Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > Warcraft Discussion & Strategy

Warcraft Discussion & Strategy Research and Discuss to Win.

Old 12-03-2008

Canada Meteora
Sniper in the mist
 Meteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supreme
Default Has anyone even made a Death Knight?

Self-explanatory. I want opinions, because I might make one later on in the future.

Meteora has 12,746 Posts

: : : : [StarCraft 2 Forums Veteran] : : : : [Call of Duty 4 Hardcore Player] : : : : [Proud To Be Canadian] : : : :

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to Meteora  

Old 12-03-2008

United States Blackhand
BF Member
 Blackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightened

Yeah. It's a bit different playstyle from Rogue/Enhance Shaman (it's closest analogues), but fun, and worth trying at least for the super fun quests in the starting area.

But if you do, remember: you get skills every level (after the starting area even). Not just the every 2 levels you may be used to pre-60.

Yes Friends. Act now. Destroy Unicron!
Kill The Grand Rhubarb!
Eliminate Even The Toughest Stains!

-Utterred by Wreck-Gar, the Junkion leader, upon departing for the final battle with Unicron at Cybertron.

pm.gif   

Old 12-03-2008

United States GenocideAlive
You Want My Shoes?
 GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...

Make one, just for fun. Even if you never play it again, you get a peek at the "changing landscape" during questing. It's pretty awesome and no small amount of fun. As you run through and progress, you get some beefy gear, too. It'll last you anywhere from L62-L64 depending on how hardcore you are about it. It's all blue but most of it is better than L60 purples.

GenocideAlive has 2,277 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 12-03-2008

United States shroomie
Forum Elder
 shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!

Mine is 62, I'm leveling as Blood though I wish I went unholy b/c I heard it's more fun. Blood does a crap load of DMG though.
My buddy leveled his to 80, he loves it, they're a fun tank class I heard too.

shroomie has 398 Posts

Holy Pally
UA Warlock
Proud BlizzForums Poster since 2000!

pm.gif   

Old 12-03-2008

United States the.raven
BF Member
 the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!

can you get invited to raids as DPS is what I want to know.

the.raven has 1,016 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 12-03-2008

Canada Meteora
Sniper in the mist
 Meteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supreme

Hm, alright. I was looking into Death Knights because they seem pretty interesting, and not to mention that they start off at level 55 so I can skip a bunch of levels and having to go through all the basic content once more.

Meteora has 12,746 Posts

: : : : [StarCraft 2 Forums Veteran] : : : : [Call of Duty 4 Hardcore Player] : : : : [Proud To Be Canadian] : : : :

Old 12-04-2008

You Want My Shoes?
 GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...

Basically anything can get an invite to a raid as DPS. DKs can do enough damage to keep up with pugs and they have some nice buffs. Are they going to outdo the prima donnas? Don't bet on it. If you're bad you don't get invites as any spec, nuff said.

As for their specs, I level as Blood and people leveling as Unholy are inferior or intend to PvP. I know both the guys on Arthas that were leveling to L80 on their DKs and going for server first. The guy who lost did so by a rather large margin and leveled as Unholy. The guy who leveled as Blood had almost a full level ahead. Unholy has a lot more burst but way more downtime, and relies a lot more on the zombie and other such crap to keep the damage up. Mobs with AoE effects tend to dust Unholy rather quickly.

As for me, a Draenei blood DK has just about zero downtime and zero food requirements.

pm.gif   

Old 12-08-2008

United States Waffen
Retired Legendary Troll
 Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!

I messed around with a Gnome Blood DK for awhile. I felt that its play style was very similar to that of a paladin, but with more buttons for some reason.

The artist formally known as Dark Templar, Dunedain and Warlock.

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Waffen  

Old 12-08-2008

You Want My Shoes?

Bleh, gnomes aren't very good for DKs. DKs don't have to worry about roots since they have all that shit they can do to either pull their opponents to them or make themselves all but magic immune. Human is fast becoming the ally race of choice, with Draenei a close second.

pm.gif   

Old 12-08-2008

United States Blackhand
BF Member
 Blackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightened

And Hordeside it's Tauren 1st by a long shot, with orcs & Elves coming close to tying for 2nd.

Yes Friends. Act now. Destroy Unicron!
Kill The Grand Rhubarb!
Eliminate Even The Toughest Stains!

-Utterred by Wreck-Gar, the Junkion leader, upon departing for the final battle with Unicron at Cybertron.

pm.gif   

Old 12-08-2008

Canada Meteora
Sniper in the mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhand View Post
And Hordeside it's Tauren 1st by a long shot, with orcs & Elves coming close to tying for 2nd.
I saw a Tauren Death Knight the first time. They are fucking huge.

Meteora has 12,746 Posts

Old 12-09-2008

BlizzForums Neo
Boo!
 Neo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulz

which i find really annoying, lore wise I mean.

I mean we know that even Night Elves can be corrupted, but to our knowledge taurens haven't been yet. It seems antithetical to their whole race. Personally I thought it would've made sense for Death Knights to work with any race except those that are druids.

Ah well.

In the mean time I've been wondering what the best DK would be alliance side. I've got to say that I'm leaning heavily towards Draenei simply because I've never played one before. Though I've been thinking that a Human DK would make much more sense, and would save me from certain rep grind if I ever decide to take him all the way up. plus the new racial is nice too.

but meh, humans seem so boring. I just don't think that the D's healing or bonus to jewelcrafting would be > the rep bonus or the insignia racial.

Neo has 10,110 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Neo Send a message via MSN to Neo Send a message via Yahoo to Neo 

Old 12-09-2008

Canada Meteora
Sniper in the mist

I'd say don't be Human. Last I saw from WOWCensus or whatever its called, Humans were the most played/made race (followed up by the Night Elves, Blood Elves and I think Draenei or Undead). And I never really liked the Human models very much. =/

Meteora has 12,746 Posts

Old 12-10-2008

BlizzForums Neo
Boo!
 Neo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulz

i pick races because of their racial abilities usually. not really how they look or how popular they are :P

Neo has 10,110 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Neo Send a message via MSN to Neo Send a message via Yahoo to Neo 

Old 12-10-2008

United States Alexander
Pew Pew
 Alexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwns

Racial abilities factor in, but I don't think I would ever want to play an Orc. I hate the models for humans as well.

Alexander has 1,497 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Alexander