Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > StarCraft Discussion

StarCraft Discussion StarCraft & Brood War lie herein.

Old 02-17-2009

Nepal viperjo
Lovable Local Blood God
 viperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshviperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshviperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshviperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshviperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshviperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshviperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshviperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshviperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshviperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshviperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, gosh
Default [Idea] User Generated Content

Had an idea i thought i'd bounce off of you all. Its common practice these days to give players a lot of play room with what they can do to a game in terms of content right? Lots of games allow for custom patches, custom skins, custom blah, custom blargh, etc. etc.

SC2 is going to have the almighty editor which by all accounts can do everything you can think of plus do your taxes and send faxes. Now I'm curious as whether or not you will be able to download a mod for a custom UI, for example, that doesn't involve anything related to a specific map, campaign, or what have you. There are some custom maps on WC3 that have unique UIs but these are map specific. What are your thoughts about a "mod" community that does things of this sort, something along the lines of what you may find for say Civ4 or perhaps The Sims.

viperjo has 5,125 Posts

I've got ham but i'm not a hamster........................... Thanks to Greyscale for this sexy sig!

pm.gif   

Old 02-17-2009

Ajman planetx
BF Member
 planetx has much to be proud ofplanetx has much to be proud ofplanetx has much to be proud ofplanetx has much to be proud ofplanetx has much to be proud ofplanetx has much to be proud ofplanetx has much to be proud ofplanetx has much to be proud ofplanetx has much to be proud ofplanetx has much to be proud of
Default Re: [Idea] User Generated Content

You can change UI icons and some of the buttons in WC3 editor, so yes.
As far as global content, I don't think so, although it would be nice if you can integrate a custom model for example to the game itself.

pm.gif