Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > Warcraft Discussion & Strategy

Warcraft Discussion & Strategy Research and Discuss to Win.

Old 09-29-2006

United States Tim-and-Carl
 Tim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than you
Default Is it worth going back to WoW?

I quit WoW around May 6th. I quit because almost all of my grades were C's, D's, and F's. Also I came to realize I had an insane addiction.

Reasons to thinking I was addicted:

1 - I decided to give up the computer for Lent. I've always gotten through the 40 days in the past without any problem. This year I quit Lent 13 days early because the desire to play WoW was too overwhelming.

2 - I do cross country and track and was in great running shape. Last track season, I was recovering from pneumonia and still had a sub-6:00 mile. Running was the only thing that kept me in shape, it was a big social activity for me, too. I quit track season 2 weeks before districts, just because I wanted 2 more hours every day of pvp time. I did not run again for another 2 months, about a couple weeks after I quit WoW.

3 - During my worst times, on school nights, I would stay up till 2:00 each night playing WoW. Some might think it's okay to pull all-nighters if it's for your guild and you're really stoked to kill a new boss, but my guild's raids ended at 12:00. I would stay up every night for another 2 hours just to farm essences of air, even if it was a school night. I wouldn't do any of my homework, I'd just stay up and farm essences at 2:00 in the morning every night.

And you think I might be able to get back my sleep on weekends. No, one weekend I only got about 8 hours of sleep total, even after staying up till 2:00 at night every day that week. That's because I was so determined to stay in the marshal group that I refused to go to sleep until their team had to disband. That was a rough week.

I quit WoW and told my parents it was the reason I was failing all my classes. They punished me by not letting me have the computer for the first quarter of school. I got all A's and B's this time around, so now I can prolly go back to WoW if I want to.

It's been 5 months, I still have strong urges to play WoW <_<. I don't really want to wreck my academic future, or lose my physical shape, or any of that again, but dang, I want to go do instances and gank horde with all my friends again! But is it worth getting sucked in again and having to pay $15 a month and pay for the expansion? I was thinking one of my friends could set some kind of childlock or something so I could only play between 5:00 PM and 11:30 PM every day, so that I don't have an incentive to quit track because practice is too long and I won't have a reason to stay up till 2:00 every night.

Tim-and-Carl has 1,830 Posts

"He walked into the shreds of flame. But they did not bite into his flesh, they caressed and engulfed him without heat or combustion. With relief, with humiliation, with terror, he understood that he too was a mere appearance, dreamt by another." - Borges

"Above all else, to thine own self be true." - Shakespeare

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Tim-and-Carl  

Old 09-29-2006

United States Kassad
Serenity Now
 Kassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightened
Default Re: Is it worth going back to WoW?

Wow. Just, damn.

Listen man, World of Warcraft is an amzing game. I've met a lot of new people and it's really a lot of fun. But for Christ's sake, there's even a Tip that says "When exploring Azeroth, make sure to explore your own World too." and "Outside in Azeroth doesn't compare to outside in the real World". Play World of Warcraft, because it's a great hobby. Don't let it control you. When you get home, do what I do.

Get home at 3.
Play games/relax until 4.
Do some homework.
Misc, such as going out to eat or hanging out with my friends.
Study, finish any other homework.
This will be done rangng from 6-8, leaving a good amount of time to play.

That leaves you time, not to mention days off and weekends. Don't let this control your life. Enjoy other things. I'm not saying don't enjoy Wow, but enjoy other things in the World too.

Kassad has 5,080 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Kassad  

Old 09-29-2006

United States RogueRed2
BF Member
 RogueRed2 is made of winRogueRed2 is made of winRogueRed2 is made of winRogueRed2 is made of winRogueRed2 is made of winRogueRed2 is made of winRogueRed2 is made of winRogueRed2 is made of winRogueRed2 is made of winRogueRed2 is made of winRogueRed2 is made of win

I quit WoW too man...use your friends. The reason I got out of it was because my friends kept telling me not to get addicted, and I like that kind of peer pressure.

But then again, this is college, and most of my time is spent studying or socializing...WoW destroyed both for me, but for like, a week, till I got out of it.

Yeah man. Don't be that pathetic person who just plays video games for his high.

Worst 60 bucks I ever spent.

I ended up playing WoW for like 2 weeks.

And I still have till november to get my money's worth back in gaming.

But know what? fuck that.

