Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > Diablo Discussion

Diablo Discussion Enter the Uncertain Realm Dominated by an Epic Conflict.

Old 08-08-2008

United States Typhun
Mr. 69 (and counting)
 Typhun must really think internet = serious business...Typhun must really think internet = serious business...Typhun must really think internet = serious business...Typhun must really think internet = serious business...Typhun must really think internet = serious business...Typhun must really think internet = serious business...Typhun must really think internet = serious business...Typhun must really think internet = serious business...Typhun must really think internet = serious business...Typhun must really think internet = serious business...Typhun must really think internet = serious business...
Default D2 Classes like the NEcromancer "Could Return"

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/08/08/di...-could-return/

the article says it all. blizzard has apparently left room for the return of classes like the necromancer, even though we have a witch doctor now. seems pretty interesting to me. i wonder how they would differentiate the two classes though, since they seem to have crossed over or recreated some of the necromancer's skills for the doctor.

Typhun has 6,314 Posts

The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'No. - Rorschach

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Typhun Send a message via MSN to Typhun  

Old 08-08-2008

Canada DemolitionSquid
TestosterOWNAGE
 DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...

Screw that. I'd rather 5 unique classes then 10 who are similar. We don't need a Necro and a Witch Doctor who both uses curses and undead.

D3 should have:

Barbarian
Witch Doctor
(insert mage character, like Sorceress)
(insert range character, like Amazon)
(insert new, different class)

And the expansion should be two more new classes.

DemolitionSquid has 7,740 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to DemolitionSquid  

Old 08-08-2008

Canada Bred
Ich Bin Brot
 Bred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulz

Just give the witch doctor corpse explosion and i'll be happy.

3d + havoc physics + corpse explosion = GIGGGGGLE.

Bred has 8,696 Posts

i got atm machines for testicles..go me.. - Demon

pm.gif   

Old 08-08-2008

Peru Bluesang
BF Member
 Bluesang has much to be proud ofBluesang has much to be proud ofBluesang has much to be proud ofBluesang has much to be proud ofBluesang has much to be proud ofBluesang has much to be proud ofBluesang has much to be proud ofBluesang has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemolitionSquid View Post
Screw that. I'd rather 5 unique classes then 10 who are similar. We don't need a Necro and a Witch Doctor who both uses curses and undead.

D3 should have:

Barbarian
Witch Doctor
(insert mage character, like Sorceress)
(insert range character, like Amazon)
(insert new, different class)

And the expansion should be two more new classes.
Agreed. Too many games are using nostagia as a lazy way to appeal to the old fans. New is better (im saying this for SC2 as well).

pm.gif   

Old 08-08-2008

BlizzForums Neo
Boo!
 Neo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulz

Well he did say that they felt the Necromancer was "done" -- basically that he's finished, and they don't really want to recreate him because, really, what else is there to do with a necromancer? It's difficult to rework something that relied on minions and curses while still keeping it the same basic class.

I find it really cool though they've confirmed an expansion this early in the game.

-Neo

Neo has 10,110 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Neo Send a message via MSN to Neo Send a message via Yahoo to Neo 

Old 08-09-2008

Finland pixels
Fallout Shelter Cap. 6640
 pixels is clearly better than youpixels is clearly better than youpixels is clearly better than youpixels is clearly better than youpixels is clearly better than youpixels is clearly better than youpixels is clearly better than youpixels is clearly better than youpixels is clearly better than youpixels is clearly better than youpixels is clearly better than you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
I find it really cool though they've confirmed an expansion this early in the game.
Yeah. By having the company name "Blizzard".

pixels has 15,419 Posts

Abolition of the wage system.

Canon XSi \ Canon f/2.8 20mm \ Sigma f/2.8 105mm \ Canon f/4-5.6 55-250mm | pixels' photos | pixels' specs | pixels' art

pm.gif Send a message via ICQ to pixels Send a message via MSN to pixels  

Old 08-09-2008

United States KingKaramazov
BF Member
 KingKaramazov was born to leadKingKaramazov was born to leadKingKaramazov was born to leadKingKaramazov was born to leadKingKaramazov was born to leadKingKaramazov was born to leadKingKaramazov was born to lead

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixels View Post
Yeah. By having the company name "Blizzard".
Exactly. Was there ever any question that there'd be an expansion? Haha.

KingKaramazov has 270 Posts

Take heed and bear witness to the truths that lie herein, for they are the last legacy of the Horadrim....

pm.gif   

Old 08-09-2008

Chile Demon
Subhuman Spacewaster
 Demon did it for teh lulzDemon did it for teh lulzDemon did it for teh lulzDemon did it for teh lulzDemon did it for teh lulzDemon did it for teh lulzDemon did it for teh lulzDemon did it for teh lulzDemon did it for teh lulzDemon did it for teh lulzDemon did it for teh lulz

Kinda sucky since the two classes will bevery alike..Unless they give the necro some new stuff but they'll need some heavy creativity since, like the article said, the char is done..They could make the expansion get some old classes though..like the paladin..

