Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > StarCraft Discussion

StarCraft Discussion StarCraft & Brood War lie herein.

Old 02-09-2009

United States iAm
BF Member
 iAm is unstoppable!iAm is unstoppable!iAm is unstoppable!iAm is unstoppable!iAm is unstoppable!iAm is unstoppable!iAm is unstoppable!iAm is unstoppable!iAm is unstoppable!iAm is unstoppable!iAm is unstoppable!
Default Paris ESL Info from Player who attended

Quote:
by Ng13-terenas

goggle transalation

I will do too little review ESL for those who have not had the chance to move ...

Firstly thank you to Blizzard community team for their warm welcome, and thank you Xordiah (among others) for organizing the mini King of the Hill on Sunday! YaY a T-Shirt "I <3 SC" to complete my collection of posters SC2 and my T-Shirt Raynor's Raider (I took care to wear for the occasion)! xD

As stated Ekynox, only 10 were dedicated to PC Starcraft 2, while 6 were for WoW: WotLK. There were about twenty players on average, a turnover acceptable, not too long. A small passage to salvation to all gamers of SC2, which were all well nice!

The build presented at the ESL was the Leipzig Game Convention and not the Blizzcon, but given the number of changes between these 2 builds, it's not very serious. According Xordiah, the difference will be felt more with the arrival of the Beta (exclusive DATE, citing Xordiah: "soon" ... aheum).
Another exclusive from what I understood in that ear to people with a T-Shirt Blizzard, battle.net 2.0 also happen kits: Understanding is that additional features come with the release of 2 extensions SC2! Does features (such as audio-chat for example) have not had time to be implemented and are therefore deferred to the following outputs or talking about the new feature? The future will tell!

I will not repeat what was said Ekynox or what we know already over the 08 Blizzcon, WWI 08 (I was there \ o /) or the GC ... However, I will speak more of personal feeling and "pre-strats" that I have seen / tested on the spot.

Zerg player forever, I have not played any game in Protoss or Terran ... I have done in WWI and play against these breeds as Zerg where observe enough to appreciate the various new mechanical Thursday

The game is definitely more offensive / aggressive. It is difficult to adequately waller, and also means to have a prédispositioni camping and thus to lose (I know I exaggerate). Indeed, the choke-points no longer the only points of entry in a database (because, for example, phase prisms, colossus, nydus, reaper, etc. ...), it is better to attack and control the map rather than attempting to defend its land in the corner. Nothing really new actually ...

From a macro-management, self-MBS and mine are, although contested by all the "it was I who most of APM, the most significant. The game is generally more nervous side micro and macro was deported on economic choices (map control, taking the gas, etc.) rather than merely producing keyboard "5SZ 6SZ 7SZ 8SZ 9SZ 0SZ", I really appreciate that we avoid these unnecessary actions in a modern strategy game =)
So the macro should be noted that begins with 6 peones, ten mineral spots and 2 spots of gas. The peones 5 relate to mineral by A / R and 6 gas by A / R. The build-orders of SC1 took quite a blow, and so much the better.
I will not speak more macro Xordiah since said that many things happen on this side ... We will therefore for the beta.

Regarding now the micro-management, I will present in the form of strats per match-up, comparing sometimes (always?) For strats SC: BW. To give little weight to my impressions, I have not conceded any victory WE (well there was an Tied against my friend Tarcon the Protoss (who won in the long run, the timer fiou thank you) while iCCup on tonight, it was finally ... freelose good).
Before that, I just want to say that I found the air very low / low playable, and anti-air very strong. That's it!

ZvZ:
Outside the strats gay sunken-style attack, which are not supposed to happen ... although powerful since you can now move the sunken unlike SC: BW, there is a strategy that emerges quite of lot: zergling / Corruptor
So why not Mutalisk Corruptor? Lair because the gas costs 200, that the Spire and Muta coutent such BUT MOSTLY because Mutalisks have ceased to be the same feeling that SC: BW. It seems most of the gargoyles War3. Gone is the magic-box, finished the hit & run ... 6 mutations are engulfed in photons / ca spores therefore not worth to be played in these conditions on this match-up.
The roach are too playable either because of the cloud of zergling.
Some baneling can make a difference in a fight on the ground between 2 large packs of mass-gling.
On ZvsZ that I played, it was usually done on pool/extractor/hatch/hatch/T2/expand very much gling, and Corruptor + if hydra air. The Hydralisk is very strong against buildings and air ... Gling therefore occupy the soil, the Corruptor little air presence and some moisture the rest of the air support.

