Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > StarCraft Discussion

StarCraft Discussion StarCraft & Brood War lie herein.

Old 02-13-2009

United States TychusFindlayII
BF Member
 TychusFindlayII is dominating!TychusFindlayII is dominating!TychusFindlayII is dominating!TychusFindlayII is dominating!TychusFindlayII is dominating!TychusFindlayII is dominating!TychusFindlayII is dominating!TychusFindlayII is dominating!TychusFindlayII is dominating!TychusFindlayII is dominating!TychusFindlayII is dominating!
Default Re: Activision, you worry me

How does the actions of a company we already know is greedy have to do with Blizzard? It's like saying EA's corruption made Maxis as greedy as them.

TychusFindlayII has 262 Posts

Blizzard Entertainment is not responsible for any pain or suffering resulting from personal needs for specific products, applications, or information regarding said products in which Blizzard owns rights, equities or personal interest in. Blizzard Entertainment reserves the right to withhold any information it deems not necessary or too awesome to release at this time regardless of any individual's proclaiming any threats towards their personal safety or the safety of any others.

pm.gif   

Old 02-13-2009

United States Blazur
Your thoughts betray you
 Blazur has ascended to greatnessBlazur has ascended to greatnessBlazur has ascended to greatnessBlazur has ascended to greatnessBlazur has ascended to greatnessBlazur has ascended to greatnessBlazur has ascended to greatnessBlazur has ascended to greatnessBlazur has ascended to greatnessBlazur has ascended to greatnessBlazur has ascended to greatness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TychusFindlayII View Post
How does the actions of a company we already know is greedy have to do with Blizzard? It's like saying EA's corruption made Maxis as greedy as them.
See, the thing is I believe that statement. Prior to The Sims Maxis was an innovator. Now they come out with a game and milk it to death for maximum profit. How many expansions did they come out with for that game? And now they disgust me with the way they're handling Spore.

Whether its true or not I blame EA for this business model they've adopted.

Blazur has 396 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 02-14-2009

United States TychusFindlayII
BF Member
 TychusFindlayII is dominating!TychusFindlayII is dominating!TychusFindlayII is dominating!TychusFindlayII is dominating!TychusFindlayII is dominating!TychusFindlayII is dominating!TychusFindlayII is dominating!TychusFindlayII is dominating!TychusFindlayII is dominating!TychusFindlayII is dominating!TychusFindlayII is dominating!

I don't blame EA. I blame Maxis. But, that's beside the point. Blizzard is not Maxis and this really has nothing to do with them.

TychusFindlayII has 262 Posts

Blizzard Entertainment is not responsible for any pain or suffering resulting from personal needs for specific products, applications, or information regarding said products in which Blizzard owns rights, equities or personal interest in. Blizzard Entertainment reserves the right to withhold any information it deems not necessary or too awesome to release at this time regardless of any individual's proclaiming any threats towards their personal safety or the safety of any others.

pm.gif   

Old 02-14-2009

United States Crazy_Jonny
I'm Game...
 Crazy_Jonny is a name known to allCrazy_Jonny is a name known to allCrazy_Jonny is a name known to allCrazy_Jonny is a name known to allCrazy_Jonny is a name known to allCrazy_Jonny is a name known to allCrazy_Jonny is a name known to allCrazy_Jonny is a name known to allCrazy_Jonny is a name known to allCrazy_Jonny is a name known to allCrazy_Jonny is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazur View Post
See, the thing is I believe that statement. Prior to The Sims Maxis was an innovator. Now they come out with a game and milk it to death for maximum profit. How many expansions did they come out with for that game? And now they disgust me with the way they're handling Spore.
Fair enough, but can you say Blizzard has innovated... at all? All Blizzard has done is milk existing franchises. The difference here is they put alot of time into their games, and actually give you a good reason to buy an expansion, and they listen to the fans.
They only merged with activision a few months ago, so theres no way to make any judgement if the merge has effected their game making.

