Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > StarCraft Discussion

StarCraft Discussion StarCraft & Brood War lie herein.

Old 02-11-2009

Philippine zeratul11
BF Member
 zeratul11 is a model citizenzeratul11 is a model citizenzeratul11 is a model citizenzeratul11 is a model citizenzeratul11 is a model citizenzeratul11 is a model citizen
Default Re: Paris ESL Info from Player who attended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wankey View Post
Zerg is the biggest disappointment of SC2. They could've completely redid the Zerg race. Evolve everything into the *next* version.
exatcly what i wanted to say. but unfortunately the zerg remains almost exactly the same in term of their core attack units.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicol Bolas View Post
Best to accept reality. They don't have secret units they've been hiding. They haven't been purposely covering up anything about the Zerg. The Zerg are as they are.
well that sucks. shows again why the zerg race is the least fave by players and as well as least interesting and quite boring to play with in sc1 and also will be the same in sc2.

the zerg need new monstrosity. but i think the lurker should stay its actually the coolest unit in the zerg not necessarily one of their iconic units like the overated hydralisk/mutualsik. the lurker should be changed to tier 3 and make it look bigger and monstrous that can spike a siege tank in 2 shots. give it a new very intimidating look and new impressie looking attack to make it not boring and on par with the thor/colosus/mothership/etc. give it also a new name just for the sake and a new feel.

the ultralisk should be replaced as well and just be in the single player campaign. if they wanted a tanking unit with cleaving attack and that can burrow they should have created a new unit (that really looks like it can burrow) instead of just revamping the ultralisk which looks ugly and the same as with the other zerg units when they burrow.

the zerg is the race that make sense to have many types of units since they can/are evolving all the time. many new units will also expand the zerg lore and universe but instead they are stuck with the same old mutuas and hydras etc.

they could have even combine the hydralisk and roach to make it a new cool looking tier 2.5 unit. instead we get the similar medium size same spitting looking units the roach and hydralisk. similar like and mass boring.

it seems like blizzard has gotten lazy with the zerg. zerg creatures are very similar to warcraft and diablo creatures so im surprised their new zerg design and concept was quite lacking and unimpressive.

also the spore/sunken colony is extremely weak looking and not monstrous. they look like onions with walking roots.

Last edited by zeratul11; 02-11-2009 at 08:02 PM.

pm.gif   

Old 02-11-2009

Canada Psi Warp
Psionic Sequence Initiate
 Psi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of win

Thing is, we don't know what's been happening behind the scenes. Not exactly the best way to accept reality from old examples, even BlizzCon's build was 5 days old.

-Psi

Psi Warp has 2,280 Posts

says: Lol I gotz Pwned By Zeratul X_x

pm.gif  Send a message via Yahoo to Psi Warp 

Old 02-11-2009

United States Nicol Bolas
BF Member
 Nicol Bolas has been here far, far too longNicol Bolas has been here far, far too longNicol Bolas has been here far, far too longNicol Bolas has been here far, far too longNicol Bolas has been here far, far too longNicol Bolas has been here far, far too longNicol Bolas has been here far, far too longNicol Bolas has been here far, far too longNicol Bolas has been here far, far too longNicol Bolas has been here far, far too longNicol Bolas has been here far, far too long

Quote:
Thing is, we don't know what's been happening behind the scenes.
Yes, but it's highly unlikely that they decided to add 2 or more units to the Zerg.

"I still haven't heard a reason why clicks spent overcoming interface limitations to build troops are somehow more indicative of skill than clicks spent maneuvering units and using abilities." - SpiderBrigade

pm.gif   

Old 02-11-2009

Canada Psi Warp
 Psi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of win

Would Infested Terran, Changeling and Broodling count?

-Psi

Psi Warp has 2,280 Posts

Old 02-11-2009

Philippine zeratul11
BF Member
 zeratul11 is a model citizenzeratul11 is a model citizenzeratul11 is a model citizenzeratul11 is a model citizenzeratul11 is a model citizenzeratul11 is a model citizen

and why not show these new zerg units if they have it. they should just like they all revealed the new terran/toss forces.

infested terrans. - same in sc1 not really a zerg core attack unit. they are spawned by using the summon ability.

changeling - what is this? a cute moving larva.

broodling - guardian babies.

not really zerg but zerg skill just like what i think of the baneling.

pm.gif   

Old 02-11-2009

Canada Psi Warp

We should have learned Blizzard's favored method of appeasing their fanbase are, in fact, overwhelming us with information all at once. They are planning to show them, Cavez/Dustin even said they want to show them. We don't even know how tight their schedule is.

As for your translations, they are partially correct. Infested Terrans become distractions/decoys now, as they spawn in 5's each cast, have range and shoots like a Marine. Changelings are the perfect scouts, which can disguise themselves into either a Zealot, Zergling or Marine depending on enemy's race (and take on their color, their mini-map dot, unit interface, and enemy units do not auto-target them). Broodlings draw enemy fire away from your Guardians, buying precious time for you to take down fortified positions.

