Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > General Forums > Chit Chat > Online Roleplaying Forum

Online Roleplaying Forum Online Roleplaying Created By and For Our Users.

Old 06-29-2006

No country specified. To select a country, go to User CP -> Edit Profile -> Country innerfire34
Not a Moron...
 innerfire34 is a model citizeninnerfire34 is a model citizeninnerfire34 is a model citizeninnerfire34 is a model citizeninnerfire34 is a model citizeninnerfire34 is a model citizen
Default (un)Official RPG Development\Idea Thread

I made this thread specifically for developing plots, getting signups, checking interest, blah blah blah. I just reaaaally want to roleplay, haven't done it in literal ages. I think my last one (that I actually stuck with) was broken worlds, and I had to give GMing power to doombringer (still many thanks doom ^^). So... to sum it up, I (and I'm sure a lot of other people) really want to roleplay, This is for idea's and whatnot.

I guess I'll see if anyones interested in an idea I have...

Mech RPG
Alright, basically there are... organizations... that have different views. Basically, they argue. And both of the organizations want all the power. (more story if people play, this is just a summary... a very, very, very plain one.) So, what we do, is design our mech, (pictures welcome) but please, be original. Like you could use a picture of an evangelion, but do not copy that mech from helmet-plate to toe-plate. You choose a specialty, whether it be speed, combat, defense, offense, but design your mech with an idea in mind, so that it will serve a purpose. You're pilot (besides battles) will be just about 90% of the rpg, so... create a unique character.

Thats all for now... and I'm sorry if that ran together, I'm really excited.

innerfire34 has 30 Posts

I'm back. Woop dee fucking doo, no one remembers me anyway.

pm.gif   

Old 06-29-2006

United States Kassad
Serenity Now
 Kassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightened

My idea is called Starcraft Politics. It ranges back to the old BF.

Politics is basically like this:

You pick a race, alignment, and such. Then, every post is sort of like an announcement.

Such as this:

(Can be presented in any way, whether it be to a Protoss Council, or like a Newspaper)
This is narrowed immensely.

1600 This Morning

Zerg forces encroach on the western banks of the UED capital of Kassadland. Though our forces were caught by surprise, the might of the UED prevails. Admiral JimmyJones has announced that revenge will be swift and has begun arranging forces. He made this announcement earlier today:

"Zerg blow."

Strong words. Until next time, UED News Network.

Nuclear Missile Silos
29%

(((Now that was dumbed down a ton. Make it serious as possible. Desbribe battles and such. Also, how the upgrades work is like such: You say you're upgrading something (Like the Nukes) and slowly progress it through time. Don't make it like

Post 1
Travel from Earth to Tarsonis
0%

Post 2
Travel from Earth to Tarsonis
99%

Make it realistic. Tak at least 5 posts or so. The more impact it will make, the longer it should take.

So that's about it. This may sound stupid, but I promise, it's a hell of a lot of fun. Basically, I don't know where we start, but on the old BF, we started about 100 years after BW and basically said Kerrigan disappeared so we can make our own SC Universe. Be anyone you want, pick a planet, and we can get started.

Anyone interested?

Kassad has 5,080 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Kassad  

Old 06-29-2006

No country specified. To select a country, go to User CP -> Edit Profile -> Country innerfire34
Not a Moron...
 innerfire34 is a model citizeninnerfire34 is a model citizeninnerfire34 is a model citizeninnerfire34 is a model citizeninnerfire34 is a model citizeninnerfire34 is a model citizen

hellz yea ^^

innerfire34 has 30 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 06-30-2006

No country specified. To select a country, go to User CP -> Edit Profile -> Country Magmaniac
Chaos Incarnate
 Magmaniac has been here far, far too longMagmaniac has been here far, far too longMagmaniac has been here far, far too longMagmaniac has been here far, far too longMagmaniac has been here far, far too longMagmaniac has been here far, far too longMagmaniac has been here far, far too longMagmaniac has been here far, far too longMagmaniac has been here far, far too longMagmaniac has been here far, far too longMagmaniac has been here far, far too long

I may/might be interested in that idea, Kassad.

