've worked better in the long run than an entirely new class.
I'll have to agree with this; seeing how there so many goddamn Death Knights it has become pretty ridiculous. Though Blizzard probably thought it wouldn't work out if say a healer became a Death Knight for example; so they just made it a separate class.

Wonder what's the next hero class going to be on.

Meteora has 12,746 Posts

: : : : [StarCraft 2 Forums Veteran] : : : : [Call of Duty 4 Hardcore Player] : : : : [Proud To Be Canadian] : : : :

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to Meteora  

Old 01-07-2009

United States Waffen
Retired Legendary Troll

Of course a healer couldn't become a Death Knight. Hero Classes would be restricted to individual classes. For example, Paladins could've had three hero classes, a Death Knight, Praetorian, and Cleric. DKs would have stronger synergy and spells related to DPSing, Praetorians are better with tanking, and Clerics are better with Holy.

As for the next hero class, hmm. Find something thats related to the Maelstrom because the South Seas is the next expansion for WoW.