They are spell spawns, but they are no less Zerg. At least we know they worked on the Zerg late, when ideas usually run out faster.

Next Generation of Zerg:

-Psi

Last edited by Psi Warp; 02-11-2009 at 08:10 PM.
Psi Warp has 2,280 Posts

Old 02-11-2009

Canada WolfGangGrimmer
UnitedEarthDirectorate
 WolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatness

IMO.

The Zerg units that look good.
Ultralisk, Drone, Overlod, Overseer, Swarm Guardian, Baneling, Infested Terran, Queen

Units that are ugly.
Zergling
Hydralisk
Lurker
Mutalisk (they look like gargoyles from War3)
Infestor
Roach

WolfGangGrimmer has 629 Posts

..... There is only the divinity of mankind. Kill all Xenomorphs.
Hydra-owned

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to WolfGangGrimmer  

Old 02-11-2009

Philippine zeratul11
BF Member

yes they are effective and very cool gameplay wise. but what im talking about is the new zerg feel with their main units. i don't care about how useful a unit is etc in gameplay.

i want to exaggerate more with zerg core attack units and their look/design as well as their attack animations/mechanics.

The toss/terran really looks and feels impressive with their new units, but look at the zerg they have evolve to none or less. i was expecting a godzilla like unit to replace the ultralisk, a new burrow attack unit better and bigger than the lurker. zergling/hydralisk/mutualisk replacement even how iconics they are.

just check out the infestor pit which looks like a unit, thats the kind of new zerg unit that i want to see.

a zerg plasma bug or a giant zerg turtle or a flying overmind.

i think it will be quite tiring to see zerg attacks using mass hydralisk/zergling/mutualisk/ with some roach and few ultralisk in the background again in sc2. its just like zerg sc1.

pm.gif   

Old 02-11-2009

Canada ShadowAldrius
Evil wizard of some sort
 ShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortals

Quote:
Mutalisk (they look like gargoyles from War3)
They look nothing like Gargoyles from WC3. Other than having webbed wings.

ShadowAldrius has 2,172 Posts

The Banshee should be surly, drunken and Irish. (Okay, maybe just Irish.)

pm.gif   

Old 02-11-2009

Canada Psi Warp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAldrius View Post
They look nothing like Gargoyles from WC3. Other than having webbed wings.
I think he means their flight animation, which is surprisingly similar to the Gargoyle's wing movement.

-Psi

Psi Warp has 2,280 Posts

Old 02-11-2009

Philippine zeratul11
BF Member

i guess most agrees with me. i hope blizzard will realize this, that the zerg suck and feels trying hard in their current build.

pm.gif   

Old 02-11-2009

Canada ShadowAldrius
Evil wizard of some sort
 ShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi Warp View Post
I think he means their flight animation, which is surprisingly similar to the Gargoyle's wing movement.

-Psi
Oh.. well then no crap. How many different ways can they animate webbed wings flapping?

I don't know. I like a lot of the Zerg designs, and dislike a lot of others. Same as the Terrans and same as the Protoss. (Though less so now that they've gotten their art revisions.)

I fully expect when they get around to editing the Zerg designs I'll like them as much as I do the protoss/Terran designs.

ShadowAldrius has 2,172 Posts

The Banshee should be surly, drunken and Irish. (Okay, maybe just Irish.)

pm.gif   

Old 02-11-2009

Philippine zeratul11
BF Member

the zerg design maybe are nice but the zerg lacks new units and they look less impressive than the other 2 races.

pm.gif   

Old 02-11-2009

Canada Psi Warp

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeratul11 View Post
the zerg design maybe are nice but the zerg lacks new units and they look less impressive than the other 2 races.
Obviously, they are the least focused race in development. They are just starting to add "swarming" animations, seeing the Zerglings move in packs indicates diverse movement. The Mutalisk is too static, it would help to allow them to wiggle slightly left to right, adding the organic feel.

-Psi

Last edited by Psi Warp; 02-11-2009 at 08:47 PM.
Psi Warp has 2,280 Posts

Old 02-11-2009

Malaysia SoFool
The Chinese Cerebrate +)
 SoFool has become enlightenedSoFool has become enlightenedSoFool has become enlightenedSoFool has become enlightenedSoFool has become enlightenedSoFool has become enlightenedSoFool has become enlightenedSoFool has become enlightenedSoFool has become enlightenedSoFool has become enlightenedSoFool has become enlightened

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi Warp View Post

-Psi
This is exactly what I thought when the muta was first revealed, also with the muta's new head change it makes it look more like a gargoyle too.

Sometimes I wonder if the dev team have considered bringing the neutral creeps from sc into the swarm, hmm...I think it'll be interesting.

SoFool has 384 Posts

Find Humanity ... Assimilate ... Learn ... Evolve.

pm.gif