Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > Warcraft Discussion & Strategy

Warcraft Discussion & Strategy Research and Discuss to Win.

Old 12-10-2008

Canada Meteora
Sniper in the mist
 Meteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
i pick races because of their racial abilities usually. not really how they look or how popular they are :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
Racial abilities factor in, but I don't think I would ever want to play an Orc. I hate the models for humans as well.
I never really considered racial factors to be a big deciding part. The only useful racial abilities that I've encountered is Dwarfs being able to find treasures and Humans having diplomacy under their belt.

Meteora has 12,746 Posts

: : : : [StarCraft 2 Forums Veteran] : : : : [Call of Duty 4 Hardcore Player] : : : : [Proud To Be Canadian] : : : :

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to Meteora  

Old 12-10-2008

Canada Bred
Ich Bin Brot
 Bred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulz

Um..

Escape Artist? Will of the Forsaken?

I know they're only shadows of their former selves, but oh damn.

And Orc Male modles aren't that bad... females... well eh... no Horde females look that great.

Bred has 8,696 Posts

i got atm machines for testicles..go me.. - Demon

pm.gif   

Old 12-10-2008

United States Chaos
Eddie Harris
 Chaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, gosh

I have a human 71 DK at the moment, unholy, and I haven't noticed the problems GA mentions. It's rare that I end a battle without full health. If a DK is getting stomped by AOE, he doesn't know how to use the 3 interrupts (and one of those is a 5 second silence too!) that the DK gets.

Chaos has 28,439 Posts

WELL THEY CALL ME MIKE D THE EVER LOVING MAN
IM LIKE SPOONIE GEE WELL IM THE METROPOLITICIAN
YOU SCREAM AND YOU HOLLER
BOUT MY CHEVY IMPALA
BUT THE SWEAT IS GETTIN WET AROUND THE RING AROUND YOUR COLLAR

pm.gif   

Old 12-10-2008

BlizzForums Neo
Boo!
 Neo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulz

Yeah, I find stoneform for dwarves more compelling then the treasure search (unless you're low level?).

Truth is that a human DK would be nice becuase a) diplomacy means less rep grinding, especially for pre-wrath factions I might want to grind for whatever reason, and b) the trinketless insignia ability which is just <3.

Also somewhat fits with the lore. A DK Gnome would look stupid, dwarf DK might work, still small though lol... and a DK NE is wrong on so many levels... Though a Draenei DK would be nice because of mini-heal and the bonus to JC.

Neo has 10,110 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Neo Send a message via MSN to Neo Send a message via Yahoo to Neo 

Old 12-10-2008

Canada Meteora
Sniper in the mist
 Meteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bred View Post
Um..

Escape Artist? Will of the Forsaken?

I know they're only shadows of their former selves, but oh damn.

And Orc Male modles aren't that bad... females... well eh... no Horde females look that great.
How about Blood Elves? I think they look better than the Human counterparts.

Meteora has 12,746 Posts

: : : : [StarCraft 2 Forums Veteran] : : : : [Call of Duty 4 Hardcore Player] : : : : [Proud To Be Canadian] : : : :

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to Meteora  

Old 12-10-2008

United States Chaos
Eddie Harris
 Chaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, gosh

Forgot that one of the DK spell interrupts is also a 4-second silence for spells in that class (frost, arcane, fire, shadow, whatever). So the DK has 3 spell interrupts, one with a 5-second silence, and one with a 4-second silence for that particular spell class.

So basically if you're a DK getting raped by clothies, you are a nub sir.

Chaos has 28,439 Posts

BOUT MY CHEVY IMPALA

pm.gif   

Old 12-11-2008

United States GenocideAlive
You Want My Shoes?
 GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...

I'm pretty sure I was referring to serious PvE, as in instances and raids, not killing some fuckstick mob out in the boondocks. Regardless, you finish mobs with "almost full health", a Blood DK finishes mobs with full health. Too many ways to lifegain.

As for your sudden stupid supposition that DKs totally roll clothies, I seriously doubt it.

Blastwave is an instant ability by mages that does fire damage and knockback. After Blastwave hits, the mage can cast an instant Flamestrike. After Flamestrike and Blastwave hit, the mage can cast instant Frost Nova to root you then a big Cone of Cold in your faces. If you AMS he can just Iceblock and wait it out. If you silence him you still have to hack through his Ice Armor before you can start dealing serious damage.

Warlocks (affliction) have instant Howl of Terror and tons of powerful DoTs including a lifegain DoT, which are uninterruptible. Destruction Warlocks have Shadowfury, a couple of DoTs, Shadowflame, and Chaos Bolt, which goes through AMS. Demo Warlocks have incredibly strong pets and an oh-shit button that turns them into a melee beast. All Warlocks can simply sacrifice their Voidwalker pet and absorb damage until the 5s silence effect wears off, instant summon another, and get back to work on your empty runed ass. The rest the warlock can simply avoid by not casting interruptible spells.

Mages and Warlocks can fight back against any class competently.

GenocideAlive has 2,277 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 12-11-2008

BlizzForums Neo
Boo!
 Neo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulz

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenocideAlive View Post
<any class> can fight back against any class competently.
fixed.

If you're skilled you can combat any class with any class I'd imagine. Obviously some classes have advantages and disadvantages in certain situations, but meh.

Lol, I was going to go try a BG with my (still-70) druid, but thought better of it. I've forgotten my skill rotation completely, and with the addition of Pounce/infected wounds/the 30% more HP skill/etc... it's like, wtf. Though I swear rooting indoors is like hacking almost.

swipe is truly aoe now though. gogogo farming old instances!

Neo has 10,110 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Neo Send a message via MSN to Neo Send a message via Yahoo to Neo 

Old 12-11-2008

You Want My Shoes?
 GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...

IDK. I don't see too many healbots that win fights.

And say, enhance shammies vs. warriors.

pm.gif   

Old 12-11-2008

BlizzForums Neo
Boo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenocideAlive View Post
IDK. I don't see too many healbots that win fights.

And say, enhance shammies vs. warriors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
Obviously some classes have advantages and disadvantages in certain situations, but meh.
didn't people bitch nonstop about resto druids in PVP? whatever happened with that?

Neo has 10,110 Posts

Old 12-11-2008

You Want My Shoes?

No, people bitched nonstop about Night Elf resto druids in PvP. Because Druids that do nothing but stay in Bear Form, wait till you get them down, then use Entangling Roots / Cyclone, HoT the SHIT out of themselves, hop into Cheetah form, run behind a bunch of pillars, and sit, Shadowmeld, and drink. This doesn't work anymore, for multiple reasons involving the 3.0 patch. It's also interesting to note that Death Knights have a debuff that accompanies one of their strikes that removes a HoT.

pm.gif   

Old 12-12-2008

United States Chaos
Eddie Harris

Quote:
I'm pretty sure I was referring to serious PvE, as in instances and raids, not killing some fuckstick mob out in the boondocks. Regardless, you finish mobs with "almost full health", a Blood DK finishes mobs with full health. Too many ways to lifegain.
Regardless, that isn't what I said. I said I rarely finish a battle without full health, PvE, or PvP as long as he isn't 3+ levels higher, then I'm dead =( and to clarify the only time I don't is when I'm lazy and or/high and don't do my attacks in the proper order.

I'm just going to assume the rest of your post is as nonsense as the first paragraph, bye!

Chaos has 28,439 Posts

BOUT MY CHEVY IMPALA

pm.gif   

Old 12-12-2008

You Want My Shoes?

Whew, nice dodge! That was a close one!

pm.gif