Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > StarCraft Discussion

StarCraft Discussion StarCraft & Brood War lie herein.

Old 06-16-2007

United States HuzzuhFooz
BF Member
 HuzzuhFooz has a spectacular aura aboutHuzzuhFooz has a spectacular aura aboutHuzzuhFooz has a spectacular aura about
Default Protoss reproduction

How do they do it anyway? they grow from nowhere or what?

And what do they eat by the way?

pm.gif   

Old 06-16-2007

United States Zergums
Eating a Raw Dripping Ham
 Zergums simply pwnsZergums simply pwnsZergums simply pwnsZergums simply pwnsZergums simply pwnsZergums simply pwnsZergums simply pwnsZergums simply pwnsZergums simply pwnsZergums simply pwnsZergums simply pwns
Default Re: Protoss reproduction

good point, I think they based off of Indians, Khala Karma, all that ;D

also why did corsairs get totally removed, are protoss in such a position to do that, even when it was one of the best fighters in the protoss army

Zergums has 1,504 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 06-16-2007

United States zhurgoul
ur head asplode
 zhurgoul has a spectacular aura aboutzhurgoul has a spectacular aura about

Why would anyone want to discuss Protoss sex? I'll tell you why. Because only a true StarCraft fan would do so.

I'll say this: obviously reproduction is gender based, as (despite the apparently very small number of them) Blizzard has confirmed there are female Protoss. I would think that, given their long life spans and sophistocated nature, they mate very rarely (every couple hundred years?) and dedicate a long duration of time to the act, probably regarding it as sacred. Maybe some kind of mating ritual would ensue in some remote location of Aiur. I dunno, ask Blizzard. I'm sure they'll be thoroughly entertained.

Also, given that Protoss do not have mouths, or any type of organ for ingestion whatsoever, I always assumed they are autotrophic (meaning, they generate their own energy...like plants; unlike plants, however, it's likely that the Protoss use their own, intrinsic psionic power to do this, as opposed to an external source like the Sun).

zhurgoul has 165 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 06-16-2007

United States HuzzuhFooz
BF Member
 HuzzuhFooz has a spectacular aura aboutHuzzuhFooz has a spectacular aura aboutHuzzuhFooz has a spectacular aura about

"It is a good day to die!"

pm.gif   

Old 06-16-2007

United States Zergums
 Zergums simply pwnsZergums simply pwnsZergums simply pwnsZergums simply pwnsZergums simply pwnsZergums simply pwnsZergums simply pwnsZergums simply pwnsZergums simply pwnsZergums simply pwnsZergums simply pwns

Indeed Khala Brother.

WAIT HOW DO THEY TALK!!!!

Zergums has 1,504 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 06-16-2007

United States HuzzuhFooz
BF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhurgoul View Post
Also, given that Protoss do not have mouths, or any type of organ for ingestion whatsoever, I always assumed they are autotrophic (meaning, they generate their own energy...like plants; unlike plants, however, it's likely that the Protoss use their own, intrinsic psionic power to do this, as opposed to an external source like the Sun).

That'd be my guess too. That's why I said they probably grow from some mushrooms or plants or something.

pm.gif   

Old 06-16-2007

Canada Meteora
Sniper in the mist
 Meteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supreme

Wrong forums, this goes to the StarCraft Discussion.

There has been many development of theories regarding over the Protoss reproductions in the past. The most logical and infamous one I can remember is that both different genders would sort of chain psionic energies together to "fuse" into a newborn youth.

Meteora has 12,746 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to Meteora  

Old 06-16-2007

United States zhurgoul
ur head asplode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zergums View Post
WAIT HOW DO THEY TALK!!!!
Telepathically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuzzuhFooz View Post
That'd be my guess too. That's why I said they probably grow from some mushrooms or plants or something.
I.....doubt...that. Somehow.

zhurgoul has 165 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 06-16-2007

United States Zergums

I'm going to have to guess no oral sex?

that's a good idea but there's no plants on their new planet

Zergums has 1,504 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 06-16-2007

United States SuperKiller
Cute Small Killer
 SuperKiller has ascended to greatnessSuperKiller has ascended to greatnessSuperKiller has ascended to greatnessSuperKiller has ascended to greatnessSuperKiller has ascended to greatnessSuperKiller has ascended to greatnessSuperKiller has ascended to greatnessSuperKiller has ascended to greatnessSuperKiller has ascended to greatnessSuperKiller has ascended to greatnessSuperKiller has ascended to greatness

http://www.blizzforums.com/showthrea...t=reproduction

SuperKiller has 3,803 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to SuperKiller Send a message via MSN to SuperKiller  

Old 06-16-2007

United States Zergums

wow someone is as sane or insane as Huzzzuh fuz lol

LOL GOOD TOPIC THX

Zergums has 1,504 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 06-16-2007

United States zhurgoul
ur head asplode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkceangel View Post
Wrong forums, this goes to the StarCraft Discussion.
K. So, what's gonna happen? Does it have to be moved?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkceangel View Post
There has been many development of theories regarding over the Protoss reproductions in the past. The most logical and infamous one I can remember is that both different genders would sort of chain psionic energies together to "fuse" into a newborn youth.
That is very, very silly. They are organisms, not sentient clouds of energy. Whatever psionic abilities a baby Protoss has is obviously inherent in their genes. I'm guessing Protoss have reproduction organs just like any other two-gender species, but that the process of actual reproduction occurs solemnly and seldomly due to their ability to reach incredible ages before death and due to the moralistic/dogmatic influences of their advanced society and religion.

zhurgoul has 165 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 06-16-2007

Canada DemolitionSquid
TestosterOWNAGE
 DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuzzuhFooz View Post
"It is a good day to die!"
Thank you for contributing absolutely nothing to this forum. And yes, I mean the whole forum, not just this post.

I think the most important thing to concider here is that they are aliens.
That is to say: They may not be carbon based, but possibly nitrogen, and absorb radiation, or just energy in general. They may possibly even be sentient plants, getting food through a kind of photosynthesis. They are not mammals, they are definately more reptilian than anything, or some kind of equivalent. For the DT's on Shakuras, they could have adapted to geothermic energy or radioactivity on the planet.

DemolitionSquid has 7,740 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to DemolitionSquid  

Old 06-16-2007

United States Zergums

Ok this is sc2: aiur is destroyed wtf do they do now!!!!

are there many females left?

Zergums has 1,504 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 06-16-2007

United States HuzzuhFooz
BF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemolitionSquid View Post
Thank you for contributing absolutely nothing to this forum. And yes, I mean the whole forum, not just this post.
And yet you're replying to my thread, that's a great contribution to the forum.

Quote:
I think the most important thing to concider here is that they are aliens.
That is to say: They may not be carbon based, but possibly nitrogen, and absorb radiation, or just energy in general. They may possibly even be sentient plants, getting food through a kind of photosynthesis. They are not mammals, they are definately more reptilian than anything, or some kind of equivalent. For the DT's on Shakuras, they could have adapted to geothermic energy or radioactivity on the planet.
I'd agree with you there though, photosynthesis is my bet.

pm.gif