Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > Warcraft Discussion & Strategy

Warcraft Discussion & Strategy Research and Discuss to Win.

Old 07-14-2006

United States Macca
 Macca is an unknown quantity at this point
Default War 3 on Bnet

I just reciently upgraded to a broadband internet connection and for now my dl limit is kinda low, so does any one know how many MB u would use say for a 1h 1v1 game, so i dont use my dl's fast.

Macca has 4 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 07-14-2006

Canada Bred
Ich Bin Brot
 Bred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulz

not much at all. probably less then 100 kb.

Just don't play DotA and you'll be fine.

Bred has 8,696 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 07-14-2006

United States Proceri
Rabble Rabble Rabble!!
 Proceri is a splendid one to beholdProceri is a splendid one to beholdProceri is a splendid one to beholdProceri is a splendid one to beholdProceri is a splendid one to beholdProceri is a splendid one to behold

Blizzards net codes are top of the line. The only real hit you'd have when playing online would be downloading maps. You should be able to play in-game with no worries. Surfing the internet would probably be worse.

Proceri has 557 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 07-14-2006

United States tOmA
Revenge. Corruption. Evil
 tOmA has much to be proud oftOmA has much to be proud oftOmA has much to be proud oftOmA has much to be proud oftOmA has much to be proud oftOmA has much to be proud oftOmA has much to be proud oftOmA has much to be proud oftOmA has much to be proud oftOmA has much to be proud of

i don't understand. you can only download so much information per month? or what? wtf kind of racket is that?

get normal internet.

tOmA has 1,929 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 07-14-2006

Canada Bred
Ich Bin Brot
 Bred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulz

Um, if you have broadband you automatically have a download limit.

Check you're shit, I can GARUNTEE you, unless of course you're on a campus network, that it's the same for you.

Bred has 8,696 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 07-15-2006

United States Kassad
Serenity Now
 Kassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightened

That's the weirdest way I've ever seen someone spell "guarantee".

Wait, a limit to how much you can download? Damn that must suck.

Kassad has 5,080 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Kassad  

Old 07-15-2006

Sweden NaAani
Nice bug
 NaAani was born to leadNaAani was born to leadNaAani was born to leadNaAani was born to leadNaAani was born to leadNaAani was born to leadNaAani was born to lead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bred
Um, if you have broadband you automatically have a download limit.

Check you're shit, I can GARUNTEE you, unless of course you're on a campus network, that it's the same for you.
Never saw a connection with a limit on how much you can upload or download, only the download/upload speed is limited. Thats the normal thing at least.

NaAani has 4,098 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to NaAani Send a message via MSN to NaAani  

Old 07-15-2006

Finland maniyarr
wisperoni
 maniyarr doesn't suck

And on campus networks, it's usually only an upload limit.

I've seen "garuntee" used for comedy value before. Well, it's pronounced the same (isn't it?)

maniyarr has 25 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to maniyarr  

Old 07-15-2006

Canada Bred
Ich Bin Brot

Bouf.

I have a I think a 30gb download limit a month, if I go over that I get charged I think it's like 1.50/gb.

It's not that bad though, my download is usually at 2-3mb/sec and I'm only paying 30$ a month. Worth it imo...

Bred has 8,696 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 07-15-2006

Sweden NaAani
Nice bug
 NaAani was born to leadNaAani was born to leadNaAani was born to leadNaAani was born to leadNaAani was born to leadNaAani was born to leadNaAani was born to lead

I don't have any limitations like that and I don't know anyone else who does. Neather do I know any ISPs that offer connections like that.

NaAani has 4,098 Posts

Old 07-15-2006

United States tOmA
Revenge. Corruption. Evil
 tOmA has much to be proud oftOmA has much to be proud oftOmA has much to be proud oftOmA has much to be proud oftOmA has much to be proud oftOmA has much to be proud oftOmA has much to be proud oftOmA has much to be proud oftOmA has much to be proud oftOmA has much to be proud of

yeah im pretty sure i dont have limitations like that

tOmA has 1,929 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 07-16-2006

United States SuperKiller
Cute Small Killer
 SuperKiller has ascended to greatnessSuperKiller has ascended to greatnessSuperKiller has ascended to greatnessSuperKiller has ascended to greatnessSuperKiller has ascended to greatnessSuperKiller has ascended to greatnessSuperKiller has ascended to greatnessSuperKiller has ascended to greatnessSuperKiller has ascended to greatnessSuperKiller has ascended to greatnessSuperKiller has ascended to greatness

they've been doing that kind of thing for years... but i never had one... its usually lower priced though, so unless you download things way too much, its not a big deal.

SuperKiller has 3,803 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to SuperKiller Send a message via MSN to SuperKiller  

Old 07-17-2006

No country specified. To select a country, go to User CP -> Edit Profile -> Country fiddle
 fiddle has a spectacular aura aboutfiddle has a spectacular aura about

alot of ISP's these days have no technical "limit" but will throttle you badly if you use P2P clients (mainly bittorrent). just google "throttle, bittorrent"

fiddle has 26 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 07-17-2006

Sweden NaAani
Nice bug

Maybe if you live in dumbland

NaAani has 4,098 Posts

Old 07-17-2006

Germany Kenji
September is Reichs month
 Kenji is made of winKenji is made of winKenji is made of winKenji is made of winKenji is made of winKenji is made of winKenji is made of winKenji is made of winKenji is made of winKenji is made of winKenji is made of win

There are loads of volume-priced models at least in central Europe that I've seen. I don't use them because I'll gladly pay 15$ extra a month so I can stop keeping track of my numerous illegal downloads.

I would formally complain at my ISP if they throttle my connection on certain ports. I would never stay even one more month at a shithole ISP that throttles my speed. What the hell is that on about? You're buying a connection of certain bandwidth, who would ever let themselves be ripped off with serverside throttling?

On the other hand I keep paying 15€ for the only available internet and it tends to give me 2 minutes of ping. Hooray!

Kenji has 10,655 Posts

Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to greater danger. It works the same in any country.- Hermann Goering (1893 - 1946)

pm.gif Send a message via ICQ to Kenji Send a message via AIM to Kenji