Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > StarCraft Discussion

StarCraft Discussion StarCraft & Brood War lie herein.

Old 02-16-2009

Poland spychi
Twilight Spychi
 spychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too much
Default So with all of the info about the Trilogy I...

...am lost.
Well I really can't find any reliable info on what the Trilogy will be, I searched the SC:L site but I kinda lost the track.
Could somone write what the Trilogy will be? I saw soo many diffrent opinions, diffrent comments... .
I know few things, like:
Part titles
Every part will have the same multiplayer

spychi has 3,254 Posts

Hidden Content:

The true epicness of StarCraft, StarCraft 2 and Mass Effect.
Interstella 5555
The 5tory of the 5ecret 5tar 5ystem

pm.gif   

Old 02-16-2009

Canada DemolitionSquid
TestosterOWNAGE
 DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...
Default Re: So with all of the info about the Trilogy I...

Starcraft 2 will consist of three games. One main and two expansions.

The first game will be called Wings Of Liberty (working title), and will consist of mostly (but not exclusively) Terran campaigns. It will follow Jim Raynor in his fight against Arcturus Mengsk 4 years after Brood War.

The second game (first expansion) will be called Heart Of The Swarm (working title), and will consist of mostly (but not exclusively) Zerg campaigns. It will follow Kerrigan in her quest to keep evolving and her return to seek final vengeance on Mengsk, as well as uncover the truth about the Xel'Naga.

The third game (second expansion) will be called Legacy of the Void (working title), and will consist of mostly (but not exclusively) Protoss campaigns. It will follow Zeratul's search for the truth about the Xel'Naga, and Artanis' attempts to unite the Protoss and finally defeat the Zerg.

Each expansion will include new multiplayer aspects (such as new units for each faction) along with the new campaigns.

DemolitionSquid has 7,740 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to DemolitionSquid  

Old 02-16-2009

United States n00bonicPlague
Master of All Things Noob
 n00bonicPlague has become enlightenedn00bonicPlague has become enlightenedn00bonicPlague has become enlightenedn00bonicPlague has become enlightenedn00bonicPlague has become enlightenedn00bonicPlague has become enlightenedn00bonicPlague has become enlightenedn00bonicPlague has become enlightenedn00bonicPlague has become enlightenedn00bonicPlague has become enlightenedn00bonicPlague has become enlightened

Read this from Karune:

http://forums.battle.net/thread.html...42562&sid=3000

I would post it all here, but it is old info and very large.
If one of you mods want to post it for me, feel free.

n00bonicPlague has 71 Posts

Macro and Micro are like Yin and Yang:
two opposing qualities that complement eachother --
maintaining dynamic equilibrium in a single movement.

pm.gif   

Old 02-16-2009

United States Mike
Two Letters, No Regrets
 Mike must really think internet = serious business...Mike must really think internet = serious business...Mike must really think internet = serious business...Mike must really think internet = serious business...Mike must really think internet = serious business...Mike must really think internet = serious business...Mike must really think internet = serious business...Mike must really think internet = serious business...Mike must really think internet = serious business...Mike must really think internet = serious business...Mike must really think internet = serious business...

Rather than making the single player campaigns an introduction to online play, it appears that Blizzard is keeping the same successful multiplayer formula while making the single player experience a force to be reckoned with as well.

Mike has 937 Posts

Progress, man's distinctive mark alone,
not God's, and not the beast's,
God is, they are,
Man partly is and wholly hopes to be.

pm.gif   

Old 02-16-2009

Poland spychi
Twilight Spychi
 spychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemolitionSquid View Post

Each expansion will include new multiplayer aspects (such as new units for each faction) along with the new campaigns.
While all of the part titles you mentioned are known to me (and the story confirmed), the part that I quoted is odd for me cause I thought that the multiplayer will not change with every expansion.
So I won't be able to play the multiplayer with other people if I have the first part and my friends have the other two?
(keep in mind that I'm gonna buy all of those parts release after release, I will also buy a collectors edition, I'm just asking)

spychi has 3,254 Posts

Hidden Content:

The true epicness of StarCraft, StarCraft 2 and Mass Effect.
Interstella 5555
The 5tory of the 5ecret 5tar 5ystem

pm.gif   

Old 02-16-2009

Canada DemolitionSquid
TestosterOWNAGE
 DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by spychi View Post
While all of the part titles you mentioned are known to me (and the story confirmed), the part that I quoted is odd for me cause I thought that the multiplayer will not change with every expansion.
So I won't be able to play the multiplayer with other people if I have the first part and my friends have the other two?
(keep in mind that I'm gonna buy all of those parts release after release, I will also buy a collectors edition, I'm just asking)
HotS and LotV multiplayer will be incompatible with WoL multiplayer, just as Brood War multiplayer is incompatible with SC Vanilla multiplayer. They will be separate "communities."

DemolitionSquid has 7,740 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to DemolitionSquid  

Old 02-16-2009

No country specified. To select a country, go to User CP -> Edit Profile -> Country Overwatch
Broken Spindle
 Overwatch is on a distinguished road

I sure hope that the map editor allows for all the fun things that show up in single-player to be placed in UMS/custom maps. I know Blizzard said they're making an effort to keep the game clutter-free for melee, but I'd like to know if that carries over to UMS as well.