Magmaniac has 220 Posts

Insatiable as the flame, I glow and consume myself.

Come stare into the abyss with me.

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Magmaniac  

Old 06-30-2006

United States UED Special Ops
BF Vet
 UED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightened

Hmm, interesting. I may also consider joining if you make the RP Kassad, as a UED Commander of course.

UED Special Ops has 4,775 Posts

06-27-06: The date that BF returned!!

pm.gif   

Old 06-30-2006

United States Kassad
Serenity Now
 Kassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightenedKassad has become enlightened

One thing about it. One problem we came across before was that we never made an enemy. It was like The Dominion, Dark Templar, and Artanis' Force. Before we even get started, could you guys send me who you'd like to be and a possible alignment so I can set things up accordingly?

Kassad has 5,080 Posts

Old 07-01-2006

Canada Meteora
Sniper in the mist
 Meteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supreme

Here's a rough draft of what I've made for the Second World War RP.

Medal of Honor: Battle of Normandy RP (Rough Draft)

Location & Time: Omaha Beach, Normandy (France) June 6th 1944

Battle of Normandy Chapters:
1. Omaha Beach
2. (To be added)

Major Participating Sides:
Allies:
- United States
- United Kingdom
- Canada

Axis:
- Nazi Germany

Briefing & Background: The Second World War (World War II, 1939-1945) constantly was sparked by conflicts between the Allied Powers led by Britain, Soviet Union (Not until 1941) and United States who fought the Axis Powers, led by Nazi Germany, Fascist Italy and Imperial Japan. The war was caused by the expansionist and racist aggression of the Nazi Germany dictator Adolf Hitler and the imperial ambitions of Japan in Asia. The war is the most largest and deadest in history.

Both the Allies and Axis clashed their forces, with mainly the Axis gaining an upperhand. Poland was first to be conquered by the Axis powers, and later followed by Finland, Latvia, Lithuania, and Estonia which were occupied by the Soviet Union. Soon enough Denmark and Norway fell to the Germans, causing the Allied Forces to panic as Europe was slowly being annexed by the Axis.

With Eastern Europe falling apart, Germany invaded France. The French surrendered to Germany, effectively expanding their territories. The United States entered the war a year later, transforming the war into a Global Scale crisis. The Allied Forces, consisting of the United States, United Kingdom and Canada launched an attack on Normandy, France, commonly and popularly known as D-Day (Battle of Normandy). Millions of soldiers, both the large conscript forces and the smaller regular forces sailed across the English Channel for the landing in Normandy. A record was reported that almost 3 million troops were involved crossing the English Channel from England to France.

Battle of Normandy, or codename Operation Overlord will be a deadly conflict between the Allies and Axis. Overnight parachute and glider landings, massive air assaults and naval bombardments, and an early morning amphibious assault on June 6th and the Nazi proving to be well trained and with numerous advantages will prove to be one of the most biggest recongised deadly seaborne invasion in history, ever.

"Fighting amongst the brave allied soldiers, the American forces will secure peace and stability from the oppression Nazi that plauged in Europe and to ensure worldpeace to end all wars. Your enemy are well trained, well equiped, and well defended. This will not be an easy battle. We expect nothing but full victory. Your Finest Hour awaits you, may the best of luck be with you. Good luck." - Supreme Allied Commander, Dwight D. Eisenhower

Template:

Name:
Rank: (OF-6 is the highest you can get. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compara...f_World_War_II)
Nationality:
Side:
Weapon:
Biography:

Meteora has 12,746 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to Meteora  

Old 07-01-2006

United States Kassad
Serenity Now

Name: Paul Farber
Nationality: German
Side: Forced into conscription by Nazi Army.
Weapon: M1 Carbine, .45 Pistol
Bio: Will add.

Question. My plan was to be fighting in a battle, and after the battle was over, be captured by (I was thinking Soviet, if allowed) troops. I would tell them what I know and promise loyalty if they would not send me back to Germany. Is that all right?

