Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > General Forums > Serious Discussion

Serious Discussion Intelligent Debate and Discussion of Important Life Topics.

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2008

United States Philosoraptor
Logos. Alatheia. Theos.
 Philosoraptor is clearly better than youPhilosoraptor is clearly better than youPhilosoraptor is clearly better than youPhilosoraptor is clearly better than youPhilosoraptor is clearly better than youPhilosoraptor is clearly better than youPhilosoraptor is clearly better than youPhilosoraptor is clearly better than youPhilosoraptor is clearly better than youPhilosoraptor is clearly better than youPhilosoraptor is clearly better than you

I have no idea who Alex Jones is.

I think the idea of an NAU is very bad. If we wish for tighter inter-national relations, let's open borders and trade. No political marriages, please.

Philosoraptor has 2,954 Posts

Faces along the bar
Cling to their average day
The lights must never go out
The music must always play
Lest we should see where we are
Lost in a haunted wood
Children afraid of the night
Who have never been happy or good

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Philosoraptor  

Old 09-08-2008

Orkney Islands H0teLVi0LeT
Immune to Bans
 H0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosoraptor View Post
I have no idea who Alex Jones is.

I think the idea of an NAU is very bad. If we wish for tighter inter-national relations, let's open borders and trade. No political marriages, please.

Opening borders will not provide us with any benefit in the long run if we get suitcase nukes or bioweapons going off in major American cities every few weeks or so.

H0teLVi0LeT has 1,539 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 09-08-2008

United States Golgo 13
ಠ_ಠ
 Golgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by H0teLVi0LeT View Post
Opening borders will not provide us with any benefit in the long run if we get suitcase nukes or bioweapons going off in major American cities every few weeks or so.
Closed borders aren't stopping that or illegal immigration/drug running either.

Golgo 13 has 10,560 Posts

"The modern banking system manufactures money out of nothing. The process is perhaps the most astounding piece of sleight-of-hand that was ever invented. Banking was conceived in inequity and born in sin. But if you want to continue to be slaves of the bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, then let the bankers continue to create money and control credit."

- Josiah Charles, President of the Bank of England & 2nd richest man in Great Britain (1880-1941)

pm.gif   

Old 09-08-2008

United States rendamr
BF Member
 rendamr has become enlightenedrendamr has become enlightenedrendamr has become enlightenedrendamr has become enlightenedrendamr has become enlightenedrendamr has become enlightenedrendamr has become enlightenedrendamr has become enlightenedrendamr has become enlightenedrendamr has become enlightenedrendamr has become enlightened

But it would make it a lot worse assuming that they allow mexican nationals to enter the US without checking all of their items with more than a cursory glance.

And mexico has more problems than we do. Look at their corruption in their law enforcement.

If by opening borders you mean allowing an undetermined number of people to enter the country, and stay I would have to disagree completely. Throwing more people into a system with finite resources is generally a bad idea.

pm.gif   

Old 09-08-2008

Immune to Bans
 H0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too muchH0teLVi0LeT might just love this place a little bit too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golgo 13 View Post
Closed borders aren't stopping that or illegal immigration/drug running either.
I'm not exactly sure the term "closed borders" would be an accurate description of our failed border security now.

And if you are right, that gives all the more reason for an aggressive foreign policy to thwart such plans, since militarizing our borders won't make much of a difference.

So the notion that some members here hold that we ought to not "meddle in other nations affairs" and can remain safe by putting troops at our borders is one of pure fantasy.

pm.gif   

Old 09-08-2008

United States Golgo 13
ಠ_ಠ
 Golgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by H0teLVi0LeT View Post
So the notion that some members here hold that we ought to not "meddle in other nations affairs" and can remain safe by putting troops at our borders is one of pure fantasy.
The obvious caveat there is to the extent that they don't meddle in ours. It's the "I'm okay, you're okay" good-neighbor policy.

That breaks down when you have foreign druglords shooting at border patrol. Since the neighboring nation cannot handle their own criminal element and it's spilling over to our side, it becomes a threat to our security and we're justified in taking appropriate remedial measures.

"The modern banking system manufactures money out of nothing. The process is perhaps the most astounding piece of sleight-of-hand that was ever invented. Banking was conceived in inequity and born in sin. But if you want to continue to be slaves of the bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, then let the bankers continue to create money and control credit."

