Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > General Forums > Serious Discussion

Serious Discussion Intelligent Debate and Discussion of Important Life Topics.

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2008

United States Santrega
The one and only
 Santrega is made of winSantrega is made of winSantrega is made of winSantrega is made of winSantrega is made of winSantrega is made of winSantrega is made of winSantrega is made of winSantrega is made of winSantrega is made of winSantrega is made of win
Default Blood Thirsty President Bush

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/play...861&cl=9609634

"If I'm sitting here watching the casualties come in, I'd at least like to know whether or not our soldiers are fighting" - President Bush

The above link is a video that has a real audio recording of president bush...

Apparently, our soldiers job in iraq is to kill, not to protect.

Santrega has 737 Posts

I require additional reputation.

pm.gif   

Old 09-10-2008

United States Chaos
Eddie Harris
 Chaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, gosh

Is your post supposed to be serious or not? I can't tell, because what you said is so incredibly stupid that I'm not sure it should be taken as your real opinion.

Yes it is the job of our soldiers to protect, by killing people who blow up truck bombs in front of mosques and in marketplaces before they can blow up truck bombs in front of mosques and in marketplaces. Fucking duh. And I think it might be a good idea if you're in charge of a war to ask whether or not your soldiers are hurting the enemy if they themselves are taking casualties. Just maybe.

Chaos has 28,439 Posts

WELL THEY CALL ME MIKE D THE EVER LOVING MAN
IM LIKE SPOONIE GEE WELL IM THE METROPOLITICIAN
YOU SCREAM AND YOU HOLLER
BOUT MY CHEVY IMPALA
BUT THE SWEAT IS GETTIN WET AROUND THE RING AROUND YOUR COLLAR

pm.gif   

Old 09-10-2008

United States Santrega
The one and only
 Santrega is made of winSantrega is made of winSantrega is made of winSantrega is made of winSantrega is made of winSantrega is made of winSantrega is made of winSantrega is made of winSantrega is made of winSantrega is made of winSantrega is made of win

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
Is your post supposed to be serious or not? I can't tell, because what you said is so incredibly stupid that I'm not sure it should be taken as your real opinion.

Yes it is the job of our soldiers to protect, by killing people who blow up truck bombs in front of mosques and in marketplaces before they can blow up truck bombs in front of mosques and in marketplaces. Fucking duh. And I think it might be a good idea if you're in charge of a war to ask whether or not your soldiers are hurting the enemy if they themselves are taking casualties. Just maybe.
You are such a fucking dick, you can't judge a war by the amount of casualties you create. What a fucking dickish thing to say, for you and the president.

They are doing their fucking jobs over there regardless of how many people they are killing. Additionally, a road side bomb or suicide bombing is most likely going to kill more fucking americans than the americans will kill insurgents.

Asking for body counts as evidence whether or not the soldiers are fighting is fucking ridiculous, and so are you.

Santrega has 737 Posts

I require additional reputation.

pm.gif   

Old 09-10-2008

BlizzForums Lackey
Forum Lackey
 Lackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santrega View Post

Quote:
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.

General George S. Patton
I'm not sure how to reply to this since it's quite obvious that your perception of our role in Iraq is not entirely grounded in reality. It appears that you do not fully understand the dynamics of the population in Iraq. Sunni, Shiite, Kurds....they're not all peaceful people. Sometimes, when these "bad" people shoot at us, we are forced to return fire, killing some of these people in return. I know, it's unthinkable that we might try to kill people with guns, but it's true. Try not to lose sleep over it, mmmmk?

Lackey has 12,743 Posts

I'm a dude, playing a dude, disguised as another dude.

pm.gif   

Old 09-10-2008

No country specified. To select a country, go to User CP -> Edit Profile -> Country Pizza
Pizza
 Pizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santrega View Post
http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/play...861&cl=9609634

"If I'm sitting here watching the casualties come in, I'd at least like to know whether or not our soldiers are fighting" - President Bush

The above link is a video that has a real audio recording of president bush...

Yeah Bob Woodward's new book is pretty huge and a lot of it is in the news right now. Not attacking its credibility here, I just hope you realize that all the information reported in the media about this stuff right now is all coming from one source.

Here's a good article I read yesterday in the Post based on The War Within that gives insight into how Bush approaches the war, and the channels (outside the chain of command and the JCS who disagree with him in a lot of cases) he uses to gain advice and express his wishes.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...0404206&s_pos=

Last edited by Pizza; 09-10-2008 at 02:18 PM.
Pizza has 12,834 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 09-10-2008

United States Chaos
Eddie Harris
 Chaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, gosh

Quote:
You are such a fucking dick, you can't judge a war by the amount of casualties you create. What a fucking dickish thing to say, for you and the president.
1. Saying that trying to know how much ability the enemy has to conduct operations and how much you are harming that ability is not a good way to judge a war is stupid.
2. That is what you just said.
3. What you said is stupid.

