Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > StarCraft Discussion

StarCraft Discussion StarCraft & Brood War lie herein.

Old 02-11-2009

United States ManjiSanji
BF Member
 ManjiSanji is a god among mere mortalsManjiSanji is a god among mere mortalsManjiSanji is a god among mere mortalsManjiSanji is a god among mere mortalsManjiSanji is a god among mere mortalsManjiSanji is a god among mere mortalsManjiSanji is a god among mere mortalsManjiSanji is a god among mere mortalsManjiSanji is a god among mere mortalsManjiSanji is a god among mere mortalsManjiSanji is a god among mere mortals
Default Re: Mr Jack has been busy

I have to agree on the Roach art; I went from hating the Roach look to loving it, just by what he did.

The in-game model is still pretty uninspiring, though.

pm.gif   

Old 02-11-2009

Canada _X_
I wrote in black
 _X_ has become enlightened_X_ has become enlightened_X_ has become enlightened_X_ has become enlightened_X_ has become enlightened_X_ has become enlightened_X_ has become enlightened_X_ has become enlightened_X_ has become enlightened_X_ has become enlightened_X_ has become enlightened

Once again, better than what samwise do. Samwise really suck at doing 2d arts for starcraft.

_X_ has 637 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 02-11-2009

United States cameronielsen
BF Member
 cameronielsen is dominating!cameronielsen is dominating!cameronielsen is dominating!cameronielsen is dominating!cameronielsen is dominating!cameronielsen is dominating!cameronielsen is dominating!cameronielsen is dominating!cameronielsen is dominating!cameronielsen is dominating!cameronielsen is dominating!

Quote:
Originally Posted by planetx View Post
Blizzard artwork is also good, but when translating to 3D model some things have to be changed, due to realistic physics animation and to be less graphically demanding.
Yeah, this is the same reason why a real person in a batman suit looks ridiculous. When you go into 3D, you can't distort perspective for dramatic effect like you can in comics/concept art.

pm.gif   

Old 02-11-2009

Canada WolfGangGrimmer
UnitedEarthDirectorate
 WolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatness

I thought Batman looked pretty cool in The Batman with Joker.

WolfGangGrimmer has 629 Posts

..... There is only the divinity of mankind. Kill all Xenomorphs.
Hydra-owned

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to WolfGangGrimmer  

Old 02-11-2009

United States Moradon
BF Member
 Moradon is dominating!Moradon is dominating!Moradon is dominating!Moradon is dominating!Moradon is dominating!Moradon is dominating!Moradon is dominating!Moradon is dominating!Moradon is dominating!Moradon is dominating!Moradon is dominating!

He's got some amazing artwork. I wouldn't mind seeing him employed by Blizzard.

pm.gif   

Old 02-11-2009

United States caliban113
Unsocial Climber
 caliban113 has become enlightenedcaliban113 has become enlightenedcaliban113 has become enlightenedcaliban113 has become enlightenedcaliban113 has become enlightenedcaliban113 has become enlightenedcaliban113 has become enlightenedcaliban113 has become enlightenedcaliban113 has become enlightenedcaliban113 has become enlightenedcaliban113 has become enlightened

Man, that Infestor is the solution to so many things - Hope Blizz considers it.

caliban113 has 439 Posts

Please - wont you give to the 'Missile Turret Guy' Foundation?
Let's make 'Spinning Missile Turret Guy (SMTG) Syndrome' a thing of the past!!
So....Many...........Mutas....

Undt noww, here's a Zerg attack from the 50's:

pm.gif   

Old 02-11-2009

United States vIsitor
BF Member
 vIsitor has become enlightenedvIsitor has become enlightenedvIsitor has become enlightenedvIsitor has become enlightenedvIsitor has become enlightenedvIsitor has become enlightenedvIsitor has become enlightenedvIsitor has become enlightenedvIsitor has become enlightenedvIsitor has become enlightenedvIsitor has become enlightened

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliban113 View Post
Man, that Infester is the solution to so many things - Hope Blizz considers it.
Indeed. Somehow, he took the concept and made it likeable, and thats not an easy thing to do.

I think part of the secret to his success is that he knows how to utilize exaggerated proportions to make something look physically imposing, rather than comically cartoony.

There is no penguin level!

pm.gif   

Old 02-11-2009

Canada ShadowAldrius
Evil wizard of some sort
 ShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortals

That art is great. The Infester Concept is really nice, but unfortunately and likely a bit too complicated to translate to a 3D Model. Re-worked a bit it could definitely look really cool, though.

But nothing Blizzard has ever done (not even WoW) looks remotely 'cartoony'. Exaggerated, maybe. But never to the point of a cartoon.

Sort of off topic, but that's bugged me for a while.

