Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > StarCraft Discussion

StarCraft Discussion StarCraft & Brood War lie herein.

Old 02-10-2009

Singapore GRUNT
BF Member
 GRUNT is unstoppable!GRUNT is unstoppable!GRUNT is unstoppable!GRUNT is unstoppable!GRUNT is unstoppable!GRUNT is unstoppable!GRUNT is unstoppable!GRUNT is unstoppable!GRUNT is unstoppable!GRUNT is unstoppable!GRUNT is unstoppable!
Default Re: Paris ESL Info from Player who attended

Hey, great find!

Quote:
I will not speak more macro Xordiah since said that many things happen on this side ... We will therefore for the beta.
That quote is what interested me the most :]. I wonder if Blizzard has more macro-goodness planned besides the fairly-recently announced Big SCV and Dark Pylon. Because they've been fairly secretive about their efforts to increase Macro in SC2 (I'm sure there were lots of ideas that they've implemented and discarded without having told us), I'm not really sure exactly what to expect until the Beta is upon us . Hoping to have my socks rocked off, though :].

pm.gif   

Old 02-10-2009

United States XBSHX
BF Member
 XBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to allXBSHX is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wankey View Post
Say this again when Beta is released... and then again when Starcraft 2 is released.
If you are expecting an overhaul of the zerg units you are going to be disappointed when beta hits.

Quote:
I'm sure the Zerg will change a lot. The builds we've seen are pretty old and Dustin himself said Zerg has had a huge rebalance, and they didn't want to show it at Blizzcon because the balance just wasn't great yet.
I never saw Dustin say there were secret units they were hiding and that the entire race was being changed like you seem to believe.

Nicol is correct on this one. You aren't going to see any massive changes to any of the races. And by massive I mean something that changes the entire way the race works or plays.

XBSHX has 3,215 Posts

Zergling seagull sound NEEDS to go.

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to XBSHX  

Old 02-10-2009

Canada _X_
I wrote in black
 _X_ has become enlightened_X_ has become enlightened_X_ has become enlightened_X_ has become enlightened_X_ has become enlightened_X_ has become enlightened_X_ has become enlightened_X_ has become enlightened_X_ has become enlightened_X_ has become enlightened_X_ has become enlightened

Quote:
From Ekynox:

Voilą! A super Sunday passed at testing Starcraft! Honestly, this was worth the trip.
Me and my friends won a little tournament which rewarded us with a ''I love Sc'' T-shirt and maybe a place in the Beta.

The day unfolded pretty well except for the fact that there weren't enough PC (only 10 reserved for Starcraft). So obviously we had to take turns. Well it must be said as well that 6 other PC were reserved for WoW (which is pretty stupid considering the fact that the game was already released).

I played mostly Protoss and I mostly played against Protoss as well so I will be able to give my impressions for this race. As for the others, I can't tell you much.

- The games were limited to only 40-45 minutes.

- Only 1v1 was available (Vs player or AI)

- The games starts with 6 workers and 2 gas geysers like you probably already know.

- The gas get depleted a lot faster than in the original game but you can always pay 100 minerals to recharge it(This a must in the game especially if you don't have any expo).

- To get an expo early in the game is a must if you want the game to your advantage.

- I don't know if it is because of the constant pressure that the players were exercising on each other or because of the 1v1 but the combats were mostly limited with the first units you can produce. It's not that we didn't want to make any stronger units, it's just that the gas cost are crazy in SC2 (for example: High templar 50/200, hydra 100/100). This is why the expos are a must.

- Most Protoss research cost are around 150/150 and the buildings are around 150/150

- I only saw the 2nd skin for the dark templar.

- The way you play with the Protoss is totally different from the original game. You really create more units because of the new gateaway that let you spawns units in the pylon energy field (or the Phase prism energy field). In this case you need more gateway.

- About the units, the zealot and the stalker are really enjoyable units and their abilities are really strong!

- I discover a new units that will please a large majority of us : the nullifier. His cost is 50/150 (which is a little high) for 2 units that have 100 hp. His first ability creates walls for 30 energy points. They last for 12 sec and prevent units from passing. Personally I made 2 and I played them with stalkers for a great ''blink + wall'' combo. My opponent's zealots were completely stuck!

