Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > Diablo Discussion

Diablo Discussion Enter the Uncertain Realm Dominated by an Epic Conflict.

Old 08-15-2008

United States ricefarmer
BF Member
 ricefarmer has farty pantsricefarmer has farty pantsricefarmer has farty pantsricefarmer has farty pantsricefarmer has farty pantsricefarmer has farty pantsricefarmer has farty pantsricefarmer has farty pantsricefarmer has farty pantsricefarmer has farty pantsricefarmer has farty pants
Default Social Towns ala Guild Wars

does anybody know if this game will have chat rooms or actual towns to be social in like in guild wars....

i think this would be a great addition to the game. instead of the 90's style chat rooms....

pm.gif   

Old 08-16-2008

United States ricefarmer
BF Member
 ricefarmer has farty pantsricefarmer has farty pantsricefarmer has farty pantsricefarmer has farty pantsricefarmer has farty pantsricefarmer has farty pantsricefarmer has farty pantsricefarmer has farty pantsricefarmer has farty pantsricefarmer has farty pantsricefarmer has farty pants

seriously this forum hasn't moved an inch, this shit is dead im leaving

pm.gif   

Old 08-16-2008

United States Adovid
 Adovid simply pwnsAdovid simply pwnsAdovid simply pwnsAdovid simply pwnsAdovid simply pwnsAdovid simply pwnsAdovid simply pwnsAdovid simply pwnsAdovid simply pwnsAdovid simply pwnsAdovid simply pwns

Lmao you make a post and wait 3 hours and then give up? Jeez this is a forum not a chat room dude.

Besides, what are we supposed to say. "Oh yeah, I was just talking to my buddy at Blizzard and he said it was totally going to be like that."

[edit: and at 11pm - 1 am in our part of the world. Sheesh, we don't sleep do we? At least I don't.]

Last edited by Adovid; 08-16-2008 at 01:57 AM.

"Any clod can have the facts, but having opinions is an art."--
Charles McCabe

pm.gif   

Old 08-16-2008

BlizzForums Neo
Boo!
 Neo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulz

It's already been confirmed that there will be, basically, massive updates to Battle.net and we'll see some really sweet additions in that regard.

-Neo

Neo has 10,110 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Neo Send a message via MSN to Neo Send a message via Yahoo to Neo 

Old 08-16-2008

United States ricefarmer
BF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
It's already been confirmed that there will be, basically, massive updates to Battle.net and we'll see some really sweet additions in that regard.

-Neo

yeah... but i dont know. a glorified chat room isn't that cool.........

itll probably be some kinda avatar base chat where u can see ur character and others. i guess thats kinda cool...

maybe something like that google avatar base chat or that imvu stuff...

i still think a town to congregate and trade would be better.........

pm.gif   

Old 08-16-2008

BlizzForums Neo
Boo!
 Neo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulz

Yes but Diablo isn't an MMO, so it's not really the same as WoW or Guildwars.

Besides sometimes if you just want to chat it's nicer to just join a channel and start chatting without needing to go load up the game just to sit and converse x.x

Actually it'd be pretty cool to see them implement out of game trading and such to.

-Neo

Neo has 10,110 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Neo Send a message via MSN to Neo Send a message via Yahoo to Neo 

Old 08-16-2008

United States ricefarmer
BF Member

yeah i guess its more effecient but.. i hope its not just usernames at least show us their character

pm.gif   

Old 08-16-2008

United States TheRabidDeer
Voting independent
 TheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of win

Technically D2 shows us the character in the chatrooms already, unless you are looking for something quite different from that effect.

Take the power from the parties and vote independent in 2008.

pm.gif   

Old 08-16-2008

United States Adovid
 Adovid simply pwnsAdovid simply pwnsAdovid simply pwnsAdovid simply pwnsAdovid simply pwnsAdovid simply pwnsAdovid simply pwnsAdovid simply pwnsAdovid simply pwnsAdovid simply pwnsAdovid simply pwns

I guess you wouldn't know unless you played guildwars. There are no lobbies, all chatting is done in town instances.

"Any clod can have the facts, but having opinions is an art."--
Charles McCabe

pm.gif   

Old 08-17-2008

United States TheRabidDeer
Voting independent
 TheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of win

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adovid View Post
I guess you wouldn't know unless you played guildwars. There are no lobbies, all chatting is done in town instances.
I fully understand, but what he is asking for would not really be bnet, and I dont think it would be cost efficient to try and have an active area such as that holding the hundreds of thousands of people. It would consume a lot of bandwidth and require full datacenters of servers to be able to handle it.