Overwatch has 148 Posts

"Personal credit; even if it's the first time in your life, you can get it from us at a simple offspring servitude rate. And besides, when your descendants come to work for us to pay off your debt, they'll be getting the best possible education. Even though you might succeed, your duty to the State is never done. If you do not succeed, you will be expected to complete your 1 year military duty as originally planned. Good luck, and remember: we're here to help you, help us." -Unknown

pm.gif   

Old 02-16-2009

United States n00bonicPlague
Master of All Things Noob
 n00bonicPlague has become enlightenedn00bonicPlague has become enlightenedn00bonicPlague has become enlightenedn00bonicPlague has become enlightenedn00bonicPlague has become enlightenedn00bonicPlague has become enlightenedn00bonicPlague has become enlightenedn00bonicPlague has become enlightenedn00bonicPlague has become enlightenedn00bonicPlague has become enlightenedn00bonicPlague has become enlightened

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overwatch View Post
I sure hope that the map editor allows for all the fun things that show up in single-player to be placed in UMS/custom maps. I know Blizzard said they're making an effort to keep the game clutter-free for melee, but I'd like to know if that carries over to UMS as well.
Blizzard has made it clear that everything will be available in the Map Editor.

Even completed models that were scrapped from the the campaigns and melee will show up in the Map Editor (Soul Hunter, Tauren Marines, etc.).

n00bonicPlague has 71 Posts

Macro and Micro are like Yin and Yang:
two opposing qualities that complement eachother --
maintaining dynamic equilibrium in a single movement.

pm.gif   

Old 02-16-2009

United States Crazy_Jonny
I'm Game...
 Crazy_Jonny is a name known to allCrazy_Jonny is a name known to allCrazy_Jonny is a name known to allCrazy_Jonny is a name known to allCrazy_Jonny is a name known to allCrazy_Jonny is a name known to allCrazy_Jonny is a name known to allCrazy_Jonny is a name known to allCrazy_Jonny is a name known to allCrazy_Jonny is a name known to allCrazy_Jonny is a name known to all

The Trilogy info is even in the SC2 sites FAQ (so its more official) -
http://www.starcraft2.com/faq.xml#trilogy

Crazy_Jonny has 632 Posts

StarCraft II Trilogy = 1 game + 2 expansions, not so hard right?

pm.gif   

Old 02-16-2009

United States TychusFindlayII
BF Member
 TychusFindlayII is dominating!TychusFindlayII is dominating!TychusFindlayII is dominating!TychusFindlayII is dominating!TychusFindlayII is dominating!TychusFindlayII is dominating!TychusFindlayII is dominating!TychusFindlayII is dominating!TychusFindlayII is dominating!TychusFindlayII is dominating!TychusFindlayII is dominating!

Quote:
Originally Posted by n00bonicPlague View Post
Blizzard has made it clear that everything will be available in the Map Editor.

Even completed models that were scrapped from the the campaigns and melee will show up in the Map Editor (Soul Hunter, Tauren Marines, etc.).
I think he was talking about the "Adventure-style" Overworld space.

TychusFindlayII has 262 Posts

Blizzard Entertainment is not responsible for any pain or suffering resulting from personal needs for specific products, applications, or information regarding said products in which Blizzard owns rights, equities or personal interest in. Blizzard Entertainment reserves the right to withhold any information it deems not necessary or too awesome to release at this time regardless of any individual's proclaiming any threats towards their personal safety or the safety of any others.

pm.gif   

Old 02-16-2009

Canada ShadowAldrius
Evil wizard of some sort
 ShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortals

When were those story descriptions confirmed?

The Zerg campaign is going to be about Kerrigan getting revenge on Mengsk AGAIN? I thought she was past that...

ShadowAldrius has 2,172 Posts

The Banshee should be surly, drunken and Irish. (Okay, maybe just Irish.)

pm.gif   

Old 02-16-2009

United States Gradius
For Vengenace
 Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!Gradius is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAldrius View Post
The Zerg campaign is going to be about Kerrigan getting revenge on Mengsk AGAIN? I thought she was past that...
Kerrigan says she just looks forward to pitting her mind against her enemies i.e. playing with them. I think she already got her revenge, everything else is bonus.

Gradius has 5,020 Posts

Best StarCraft II Poster 2008 | Best Moderator 2008
Best StarCraft II Poster 2007 Runner Up | Most-Liked StarCraft II Poster 2007

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Gradius Send a message via MSN to Gradius  

Old 02-16-2009

Philippine zeratul11
BF Member
 zeratul11 is a model citizenzeratul11 is a model citizenzeratul11 is a model citizenzeratul11 is a model citizenzeratul11 is a model citizenzeratul11 is a model citizen

i have a feeling that the zerg campaign will be epic boring. hahah

pm.gif   

Old 02-16-2009

United States Nicol Bolas
BF Member
 Nicol Bolas has been here far, far too longNicol Bolas has been here far, far too longNicol Bolas has been here far, far too longNicol Bolas has been here far, far too longNicol Bolas has been here far, far too longNicol Bolas has been here far, far too longNicol Bolas has been here far, far too longNicol Bolas has been here far, far too longNicol Bolas has been here far, far too longNicol Bolas has been here far, far too longNicol Bolas has been here far, far too long

Quote:
When were those story descriptions confirmed?
They weren't.

All we actually know about the Zerg campaign is that you'll be playing as Kerrigan. We know that the Zerg do invade the Dominion, but that's within Raynor's campaign, and will likely be a focus of it.

"I still haven't heard a reason why clicks spent overcoming interface limitations to build troops are somehow more indicative of skill than clicks spent maneuvering units and using abilities." - SpiderBrigade

pm.gif   

Old 02-16-2009

Canada ShadowAldrius
Evil wizard of some sort
 ShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortals

Quote:
They weren't.
That's what I thought...

Quote:
i have a feeling that the zerg campaign will be epic boring. hahah
Why? We know barely anything about it.

ShadowAldrius has 2,172 Posts

The Banshee should be surly, drunken and Irish. (Okay, maybe just Irish.)

pm.gif