ZVT:
In this match-up, I did not make long parties, but a lot of really sort the baneling. The basic mix would consist of zergling speed and baneling to play Terran barracks. Navies & marauder does not really make the weight against that mix.
However, when the jackal (helion?) Arrives, it is better to have the roach to counter them. I noticed that the damage inflicted by the jackal were added once at the beginning of the animation of the jet flame, which means that the flames themselves play the "cooldown" of the attack. The animation is long, it must give time for roach to regenerate.
By midgame, ça se corse, you need to expand ... For marine / marauder / jackal / tank / Medivac / nomad = very powerful. In contrast, the Medivac is quite fragile, therefore a good attack on several fronts with zergling / baneling / roach and Corruptor for Medivac may be a solution.
As always, the Terran choper travel remains the most attractive alternative (the quid banelings buried?).
I noticed something interesting late game ... The guardians are super interesting! Each attack producing broodlings, tanks start of the coup to take everywhere and the splash damage plays coup in favor of the Zerg. Their purpose is mainly to gain time.

ZvP:
A match-up very interesting, and I played a lot (it's crazy how many there protoss). My standard strategy is to rush in first pool gling with speed (attention, BO SC: BW does not work at all) in harassing a maximum, while I go and B2 tech Roach. Then, fighting tough because when Roach arrived in front surement Stalker ago.
Next mix distributions Protoss (dominant or Zealot Stalker), Techer to Baneling can become indispensable. Indeed, a Protoss zealot mass which becomes unmanageable for roach and that is where the banelings. If the Stalker is dominant, the zergling care of them while Roach manage Zealots.
Then, if all goes well, take care of the map-control (B3/B4 take for example) and quickly climb on T3 to launch upgrades of Roach (regen-rate), Baneling (movment speed) and Zergling (adrenal glands ). If possible add Ultra (Ultra 400 gas anyway!) And play Nydus everywhere!
Interestingly also in speaking of Nydus:
It is possible to put the rally point of the hatchery on the Nydus, although it is possible to put a rally point for the release of Nydus. Thus, by concentrating all production Nydus to the Canal, the production is accessible anywhere on the map at any time (subject to the construction of Nydus "all over the map" ^.^).
Moreover, in speaking of Nydus, I find it very convenient to expand in this way. It sends overs everywhere, on the creep is everywhere, we ask Nydus, and there is passing peons to launch hatches. Thus, it was already "the quick way" to go to defend expand across the map, what we could not do in SC: BW (since the creep missing).

PvT:
The BO fast stalker (to replace fast goon BO) does absolutely nothing =)
In fact, the BO goon working fast to SC: BW because goon was above the Terran infantry. From what I saw, this is not the case for Stalkers. At least not before Blink.
Better to have Zealots with charge Stalker and some support.
TA remain effective, and Immortal is super strong against a tank, even in the seat (an Immortal takes almost shot 2 tanks face ... well it also costs more than 2x Stalker). Few people played the Nullifier, but against a mecha Ran, I think that playing the anti gravity on Tanks would be a good addition.
The mix is returning Zeze / Stalker / Immortal vs Jackal / Tank / Marine / Nomad.

PvP:
Match-up not very interesting ... A watchword: map control and attention to the hidden pylons / phase prisms ... Because the warp-gates are very dangerous for now spawn. Also, do not s'empaller the photons that are, I find it quite tough. Here, classic, it plays zeze / stalker mainly vs. the same thing. In fact, the Stalkers are weak against zeze but adding Nullifier with the fate of wallblock and Blink could be a good addition.
Also, the addition of an Archon (up to 35 of damage, which means that he shot the one-zerglings equal to upgrades) would be a good idea. The templars too expensive (and the skin of the psy-storm was not terrible (it is difficult to feel the power)), it is better to Techer Dark Obelisk and lay 2 DT Archon morphs into that of the Templar lay more expensive. Especially as the Dark Templar, génant therefore invisible to the opponent, is less than micro-consuming high templar.

TvT:
Sorry but I dry ... I'll say it looks like SC: BW =)
I have not seen anything great in some parts TvT held in WWI and ESL ... Especially since in the minds of players, the Terrans are still a race-based camping tent Quechua "2 seconds" ... Too bad because they have a potential offensive much stronger than before, especially thanks to its Nomad and auto-turrets. Please note, not engineering bay off more ... So we can no longer be used to map push.

