Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > General Forums > Serious Discussion

Serious Discussion Intelligent Debate and Discussion of Important Life Topics.

Old 09-25-2008

United States Golgo 13
ಠ_ಠ
 Golgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too much

Why did he use a rib when he could just use the same method he used to make Adam?

Women complain about painful childbirth, but imagine how bad Adam had it just to make Eve. He had a rib ripped from his torso.

A rib is pretty small to make an entire person out of. Not much to work with there.

Golgo 13 has 10,560 Posts

"The modern banking system manufactures money out of nothing. The process is perhaps the most astounding piece of sleight-of-hand that was ever invented. Banking was conceived in inequity and born in sin. But if you want to continue to be slaves of the bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, then let the bankers continue to create money and control credit."

- Josiah Charles, President of the Bank of England & 2nd richest man in Great Britain (1880-1941)

pm.gif   

Old 09-25-2008

United States Kaervek
i'm on your wifi.
 Kaervek is made of winKaervek is made of winKaervek is made of winKaervek is made of winKaervek is made of winKaervek is made of winKaervek is made of winKaervek is made of winKaervek is made of winKaervek is made of winKaervek is made of win

Something tells me nobody watched the YouTube link I provided earlier. Watch it, or just stop posting.

Kaervek has 768 Posts

404, savior not found.

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Kaervek Send a message via MSN to Kaervek  

Old 09-25-2008

Australia Emerald
Mean and Green
 Emerald has been here far, far too longEmerald has been here far, far too longEmerald has been here far, far too longEmerald has been here far, far too longEmerald has been here far, far too longEmerald has been here far, far too longEmerald has been here far, far too longEmerald has been here far, far too longEmerald has been here far, far too longEmerald has been here far, far too longEmerald has been here far, far too long

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reflection View Post
Multiple Gods make the exact same amount of sense as one God... If you can have one omnipotent being, why not two?
I agree. Multiple gods have made a lot more sense to more people for longer than any monotheistic belief.

pm.gif   

Old 09-26-2008

Netherlands Oerwoud
as in Jungle
 Oerwoud has a reputation beyond reputeOerwoud has a reputation beyond reputeOerwoud has a reputation beyond reputeOerwoud has a reputation beyond reputeOerwoud has a reputation beyond reputeOerwoud has a reputation beyond reputeOerwoud has a reputation beyond reputeOerwoud has a reputation beyond reputeOerwoud has a reputation beyond reputeOerwoud has a reputation beyond reputeOerwoud has a reputation beyond repute

Spareribs anyone?
Quote:
Golgo 13:
Why did he use a rib when he could just use the same method he used to make Adam?

Women complain about painful childbirth, but imagine how bad Adam had it just to make Eve. He had a rib ripped from his torso.

A rib is pretty small to make an entire person out of. Not much to work with there.
Read about Adams reaction? (flesh from my flesh, bone from my bone) Meaning he could identify himself with her. God didnt need the rib, just like he didnt need 7 days to make the everything, He just did it so Adam would see her as one of his kind I guess.

Youtube
I watched the start of Kearvaks youtube link and I recommend it to all. Its has a good atmosphere and also takes it fairly deep, but still understandable. Watch it I would say, at least the first part.

?
I dont understand this phrase:
Quote:
GenocideAlive:
Most women would have trouble relating under those circumstances.
Do women have trouble coping with the idea they are made from a mans rib in orignin? Or that they are to serve men?

Last edited by Oerwoud; 09-26-2008 at 06:42 AM.
Oerwoud has 29 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 09-26-2008

United States Ireallyloveoov
BF Member
 Ireallyloveoov has a reputation beyond reputeIreallyloveoov has a reputation beyond reputeIreallyloveoov has a reputation beyond reputeIreallyloveoov has a reputation beyond reputeIreallyloveoov has a reputation beyond reputeIreallyloveoov has a reputation beyond reputeIreallyloveoov has a reputation beyond reputeIreallyloveoov has a reputation beyond reputeIreallyloveoov has a reputation beyond reputeIreallyloveoov has a reputation beyond reputeIreallyloveoov has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
One, you wouldnt be converted, even the entire world explained it to ya.
Please don't act like you knew me, you cant know if I would become a monk if you'd just explain it!

Quote:
Two, you're not the only heathen around here, so its not my one chance.
But it's your one time chance on me

Quote:
Three, salvation is your responsibility (I am always happy to help, Jesus made it possible, you only got to hang on to it).
This is really interesting idea. How do priests fit into the picture?

Anyways it seems to me you do not have an answer. You have no reason at all to think that your randomly picked god would be more likely than the gods I can generate in my head.

