Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > Diablo Discussion

Diablo Discussion Enter the Uncertain Realm Dominated by an Epic Conflict.

Old 08-20-2008

United States mr. peasant
 mr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to allmr. peasant is a name known to all
Default Where Have All The Heroes Gone?

Wow, 24 hours with no new posts. This forum really seems dead. That's why I'm starting this new thread; to see if I can drum up conversation out of nothing but pure speculation. As I'm sure you're all aware of, the male Barbarian in Diablo 3 is actually the original Barbarian from Diablo 2 twenty years older. Now, I don't have an exact quote but I remember Blizzard mentioning that they might be bringing back some of the characters we played in the previous games. So, I figured it'd be sort of fun to speculate on how certain characters might make their return.

I'll start the ball rolling:

Diablo 2 Characters:

Amazon - Matriarch of her tribe (the only population who still believe the tales of Diablo)

Necromancer - Hermit/Mercenary captain and resurrecter (provides skeletal warriors)

Paladin - Quest giver struggling to restore the Zakarum and purge its corruption

Sorceress - no idea

Assassin - no idea

Druid - Gone insane and feral, roaming the forest as a Werewolf (boss character)

Diablo 1 Characters:

Rogue - no idea

Sorcerer - Current mage character (whatever it may be)

Warrior - Resurrected as a major NPC

Bard - Aged musician in a tavern, singing tales of Diablo

Monk - no idea

pm.gif   

Old 08-20-2008

Canada DemolitionSquid
TestosterOWNAGE
 DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...

I sense a soul in search of answers...

Personally, I could deal with the other classes coming back as NPC's, but I really really want new playable classes.

DemolitionSquid has 7,740 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to DemolitionSquid  

Old 08-20-2008

United States ricefarmer
BF Member
 ricefarmer has farty pantsricefarmer has farty pantsricefarmer has farty pantsricefarmer has farty pantsricefarmer has farty pantsricefarmer has farty pantsricefarmer has farty pantsricefarmer has farty pantsricefarmer has farty pantsricefarmer has farty pantsricefarmer has farty pants

like i said this forum is dead

pm.gif   

Old 08-20-2008

Egypt KnightWolf
A Nomad Soul
 KnightWolf has been here far, far too longKnightWolf has been here far, far too longKnightWolf has been here far, far too longKnightWolf has been here far, far too longKnightWolf has been here far, far too longKnightWolf has been here far, far too longKnightWolf has been here far, far too longKnightWolf has been here far, far too longKnightWolf has been here far, far too longKnightWolf has been here far, far too longKnightWolf has been here far, far too long

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. peasant View Post
Diablo 1 Characters:

Rogue - no idea

Warrior - Resurrected as a major NPC
Huh !!!?

The Rouge was corrupted byAnderial and became Blood Raven in Diablo 2 and she was killed in the 2nd quest, as for the Warrior, he is Diablo himself in D2, you surely know that, they are not coming back in anyway, there is a ton of other character that can reappear other than those two since they have been used enough already.

As for the forum being dead, that's due to lack of updates, just wait until Blizzcon and it will be brimming with activity XD

KnightWolf has 769 Posts

STOP ISRAELI MASSACRES OF CIVILIANS
http://www.elfarra.org/gallery/gaza.htm

pm.gif   

Old 08-20-2008

Canada Veltras
Thought in chaos
 Veltras has a reputation beyond reputeVeltras has a reputation beyond reputeVeltras has a reputation beyond reputeVeltras has a reputation beyond reputeVeltras has a reputation beyond reputeVeltras has a reputation beyond reputeVeltras has a reputation beyond reputeVeltras has a reputation beyond reputeVeltras has a reputation beyond reputeVeltras has a reputation beyond reputeVeltras has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. peasant View Post
Sorcerer - Current mage character (whatever it may be)
I heard that the Sorcerer from D1 became the Summoner in D2, I think there's some NPC who tells you he was a Visjerei coming back from Tristram and who went down in the palace to find the Arcane Sanctuary.

Veltras has 198 Posts

Busy killing integrals and their ilk or trying to measure the decay of psions in their rest frame...

pm.gif   

Old 08-20-2008

United States Roland
the Praetor
 Roland is dominating!Roland is dominating!Roland is dominating!Roland is dominating!Roland is dominating!Roland is dominating!Roland is dominating!Roland is dominating!Roland is dominating!Roland is dominating!Roland is dominating!