Voila voila ... This is a first draft on a build outdated therefore does not mean much, especially since they had not played for weeks in SC2, it is difficult to refine strategies as it is of First take the benchmarks ... Strategies are therefore still very rough, but playing well, there will emerge the true power of the Nullifier for example ... I think that will be played by the mid-high level, being micro-consuming. Everything costs a lot of gas ... The current level of players is too low so that we can appreciate the difference a supportive micro-managed compared to someone who will not take the lead and simply massage!
Such beast in any Zerg vs Terran:
Will I stay low-tech with Zergling (50/0/1) / Baneling (25/25/1) / Roach (75/x/x (I am ashamed of not having memorized)) or: mount T2 (200 gas) to the hydra den (100 gas?), to upgrade lurker (100 gas?), a hydra (100/100/x (ditto)), and Morph into lurker (x/100/x (re-idem))?
Unlike eco required is rather large ...
If we add to what the outcome of the battle will be based on some units (including the famous Lurkers unaffordable) ... There is no interest in planting micro-management ... Each lost lurker would feel like "a pain in the bottom of itself" ... While a good job taking the enemy in a pincer movement is less tiring to succeed =)

I just come back soon on some small detail which disappointed me slightly:
- The feeling of Mutalisk, which has become a gargoyle, not terrible to micro-manage
- The Hydralisk converted unit headquarters and anti-air ... as it is too radical change ... but I admit that it takes its new role ... it's just a matter of nostalgia, in fact, D
- The colossus disappointing in the build of the Game Convention, needs to be really improved as fragile, expensive, time-consuming to produce, etc ... Damage, when you see the impression of power it provides!
- The storm is naze psyonic visually: It seems very small and weak (down to 112 in tape 3sec). We want to feel the power!
- Overall, the air is low because not enough, too expensive, and easily countered by anti-aircraft units.

I add comments if there are any questions, disagreements about my speech (which was read in its entirety), or if something important to me!

In conclusion, what to say except that the game is very good start to a very big hit multiplayer, which is waiting with impatience and all that ... of course, "I <3 SC"!
Banality powered, hard drive to finish a big pad like this = /
Read at your leisure

EDIT: Source --> Bnet

iAm has 520 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 02-09-2009

United States Hydragoon
BF Member
 Hydragoon is dominating!Hydragoon is dominating!Hydragoon is dominating!Hydragoon is dominating!Hydragoon is dominating!Hydragoon is dominating!Hydragoon is dominating!Hydragoon is dominating!Hydragoon is dominating!Hydragoon is dominating!Hydragoon is dominating!
Default Re: Paris ESL Info from Player who attended

Thanks so much for your notes and information!

Hydragoon

The Hydralisk says: grrhhhaaa.

The Dragoon says: I have returned.

The Hydragoon says: I have grrhhhaaa...

pm.gif   

Old 02-09-2009

Sweden Todie
Master of Quotation
 Todie has a reputation beyond reputeTodie has a reputation beyond reputeTodie has a reputation beyond reputeTodie has a reputation beyond reputeTodie has a reputation beyond reputeTodie has a reputation beyond reputeTodie has a reputation beyond reputeTodie has a reputation beyond reputeTodie has a reputation beyond reputeTodie has a reputation beyond reputeTodie has a reputation beyond repute

ugh. there's probably good info in there, but its a bitch to get thru such a google translation.... there's a good deal of Canadians around here. arnt' y'all kinda good at French? ... i certainly wouldnt expect anyone to propery translate the whole thing; it cant be THAT good. But maybe find the french version and make a compresnible summary in egnlish or somethin, that would be kinda awsome.

im devoured by disbelief : someone in europe, '09 that makes this kind of effort to gether & express info on the game, cant / wont do so in a more globably comprehensive way.

.... serves me right for not paying attention in french class for a good seven years. LOL ... i deem 3:rd languages "hard" to learn. but 2:nd ones (english) arnt, at least not when you have subtitled anglo-saxian television making up a big chunk of pop-culture, rather than voice-overs.. god i hate the notion of voice-overs.

sorry for drifting off topic there. im lazy lately: + rep for anyone who makes a cool summary and / or analysis of the info above.

despite what i said above: thx for the effort & info.

