Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > General Forums > Chit Chat

Chit Chat Your Life, Your Thoughts, Your Nonsense.

Old 06-30-2006

Canada warhog
This is bad.
 warhog is a name known to allwarhog is a name known to allwarhog is a name known to allwarhog is a name known to allwarhog is a name known to allwarhog is a name known to allwarhog is a name known to allwarhog is a name known to allwarhog is a name known to allwarhog is a name known to allwarhog is a name known to all
Default The Photographers' Corner

While I debated with myself whether this thread would belong in the IG or WIP, I ended up deciding that it fit better with IG, since I'm asking for finished products, not stuff you're playing around with in the darkroom/photoshop.

Anyway, so here's the idea. This'll be a place for photographers to share their work and critique others. Standard Blizzforums rules apply, in addition to my favourite of the WIP rules: No stealing other people's work. Simple as that.

Oh, in case you're not aware, pictures of people published online may require model release contracts. I don't like playing around with the legality, but so long as you're not making money off of the picture, it should be fine.

I'll post a sample post in a sec.

This is a stupid idea.

pm.gif   

Old 06-30-2006

Canada warhog
This is bad.
 warhog is a name known to allwarhog is a name known to allwarhog is a name known to allwarhog is a name known to allwarhog is a name known to allwarhog is a name known to allwarhog is a name known to allwarhog is a name known to allwarhog is a name known to allwarhog is a name known to allwarhog is a name known to all

Date: 2002 (?)
Medium: 35mm Kodak ISO 400 (I forget which film), Minolta SLR (I forget which one of my bodies this one was)
Digital/Darkroom manipulation: Minimal, scratch removal in Corel Photopaint

This is a stupid idea.

pm.gif   

Old 06-30-2006

Canada warhog
This is bad.

Date: 2006 (?)
Medium: Minolta A200 Digital
Digital/Darkroom manipulation: Minimal

This is a stupid idea.

pm.gif   

Old 06-30-2006

United States brimstone howler
lostmod
 brimstone howler has become enlightenedbrimstone howler has become enlightenedbrimstone howler has become enlightenedbrimstone howler has become enlightenedbrimstone howler has become enlightenedbrimstone howler has become enlightenedbrimstone howler has become enlightenedbrimstone howler has become enlightenedbrimstone howler has become enlightenedbrimstone howler has become enlightenedbrimstone howler has become enlightened

Those are some great photos, Warhog. I really like that first picture. The lighting's great in the second one too.
Here's a few of my favorite pictures. Hope you like them!
Oh, I linked to one of them because it was way too big to put as an attachment, and it'd take up a lot of bandwidth here.
http://www.deviantart.com/view/34470879/

Picture 1 (linked pic)
Date: June 2006
Medium: Canon Powershot A70
Effects: Changed the gradient to copper in Photoshop.

Picture 2 (the sink)
Date: May 2006
Effects: Altered it a bit with the brightness/contrast in iPhoto, in addition to changing the color to sephia.

Picture 3
Date: April 2006
Effects: Very little alteration in iPhoto.

Picture 4
Date: June 17, 2006
Effects: Changed the color to black and white, cropped it, and altered brightness and contrast slightly.

Picture 5
Date: April 2006
Medium Canon Powershot A70
Effects: Just changed the color to black and white and some more alteration with brightness contrast.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg View_From_the_Top_by_terminalpreppie1234.jpg (15.4 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg Shadow_On_The_Rock_by_terminalpreppie1234.jpg (83.1 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 169917354_9b289fd386.jpg (39.9 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg 162793273_1886646c23.jpg (140.7 KB, 23 views)
brimstone howler has 889 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to brimstone howler Send a message via MSN to brimstone howler  

Old 06-30-2006

No country specified. To select a country, go to User CP -> Edit Profile -> Country p3ngu!n
Forum Elder
 p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!

Ahhh, the IG was just crying out for a thread like this.
Or was that me? Hmm...

Anyway, some of my favorite pictures from my deviantART Gallery:

More from the same set:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...by_deportu.jpg

More from the same set:

p3ngu!n has 11,118 Posts

Most Sweetest Signature/Avatar Winner 2008

pm.gif   

Old 06-30-2006

Canada warhog
This is bad.

Peng: What camera do you use? I dig your work. I'm assuming there's pshopping involved? If not, I really want to know what camera/film you're using. Colours are crisp as hell.