The 2nd ability is the anti-gravity which I wasn't able to test because we didn't have enough time to build air units except for the phase prism of course.

- The Dark templar role stay the same overall except that in toss vs toss match, we usually build some photons cannon.

- The observer is hard to get because you build it from advanced buildings. At the very least, someone told me this was probably gonna change.

- I didn't really tried the high templar or the archon because gas is really a pain to get. I made upgrades instead.

- For the colossus? I never really liked them I still don't. It takes a long time to get them, they cost a lot and they are pretty useless in the game when you can finally get them (well in a Protoss game at least because I saw that against marines it's pretty strong). In the end the unit stay a support unit for the zealots and you must build at least 2-3 of the to see some satisfying results. I'm not really a fan...

- I never really tried the air units because there was too much stalkers attacking...

Well I think I pretty much said everything. If anything else come back to my mind, I'll tell you.

The zergs looks fun to play. Apparently overlords can create creeps and the sunken colonies can move around it ( can you see the combo here?). Someone also told me that the overlords lost the detector ability (not sure about this).

- Hydras didn't change much except for his higher cost and his damage bonus on armored units.

- The banelings are pretty good. One baneling can pwn lots of probes. Useless to say that this unit will be highly used.

For the terrrans the gameplay is pretty much the same except the fact that you create 2 marines at a time. (reapers are great!)

Voilą voilą ^^ Great day! Need to play again!
Here, I translated the first post. Though this sounds like the old build so I don't know if you want me to do the other one as well since it is nothing really new...

Last edited by _X_; 02-10-2009 at 02:41 PM.
_X_ has 637 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 02-10-2009

United States cameronielsen
BF Member
 cameronielsen is dominating!cameronielsen is dominating!cameronielsen is dominating!cameronielsen is dominating!cameronielsen is dominating!cameronielsen is dominating!cameronielsen is dominating!cameronielsen is dominating!cameronielsen is dominating!cameronielsen is dominating!cameronielsen is dominating!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roegi View Post
So why not Mutalisk Corruptor? Lair because the gas costs 200, that the Spire and Muta coutent such BUT MOSTLY because Mutalisks have ceased to be the same feeling that SC: BW. It seems most of the gargoyles War3. Gone is the magic-box, finished the hit & run ... 6 mutations are engulfed in photons / ca spores therefore not worth to be played in these conditions on this match-up.

That's basically all that stood out to me
T_T
I'm glad that the Zerg are finally more than Hydras and Mutas. I welcome the change to a more diverse zerg style, or at least something besides those two units.

pm.gif   

Old 02-10-2009

United States iAm
BF Member
 iAm is unstoppable!iAm is unstoppable!iAm is unstoppable!iAm is unstoppable!iAm is unstoppable!iAm is unstoppable!iAm is unstoppable!iAm is unstoppable!iAm is unstoppable!iAm is unstoppable!iAm is unstoppable!

The Muta change is an iffy one. It seemed a crucial part of the Zerg game and having lost this component could either open up other doors of strategy or hinder their mid-game adv.

iAm has 520 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 02-10-2009

Slovenia Caine
BF Member
 Caine has ascended to greatnessCaine has ascended to greatnessCaine has ascended to greatnessCaine has ascended to greatnessCaine has ascended to greatnessCaine has ascended to greatnessCaine has ascended to greatnessCaine has ascended to greatnessCaine has ascended to greatnessCaine has ascended to greatnessCaine has ascended to greatness

Quote:
- I discover a new units that will please a large majority of us : the nullifier. His cost is 50/150 (which is a little high) for 2 units that have 100 hp. His first ability creates walls for 30 energy points. They last for 12 sec and prevent units from passing. Personally I made 2 and I played them with stalkers for a great ''blink + wall'' combo. My opponent's zealots were completely stuck!
dind't some time ago stalkers have the wall ability or am I confusing things?

pm.gif   

Old 02-10-2009

Canada DemolitionSquid
TestosterOWNAGE
 DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caine View Post
dind't some time ago stalkers have the wall ability or am I confusing things?
Stalkers have never had Force Field. They have only ever had Blink.

