Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > Diablo Discussion

Diablo Discussion Enter the Uncertain Realm Dominated by an Epic Conflict.

Old 08-31-2008

United States Rashmillion
BF Member
 Rashmillion has become enlightenedRashmillion has become enlightenedRashmillion has become enlightenedRashmillion has become enlightenedRashmillion has become enlightenedRashmillion has become enlightenedRashmillion has become enlightenedRashmillion has become enlightenedRashmillion has become enlightenedRashmillion has become enlightenedRashmillion has become enlightened
Default Anyone going to create all Female Characters?

Because I know I am. Blizzard believes in gender equality or something so the differences between Male and Female characters are only asthetic in both WoW and Diablo III. Male are not "stronger" then Female, and Female are not "more intelligent" than Male as the stereotype holds (which if it were true would mean the Males can only be Barbarians and the Females can only be mages).

I for one would love to create an army of five females, each one a different class, such as Female Barbarian, Female Witch Doctor, etc. Just for fun.

Last edited by Rashmillion; 08-31-2008 at 04:35 PM.

pm.gif   

Old 08-31-2008

BlizzForums Lackey
Forum Lackey
 Lackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whoreLackey is obviously a rep whore

Wow, that's disturbing.

Lackey has 12,743 Posts

I'm a dude, playing a dude, disguised as another dude.

pm.gif   

Old 08-31-2008

Antarctica Doombringer64v3.0
Legend
 Doombringer64v3.0 could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Doombringer64v3.0 could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Doombringer64v3.0 could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Doombringer64v3.0 could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Doombringer64v3.0 could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Doombringer64v3.0 could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Doombringer64v3.0 could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Doombringer64v3.0 could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Doombringer64v3.0 could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Doombringer64v3.0 could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Doombringer64v3.0 could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!

As long as Blizzard doesn't shoehorn feminism in like they did with World of Warcraft I really don't care.

Doombringer64v3.0 has 11,412 Posts

Killer Idea
Doombringer64 hates his wife.

pm.gif   

Old 08-31-2008

BlizzForums Neo
Boo!
 Neo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulz

wow armor for d3!!!

i never got the thing with being a male playing female characters.

sometimes it makes sense vaguely, like an amazon, or a preistess type character, but a female barbarian? that just seems odd to me.

Neo has 10,110 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Neo Send a message via MSN to Neo Send a message via Yahoo to Neo 

Old 08-31-2008

Canada DemolitionSquid
TestosterOWNAGE
 DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...

I might make a female character to jack off to, but not to play as. I don't want to be hit on in game by desperate losers who remind me too much of myself.

Unless it nets me free gear.

DemolitionSquid has 7,740 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to DemolitionSquid  

Old 08-31-2008

Chile Demon
Subhuman Spacewaster
 Demon did it for teh lulzDemon did it for teh lulzDemon did it for teh lulzDemon did it for teh lulzDemon did it for teh lulzDemon did it for teh lulzDemon did it for teh lulzDemon did it for teh lulzDemon did it for teh lulzDemon did it for teh lulzDemon did it for teh lulz

If there were necros then I would make a female necro but my witch doctor is going to be a dude but I'll make female chars with the old classes, if they really put some of them in the game, like a female pally or druid or something..

Demon has 2,386 Posts

NARGLES!!

Sanity is for the weak!

pm.gif   

Old 09-01-2008

Egypt KnightWolf
A Nomad Soul
 KnightWolf has been here far, far too longKnightWolf has been here far, far too longKnightWolf has been here far, far too longKnightWolf has been here far, far too longKnightWolf has been here far, far too longKnightWolf has been here far, far too longKnightWolf has been here far, far too longKnightWolf has been here far, far too longKnightWolf has been here far, far too longKnightWolf has been here far, far too longKnightWolf has been here far, far too long

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemolitionSquid View Post
I don't want to be hit on in game by desperate losers who remind me too much of myself.

Unless it nets me free gear.
Lols, actually you have a point, usually in MMORPG or in online games that has gender choices it is preferable to play a character that matches your gender since this character is your avatar infront of other people.

But in off-line Solo or singleplayer that is not the case at all, in Tomb Raider everyone controls a female character, in Uncharted everyone controls a male character, it is no big deal really in that case.

So while all my online ( Bnet ) characters are probably gonna be males i will also choose the male barbarian in single player cause i want to see his story ( probably will be the first thing to do when i get the game), and will choose the female witch doctor in SP cause i think she looks more interesting and mystique than her male counter part.