Quote:
Try reading it instead of hearing a view things here and there. I know you wont, cause I havent bothered reading other books (and havent even read every word in the bible yet).
So short version, saves you time: Old testament is about God and His love for Isreal. They misbehave, in that way hurt God, and He gets angry (that happens when you care about someone). The other part of the Old testament is about mecry and grace of God. Every time He gives the possibility for a second chance. Its to show you that God gets angry if you do not respect His holyness (explained earlier) and that God gets hurt if you disregard His love. New testament is about the ultimate second chance, Jesus. So actually the New testament is even more of the old testament. God doesn't react tolerant, because He cares (so much He gave is only son). So He is quite the same.
He gets angry and punishes people because they disregard his love? Imagine if someone would act like this in real live? There is a girl I like but who disregards my love, lets go on to imagine that I happen to be dictator of the world. Now if I would punish that girl for not caring about me, what would you think about me? And the idea of a god who gets angry at people who don't care about him is really terrible in my opinion. I acted about half that immature when I was 8. Hate is not a sign of caring, never.

And I also have a problem with this "he gave his only son" trash. God in omnipotent meaning he can do whatever he pleases. If he would want to he could forgive all the sins he wants. However for some reason he decides to send his only son to be nailed on a cross, like that had something to do with forgiving the sins? Really what kind of a thing are you putting your hopes on?

Last edited by Ireallyloveoov; 09-26-2008 at 07:59 AM.

pm.gif   

Old 09-26-2008

Netherlands Oerwoud
as in Jungle
 Oerwoud has a reputation beyond reputeOerwoud has a reputation beyond reputeOerwoud has a reputation beyond reputeOerwoud has a reputation beyond reputeOerwoud has a reputation beyond reputeOerwoud has a reputation beyond reputeOerwoud has a reputation beyond reputeOerwoud has a reputation beyond reputeOerwoud has a reputation beyond reputeOerwoud has a reputation beyond reputeOerwoud has a reputation beyond repute

This is entirely devoted to the previous post from Ireallyloveoov, so I wont quote with name.

Quote:
Please don't act like you knew me.
I dont know you, but you havent proven me wrong. Are you different?

Priests
Quote:
This is really interesting idea. How do priests fit into the picture?
I dont know, priests devote their life to God and lead people to God. Doenst mean people dont have their own responsibility.

The reason why my religion is the one
Quote:
Anyways it seems to me you do not have an answer. You have no reason at all to think that your randomly picked god would be more likely than the gods I can generate in my head.
The ones from your head are concepts, because you made them up (you just said so). That may make them real as a thought, but that is still different from a god discussed here, since they are not claimed to be made up (christianity could be made up, but its not so random as you suggest).

Watch the link from Kearvak 9th movie out of the eleven 5:50.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1Hhz...eature=related
My explanation is already given somewhere. It follows a similar line, from all the religions, this one makes all sense. I see why other religion could be true because they share some elements. But some elements from other religions I cant cope with, therefor I dont see that one as the real one (coping in a rational or faith matter, not emotional).
This is all my humble opinion of course

Angry God
Quote:
He gets angry and punishes people because they disregard his love? Imagine if someone would act like this in real live? There is a girl I like but who disregards my love, lets go on to imagine that I happen to be dictator of the world. Now if I would punish that girl for not caring about me, what would you think about me? And the idea of a god who gets angry at people who don't care about him is really terrible in my opinion. I acted about half that immature when I was 8. Hate is not a sign of caring, never.
Anger is not the same as hate. Just because you experience that emotion when you were 8, doesnt make it a silly emotion. To overreact in fury which you will regret later can be childish. Perhaps its better explained that God gets mad/very upset about things...that doesnt happen if someone doesnt care.

I looked up my post to which you respond, I think you mean this one
Quote:
Oerwoud:
Its to show you that God gets angry if you do not respect His holyness (explained earlier) and that God gets hurt if you disregard His love.
See that the anger goes with no respect and the hurt goes with disregarding His love? Love is a choice, and a choice should be free, therefor God doesnt punish you for not loving Him (though I am not sure, I will ask Him). He does punish for bad behaviour or wrong attitude towards Him. He is God, therefor some things are in place. Its the same as you bowing before a king or talking polite to elderly. You get punished by your mom for not doing so. With God its a lot more consequential, as God is king and elderly, but also holy.

Btw: this is subjecting God to our own ethics, which should be quite the opposite as God is the determant of ethics.

Gods limit is God
Quote:
And I also have a problem with this "he gave his only son" trash. God in omnipotent meaning he can do whatever he pleases. If he would want to he could forgive all the sins he wants. However for some reason he decides to send his only son to be nailed on a cross, like that had something to do with forgiving the sins? Really what kind of a thing are you putting your hopes on?
Some still have principles.
God=justice=cannot allow evil/sin=>punishment.
Since He still wanted to have you around (forgiveness), but simply cannot forget about justice, He punished His son instead.

Oerwoud has 29 Posts

pm.gif