Quote:
They are doing their fucking jobs over there regardless of how many people they are killing. Additionally, a road side bomb or suicide bombing is most likely going to kill more fucking americans than the americans will kill insurgents.
I don't get your point. Are you saying that killing the enemy is not the most important thing in a war? Even in counter-insurgency it doesn't matter how great a relationship you have with the locals if you don't kill the insurgents.

Quote:
Asking for body counts as evidence whether or not the soldiers are fighting is fucking ridiculous, and so are you.
No you're fucking ridiculous, as usual. He was asking if we were giving the enemy losses or if we were just sitting there getting hit without hitting back effectively. That is something you need to know in a war, even though you're too much of a jackass to know it.

This thread is stupid. It really should be closed. There's no chance of it creating any kind of productive discussion. All it is is Santrega throwing a temper tantrum about Furher McChimplerBushiburton.

Chaos has 28,439 Posts

BOUT MY CHEVY IMPALA

pm.gif   

Old 09-10-2008

No country specified. To select a country, go to User CP -> Edit Profile -> Country Pizza
Pizza
 Pizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whore

Quote:
This thread is stupid. It really should be closed. There's no chance of it creating any kind of productive discussion. All it is is Santrega throwing a temper tantrum about Furher McChimplerBushiburton.
I don't know about that...there are a lot of interesting things to talk about in Woodward's book, some of which are in the article I linked to- and if you browse around the Post they have a lot of well-organized coverage on the information presented in the book. Maybe you haven't realized what a big deal this is because Drudge hasn't reported on it yet.

This is some of the latest and best information we have to glance at the inside private workings of our President, which - having met the guy and also studied him fairly well - diverge pretty significantly from the public perception.

----------------
Now jamming to: Kayne West - Homecoming (DiscoTech Remix)

Pizza has 12,834 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 09-10-2008

United States Chaos
Eddie Harris

Woodward is a partisan hack and he has been since the moment he became a journalist. There are plenty of books about the wars that aren't written by partisan hacks (on both sides), I have read and will keep reading those.

I'm sorry I don't understand your snide comment about Drudge, would you care to explain? Or maybe you'll care to explain why Woodward's book is a big deal, since it isn't. It's just another "inside" book about the Bush Administration. There have been about 3 dozen (serious books) of them. Woodward's haven't been particularly more informative than the rest despite his boasts to having exclusive access to an unmatched degree.

Last edited by Chaos; 09-10-2008 at 02:27 PM.
Chaos has 28,439 Posts

BOUT MY CHEVY IMPALA

pm.gif   

Old 09-10-2008

Pizza

Quote:
Woodward is a partisan hack and he has been since the moment he became a journalist. There are plenty of books about the wars that aren't written by partisan hacks (on both sides), I have read and will keep reading those.

I'm sorry I don't understand your snide comment about Drudge, would you care to explain? Or maybe you'll care to explain why Woodward's book is a big deal, since it isn't. It's just another "inside" book about the Bush Administration. There have been about 3 dozen (serious books) of them. Woodward's haven't been particularly more informative than the rest despite his boasts to having exclusive access to an unmatched degree.
Woodward is a journalist with the Washington Post. He is the one who uncovered Watergate. His books on the inner workings of the White House and the current administration have been endorsed by both Democratic campaigns and the Bush campaign itself. Woodward has spent more time interviewing the President than any other journalist. He is a Pulitzer Prize winner and his investigative journalism has been highly praised by the editorial staffs at papers as liberal as the NYT and as conservative as the WSJ.

You might think he is biased, and I will assure you that he is, but his reporting has a lot more credibility than anything you can say- and he certainly does not warrant being dismissed with the wave of a hand as a "partisan hack."

Also, I think you have a little understanding of my Drudge comment, considering you judged that is was "snide."

----------------
Now jamming to: Kayne West - Homecoming (DiscoTech Remix)

Pizza has 12,834 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 09-10-2008

United States Philosoraptor
Logos. Alatheia. Theos.
 Philosoraptor is clearly better than youPhilosoraptor is clearly better than youPhilosoraptor is clearly better than youPhilosoraptor is clearly better than youPhilosoraptor is clearly better than youPhilosoraptor is clearly better than youPhilosoraptor is clearly better than youPhilosoraptor is clearly better than youPhilosoraptor is clearly better than youPhilosoraptor is clearly better than youPhilosoraptor is clearly better than you

call me stupid, but you can't protect people in a war without putting holes - a lot of holes - in the bad guys. The more al-Qaedas our guys get, the happier we are.

Philosoraptor has 2,954 Posts

Faces along the bar
Cling to their average day
The lights must never go out
The music must always play
Lest we should see where we are
Lost in a haunted wood
Children afraid of the night
Who have never been happy or good

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Philosoraptor  

Old 09-10-2008

BlizzForums Neo
Boo!
 Neo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulz

This thread should've been closed right away. Chaos why didn't you just report the damn thing? Did you really need to egg Santrega on like that? What the hell.

Neo has 10,110 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Neo Send a message via MSN to Neo Send a message via Yahoo to Neo 
Closed Thread