Demon has 2,386 Posts

NARGLES!!

Sanity is for the weak!

pm.gif   

Old 08-10-2008

Canada DemolitionSquid
TestosterOWNAGE
 DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon View Post
Kinda sucky since the two classes will bevery alike..Unless they give the necro some new stuff but they'll need some heavy creativity since, like the article said, the char is done..They could make the expansion get some old classes though..like the paladin..
Bringing back the Paladin would be the same as bringing back the Necro. We're trying to make Diablo 3, not Diablo 2 with better graphics. I'm still not entirely comfortable with the Barbarian comming back, but I can understand why. Hopefully the last 3 classes to be revealed will be new. A new mage and new ranged are welcome. And if they do bring back old classes, they should be hybrids, like the Witch Doctor is a Necro/Druid hybrid. I suggested a Assassin/Paladin hybrid in this thread:
http://www.blizzforums.com/showthread.php?t=18593

New = good.
Different = good.
Some stuff can't change. Skills like Blizzard and Chain Lightning will remain, that can't be helped. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't try.

DemolitionSquid has 7,740 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to DemolitionSquid  

Old 08-11-2008

United States ManjiSanji
BF Member
 ManjiSanji is a god among mere mortalsManjiSanji is a god among mere mortalsManjiSanji is a god among mere mortalsManjiSanji is a god among mere mortalsManjiSanji is a god among mere mortalsManjiSanji is a god among mere mortalsManjiSanji is a god among mere mortalsManjiSanji is a god among mere mortalsManjiSanji is a god among mere mortalsManjiSanji is a god among mere mortalsManjiSanji is a god among mere mortals

I loved the Necromancer more than anything, but it has been replaced with something new, and that is for the best.

We've already got the Barbarian, and honestly, I would rather see a different, new class in it's place anyway.

pm.gif   

Old 08-11-2008

United States Chaos
Eddie Harris
 Chaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, gosh

At the same time though it would be pretty awesome to play a Necro in diablo 3 I'd pay 30 bucks for an expansion just with the classes from Diablo 2 added to the game. Hell stick them on their own servers if you want.

Chaos has 28,439 Posts

WELL THEY CALL ME MIKE D THE EVER LOVING MAN
IM LIKE SPOONIE GEE WELL IM THE METROPOLITICIAN
YOU SCREAM AND YOU HOLLER
BOUT MY CHEVY IMPALA
BUT THE SWEAT IS GETTIN WET AROUND THE RING AROUND YOUR COLLAR

pm.gif   

Old 08-11-2008

BlizzForums Neo
Boo!
 Neo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulz

Personally I'd rather see an Assassin/Amazon hybrid, combining ranged combat with traps.

I'd like to see the paladin make a complete return, personally. Though heavily modified and changed, like a paladin from a different holy sect -- or from a not so holy sect when they realized how easy it was that they were corrupted the first time.

Of course I'd really love to see the Druid make a triumphant return, with fully reworked, new, different skills, while still maintaining the coolness fo shapeshifting into a freaking werewolf or something.

In D3 can you imagine? Playing a druid, shift into a wereform shape, then start tearing enemies apart with your mouth?!

-Neo

Neo has 10,110 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Neo Send a message via MSN to Neo Send a message via Yahoo to Neo 

Old 08-11-2008

Netherlands Adron
Fel Boar
 Adron is unstoppable!Adron is unstoppable!Adron is unstoppable!Adron is unstoppable!Adron is unstoppable!Adron is unstoppable!Adron is unstoppable!Adron is unstoppable!Adron is unstoppable!Adron is unstoppable!Adron is unstoppable!

You're getting me all excited ^^

'Bout the classes: as long as theyre unique and have a probable connection to the lore, im fine with it. I thought this was very well done in D2 (even the LoD classes), and i can only hope for D3.

Adron has 116 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 08-12-2008

Israel Eligor
BF Member
 Eligor has become enlightenedEligor has become enlightenedEligor has become enlightenedEligor has become enlightenedEligor has become enlightenedEligor has become enlightenedEligor has become enlightenedEligor has become enlightenedEligor has become enlightenedEligor has become enlightenedEligor has become enlightened

They shouldn't bring back the paladin per se, but a knight/chivalric character is a must.

Eligor has 414 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 08-12-2008

United States Chaos
Eddie Harris
 Chaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, gosh

Quote:
Personally I'd rather see an Assassin/Amazon hybrid, combining ranged combat with traps.
WHY HALLO THAR

Chaos has 28,439 Posts

WELL THEY CALL ME MIKE D THE EVER LOVING MAN
IM LIKE SPOONIE GEE WELL IM THE METROPOLITICIAN
YOU SCREAM AND YOU HOLLER
BOUT MY CHEVY IMPALA
BUT THE SWEAT IS GETTIN WET AROUND THE RING AROUND YOUR COLLAR

pm.gif