Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > General Forums > Chit Chat > Online Roleplaying Forum

Online Roleplaying Forum Online Roleplaying Created By and For Our Users.

Old 06-01-2007

United States Ass Kicker
Joshua Jew
 Ass Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too muchAss Kicker might just love this place a little bit too much
Default BF 1790 Politics: Rise of Empires

This is a RPG that was very successful and hopefully some other vets will come back to play as well. However there were some problems with the RPG which I've set out to fix.

The year is 1790. The Age of Imperialism has begun and the countries of the world build up their empires. They will compete for land, resouces, and influence across the world while creating alliances and breaking old ones.

1. History will be altered in this however don't get too far-fetched (no tanks in 1850 or a World War every year) (also note that certain ideas and principles have yet to come into existence...)
2. In the older 1790 RPGs there was the problem of making time go by at a reasonable amount. Somtimes 30 years would go by in two posts or a year go by in 60 posts. So to avoid this a year will be divided into four posts (so your post covers 3 months of history). The only exception to this is when there is a war with five or more countries involved in which it will become six posts (so two months to the post).
3. Try to talk with the other players and make reasonable outcomes in wars and battles. No having an army of 100,000 suddently killed by 10,000. And eventually one side has to lose so talk over this so there isn't any never-ending wars.
4. You will be allowed to choose two colonies to start with along with your country however you may not claim other world powers as the colonies (No Great Britain colonizing France...). Also you are allowed to colonize to-be super powers (Japan, Germany, and Italy) however realize when it comes to the point where these coutries gain power realize you have to give up their country to them (if it is claimed) or a part you took (for example come the 1840s the American Southwest is going to become a part of the U.S whether or not someone owns it because it is a part of the country and not a colony/territoy) (such as Guam).
5. You may combine with other players nations (such as Great Britain combining with France) however you will govern over the section of the area that you had as your country however still act as one nation (if the player you combined with declared war on someone you are automatically at war with that person too)

Now how you set up.

Nation:
Colonies:
Type of Government:
Leader:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nation: United States (1790 United States)
Colonies: None
Type of Government: Democratic
Leader: President Ass Kicker

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit: OOC: Fine I'll make it longer but there just isn't much going on in the U.S. around now...

Ass Kicker Becomes President

After the election Ass Kicker has been elected President of the United States. "Our nation is new however I believe that one day we will be powerful and help to spread freedom and security to all those around the world in need of it."

Army and Navy Size Built up

In order to help protect our new country and keep it stable the army and navy have been formed officially with official rules and regulations. "Our men will protect our country and all those who love democracy!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: My country is going to expand to the borders it has at the point in time we are in as time goes on (so come 1804 the Louisiana Purchase).
Also whoever posts next it will be April 1790- June 1790...
Also if anyone of the vets can find the old map and remake it it would be appreciated.

Last edited by Ass Kicker; 06-01-2007 at 08:47 PM.
Ass Kicker has 3,320 Posts

Welcome to hell newbs your souls are mine!!!!

pm.gif   

Old 06-01-2007

United States UED Special Ops
BF Vet
 UED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightened
Default Re: BF 1790 Politics: Rise of Empires

Ahh, about time this RPG was revived. Lets hope your new rules end the bloody stalemates of the last 1790 Politics.
Well, better claim my stand-by country while I can.

Nation: Germany (of course )
Colonies: Denmark, Tunisia
Type of Government: Monarchy
Leader: King Welhelm Schmidt II

King Welhelm Schmidt II Assumes Throne!

In an official crowning ceremony held in the center of Berlin, Welhelm Schmidt II, son of the late King Welhelm Schmidt I, officially became ruler of all of Germany and her possessions. A three day celebration is now underway, and the new king promises to continue to guide Germany to greatness.

UED Special Ops has 4,775 Posts

06-27-06: The date that BF returned!!

pm.gif   

Old 06-01-2007

South Korea Starpie
Formerly Eidoanthanix
 Starpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond repute

Your in luck I have the old map,

Lol, nobody wanted canada!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg worldmap2.JPG (92.3 KB, 31 views)
Starpie has 3,701 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 06-01-2007

United Kingdom Rokdar Ironvain
God is upon you.
 Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!

Nation: Iraq
Colonies: Iran, Saudi Arabia
Type of Government: Constitutional Monarchy
Leader: Sultan Sifal Rasshid

Never been the middle east before... guess this means i get the oil xD

Iraq

Sifal Rasshid Declares A United 'Middle Eastern Islamic Empire'

Following the capitulation of Saudi Arabia in the 'Seven Years War', the Rasshid dynasty has now established a powerful hold over the Middle East. Lush with natural resources, and plentiful in population, historians suspect this new fledgling Empire has much to offer in the world, and will endure for quite sometime.