Take the power from the parties and vote independent in 2008.

pm.gif   

Old 08-17-2008

Egypt KnightWolf
A Nomad Soul
 KnightWolf has been here far, far too longKnightWolf has been here far, far too longKnightWolf has been here far, far too longKnightWolf has been here far, far too longKnightWolf has been here far, far too longKnightWolf has been here far, far too longKnightWolf has been here far, far too longKnightWolf has been here far, far too longKnightWolf has been here far, far too longKnightWolf has been here far, far too longKnightWolf has been here far, far too long

I guess introduction of trade town areas could be a nice idea, so the chatting channel stays the same ( with your current character avatar appearing under your name ) but there will also be special types of games were you can setup a town for trading, there will be some differences between this and setuping an actual game.

-The players number cap will be much higher than in normal games, if the normal games get a max or 8 players as a cap this one will get around 20 or 25 players at the same time.

-There will be no world outside the town ( simply by closing the town gates ) and of course no combat or use of abilities just like in the towns of the normal games.

-The player to player trading will involve both players opening a trading window and on both sides they but their items for the other player to examine them or one player puts his item and the other deposits his money in the window, and the deal will not be complete unless both sides confirm - using a confirmation key - that they got what they wanted, if one side tries to cheat the deal is canceled automatically.

-Aside from the usual player to player trading people with lots of items to sell can setup a temp shop or stand to sell a certain group of items with predetermined prices they set themselves, as for the buyers, the trading process will be like buying from an NPC.

So the main differences are the increased player cap and the ability to setup player-shops since those towns will not have NPCs who sell items like the normal game towns.

And you can expect in a single game with 20 or 25 players that there will be lots of chatting and socializing during the trade process.

KnightWolf has 769 Posts

STOP ISRAELI MASSACRES OF CIVILIANS
http://www.elfarra.org/gallery/gaza.htm

pm.gif   

Old 08-17-2008

BlizzForums Neo
Boo!

Actually I would far prefer the ability to trade directly from the battle.net interface, rather then have to join trade games.

-Neo

Neo has 10,110 Posts

Old 08-19-2008

United States Hymn
Green is the new Black.
 Hymn has ascended to greatnessHymn has ascended to greatnessHymn has ascended to greatnessHymn has ascended to greatnessHymn has ascended to greatnessHymn has ascended to greatnessHymn has ascended to greatnessHymn has ascended to greatnessHymn has ascended to greatnessHymn has ascended to greatnessHymn has ascended to greatness

Trading would be done in town too, along with partying and other things. I dunno, it should be cool if thats how they are doing it, but it won't be super 'diabloesque' per say.

Hymn has 6,931 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to Hymn  

Old 08-20-2008

United States ricefarmer
BF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightWolf View Post
I guess introduction of trade town areas could be a nice idea, so the chatting channel stays the same ( with your current character avatar appearing under your name ) but there will also be special types of games were you can setup a town for trading, there will be some differences between this and setuping an actual game.

-The players number cap will be much higher than in normal games, if the normal games get a max or 8 players as a cap this one will get around 20 or 25 players at the same time.

-There will be no world outside the town ( simply by closing the town gates ) and of course no combat or use of abilities just like in the towns of the normal games.

-The player to player trading will involve both players opening a trading window and on both sides they but their items for the other player to examine them or one player puts his item and the other deposits his money in the window, and the deal will not be complete unless both sides confirm - using a confirmation key - that they got what they wanted, if one side tries to cheat the deal is canceled automatically.

-Aside from the usual player to player trading people with lots of items to sell can setup a temp shop or stand to sell a certain group of items with predetermined prices they set themselves, as for the buyers, the trading process will be like buying from an NPC.

So the main differences are the increased player cap and the ability to setup player-shops since those towns will not have NPCs who sell items like the normal game towns.

And you can expect in a single game with 20 or 25 players that there will be lots of chatting and socializing during the trade process.

exactly my point, if guildwars did it why the hell not diablo its blizzard after all.. and its just more content... who the hell would be againts that

the towns would look cool too

actually each channel u join would be a town. an instanced town

be cool if u can do all the non fighting stuff in there like mini games.

pm.gif