P.S. Damn you. Right now I just want a cigarette more than anything else... your photo isn't helping me quit at all.

This is a stupid idea.

pm.gif   

Old 06-30-2006

Netherlands LXM
Artist
 LXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too muchLXM might just love this place a little bit too much

Yeah. It made me crave for one too. So I lit one

LXM has 10,242 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to LXM  

Old 07-01-2006

No country specified. To select a country, go to User CP -> Edit Profile -> Country p3ngu!n
Forum Elder
 p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!p3ngu!n is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhog
Peng: What camera do you use? I dig your work. I'm assuming there's pshopping involved? If not, I really want to know what camera/film you're using. Colours are crisp as hell.

P.S. Damn you. Right now I just want a cigarette more than anything else... your photo isn't helping me quit at all.
I only use Photoshop to enhance colors SLIGHTLY when needed. You will rarely find any (or at least major) Photoshop work in my color pictures. Black and white however is another story because I use a digital camera and the black and white pictures never have the contrast I desire so I do it myself. My camera ... was a Fuji Finepix S5000. Something happened to it and it doesn't work anymore... I'm dying to buy myself the Canon Digital Rebel XT.

p3ngu!n has 11,118 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 07-01-2006

Canada warhog
This is bad.

Yeah well, I got drunkass last night and I lit one myself. More photos to come, probably, I'm bringing my camera out tonight, it's Canada Day!

This is a stupid idea.

pm.gif   

Old 07-02-2006

United States Sean Quixote
Naked and Fearless
 Sean Quixote should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshSean Quixote should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshSean Quixote should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshSean Quixote should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshSean Quixote should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshSean Quixote should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshSean Quixote should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshSean Quixote should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshSean Quixote should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshSean Quixote should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshSean Quixote should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, gosh

I'm a photagrapher. In the broadest sense of the word..

My own brand, or "style" of photography consists of just taking pictures to either document something I might want to remember later, or "hey there's a cool-looking cloud formation," or another style that I probably didn't invent but did create: I call it psychedelic photography but it's really just me pointing at a source of light (it usually only works at night) and shaking the camera violently and spastically while the aperture is open. It often creates some very interesting patterns that look like a lot of different things. I'll attach some examples later, maybe.

Sean Quixote has 15,282 Posts

There is no other choice.
Ronald Reagan is the Devil:

pm.gif Send a message via ICQ to Sean Quixote Send a message via AIM to Sean Quixote  

Old 07-02-2006

Canada Ninjaware
Ministry of Silly Walks
 Ninjaware has ascended to greatnessNinjaware has ascended to greatnessNinjaware has ascended to greatnessNinjaware has ascended to greatnessNinjaware has ascended to greatnessNinjaware has ascended to greatnessNinjaware has ascended to greatnessNinjaware has ascended to greatnessNinjaware has ascended to greatnessNinjaware has ascended to greatnessNinjaware has ascended to greatness

I just bought a camera and I'm trying my hand at the photography thang.

Medium: Canon PowerShot A620
Digital/Darkroom manipulation: None

Ninjaware has 511 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to Ninjaware Send a message via Yahoo to Ninjaware 

Old 07-03-2006

Sweden Ljusdahl
mmm robot legged womans
 Ljusdahl has a spectacular aura aboutLjusdahl has a spectacular aura about

Oh joy. Some good photographs here.
Well here are some digital, shot with Nikon D70:

And here's a huge and crappy picture of some photos taken by a now broken Praktica MTL 5. Either 400 or 100 ASA.
Figure the theme, win a cookie! Here

Oh here's a scanned one. Crappy quality but you get the idea

Well I don't want to clog up the page so I'll settle with these.
I hope you enjoy at least one of them.

Ljusdahl has 178 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Ljusdahl  

Old 07-03-2006

Forum Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljusdahl
I absolutely love this one but I can't put my finger on exactly why...

p3ngu!n has 11,118 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 07-04-2006

United States Alexander
Pew Pew
 Alexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwns

Well, I'm not very good at photography, but here's my stuff:

I have higher res versions at deviant art, they look better
Bridge: http://www.deviantart.com/view/35787592/
Waterfall: http://www.deviantart.com/view/35788109/

Alexander has 1,497 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Alexander  

Old 07-04-2006

Canada warhog
This is bad.

Ninja, nice spinning wheel. Did you reach your hand out of your car for that one?

This is a stupid idea.

pm.gif