DemolitionSquid has 7,740 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to DemolitionSquid  

Old 02-10-2009

Sweden Todie
Master of Quotation
 Todie has a reputation beyond reputeTodie has a reputation beyond reputeTodie has a reputation beyond reputeTodie has a reputation beyond reputeTodie has a reputation beyond reputeTodie has a reputation beyond reputeTodie has a reputation beyond reputeTodie has a reputation beyond reputeTodie has a reputation beyond reputeTodie has a reputation beyond reputeTodie has a reputation beyond repute

thx for the actual translation.

no great big news tho. old build...

Todie has 911 Posts

Desirable challenges in SC II ? More strategy, less endless juggling of obvious "must-do" actions

MBS unit prod could make MORE sense - - an altered macro mechanic COULD involve actual strategic decision making.
With great sensibility comes great responsibility

pm.gif   

Old 02-10-2009

United States Triceron
BF Member
 Triceron has ascended to greatnessTriceron has ascended to greatnessTriceron has ascended to greatnessTriceron has ascended to greatnessTriceron has ascended to greatnessTriceron has ascended to greatnessTriceron has ascended to greatnessTriceron has ascended to greatnessTriceron has ascended to greatnessTriceron has ascended to greatnessTriceron has ascended to greatness

How many new Zerg units can they add honestly? Unless they do some model revamps like to the infester and Lurker (Which did get a remake but is yet unseen), I doubt there will be much 'new' zerg.

Triceron has 871 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 02-10-2009

Canada DemolitionSquid
TestosterOWNAGE
 DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
How many new Zerg units can they add honestly? Unless they do some model revamps like to the infester and Lurker (Which did get a remake but is yet unseen), I doubt there will be much 'new' zerg.
I have suggested multiple new Zerg units, and abilities for them. It's not that hard really. The only units they needed to keep were Drone, Overlord, Zergling, Hydralisk, Ultralisk, Mutalisk. And they pretty much did just that (Lurker was kept as well, and Swarm Guardian = Guardian).

DemolitionSquid has 7,740 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to DemolitionSquid  

Old 02-11-2009

United States roegi
BF Member
 roegi is a jewel in the roughroegi is a jewel in the roughroegi is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameronielsen View Post
I'm glad that the Zerg are finally more than Hydras and Mutas. I welcome the change to a more diverse zerg style, or at least something besides those two units.
What?
Zerg was the most diverse race in BW
You could go with pretty much any combination of hydras, scourge, mutas, lurkers, and lings on lair tech, then go on to add any of the 3 hive techs (greater spire, ultra den, defiler mound)

pm.gif   

Old 02-11-2009

Argentina AngelLestat
BF Member
 AngelLestat was born to leadAngelLestat was born to leadAngelLestat was born to leadAngelLestat was born to leadAngelLestat was born to leadAngelLestat was born to leadAngelLestat was born to lead

Quote:
Best to accept reality. They don't have secret units they've been hiding. They haven't been purposely covering up anything about the Zerg. The Zerg are as they are.
I said that to all.. nobody want to believe it.. All said "blizzard will make all the zerg improvent to the end..." sorry.. but i dont think so.. if they could not find good mechanics or abilities to the units until now.. i think that is too late.

Last edited by AngelLestat; 02-11-2009 at 10:07 PM.
AngelLestat has 37 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 02-11-2009

Canada ShadowAldrius
Evil wizard of some sort
 ShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortals

Well on the other hand, I'm gonna say...

What's wrong with the Queen, Corrupter, Infester and Roach? Some of those might not be entirely new, but they're certainly very interesting I think.

ShadowAldrius has 2,172 Posts

The Banshee should be surly, drunken and Irish. (Okay, maybe just Irish.)

pm.gif   

Old 02-11-2009

Canada Kimera757*
The Last Cerebrate
 Kimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of win

The queen used to be creative, but isn't anymore.

The roach is fine.

The corruptor needs tweaking, but otherwise is fine.

StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay.

Three products = one game plus two expansions.

"Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."

pm.gif   

Old 02-11-2009

Canada Psi Warp
Psionic Sequence Initiate
 Psi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of win

The Infestor is awesome and not just a carbon-copy of the Defiler. Though I hope they use an ability primarily targeting buildings, like Infestation.

-Psi

Psi Warp has 2,280 Posts

says: Lol I gotz Pwned By Zeratul X_x

pm.gif  Send a message via Yahoo to Psi Warp