As celebration of the union of the three major states in the Middle East, Rasshid declared today a Muslim holy day, and parties are to be held in Baghdad, Tehran and Ar Riyad. Whilst the working classes and the newly conqueored Saudi Arabians despise Rasshid, his efforts to boost Iraq's power signifcantly have not gone unnoticed, earning him great respect across the empire.

----------

Sorry its so slim, i'm not quite sure what to write yet. I'm just making a bit of research into the Middle East so i can work out what kind of problems i should be looking to solve.

Last edited by Rokdar Ironvain; 06-01-2007 at 07:54 AM.

Holding the line since 1989

pm.gif   

Old 06-01-2007

Canada Meteora
Sniper in the mist
 Meteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supreme

Nation: Austrian Empire (even though it was around only during the 1800's)
Colonies: N/A
Type of Government: Monarchy
Leader: Emperior River Lionheart

Meteora has 12,746 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to Meteora  

Old 06-01-2007

South Korea Starpie
Formerly Eidoanthanix
 Starpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond reputeStarpie has a reputation beyond repute

(OOC: Better and longer post asskicker!!)

Nation: Republica de Sudamerica (Republic of South America) (Argentina, Uruguay, Paraguay)
Colonies: Cuba
Type of Government: Republic (Obviously)
Leader: Jose de San Martin
---------------------------------------
Republica de Sudamerica declara independecia de Espana

"We the people of South America declare our seperation from the Spanish Empire. No longer are we spanish citizens. No longer do we follow the regulation and rules of the Spanish Empire. No longer are we protected by their tighten grip. We declare that Spanish Empire is illegally holding us in bondage.

We declare the creation of the Republic of South America. The creation, mandated, by the will of god for the people. We declare grievances to the Spanish Empire, in such that they have mistreated and abused the power given to our father in heaven. We declare that the Spanish Empire and its king are no longer fit to rule its colonies.

Para latinoamericanos, viva la revolucion. Viva Republica de Sudamerica. Luchamos contra Espanoles., Luchamos para nos. Nostoros luchamos para Dios."

Starpie has 3,701 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 06-01-2007

God is upon you.
 Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!

OOC: Just think of this post as a continuation of my first, I can't bare looking at such a slim entry!

Iraq

A Divided Empire

Despite an external image of wealth, Religious unity and military power, my Iraq is weak. Not, when compared to my enemies, or the rest of the Middle East, but still, i consider it weak. The reason for this, is because my people are so sorely divided.

Petty religious sects, greedy nobles and angry working classes are turning against each other. Daily i recieve reports of bloodshed in the major cities, and my law enforcement is almost powerless to stop it. In the town of Basra to the south of the capital, three out of seven police stations were destroyed by rioters, and an estimated 8,000 business men were killed by workers who felt they were hard done by in mines. This total chaos has allowed the low lifes to run wild, raping women in their own homes, mugging the old, destroying livelihoods. But what can i do? I sit here, in my palace, and weep.

Basra is a radical example of what is happening here in Iraq, and it is not good. Already i foresee Jordan and Syria taking advantage, lunging forth with murderous hands. I will not have it however! Iraq must be strengthened from within, or Allah help us.

I have ordered for several divisions to be deployed all over Iraq to keep the peace, imposing martial law on most cities. A crackdown on terrorist activities is to be carried out, and a total end to this pointless sectitarian violence is to be made reality. I have issued a decree using my emergency powers to allow for any law enforcement to imprison and try any who appear to be damaging the unity of the Empire.

Though it pains me that i must destroy some of my subjects, it must be done.

Industrialisation

My scholars tell me that Western Europe is heading towards industrialisation - a form of total mass production. Already factories in Germany, France and England are beginning to take shape, and are impacting their econemy with radical benefits. If Iraq is to stay strong, i must follow suit, yet something troubles me.

Iraq has a moderate work force already, most being employed in the mines. The working class that has sprung from this economic move is already causing trouble, i fear that increasing their number will make things worse. I will consult parliament in three months time to ask for their council, but for now i seek to sit quietly and observe the West.

The Saudi Arabia Question

Whilst Iran and Iraq, despite their internal troubles, are firmly under my control due to large occupational forces, Saudi Arabia is causing concern. It is only been part of the Empire for a few months, and already its people are turning against me. Several riots and protests have broken out across the province, some have turned violent and led to my soldiers using arms to beat them down.

I have a mere ten thousands troops stationed in that region, which is far bigger than Iraq. They are struggling to keep the peace, and i fear that if i do not act, i will face a revolution that may spread to Iran. I therefore need to comprimise, but how?

I could double the garrison, but that would put more strain on the econemy and create more discontent amongst the families whom give me their sons. I seek to avoid militarisation, unlike my father, i prefer to solve things with the fine tip pen, rather than the sword and camel.