Last edited by RogueRed2; 09-29-2006 at 11:33 PM.
RogueRed2 has 1,417 Posts

...........................................||___
|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^|||__..____
|......HOMO...TRUCK.......|||..........__|
|_..._...______.........._____|||___|]__|
"'(0)'(0)'''''''''''''''(0)(0)****-------(0)

pm.gif   

Old 09-30-2006

United States Alexander
Pew Pew
 Alexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwns

Yeah, in your case it sounds like a bad idea to play WoW. Some people have the ability to take it in moderation... others don't. :S

Alexander has 1,497 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Alexander  

Old 09-30-2006

No country specified. To select a country, go to User CP -> Edit Profile -> Country fiddle
 fiddle has a spectacular aura aboutfiddle has a spectacular aura about

don't do it man. im not saying its not possible to control it, but dont take the risk...

fiddle has 26 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 09-30-2006

United States Kassad
Serenity Now
 Kassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightened

You people act like World of Warcraft is a highly fatal drug. Don't do it man! Don't risk it! I quit man, you should too!

Kassad has 5,080 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Kassad  

Old 09-30-2006

Canada Graeme
AKA Radlin
 Graeme reigns supremeGraeme reigns supremeGraeme reigns supremeGraeme reigns supremeGraeme reigns supremeGraeme reigns supremeGraeme reigns supremeGraeme reigns supremeGraeme reigns supremeGraeme reigns supremeGraeme reigns supreme

Eh, it ruined my summer. I mean, it was fun playing it, but unless you have a close group of friends in-game that you know you can play with casually, it's generally not worth it.

Graeme has 3,172 Posts

- Radlin, The Pineapple, Graeme, etc.

pm.gif   

Old 09-30-2006

United States Typhun
Mr. 69 (and counting)
 Typhun must really think internet = serious business...Typhun must really think internet = serious business...Typhun must really think internet = serious business...Typhun must really think internet = serious business...Typhun must really think internet = serious business...Typhun must really think internet = serious business...Typhun must really think internet = serious business...Typhun must really think internet = serious business...Typhun must really think internet = serious business...Typhun must really think internet = serious business...Typhun must really think internet = serious business...

Play it if you want, but don't let it control you. I've recently discovered how hard it is to limit myself, but I am trying. I don't stay up until all hours of the night playing it anymore, and I just recently joined a new guild that fits a good raiding schedule in. I am not up until 2am raiding now, I am done at 11:30pm. Still late, but its not like I go out on school nights, ya know?

Typhun has 6,314 Posts

The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'No. - Rorschach

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Typhun Send a message via MSN to Typhun  

Old 10-17-2006

Netherlands LXM
Artist
 LXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too much

Lol. You guys are pathetic and really have no self-discipline AT ALL

I'm a hardcore WoW player, but Hardcore WoW is (for me) easy to compare with school/friends. I'm in school till aprox 3-4, then I hang out with friends till raiding time, wich is a good time because most ppl gotta eat and do homework then. Myself, I don't do homework because I'm a genious who gets good grades w/o doing anything at all for it. So I raid from 7 till 12 wich is a lot more fun than hanging in the couch watching some shitty ass tv program. Fridays + Saturdays I work all morning/afternoon and go out all night after I'm done with work. Then I still have sundays to fill in with either WoW or something else.

It's not that hard, really.

But yeah, if you're giving up one of your great hobbies so you can PvP 2 hours more then yes, you are addicted to the core. Staying up after raids is kind of a sign aswell
From what I read you're a hardcore PvP'er. In the current system, if you want rank 14 you need have no life at all, and preferably no job aswell.

I raid 4 days a week (mon/tue/wed/thur) and sometimes on sundays and I have no problems whatsoever =)

LXM has 10,243 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to LXM  

Old 10-17-2006

United States RogueRed2
BF Member
 RogueRed2 is made of winRogueRed2 is made of winRogueRed2 is made of winRogueRed2 is made of winRogueRed2 is made of winRogueRed2 is made of winRogueRed2 is made of winRogueRed2 is made of winRogueRed2 is made of winRogueRed2 is made of winRogueRed2 is made of win