Todie has 911 Posts

Desirable challenges in SC II ? More strategy, less endless juggling of obvious "must-do" actions

MBS unit prod could make MORE sense - - an altered macro mechanic COULD involve actual strategic decision making.
With great sensibility comes great responsibility

pm.gif   

Old 02-09-2009

Canada WolfGangGrimmer
UnitedEarthDirectorate
 WolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatness

Quote:
arnt' y'all kinda good at French?
Only if you're French Canadian...

WolfGangGrimmer has 629 Posts

..... There is only the divinity of mankind. Kill all Xenomorphs.
Hydra-owned

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to WolfGangGrimmer  

Old 02-09-2009

Canada _X_
I wrote in black
 _X_ has become enlightened_X_ has become enlightened_X_ has become enlightened_X_ has become enlightened_X_ has become enlightened_X_ has become enlightened_X_ has become enlightened_X_ has become enlightened_X_ has become enlightened_X_ has become enlightened_X_ has become enlightened

I can do it if you want. I can't do it tonight though cause it's gonna take a while. Tomorrow?

_X_ has 637 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 02-09-2009

United States cameronielsen
BF Member
 cameronielsen is dominating!cameronielsen is dominating!cameronielsen is dominating!cameronielsen is dominating!cameronielsen is dominating!cameronielsen is dominating!cameronielsen is dominating!cameronielsen is dominating!cameronielsen is dominating!cameronielsen is dominating!cameronielsen is dominating!

I minored in French and spent 2 years in a French-speaking country, but I don't know if I have the time...we'll see.

pm.gif   

Old 02-09-2009

Philippine zeratul11
BF Member
 zeratul11 is a model citizenzeratul11 is a model citizenzeratul11 is a model citizenzeratul11 is a model citizenzeratul11 is a model citizenzeratul11 is a model citizen

the zerg is a big disappointment. all i can see are zergling. hydralisk, mutualisk, ultralisk, guardian, and lurker again. wow ery exciting. not. damn these zerg nostalgia. cut some and move on for a better and newer zerg.

why o why there are fewer new zerg units. and kerigan said they continue to evolve, to what?.. roach and baneling(zergling skill). beh xp

pm.gif   

Old 02-09-2009

United States Blazur
Your thoughts betray you
 Blazur has ascended to greatnessBlazur has ascended to greatnessBlazur has ascended to greatnessBlazur has ascended to greatnessBlazur has ascended to greatnessBlazur has ascended to greatnessBlazur has ascended to greatnessBlazur has ascended to greatnessBlazur has ascended to greatnessBlazur has ascended to greatnessBlazur has ascended to greatness

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeratul11 View Post
why o why there are fewer new zerg units. and kerigan said they continue to evolve, to what?.. roach and baneling(zergling skill). beh xp
I know what you mean. Ironically the Zerg appear to be the least evolved out of the three, with very little in terms of new units or mechanics.

Blazur has 396 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 02-09-2009

Canada WolfGangGrimmer
UnitedEarthDirectorate
 WolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatness

Zerg have...

Zergling (probably benefits greatly from creep boost)
Hydralisk
Lurker (larger spine AoE)
Mutalisk
Ultralisk (can now burrow and has cleaving damage)
Swarm Guardian (spawns swarms)

So they have changed a bit. Although mind you I do agree that I would like to see newer stuff.

The Terrans have.
Marine (shield upgrade)
Siege Tank (massive buff, no longer a spam unit, and I love it)
Battlecruiser (the upgrade mechanic, which is awesome as hell, as well as a new attack, the multi-lasers)
Dropship (heals bio)
Ghost (kicks ass now)

Protoss
Zealot (leg enhancements now come with charge)
Carrier... same ol same ol
High Templar (has a couple new abilities)
Dark Templar... same old
Observer... same old

So really, the Protoss have the least changes to their existing units. And all three races have around 5-6 units from the Original.

But yeah, the Protoss make up for it with their awesome mechanics, and the Terran make up for it by actually changing the units drastically.

The Zerg... not so much.