Maxis on the other hand, like you said, comes out with over 20 expansions for one game, then come out with the sims 3 like... 5 years after sims 2?

Last edited by Crazy_Jonny; 02-14-2009 at 12:46 AM.
Crazy_Jonny has 632 Posts

StarCraft II Trilogy = 1 game + 2 expansions, not so hard right?

pm.gif   

Old 02-14-2009

Canada Meteora
Sniper in the mist
 Meteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supreme

Crazy_Jonny has some weight behind his arguments. It's true that Blizzard is milking their franchise, but it's more acceptable or appealing to the fans and gamers alike. The production cost and effort put into a games and expansion pack make it worthwhile. Most gamers hate to see a game being churned out every year, Blizzard doesn't quite do that due to their preference to delay their projects, tweak things out and polish it more.

Maxis is sort of on their fault to be a victim of EA. But really, lots of companies has become victims of EA. I'm not sure why but that's just fact.

For the most part Activision won't mess around with Blizzard's shit, they'll fiddle around with their products like Call of Duty and Guitar Hero. The latest installment for both weren't as great as we'd like.

Meteora has 12,746 Posts

: : : : [StarCraft 2 Forums Veteran] : : : : [Call of Duty 4 Hardcore Player] : : : : [Proud To Be Canadian] : : : :

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to Meteora  

Old 02-14-2009

Canada bunem
Get Some!
 bunem reigns supremebunem reigns supremebunem reigns supremebunem reigns supremebunem reigns supremebunem reigns supremebunem reigns supremebunem reigns supremebunem reigns supremebunem reigns supremebunem reigns supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteora View Post
For the most part Activision won't mess around with Blizzard's shit, they'll fiddle around with their products like Call of Duty and Guitar Hero. The latest installment for both weren't as great as we'd like.
Well, to be fair, I expected the latest CoD to be horrible just because it's Treyarch. Sure they took everything IW did and made tweaks, but hey, better that then Cod3.

Point being, I think Blizz and Activision can reach a middle ground here. Blizzard is obviously down with milking the franchise, but in good measure. At the end of the day, the Blizzard products seem to be going in the right direction, so hey, if it's worth the cash, I shall give.

SC2 will be for multiplayer as much as anything else, so it won't be like Brood Wars I guess where you get all these new units and what not. Atleast I dont think it would.....?

Thats acctually a good question. Does anyone know this? Are the 2 expansions just extended campaigns with expansion price tags? Or will it be all divided like BW and SC was? Imagine having 3 different ones now?

bunem has 302 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to bunem  

Old 02-14-2009

Poland spychi
Twilight Spychi
 spychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too much

I will not pay for any feature on battle.net, I never did and I never will.
In StarCraft you don't to pay for playing multiplayer and for any other battle.net feature.
If they are making a game that is not suppose to be a MMO than I don't see any other reason than just making more money on it. Server costs ? BS, L4D has everything free. New maps or patches? Pfff ... StarCraft had also mappacks and patches and there were no payments.
The whole "after release DLC" thing and server costs should be included in the product price.

Last edited by spychi; 02-14-2009 at 09:27 AM.
spychi has 3,254 Posts

Hidden Content:

The true epicness of StarCraft, StarCraft 2 and Mass Effect.
Interstella 5555
The 5tory of the 5ecret 5tar 5ystem

pm.gif   

Old 02-14-2009

Israel Eligor
BF Member
 Eligor has become enlightenedEligor has become enlightenedEligor has become enlightenedEligor has become enlightenedEligor has become enlightenedEligor has become enlightenedEligor has become enlightenedEligor has become enlightenedEligor has become enlightenedEligor has become enlightenedEligor has become enlightened

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunem View Post
Well, to be fair, I expected the latest CoD to be horrible just because it's Treyarch. Sure they took everything IW did and made tweaks, but hey, better that then Cod3.