- Josiah Charles, President of the Bank of England & 2nd richest man in Great Britain (1880-1941)

pm.gif   

Old 09-10-2008

United States The Hawaiian
Ua mau ke ea o ka ʻāina i
 The Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too much

Or we could legalize drugs and end the druglords reign.

The Hawaiian has 8,445 Posts

"The Khala awaits me, and though I fear not death, you will not find me easy prey."

pm.gif   

Old 09-10-2008

United States Golgo 13
ಠ_ಠ

That too, but it'll never happen.

pm.gif   

Old 09-13-2008

Sweden Paxel
My Love
 Paxel is a name known to allPaxel is a name known to allPaxel is a name known to allPaxel is a name known to allPaxel is a name known to allPaxel is a name known to allPaxel is a name known to allPaxel is a name known to allPaxel is a name known to allPaxel is a name known to allPaxel is a name known to all

The EU falls on, as said, the bureaucracy. The fact that most European countries doesn't pull in the same direction and the fact that wealthier countries have to pay for the not so wealthy, no small sum of money are we talking about. I for one don't want, no offense to anyone, my tax money to go to some poor Eastern European.

Unions are no good.

Paxel has 595 Posts

Roses are #FF0000, Violets are #0000FF. All my base Are belong to you

pm.gif   

Old 09-15-2008

The Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too much

I'd rather they go to a poor Eastern European than to a superwealthy corporation like Fannie Mae.

"The Khala awaits me, and though I fear not death, you will not find me easy prey."

pm.gif   

Old 09-15-2008

Immune to Bans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Rumsfeld View Post
I'd rather they go to a poor Eastern European than to a superwealthy corporation like Fannie Mae.
I'd rather spend it on war.

pm.gif   

Old 09-15-2008

Thats because you're an idiot.

pm.gif   

Old 09-15-2008

Immune to Bans

Quote:
Thats because you're an idiot.
Says the guy who'll worry about the Russians when the Russians start collecting his tax dollars.

Says the guy who allegedly dropped out of college and enlisted because of monetary problems, and wishes to take the easy way out for a chance of leading a decent life:

Quote:
Im not joining the army because I glorify war. It's more of a financial situation really. They have a program where u go in for 2 years you get 36k AC (for college) and LP (loan repayment) or 18K+56k (AC/LP). I took out a lot of money when I went to college even though my parents paid my way through I just had all this cash spending money that I blew. So I'm doing the math here and going into the army seems to be the easiest way to save money/clear my loans/get some discipline/training.
Says the guy who claims to be a patriot and was calling other people pussies yet talked about desertion months before enlisting.

Last edited by H0teLVi0LeT; 09-15-2008 at 08:47 PM.

pm.gif   

Old 09-15-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by hv
Says the guy who'll worry about the Russians when the Russians start collecting his tax dollars.
You haven't given us any other reason to worry about them. Ghosts, UFO's, and monsters don't scare me either, but I'm sure you would be able to convince thousands of people about the "threat" posed by these entities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hv

Says the guy who allegedly dropped out of college and enlisted because of monetary problems, and wishes to take the easy way out for a chance of leading a decent life:
The army is the easy way out? I'll be sure to let my battle buddies know how you feel about them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hv
Says the guy who claims to be a patriot and was calling other people pussies yet talked about desertion months before enlisting.
Hey I did the damn thing, thats more than armchair warriors like yourself can claim.

edit: oh by the way hv I didn't realize you were such a fan of mine do you hang on to all of my posts?

pm.gif   

Old 09-15-2008

Immune to Bans

Quote:
The army is the easy way out? I'll be sure to let my battle buddies know how you feel about them.
Poorly worded on my part, I admit, but enlisting as a last resort? For money? Truelly a fucking disgrace.

Quote:
Hey I did the damn thing, thats more than armchair warriors like yourself can claim.
If I can recall correctly, when your contract is over, you're going to be working for the TSA or some shit. Because you don't like "doing anything", right?

Quote:
edit: oh by the way hv I didn't realize you were such a fan of mine do you hang on to all of my posts?
It's called the search function. I generally remember most of the things that you've said since 2006, placing a few keywords in the search query is all it takes.

pm.gif   
Closed Thread