Last edited by WolfGangGrimmer; 02-09-2009 at 11:25 PM.
WolfGangGrimmer has 629 Posts

..... There is only the divinity of mankind. Kill all Xenomorphs.
Hydra-owned

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to WolfGangGrimmer  

Old 02-09-2009

Canada Wankey
BF Member
 Wankey has been here far, far too longWankey has been here far, far too longWankey has been here far, far too longWankey has been here far, far too longWankey has been here far, far too longWankey has been here far, far too longWankey has been here far, far too longWankey has been here far, far too longWankey has been here far, far too longWankey has been here far, far too longWankey has been here far, far too long

Zerg is the biggest disappointment of SC2. They could've completely redid the Zerg race. Evolve everything into the *next* version.

I'm hoping that they've added a lot of new things to the Zerg since its gotten the least media coverage. New units that we don't even know about. They are purposely covering up Zerg info because of that.

pm.gif   

Old 02-09-2009

Malaysia SoFool
The Chinese Cerebrate +)
 SoFool has become enlightenedSoFool has become enlightenedSoFool has become enlightenedSoFool has become enlightenedSoFool has become enlightenedSoFool has become enlightenedSoFool has become enlightenedSoFool has become enlightenedSoFool has become enlightenedSoFool has become enlightenedSoFool has become enlightened

It seems the guy didn't tech the infestor at all , he also thinks corruptors are better than mutas now. Oh crap (0o)

Edit: ultras now has splash dmg too.

SoFool has 384 Posts

Find Humanity ... Assimilate ... Learn ... Evolve.

pm.gif   

Old 02-09-2009

Canada Alex06
Awesome Beyond Awesome
 Alex06 is a name known to allAlex06 is a name known to allAlex06 is a name known to allAlex06 is a name known to allAlex06 is a name known to allAlex06 is a name known to allAlex06 is a name known to allAlex06 is a name known to allAlex06 is a name known to allAlex06 is a name known to allAlex06 is a name known to all

I speak both French and English fluently...Need any translation?
Je suis votre homme, alors!

Alex06 has 881 Posts

Kudos to Arkceangel for the avatar and sig!

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Alex06 Send a message via MSN to Alex06 Send a message via Yahoo to Alex06 

Old 02-10-2009

United States Nicol Bolas
BF Member
 Nicol Bolas has been here far, far too longNicol Bolas has been here far, far too longNicol Bolas has been here far, far too longNicol Bolas has been here far, far too longNicol Bolas has been here far, far too longNicol Bolas has been here far, far too longNicol Bolas has been here far, far too longNicol Bolas has been here far, far too longNicol Bolas has been here far, far too longNicol Bolas has been here far, far too longNicol Bolas has been here far, far too long

Quote:
I'm hoping that they've added a lot of new things to the Zerg since its gotten the least media coverage. New units that we don't even know about. They are purposely covering up Zerg info because of that.
Best to accept reality. They don't have secret units they've been hiding. They haven't been purposely covering up anything about the Zerg. The Zerg are as they are.

"I still haven't heard a reason why clicks spent overcoming interface limitations to build troops are somehow more indicative of skill than clicks spent maneuvering units and using abilities." - SpiderBrigade

pm.gif   

Old 02-10-2009

United States roegi
BF Member
 roegi is a jewel in the roughroegi is a jewel in the roughroegi is a jewel in the rough

So why not Mutalisk Corruptor? Lair because the gas costs 200, that the Spire and Muta coutent such BUT MOSTLY because Mutalisks have ceased to be the same feeling that SC: BW. It seems most of the gargoyles War3. Gone is the magic-box, finished the hit & run ... 6 mutations are engulfed in photons / ca spores therefore not worth to be played in these conditions on this match-up.

That's basically all that stood out to me
T_T

pm.gif   

Old 02-10-2009

Canada Wankey
BF Member
 Wankey has been here far, far too longWankey has been here far, far too longWankey has been here far, far too longWankey has been here far, far too longWankey has been here far, far too longWankey has been here far, far too longWankey has been here far, far too longWankey has been here far, far too longWankey has been here far, far too longWankey has been here far, far too longWankey has been here far, far too long

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicol Bolas View Post
Best to accept reality. They don't have secret units they've been hiding. They haven't been purposely covering up anything about the Zerg. The Zerg are as they are.
Say this again when Beta is released... and then again when Starcraft 2 is released.

I'm sure the Zerg will change a lot. The builds we've seen are pretty old and Dustin himself said Zerg has had a huge rebalance, and they didn't want to show it at Blizzcon because the balance just wasn't great yet.

Last edited by Wankey; 02-10-2009 at 03:30 AM.

pm.gif