KnightWolf has 769 Posts

STOP ISRAELI MASSACRES OF CIVILIANS
http://www.elfarra.org/gallery/gaza.htm

pm.gif   

Old 09-01-2008

Israel Eligor
BF Member
 Eligor has become enlightenedEligor has become enlightenedEligor has become enlightenedEligor has become enlightenedEligor has become enlightenedEligor has become enlightenedEligor has become enlightenedEligor has become enlightenedEligor has become enlightenedEligor has become enlightenedEligor has become enlightened

I think that Blizz already confirmed that every character in D3 will have both a male and a female version.

Eligor has 414 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 09-01-2008

Canada DemolitionSquid
TestosterOWNAGE
 DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eligor View Post
I think that Blizz already confirmed that every character in D3 will have both a male and a female version.
Dude, that is so not what we're talking about here. Read the thread title and OP again. Geez.

DemolitionSquid has 7,740 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to DemolitionSquid  

Old 09-01-2008

United States The Weird One
 The Weird One is made of winThe Weird One is made of winThe Weird One is made of winThe Weird One is made of winThe Weird One is made of winThe Weird One is made of winThe Weird One is made of winThe Weird One is made of winThe Weird One is made of winThe Weird One is made of winThe Weird One is made of win

I'll make all female then kill myself after I realize why this was a huge mistake.

The Weird One has 2,269 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 09-02-2008

Israel Eligor
BF Member
 Eligor has become enlightenedEligor has become enlightenedEligor has become enlightenedEligor has become enlightenedEligor has become enlightenedEligor has become enlightenedEligor has become enlightenedEligor has become enlightenedEligor has become enlightenedEligor has become enlightenedEligor has become enlightened

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemolitionSquid View Post
Dude, that is so not what we're talking about here. Read the thread title and OP again. Geez.
Which only goes to prove that writing replies in deep states of sleep deprivation is not a good idea. My bad.

Speaking of female characters, I hope for at least one that'll break the mold of "ultra sexy vixen in a steel bikini" (vain hope, I know).

The female barbarian doesn't look bad however, could easily belong in a Frazetta painting.

Eligor has 414 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 09-02-2008

United States cassius987
BF Member
 cassius987 is a god among mere mortalscassius987 is a god among mere mortalscassius987 is a god among mere mortalscassius987 is a god among mere mortalscassius987 is a god among mere mortalscassius987 is a god among mere mortalscassius987 is a god among mere mortalscassius987 is a god among mere mortalscassius987 is a god among mere mortalscassius987 is a god among mere mortalscassius987 is a god among mere mortals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doombringer64 View Post
As long as Blizzard doesn't shoehorn feminism in like they did with World of Warcraft I really don't care.
??

I never played WoW, but I always thought the female characters in W3 were ridiculously stereotypical examples of post-liberal feminist (a.k.a. not-really-feminist) media females. I guess I can exempt Sylvanas though. She was cool in the expansion regardless of her gender.

cassius987 has 80 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 09-02-2008

BlizzForums Neo
Boo!
 Neo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulz

Well WoW females had this armor issue. Something that looked like full-body-plated-protecting everything on a male suddenly turned into Madonna-sized chest plates and half-leggings and stuff.

Otherwise the females weren't really that bad design wise.

Neo has 10,110 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Neo Send a message via MSN to Neo Send a message via Yahoo to Neo 

Old 09-03-2008

Australia blue.rellik
is a double-bagger
 blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
Well WoW females had this armor issue. Something that looked like full-body-plated-protecting everything on a male suddenly turned into Madonna-sized chest plates and half-leggings and stuff.

Otherwise the females weren't really that bad design wise.
It's like that in Guild Wars (and basically most games that support both genders) as well

link 1
link 2
link 3
link 4

Me personally, I can't see myself making all females. My main characters will always be male, though if there's something similar to a amazon then that will probably female simply because amazons were my second favourite D2 class

blue.rellik has 10,518 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to blue.rellik  

Old 09-03-2008

No country specified. To select a country, go to User CP -> Edit Profile -> Country Magmaniac
Chaos Incarnate
 Magmaniac has been here far, far too longMagmaniac has been here far, far too longMagmaniac has been here far, far too longMagmaniac has been here far, far too longMagmaniac has been here far, far too longMagmaniac has been here far, far too longMagmaniac has been here far, far too longMagmaniac has been here far, far too longMagmaniac has been here far, far too longMagmaniac has been here far, far too longMagmaniac has been here far, far too long

I might make some female characters and pretend to be a girl and hit on guys in public games to try to get them to rush me for free, give me free stuff, etc.
IDK.
Generally, I'll probably flip a coin when I make a character for M/F.

Magmaniac has 220 Posts

Insatiable as the flame, I glow and consume myself.

Come stare into the abyss with me.

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Magmaniac