Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > StarCraft Discussion

StarCraft Discussion StarCraft & Brood War lie herein.

Old 02-04-2009

United States The Hawaiian
Ua mau ke ea o ka ʻāina i
 The Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too much
Default Terran vs Zerg strategy

Well I've come up with a new strategy for TvZ I've pretty much perfected it and so far I've gone 7-0 on iccup with it. It takes advantage of overconfident zergs who feel pretty safe in the early game so expand wherever they want and don't usually have too many units guarding their main. When I say "taking advantage" I mean in the same way that a 7 pool can be devastating if your not ready for it. It's more of a tricking the player type thing because they are not used to seeing it, like meching for example.

If I could find a damned way to post the replays I would, anybody got some webspace?

I always use this same build too, and I think it will keep working until people start catching on. It's actually kind of confusing but the main thing is you have to make sure the zerg doesn't scout you, keep an scv at the ramp and hold it with rines.

I use unconventional strategies in every game actually, they work because people don't expect them, you are pretty much taking advantage of other peoples complacency and expectations. My style is decidedly 2v2 because these would be pretty much "standard builds" in 2v2 but I somehow make them work in 1v1 because its so unexpected. My biggest fear is that people will start to prepare for this strategy and it won't work anymore.

The Hawaiian has 8,445 Posts

"The Khala awaits me, and though I fear not death, you will not find me easy prey."

pm.gif   

Old 02-04-2009

Canada Staind
 Staind is unstoppable!Staind is unstoppable!Staind is unstoppable!Staind is unstoppable!Staind is unstoppable!Staind is unstoppable!Staind is unstoppable!Staind is unstoppable!Staind is unstoppable!Staind is unstoppable!Staind is unstoppable!

We can only really comment if there is a replay ... or you could describe the strategy?

But 7-0 versus Iccup D users doesn't mean anything. I could probably proxy gate and go 7-0 every single game.

Staind has 526 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 02-04-2009

United States john_dough
 john_dough has a brilliant futurejohn_dough has a brilliant futurejohn_dough has a brilliant futurejohn_dough has a brilliant futurejohn_dough has a brilliant futurejohn_dough has a brilliant futurejohn_dough has a brilliant futurejohn_dough has a brilliant futurejohn_dough has a brilliant futurejohn_dough has a brilliant futurejohn_dough has a brilliant future

www.repdepot.net for your reps.

john_dough has 220 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 02-04-2009

The Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too much

Thanks John. As always you da man~~

http://repdepot.net/replay.php?id=7430

This guy saw it coming but was helpless to stop it.

http://www.repdepot.net/replay.php?id=7431

In this one, his lings still got past cuz I didn't have the scv right. But at this point its too late I'm already commited to the build. Perhaps he didn't see the starport and thought I was gonna do a tank push?

http://repdepot.net/replay.php?id=7432

This guy just gave up even though he managed to scout my starport.

http://repdepot.net/replay.php?id=7433

Not sure didnt watch this one

http://repdepot.net/replay.php?id=7434

Heres proof that this still works even if they are not close to you, in fact it's better because they are less likely to scout you from afar with OL. From here you will note that it's pretty risky because he could have attacked me and destroyed my base at one point, however I could have taken out his too, and I could just float my buildings elsewhere while he's pretty much fucked. It's all about tricking the other guy, he could attack but he doesn't know whether my tanks will take him out and how many units I have in the main. It takes advantage of terran ability to turtle and protect main. When in doubt make a bunker or multiple bunkers. Zergs usually won't try to attack if they see 2-3 bunkers this early in the game.

I've used this strategy in every, single, game against zerg so far on iccup and it works. But it won't last long, pretty soon people will catch on and it won't work anymore (thats when you trick them by block your ramp, and make 3 barracks. They will think "oh he's blocking his ramp he must be hiding his gas production" when really your massing marines and going straight up the middle. Try it out!

edit: Heres another TvZ this ones pretty damn good if I might say so myself. 2nd or 3rd game on Destination.

http://repdepot.net/replay.php?id=7437

edit: Heres one more, this was in my 2nd week back from my long break. This one is not using the new strategy instead I just rushed him right up the middle.

http://repdepot.net/replay.php?id=7438

Last edited by The Hawaiian; 02-04-2009 at 01:09 PM.

"The Khala awaits me, and though I fear not death, you will not find me easy prey."

pm.gif   

Old 02-04-2009

Wow john that website is awesome thank you so much. I just can't stop now!