Point being, I think Blizz and Activision can reach a middle ground here. Blizzard is obviously down with milking the franchise, but in good measure. At the end of the day, the Blizzard products seem to be going in the right direction, so hey, if it's worth the cash, I shall give.

SC2 will be for multiplayer as much as anything else, so it won't be like Brood Wars I guess where you get all these new units and what not. Atleast I dont think it would.....?

Thats acctually a good question. Does anyone know this? Are the 2 expansions just extended campaigns with expansion price tags? Or will it be all divided like BW and SC was? Imagine having 3 different ones now?

They do intend to add new multiplayer units (and possibly even mechanics) in the expansions.

Eligor has 414 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 02-14-2009

United States Blazur
Your thoughts betray you
 Blazur has ascended to greatnessBlazur has ascended to greatnessBlazur has ascended to greatnessBlazur has ascended to greatnessBlazur has ascended to greatnessBlazur has ascended to greatnessBlazur has ascended to greatnessBlazur has ascended to greatnessBlazur has ascended to greatnessBlazur has ascended to greatnessBlazur has ascended to greatness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eligor View Post
They do intend to add new multiplayer units (and possibly even mechanics) in the expansions.
Lies! First of all you have no proof. And second, they've eluded to doing so on many occasions. How else do you think they'd actually convince people to purchase all 3 games and not pirate them?!?

Mark my words now...each expansion will add units and/or new abilities/upgrades. And each one will divide the community much in the same way that SC and Brood War had.

Blazur has 396 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 02-14-2009

Poland spychi
Twilight Spychi
 spychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too much

I think that no one has a clue what the Trilogy will be, soo many diffrent opinions.
Don't know who is right who is wrong.

spychi has 3,254 Posts

Hidden Content:

The true epicness of StarCraft, StarCraft 2 and Mass Effect.
Interstella 5555
The 5tory of the 5ecret 5tar 5ystem

pm.gif   

Old 02-14-2009

Israel Eligor
BF Member
 Eligor has become enlightenedEligor has become enlightenedEligor has become enlightenedEligor has become enlightenedEligor has become enlightenedEligor has become enlightenedEligor has become enlightenedEligor has become enlightenedEligor has become enlightenedEligor has become enlightenedEligor has become enlightened

Quote:
Lies! First of all you have no proof. And second, they've eluded to doing so on many occasions. How else do you think they'd actually convince people to purchase all 3 games and not pirate them?!?

Mark my words now...each expansion will add units and/or new abilities/upgrades. And each one will divide the community much in the same way that SC and Brood War had.

I said that they DO intend to add new units in the expansions.

Eligor has 414 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 02-14-2009

Canada Kimera757*
The Last Cerebrate
 Kimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of win

Quote:
And each one will divide the community much in the same way that SC and Brood War had.
Which is to say, hardly at all.

StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay.

Three products = one game plus two expansions.

"Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."

pm.gif   

Old 02-14-2009

Canada _X_
I wrote in black
 _X_ has become enlightened_X_ has become enlightened_X_ has become enlightened_X_ has become enlightened_X_ has become enlightened_X_ has become enlightened_X_ has become enlightened_X_ has become enlightened_X_ has become enlightened_X_ has become enlightened_X_ has become enlightened

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxSpirit View Post

Monetizing selected battle.net features? I wonder who this came from? Though Rob Pardo imideately jumped in to ensure us that it was not what it sounded and I'll trust him on that.
Where do you see that? All I see is a shitty article about a game that will most likely suck.

_X_ has 637 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 02-14-2009

United States Blazur
Your thoughts betray you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eligor View Post
I said that they DO intend to add new units in the expansions.
Me fail English? That's unpossible...

Blazur has 396 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 02-14-2009

Israel Eligor
BF Member

Quote:
Me fail English? That's unpossible...

You do realize that you made me reread my post five times searching for the "not" that wasn't there?

Eligor has 414 Posts

pm.gif