Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > General Forums > Chit Chat

Chit Chat Your Life, Your Thoughts, Your Nonsense.

Old 02-17-2009

United States Ben
The Sartorialist
 Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...
Default A-Roid

Am I the only person on earth who is not a Yankees fan and does not give a shit that A-Rod took steroids?

I do not fault any individual player for using steroids. In an era in which MLB was deliberately turning a blind eye to the use of steroids in order to increase ratings, any individual player who chose not to take them was limiting his own value to his team to enforce a rule that MLB refused to enforce itself. Now those players are being called to account? This is the fault of the league, not of the players. At the time A-Rod took them, it wasn't even against the rules of baseball.

Yes, he broke the law of the land, and that is an issue in itself that should be dealt with separately, But I think MLB penalizing players for taking steroids is an absolute joke and shows what gross hypocrites they are.

Ben has 11,099 Posts

What's happening?
I keep my dreadlocks in a napkin ring
Rap and sing
Unlike the homogenous clones
I'm in to earth tones, birth stones, and erogenous zones
The more ticklish the more you have
Sitting on the curb of what used to be the burbs
And before that was Canarcie
I'm a disturbed and bitter herb
Like saltwater and parsley

Most Intelligent Debater 2008

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Ben Send a message via MSN to Ben  

Old 02-17-2009

United States WindowlessHouse
BF Member
 WindowlessHouse reigns supremeWindowlessHouse reigns supremeWindowlessHouse reigns supremeWindowlessHouse reigns supremeWindowlessHouse reigns supremeWindowlessHouse reigns supremeWindowlessHouse reigns supremeWindowlessHouse reigns supremeWindowlessHouse reigns supremeWindowlessHouse reigns supremeWindowlessHouse reigns supreme
Default Re: A-Roid

The MLB did not initiate the hearings by themselves. It's the public (baseball/sports fans) that want to see cheaters/perjurers ostracized because they've broken social mores that proscribe steroid use in professional sports. This goes beyond what the MLB has or hasn't codified. So the MLB either does what the public wants, or have they risk having their system be perceived as a fraudulent and fall to the level of wrestling. They can't "do nothing" even at the expense of being hypocrites.

WindowlessHouse has 267 Posts

Democratically elected communists and dictators are illegitimate.

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to WindowlessHouse