Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > Diablo Discussion

Diablo Discussion Enter the Uncertain Realm Dominated by an Epic Conflict.

Old 08-08-2008

United States Chaos
Eddie Harris
 Chaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, gosh

Well I just started re-reading the Sin War trilogy, and apparently the Prime Evils at least are aware of Lilith's role in the creation of Sanctuary and the nephalem and know at least that she plans to do something with the nephalem, if not exactly what. So some of what I said earlier is wrong.

Chaos has 28,439 Posts

WELL THEY CALL ME MIKE D THE EVER LOVING MAN
IM LIKE SPOONIE GEE WELL IM THE METROPOLITICIAN
YOU SCREAM AND YOU HOLLER
BOUT MY CHEVY IMPALA
BUT THE SWEAT IS GETTIN WET AROUND THE RING AROUND YOUR COLLAR

pm.gif   

Old 08-08-2008

BlizzForums Neo
Boo!
 Neo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulz

Well I just don't want to see something as predictable as, for instance, Tyrael losing himself, becoming 'Evil' (for lack of a better term) then, near the end, 'remembers his true self' to make one final selfless sacrifice or something.

And I desperately need to get my hands on those books, dammit.

Personally I'm hoping they actually pull something completely out of left field. Something no one see's coming at all. Like a massive twist or something.

What bothers me though is that the mindset, apparently, of the hero's from D2 is that they saw the most horrible things and went through the most disgustingly mind-fucking experience of their lives which left then either husks of their former selves, minds completely shattered, or even worse.

To me it always seemed like as the "hero" you were above all that -- certainly following Diablo into hell attested to that. For you to "lose it" after finally defeating the trio seems somewhat odd.

Though I suppose that's what you get for not having any character development, heh.

I do think it's interesting that the Barbarian in D3 is apparently the same one from D2 (same experiences and everything). Which is kind of interesting, since he/she obviously looks older then the original.

I just hope that, ideally, we'll get a story chock full of lore, just crammed in. I always thought that was so funny. D2 had the simplest gameplay ever, but it's story was rather deep if you chose to follow it. I also hope we get to see (if there isn't a free-exploring map) old areas that the hero's of D2 helped to "cleanse" or whatever. Like the Sister's of the Sightless Eye moving back into the cathedral or something.

It would also be interesting to see them, at the least, mention Trang'Oul (Trag'Oul? Apparently either or, in one instance they say it's "Trang" no matter what, but then revert to Trag in the books IIRC) -- maybe see the necromancer's home, or a temple in his honor or something.

Bleh. I'm rambling, very tired, so I'm gonna go hit the sack before I start making even less sense then I already am.

-Neo

Neo has 10,110 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Neo Send a message via MSN to Neo Send a message via Yahoo to Neo 

Old 08-11-2008

Netherlands Adron
Fel Boar
 Adron is unstoppable!Adron is unstoppable!Adron is unstoppable!Adron is unstoppable!Adron is unstoppable!Adron is unstoppable!Adron is unstoppable!Adron is unstoppable!Adron is unstoppable!Adron is unstoppable!Adron is unstoppable!

Just dipping in the discussion, but neo, Trang'oul is the dragon on whos back sanctuary is situated;
You mean Rathma (necromancers, the Priests of Ratma) among the first of the nephalem (or even child of lilith and inarius, i forgot)

"One of the first gifts of Rathma, this skill allows the Necromancer to summon forth the Den'Trang, or Teeth of the Dragon Trang'Oul. The Necromancers believe that Trang'Oul is the beast on whose back the world lies. In the balance of all things, it is thought that Trang'Oul is the fulcrum point. He is the closest thing the cult of Rathma has to a deity and this spell is the manner in which he protects his chosen."
From poison and bone spells on Bnet

Continuing neo's hope for rathma, I hope we will see more of Lilith and the other arch angels. lets not foget the "heaven" is not the thing it is in our world, angels are not happy at all with sanctuary, and see it as an leverage for hell at least, abomination at worst.
I would not be suprised if heaven will try to nullify Sanctuary.

Adron has 116 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 08-17-2008

United States Roland
the Praetor
 Roland is dominating!Roland is dominating!Roland is dominating!Roland is dominating!Roland is dominating!Roland is dominating!Roland is dominating!Roland is dominating!Roland is dominating!Roland is dominating!Roland is dominating!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adron View Post
Just dipping in the discussion, but neo, Trang'oul is the dragon on whos back sanctuary is situated;
You mean Rathma (necromancers, the Priests of Ratma) among the first of the nephalem (or even child of lilith and inarius, i forgot)

"One of the first gifts of Rathma, this skill allows the Necromancer to summon forth the Den'Trang, or Teeth of the Dragon Trang'Oul. The Necromancers believe that Trang'Oul is the beast on whose back the world lies. In the balance of all things, it is thought that Trang'Oul is the fulcrum point. He is the closest thing the cult of Rathma has to a deity and this spell is the manner in which he protects his chosen."
From poison and bone spells on Bnet

Continuing neo's hope for rathma, I hope we will see more of Lilith and the other arch angels. lets not foget the "heaven" is not the thing it is in our world, angels are not happy at all with sanctuary, and see it as an leverage for hell at least, abomination at worst.
I would not be suprised if heaven will try to nullify Sanctuary.
Agreed. Trang'Oul though is too big of a deal to make an appearance though. It's be like if all of a sudden they decided to make Jesus and Lucifer fight over Sanctuary or something, which would ruin the game.

Roland has 64 Posts

pm.gif