Last edited by Kassad; 07-01-2006 at 11:39 AM.
Kassad has 5,080 Posts

Old 07-01-2006

United States Ranre
No
 Ranre has much to be proud ofRanre has much to be proud ofRanre has much to be proud ofRanre has much to be proud ofRanre has much to be proud ofRanre has much to be proud ofRanre has much to be proud ofRanre has much to be proud ofRanre has much to be proud of

Nice Sasuke.

Name: Chris Taylor
Nationality: American
Side: Allies
Bio: Chris Taylor joined the 2nd Ranger Battalion at the age of 18 when he joined the Army. He picked up an add from a local news paper in New York City when he was on leave from basic training and as soon as he finished boot camp he requested to join the Rangers. He was quickly added into the 2nd Ranger Battalion as his Drill Sergeants cited on his resume as "Loyal" and "Courageous"
Weapon: Tompson Submachinegun, .45 Pistol

Last edited by Ranre; 07-01-2006 at 02:27 AM.
Ranre has 2,472 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 07-01-2006

United States UED Special Ops
BF Vet
 UED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightened

Sounds good Susuke. Oh, and hey Ranre! Nice seeing you back here again.

Name: John Jackson
Nationality: American
Side: Allies
Weapon: M1 Garand, Colt .45, M1911A1 pistol
Biography: Will Add

UED Special Ops has 4,775 Posts

06-27-06: The date that BF returned!!

pm.gif   

Old 07-01-2006

Not a Moron...

Just remember, this is signing up... so make a new thread when it starts.
(you all probably new, I was just reminding)
And... Well, is there any chance of this being stickied?

innerfire34 has 30 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 07-01-2006

United States Kassad
Serenity Now

Oh yeah! I haven't seen Ranre since the old Starcraft Politics.

Kassad has 5,080 Posts

Old 07-01-2006

No country specified. To select a country, go to User CP -> Edit Profile -> Country Cnl.Fatso
t3h ub3r gr4ph1cs 4rt1st
 Cnl.Fatso has a reputation beyond reputeCnl.Fatso has a reputation beyond reputeCnl.Fatso has a reputation beyond reputeCnl.Fatso has a reputation beyond reputeCnl.Fatso has a reputation beyond reputeCnl.Fatso has a reputation beyond reputeCnl.Fatso has a reputation beyond reputeCnl.Fatso has a reputation beyond reputeCnl.Fatso has a reputation beyond reputeCnl.Fatso has a reputation beyond reputeCnl.Fatso has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassad
One thing about it. One problem we came across before was that we never made an enemy. It was like The Dominion, Dark Templar, and Artanis' Force. Before we even get started, could you guys send me who you'd like to be and a possible alignment so I can set things up accordingly?
As in PM, or just in this thread?

And I'm sure there is plenty of room in the Galaxy for another spacefaring civilization, or even just a few rogue warlords who band together.

Cnl.Fatso has 153 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 07-01-2006

United States Kassad
Serenity Now

PM would be easier, but It doesn't matter.

Basically, the way we starrted was by staing that Kerrigan disappeared. If you guys want, you could bring her in, or even be her, but until then, it makes it easier to say she disappeared.

Or the rogue warloards or whatever is cool too. I was hoping for at least two good guys and 2 bad. Send me a PM if you're interested and tell me what you want to be.

Kassad has 5,080 Posts

Old 07-01-2006

Canada Meteora
Sniper in the mist
 Meteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supreme

I think I meant that its still in progress before I make the final touchings and stuff... But then I'll already have you three registered (Your created characters) when the RP is officially ready. Right now its not.

Quote:
Question. My plan was to be fighting in a battle, and after the battle was over, be captured by (I was thinking Soviet, if allowed) troops. I would tell them what I know and promise loyalty if they would not send me back to Germany. Is that all right?
Well, basically we're going to remake history a little tiny bit. However I doubt that Soviet forces would be in Normandy, when they are fighting the Germans in a frontal war. Besides, it would lead to conflict and that the Soviets are on the Allied Side now (1941). Battle of Normandy took place in June 6 1943.

- Sasuke

Last edited by Meteora; 07-01-2006 at 04:11 PM.
Meteora has 12,746 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to Meteora