I have therefore dispatched many government officials to Saudi Arabia to discover quite what it is the people there want from me, save freedom. I am willing to compromise with them, on both cultural and economic terms, but i will not give them their freedom, for that would be giving away the one thing my father gave everything for. I seek not to cause such a dishonour. In three months, they will have drawn up the main wants and wishes of the Saudi Arabians, and from there, i will see if i can appease the people, and free them of their rage.

pm.gif   

Old 06-02-2007

Australia Planet Shaker
Majestic Testicles
 Planet Shaker has a reputation beyond reputePlanet Shaker has a reputation beyond reputePlanet Shaker has a reputation beyond reputePlanet Shaker has a reputation beyond reputePlanet Shaker has a reputation beyond reputePlanet Shaker has a reputation beyond reputePlanet Shaker has a reputation beyond reputePlanet Shaker has a reputation beyond reputePlanet Shaker has a reputation beyond reputePlanet Shaker has a reputation beyond reputePlanet Shaker has a reputation beyond repute

Nation: The Middle Kingdom
Colonies: Tibet, Xinjian & Mongolia
Type of Government: Dynastic Rule
Leader: The Wun Emperor

Han Chinese Rejoice As Wun Emperor Ascends the Imperial Throne

The White Lotus Rebellion against the Manchurian lords have prevailed and the Manchurian despots have been swept out of their final garrison in Beijin which has unfortunately been razed to the ground in the siege. Whilst the reconstruction progresses for China's glorious capital, the ancient city of Luoyang has been occupied by the Emperor as a preferred location for directing the new nation.

Wun Emperor Continues Support for the Arts

As the Wun Emperor takes his seat upon the Imperial throne, he has declared that, like the Qianlong Emperor before him, he will give substantial support to a development of the arts. Artists, poets and actors alike can expect lax taxation regulations and substantial amounts of money as awards in the newly established, biennial Chinese Arts Festival.

The Military Restructures Itself

The military can expect a drastic restructuring to take place within the next year. The Wun Emperor wishes to build upon the strengths demonstrated by the Manchurian army and fix the weaknesses the White Lotus Rebellion has managed to exploit. Military expeditions will take place once the military has finished the restructuring process to reclaim the parts of Mongolia, Tibet and XiaJiang that was lost during the rebellion.

Planet Shaker has 1,396 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to Planet Shaker  

Old 06-02-2007

BF Vet
 UED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightened

Germany

Reforms Underway:
King Welhelm Schmidt II has announced today several reforms to the German state. First, in order to avoid conflicts over succession of the kingship, our King has now mandated that once a King is crowned, he will name a successor within 6 months. However, the King can change who this successor is if the current successor dies or commits any sort of crime.

Second, King Schmidt II has announced that industry is the future of the German State, and has ordered that the old-town quarter of Berlin be torn down in order to make way for modern factories. However, tearing down the old-quarter will take several years to complete, and experts say it will take another 5-6 years after that to fully construct the planned factories. But once this long task is done, many feel that this will make Germany the leading European country in terms of industry.

Finally, the last reform will be to the countries army and navy. Seeing the Revolution in the former British colonies in America, Germany has taken note of the unique American command structure. Also, to increase the efficacy of our army, it is now mandated that if a unit of troops loses its commander, the next highest ranking solider will take command until a replacement commander can be found. It is thought that this major change, combined with the elite training our Germany solders receive will one day make the Germany Army one of the most powerful in all of Europe.

pm.gif   

Old 06-02-2007

South Korea Starpie
Formerly Eidoanthanix

(OOC: People stay a little bit historical. The Industrial revolution just got off its feet in G.B. If your going to use factorys please RP Great Britian into your posts -.- . )

Spanish Armada defeated!!
The Spanish Armada was defeated by the newly formed South American Navy. Thrity three ships of line of the Spanish Armada went against fourteen men of war of the South America Navy. The South America Navy using the heavy fog and the local terrain to their advtange harrased the Spanish Armada for fifteen days, and in a final show went head to head against the Spanish Armada. In the end the Spanish Armada lost 25 Ships of the Line, while the South American Navy forces lost only 4 men of war.

The Spanish Armada operating in the Southern South America, were broken. It is estimated that Spanish Armada will regroup and return in the greater number.

Skirmish continue!
The skirmish continue on the edges of South America territory and spanish provinces across Latin America. The majority of the battles continue to favor Spanish army, however, RSA is gaining considerable support by revolutionary forces in Spanish provinces.

Requesting Arms Asistance
European Nations,
Those openly and secretly hostile to the Spanish position in the New World. Assist our nations in our battle against the Spanish Forces in South America and bring the Spanish Empire to knees.

By God Mercys, help us.