I'm pretty sure that the summoner waas the sorcerer, who wass not Horazon, the summoner was an imposter.

The bard and monk arn't canon.

We know where the Barb is, the other classes I'm fairly certain either went insane from all the horrors of hell and stuff, or died. You are considered very old if you make 40 in Sanctuary, so the characters who didn't go insane probably died peacefully once all the demons left. I look forward to fight a necromancer boss though, if he went insane/corrupted.

Roland has 64 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 08-21-2008

United States organizedcrime
So Real
 organizedcrime has a brilliant futureorganizedcrime has a brilliant futureorganizedcrime has a brilliant futureorganizedcrime has a brilliant futureorganizedcrime has a brilliant futureorganizedcrime has a brilliant futureorganizedcrime has a brilliant futureorganizedcrime has a brilliant futureorganizedcrime has a brilliant futureorganizedcrime has a brilliant futureorganizedcrime has a brilliant future

So, to recap everyone's corrections...

Rogue
- Blood Raven (deceased)

Sorcerer - The Summoner (deceased)

Warrior - The Wanderer (deceased)

organizedcrime has 209 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to organizedcrime  

Old 08-21-2008

Peru Bluesang
BF Member
 Bluesang has much to be proud ofBluesang has much to be proud ofBluesang has much to be proud ofBluesang has much to be proud ofBluesang has much to be proud ofBluesang has much to be proud ofBluesang has much to be proud ofBluesang has much to be proud of

I like this Idea.

One cool move could be that in a cementery you find a tomb of a previous character with an inscription that hints as to wich character and townsfolk commenting about them in their final days.

I also like the Idea of a feral druid as a boss character. But I think it would be better if it was a side quest.
It could go like this:
A town on the edge of a forest (maybe the town mentioned in the Gnarled Walkers page on the D3 website) has found their livestock mutilated ala chupacabras and ask you to investigate and deal with whoever is causing it. You begin asking around town and find out that a troubled-looking druid used to live there (apearing right after the "Diablo incident") until one day she ventured into the forest never to return.
Following this trail you venture deep into the forest and find scatered notes that used to be part of the druid´s diary. The notes tell about how she was starting to lose her mind to her feral side (this being caused by the horrors she lived through) and how she ran away from the town to protect them from herself.
You end up finding a huge werewolf (once you have collected ALL the notes, that is) in a clearing deep into the forest and once you kill it it reverts back into the druid that expires with a "thank you" or some clichee line like that.

Hows that for a quest?

Also, the more side quests the better, no matter how long or small. More variety is always more fun when it comes to quests.

pm.gif   

Old 08-27-2008

Chile Demon
Subhuman Spacewaster
 Demon did it for teh lulzDemon did it for teh lulzDemon did it for teh lulzDemon did it for teh lulzDemon did it for teh lulzDemon did it for teh lulzDemon did it for teh lulzDemon did it for teh lulzDemon did it for teh lulzDemon did it for teh lulzDemon did it for teh lulz

I would love to see a bonus quest where you have to purge a mental house from demons and then meet some of D2 classes gone insane...

Demon has 2,386 Posts

NARGLES!!

Sanity is for the weak!

pm.gif   

Old 08-28-2008

Canada CerebusMondago
Sweet, sweet betrayal...
 CerebusMondago is a god among mere mortalsCerebusMondago is a god among mere mortalsCerebusMondago is a god among mere mortalsCerebusMondago is a god among mere mortalsCerebusMondago is a god among mere mortalsCerebusMondago is a god among mere mortalsCerebusMondago is a god among mere mortalsCerebusMondago is a god among mere mortalsCerebusMondago is a god among mere mortalsCerebusMondago is a god among mere mortalsCerebusMondago is a god among mere mortals

Wow, I had no idea about Blood Raven being the Rogue or The Summoner being the Sorcerer. @.@

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb. Prepare yourself, Mortal, to serve my Master for eternity."
"You speak of justice? Of cowardice? I'll show you the justice of the grave, and the true meaning of fear."
"I will rule this sector or see it burned to ashes around me!"