Wait till you get to college >:|

it's like homework up the wazoo

RogueRed2 has 1,417 Posts

...........................................||___
|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^|||__..____
|......HOMO...TRUCK.......|||..........__|
|_..._...______.........._____|||___|]__|
"'(0)'(0)'''''''''''''''(0)(0)****-------(0)

pm.gif   

Old 10-23-2006

United States Tim-and-Carl
 Tim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than youTim-and-Carl is clearly better than you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassad View Post
You people act like World of Warcraft is a highly fatal drug. Don't do it man! Don't risk it! I quit man, you should too!
When I was lying in your bed unable to sleep even though I was dead tired with only 4 hours of sleep behind me and having been up for 20, and the only thing I could think about while lying in my bed was WoW and how fast my heart rate was going and how irregular my pulse was beating, and then went into a 2-minute fit of depression where all I could think about was how I would lose all my friends and never get into college if I kept playing, but at the same time thinking how badly I wanted to spend every night up till 3:00 in the morning leveling up all the different classes to 60 and farming fucking ESSENCES for hours on end till my eyeballs popped, that is when I thought hmm, maybe something is just a bit off in my life. Just a bit.

By the way, that happened to me last week when I came back to WoW for a week after being off of it for 5 months, and after that fit of depression I decided my life was way better, healthier, and nicer without WoW, and immediately deleted everything on my account, spammed the fuck out of IF for 25 minutes, got banned, and uninstalled everything off my computer. Then I took a nice, relaxing nap. WoW free, sucker!

Tim-and-Carl has 1,830 Posts

"He walked into the shreds of flame. But they did not bite into his flesh, they caressed and engulfed him without heat or combustion. With relief, with humiliation, with terror, he understood that he too was a mere appearance, dreamt by another." - Borges

"Above all else, to thine own self be true." - Shakespeare

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Tim-and-Carl  

Old 10-26-2006

United States ChauSara
OmgLazergunPewPewPew
 ChauSara has much to be proud ofChauSara has much to be proud ofChauSara has much to be proud ofChauSara has much to be proud ofChauSara has much to be proud ofChauSara has much to be proud ofChauSara has much to be proud ofChauSara has much to be proud ofChauSara has much to be proud of

Pff, lucky. I got Cs, Bs, and As while playing WoW a while back, and I'm banned from using the computer during school weekdays for life. Nerf.

But anyways, I don't think you can come back to WoW now.

ChauSara has 2,245 Posts

Nothing to see here.

pm.gif   

Old 11-04-2006

Malaysia Saffron
a love affair with bacon
 Saffron has ascended to greatnessSaffron has ascended to greatnessSaffron has ascended to greatnessSaffron has ascended to greatnessSaffron has ascended to greatnessSaffron has ascended to greatnessSaffron has ascended to greatnessSaffron has ascended to greatnessSaffron has ascended to greatnessSaffron has ascended to greatnessSaffron has ascended to greatness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LXM View Post
Lol. You guys are pathetic and really have no self-discipline AT ALL

I'm a hardcore WoW player, but Hardcore WoW is (for me) easy to compare with school/friends. I'm in school till aprox 3-4, then I hang out with friends till raiding time, wich is a good time because most ppl gotta eat and do homework then. Myself, I don't do homework because I'm a genious who gets good grades w/o doing anything at all for it. So I raid from 7 till 12 wich is a lot more fun than hanging in the couch watching some shitty ass tv program. Fridays + Saturdays I work all morning/afternoon and go out all night after I'm done with work. Then I still have sundays to fill in with either WoW or something else.

It's not that hard, really.

But yeah, if you're giving up one of your great hobbies so you can PvP 2 hours more then yes, you are addicted to the core. Staying up after raids is kind of a sign aswell
From what I read you're a hardcore PvP'er. In the current system, if you want rank 14 you need have no life at all, and preferably no job aswell.

I raid 4 days a week (mon/tue/wed/thur) and sometimes on sundays and I have no problems whatsoever =)
It's not raiding that's the problem, it's the farming that's the most time-consuming. Unless you buy gold, you're going to have to spend a certain amount of time farming consumables and repair fees.

I used to be addicted, but I quit when I realised I had more drama in my WoW life than my real life. That's just ridiculous.

Saffron has 663 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Saffron Send a message via MSN to Saffron  

Old 11-04-2006

United States DesignCore
BF Member
 DesignCore has much to be proud ofDesignCore has much to be proud ofDesignCore has much to be proud ofDesignCore has much to be proud ofDesignCore has much to be proud ofDesignCore has much to be proud ofDesignCore has much to be proud ofDesignCore has much to be proud ofDesignCore has much to be proud ofDesignCore has much to be proud of

I dunno man im done with my game and gonna sell my acct as i dont want it anymore.

DesignCore has 160 Posts

pm.gif