Ayudas luchar contra Espana.

Starpie has 3,701 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 06-03-2007

BF Vet

OOC: Don't worry, it will take at least 8-10 years for me to even start up any factories, and they will be minor at best. I won't have Industrial Rev. level stuff any time soon.

Germany
Secret Message to Republica de Sudamerica: (aka, not common knowledge)
This letter was personally delivered by a German messenger to Jose de San Martin.

Jose de San Martin,
My nation is not on friendly terms with the Spanish, and we would be pleased if their empire were to weaken, as it would benefit all of Europe, as well as Germany, of course. That said, I am willing to assist your nation in its revolt against Spain, but I can not afford to make open war on Spain itself. So, what I purpose is this, German ships, under the banner of just being trade ships, will smuggle arms to your nation. The Spanish grip on the region is weak, and I am sure that these ships can make it to your nation undetected.

This is all I can do, but it is something. If you wish for this help, please let my messenger know, but know this, it will be some months before the arms and weapons can arrive. My your struggle against Spain go well.

-King Welhelm Schmidt II

pm.gif   

Old 06-03-2007

South Korea Starpie
Formerly Eidoanthanix

To Germany
Any help would greatly appreciated. Trade ships should find an easy time after our recent victory against Spanish Naval forces in the region. For at least the time being. May those arms reach us safely.

Muchos Gracias.

Jose de San martin, presidente de republica de sudamerica.

Starpie has 3,701 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 06-03-2007

God is upon you.

Iraq

Syria and Jordan's Increasing Threat

I awake bitterly to find my Generals telling me of a sudden build up of Syrian and Jordan troops along the borders of my beloved Iraq. It is clear to me, that the Islamic warlords of these regions have detected that the unity of my Empire is weak, and therefore, so is Iraq. All evidence suggests an invasion of northern Iraq, and possibly Saudi Arabia. If this is so, Iraq will not stand, for I do not have the men or the munitions to fight a war whilst my Empire is so against itself.

I have dispatched emissaries to Syria and Jordan in hopes of relieving this conflict before a bow can be strung, or a musket can be fired. The warlords of these countries are simpletons, however, who lust more for rape and pillage than for political appeasement, and so i feel war will be unavoidable.

Until an official declaration of war is thrust upon me, i have ordered my Generals to maintain a strong military presence in northern Iraq. I am told that little under 5,000 soldiers will today move from Baghdad to Mosul, my key settlement in the north. I will pray to Allah for a swift resolution to this conflict, of course, asking that peace may shine stronger than the swords of war.

Martial Law Imposed In Saudi Arabia and Southern Iraq

Parliament has backed my actions in imposing martial law in said regions of the Empire. Curfews have been set in place, making it so that any citizen who is on the streets of any major city after a time defined by local law enforcement, is liable for arrest, or worse if they resist. This has proved very effective in reducing street crime and in-violence, although I have heard news that some brigands have skirmished with my troops in various places.

Meanwhile my officials are still putting together a list of the wants and wishes of the Saudi Arabians, so that i may appease them with the pen, rather than cut them with the sword.

Anti-Terror Surges

I signed the death warrant of nearly 7,000 Iraqi citizens this afternoon, and i am bitter over it. Basra has become the battleground of ill will in my country, and it has come to the point where the city is not really under my control. City officials have been imprisoned by terrorist groups, and various militias are destroying mosques. Therefore, my Generals have advised me that the only solution to this saddening situation, is to use force against Basra. This would include a full scale assault against the city by the army which would crush all the militias, or force them into hiding. Either way, there is an estimated 7,000 wrong doers, all whom i am willing to spare if they lay down their arms - if not however, death is the only choice they have.

My Generals have assembled a force of some 4,500 Royal Guard, bolstered by hundreds of police, outside of Basra, ready to strike tomorrow morning.

Allah forgive me, and those who have forced me into this position.

pm.gif   

Old 06-12-2007

Australia Planet Shaker
Majestic Testicles
 Planet Shaker has a reputation beyond reputePlanet Shaker has a reputation beyond reputePlanet Shaker has a reputation beyond reputePlanet Shaker has a reputation beyond reputePlanet Shaker has a reputation beyond reputePlanet Shaker has a reputation beyond reputePlanet Shaker has a reputation beyond reputePlanet Shaker has a reputation beyond reputePlanet Shaker has a reputation beyond reputePlanet Shaker has a reputation beyond reputePlanet Shaker has a reputation beyond repute

OOC: Exams clogging up my life for 2 weeks. I shall be back after that.

Planet Shaker has 1,396 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to Planet Shaker  

Old 06-14-2007

BF Vet

OCC: Just finished my finals today, and graduation is tomorrow, so I will be back by Friday. Sorry for the huge delay.

pm.gif