ShadowAldrius has 2,172 Posts

The Banshee should be surly, drunken and Irish. (Okay, maybe just Irish.)

pm.gif   

Old 02-11-2009

United States caliban113
Unsocial Climber
 caliban113 has become enlightenedcaliban113 has become enlightenedcaliban113 has become enlightenedcaliban113 has become enlightenedcaliban113 has become enlightenedcaliban113 has become enlightenedcaliban113 has become enlightenedcaliban113 has become enlightenedcaliban113 has become enlightenedcaliban113 has become enlightenedcaliban113 has become enlightened

Quote:
Originally Posted by vIsitor View Post
Indeed. Somehow, he took the concept and made it likeable, and thats not an easy thing to do.

I think part of the secret to his success is that he knows how to utilize exaggerated proportions to make something look physically imposing, rather than comically cartoony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAldrius View Post
That art is great. The Infester Concept is really nice, but unfortunately and likely a bit too complicated to translate to a 3D Model. Re-worked a bit it could definitely look really cool, though.

Agreed, - While it would be hard to incorporate the many details of the images - I would still say this is definitely the right direction artistically for the Zerg IMO -

Surprised I didn't remember this sooner (given my taste in films) but check out the monster from, "It Conquered the World" - One of the worst alien invasion movies the 50's had to offer....Look familiar?

EDIT:

Dang - it wont let me paste the photo directly. (?)

http://ultratumbaproductions.com/beulah.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKwkfaZX7bI

Last edited by caliban113; 02-11-2009 at 09:27 PM.
caliban113 has 439 Posts

Please - wont you give to the 'Missile Turret Guy' Foundation?
Let's make 'Spinning Missile Turret Guy (SMTG) Syndrome' a thing of the past!!
So....Many...........Mutas....

Undt noww, here's a Zerg attack from the 50's:

pm.gif   

Old 02-11-2009

Australia Noise
Formerly Vangarde
 Noise reigns supremeNoise reigns supremeNoise reigns supremeNoise reigns supremeNoise reigns supremeNoise reigns supremeNoise reigns supremeNoise reigns supremeNoise reigns supremeNoise reigns supremeNoise reigns supreme

Mr Jack is a good friend of mine and Blizzard have recognized his work. But he won't be getting hired in the near future because Blizzard said that they don't have any available positions and Mr Jack lives here in Melbourne which is quite a distance.

EDIT: In case anyone's interested, he's also a good modeler; here is a screenshot from a game I'm programming that he's doing the models for:

Last edited by Noise; 02-11-2009 at 10:53 PM.
Noise has 1,051 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 02-12-2009

United States Visions of Khas
Savassan's Legacy
 Visions of Khas is a god among mere mortalsVisions of Khas is a god among mere mortalsVisions of Khas is a god among mere mortalsVisions of Khas is a god among mere mortalsVisions of Khas is a god among mere mortalsVisions of Khas is a god among mere mortalsVisions of Khas is a god among mere mortalsVisions of Khas is a god among mere mortalsVisions of Khas is a god among mere mortalsVisions of Khas is a god among mere mortalsVisions of Khas is a god among mere mortals

I asked him to post his progress on one of his works, and he responded with this Zerg Larvae WiP. Sweeet...

Visions of Khas has 493 Posts

Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow
Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
Or is the shaping a culling and excercise in taming?
The road's goal is the dark Origin of Being
But be wary through what thickets it winds.
-Excerpt from the Litany of Residuum;
As Translated by He Who Brings Order

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Visions of Khas  

Old 02-12-2009

Canada Psi Warp
Psionic Sequence Initiate
 Psi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of win

Ooo nice! They are like baby corruptors

-Psi

Psi Warp has 2,280 Posts

says: Lol I gotz Pwned By Zeratul X_x

pm.gif  Send a message via Yahoo to Psi Warp 

Old 02-16-2009

New Zealand MattII
 MattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too long

He's got a few more up now:
Larva
Drone
Hydralisk

Plus a couple of production sequences:
Larva
Hydralisk

Seriously, when is Blizzard going to hire this guy, he's brilliant.

Last edited by MattII; 02-16-2009 at 06:48 AM.

pm.gif   

Old 02-16-2009

Australia Noise
Formerly Vangarde
 Noise reigns supremeNoise reigns supremeNoise reigns supremeNoise reigns supremeNoise reigns supremeNoise reigns supremeNoise reigns supremeNoise reigns supremeNoise reigns supremeNoise reigns supremeNoise reigns supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattII View Post
Seriously, when is Blizzard going to hire this guy, he's brilliant.
Did you read my post?

EDIT: Also, penis

Last edited by Noise; 02-16-2009 at 07:27 AM.
Noise has 1,051 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 02-16-2009

New Zealand MattII
 MattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too longMattII has been here far, far too long

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noise View Post
Did you read my post?
No I didn't, sorry, late night (I almost posted Hydralisk in Drone's link

Last edited by MattII; 02-16-2009 at 03:14 PM.

pm.gif