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to CerebusMondago  

Old 08-28-2008

Antarctica Doombringer64v3.0
Legend
 Doombringer64v3.0 could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Doombringer64v3.0 could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Doombringer64v3.0 could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Doombringer64v3.0 could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Doombringer64v3.0 could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Doombringer64v3.0 could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Doombringer64v3.0 could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Doombringer64v3.0 could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Doombringer64v3.0 could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Doombringer64v3.0 could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!Doombringer64v3.0 could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland View Post
I look forward to fight a necromancer boss though, if he went insane/corrupted.
Actually I think it would be far more amusing if the necromancer turned out to be the only character that made it out relatively unscathed. Ooooo even better idea the necromancer gives out quests that have you hunting down his former comrades. Ha, what a great little kick in the nuts.

Doombringer64v3.0 has 11,412 Posts

Killer Idea
Doombringer64 hates his wife.

pm.gif   

Old 08-28-2008

Hungary BrickTop
BF Member
 BrickTop is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doombringer64 View Post
Ooooo even better idea the necromancer gives out quests that have you hunting down his former comrades. Ha, what a great little kick in the nuts.
That would make sense, because the necromancer was so gimped in D2 that he couldn't do any PK/PvP, so he has to hire you to do the job for him

pm.gif   

Old 08-28-2008

BlizzForums Neo
Boo!
 Neo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulz

Dude necros were crazy PvP wise after 1.10.

Though it would make sense he'd survive without going crazy.

Neo has 10,110 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Neo Send a message via MSN to Neo Send a message via Yahoo to Neo 

Old 08-29-2008

Australia Jimberson
Not you
 Jimberson was born to leadJimberson was born to leadJimberson was born to leadJimberson was born to leadJimberson was born to leadJimberson was born to leadJimberson was born to lead

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerebusMondago View Post
Wow, I had no idea about Blood Raven being the Rogue or The Summoner being the Sorcerer. @.@
Yeah, before people start getting confused, I think that this should be cleared up.

The rogue and sorceror playable characters from Diablo did not exist (in the canonical sense). Blood Raven and The Summoner were based on these characters, but in terms of storyline, the only one of the three classes that appeared was the warrior. Read Cain's Journal if you don't believe me.

Blood Raven was one of the rogues who fought against Diablo, and based on what Kasha said, I'm assuming that she was fighting against Diablo's minions when he attacked Tristram (again, I'm assuming this was after the Wanderer left).

The Summoner is just some sorceror, and is probably not Horazon. You could make up any backstory for him. Maybe he was one of the "would be" heroes who went into the Tristram Cathedral, and somehow he found a way into the Arcane Sanctuary. Maybe he was Horazon, or he killed Horazon. Or someone else killed Horazon and this guy took over.

Jimberson has 151 Posts

© no one in particular, 1957

pm.gif   

Old 08-30-2008

Canada CerebusMondago
Sweet, sweet betrayal...
 CerebusMondago is a god among mere mortalsCerebusMondago is a god among mere mortalsCerebusMondago is a god among mere mortalsCerebusMondago is a god among mere mortalsCerebusMondago is a god among mere mortalsCerebusMondago is a god among mere mortalsCerebusMondago is a god among mere mortalsCerebusMondago is a god among mere mortalsCerebusMondago is a god among mere mortalsCerebusMondago is a god among mere mortalsCerebusMondago is a god among mere mortals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimberson View Post
The Summoner is just some sorceror, and is probably not Horazon. You could make up any backstory for him. Maybe he was one of the "would be" heroes who went into the Tristram Cathedral, and somehow he found a way into the Arcane Sanctuary. Maybe he was Horazon, or he killed Horazon. Or someone else killed Horazon and this guy took over.
Well, are the Diablo books canon? Because if they are there is an entire book all about Horazon and Bartuc. What was it called again?

*Edit: Ah, Legacy of Blood.*

Last edited by CerebusMondago; 08-30-2008 at 05:25 PM.

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb. Prepare yourself, Mortal, to serve my Master for eternity."
"You speak of justice? Of cowardice? I'll show you the justice of the grave, and the true meaning of fear."
"I will rule this sector or see it burned to ashes around me!"

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to CerebusMondago