Here is my first time playing Destination. It's proof that you can play a map for the first time just by preview and still win. Terran vs Protoss

http://repdepot.net/replay.php?id=7435

Here is a TvT if anyone enjoys watching those. I started with a pretty risky build because I hadn't played BW in about a year prior to this, this is entirely from memory.

http://repdepot.net/replay.php?id=7436

Here is my Protoss, I opened with my standard 2v2 build against a Terran and it actually worked, funny.

http://repdepot.net/replay.php?id=7439

Here is my 2nd or 3rd game on Blue Storm. I fucking hate this map. That stupid little opening confuses the shit out of my units and since my micro sucks it just fucks up my whole game. It's a TvT enjoy

http://repdepot.net/replay.php?id=7444

here is another TvZ this time without using that strat.

Last edited by The Hawaiian; 02-04-2009 at 02:02 PM.

pm.gif   

Old 02-04-2009

United States roegi
BF Member
 roegi is a jewel in the roughroegi is a jewel in the roughroegi is a jewel in the rough

Does this happen to be tank rush into mnm/tank drop?
D level zergs are really really bad; most of them just 3hatch ling or try (but fail) to play standardly
I'll go watch a rep <_<

Edit: The zergs were really bad
Most of them got their spire really late x_x
1rax drop is actually pretty old (boxer used to do this occasionally, before everyone started going mutas), and nowadays it's a lot weaker because of the muta opening (you have to kill the spire before it finishes, because if it does, you're completely screwed because you have 1 rax and like 5-10 marines at home)

Last edited by roegi; 02-04-2009 at 07:40 PM.

pm.gif   

Old 02-04-2009

That can be countered by building 2 more rax instead of expanding, or alternatively you could get a bay and make turrets, or you could make a bunker by your cc. The drop isn't really expected to kill the zergs main, just set them back enough. You are really just trying to kill drones and whatever else you can while setting up for the main push up the middle.

It's more of a distraction because Zerg has to mass units, it's hard for them to split up units so if they protect the front you can keep dropping but if they keep units back you can push up the middle. You can also drop while you are pushing up the middle to keep em guessing.

And admittedly these aren't the greatest players in the world but I've been a D for 2 days and I've gone 7-0 with this strategy, now I'm at 1963 points.

pm.gif   

Old 02-04-2009

United Kingdom Nytefish
葬禮快樂
 Nytefish has much to be proud ofNytefish has much to be proud ofNytefish has much to be proud ofNytefish has much to be proud ofNytefish has much to be proud ofNytefish has much to be proud ofNytefish has much to be proud ofNytefish has much to be proud ofNytefish has much to be proud ofNytefish has much to be proud of

Yeah this build and the 2rax version (slower, but much more units) were fun to do back when zergs loved the 3hatch muta with 4 or more sunkens.

D players are so fun to mess around with though, stuff like scout rush, nuke rush, 4 probe rush actually works on them. Although usually they end up calling me a newb basher and some other harsher profanities.

Nytefish has 702 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 02-04-2009

Well you're probably a lot better than me now (but I gurantee I was better than you at one point!) but I think once I get to C I'll start getting a 50% win/loss ratio. Right now it's easy flyin

pm.gif   

Old 02-04-2009

United Kingdom Nytefish
葬禮快樂
 Nytefish has much to be proud ofNytefish has much to be proud ofNytefish has much to be proud ofNytefish has much to be proud ofNytefish has much to be proud ofNytefish has much to be proud ofNytefish has much to be proud ofNytefish has much to be proud ofNytefish has much to be proud ofNytefish has much to be proud of

Don't fall into the common mistake of extrapolating your rank this early on
There is a sudden jump in skill level from D+ to C-.
C- to C+ is also quite a difference.

Nytefish has 702 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 02-04-2009

Default Re: Terran vs Zerg strategy

lol just wondering is there an F?

pm.gif   

Old 02-05-2009

So are there any C's here or above? Whats everyones rank?

pm.gif   

Old 02-05-2009

United States john_dough
 john_dough has a brilliant futurejohn_dough has a brilliant futurejohn_dough has a brilliant futurejohn_dough has a brilliant futurejohn_dough has a brilliant futurejohn_dough has a brilliant futurejohn_dough has a brilliant futurejohn_dough has a brilliant futurejohn_dough has a brilliant futurejohn_dough has a brilliant futurejohn_dough has a brilliant future

im 1 game from C but i haven't played in awhile, or well i stick to 2v2 really

john_dough has 220 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 02-05-2009

United Kingdom Nytefish
葬禮快樂

I'm only just C atm.

Nytefish has 702 Posts

pm.gif