Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > StarCraft Discussion

StarCraft Discussion StarCraft & Brood War lie herein.

Old 01-30-2009

United States SpaceDominator
BF's Poolmeister
 SpaceDominator is made of winSpaceDominator is made of winSpaceDominator is made of winSpaceDominator is made of winSpaceDominator is made of winSpaceDominator is made of winSpaceDominator is made of winSpaceDominator is made of winSpaceDominator is made of winSpaceDominator is made of winSpaceDominator is made of win
Default BGN Invitational 7

It's that time of year again, it's time for a friendly little BGN Invitational Tournament. This will be the seventh edition of this semi-annual event that I have held and we've remarkably only had two winners, Kilahace and SC:S's very own... SuperKiller. The thing that has made the BGN Invitationals a bit more unique is that they are a little bit larger in scale and we've traditionally broadcast the championship series live.

Anyways though, check out the full details about the event and how to sign up at:
http://www.swoopzone.net/bgninv7/

Anyone from BlizzForums is invited to participate. Just leave your bm at the door.
-SpaceDominator

SpaceDominator has 729 Posts

pm.gif Send a message via ICQ to SpaceDominator Send a message via AIM to SpaceDominator  

Old 01-30-2009

United States The Hawaiian
Ua mau ke ea o ka ʻāina i
 The Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too much

I can play 15th of February.

The Hawaiian has 8,445 Posts

"The Khala awaits me, and though I fear not death, you will not find me easy prey."

pm.gif   

Old 01-30-2009

BF's Poolmeister
 SpaceDominator is made of winSpaceDominator is made of winSpaceDominator is made of winSpaceDominator is made of winSpaceDominator is made of winSpaceDominator is made of winSpaceDominator is made of winSpaceDominator is made of winSpaceDominator is made of winSpaceDominator is made of winSpaceDominator is made of win

Signups:
Very simple, send me an e-mail at kevin.mccrumb@gmail.com, letting me know which of the two group dates will work best for you. Please let me know if there is one date that will absolutely NOT work for you. If necessary, we can shift the dates around to have two groups on the first day and one on the second, etc... It just depends on the availability of our group.

The two group dates are again:
Sunday, February 8th and Sunday, February 15th

pm.gif Send a message via ICQ to SpaceDominator Send a message via AIM to SpaceDominator  

Old 01-30-2009

United Kingdom Nytefish
葬禮快樂
 Nytefish has much to be proud ofNytefish has much to be proud ofNytefish has much to be proud ofNytefish has much to be proud ofNytefish has much to be proud ofNytefish has much to be proud ofNytefish has much to be proud ofNytefish has much to be proud ofNytefish has much to be proud ofNytefish has much to be proud of

Oh nice, the times are pretty good for europeans, but my schedule is too unpredictable so I guess I'll cheer on SK to win it again

Nytefish has 702 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 01-31-2009

United States roegi
BF Member
 roegi is a jewel in the roughroegi is a jewel in the roughroegi is a jewel in the rough

:O! nice
Can I suggest you add:
Gas-stacked workers not allowed
Turret Stalling not allowed
to the rules? =S

pm.gif   

Old 01-31-2009

BF's Poolmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by roegi View Post
Can I suggest you add:
to the rules? =S
Yeah, that's a bit of my laziness as I was just using part of my old tournament format stuff for that section. :P To me though, considering that I have a pretty good idea of each person who is going to be participating in this, I'm not extremely worried about people consistently manipulating things just to win. We're looking for good games, not good manipulations.

If I made this public for the entire SC community, I would have a list of every possible bug ever known to man in the game of SC.

That's sort of the advantage of making it an "invitational" tournament. You know who you're going to get.

Old 01-31-2009

United States roegi
BF Member
 roegi is a jewel in the roughroegi is a jewel in the roughroegi is a jewel in the rough

Can I signup here via PM or post? >_>
I can't make it on the 8th for sure
Edit: Fixed on next page, can only make it on the 8th

Last edited by roegi; 02-02-2009 at 08:02 PM.

pm.gif   

Old 01-31-2009

The Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too much

Quote:
Can I suggest you add:
to the rules? =S
Could you elaborate on that please?

"The Khala awaits me, and though I fear not death, you will not find me easy prey."

pm.gif   

Old 01-31-2009

United States roegi
BF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hawaiian View Post
Could you elaborate on that please?
The first one makes workers move around while stacked (like the old hydra/ling stack glitch, but with workers)
The second one freezes up missile turrets

Last edited by roegi; 01-31-2009 at 04:17 PM.

pm.gif   

Old 01-31-2009

Romania Benny
 Benny has a reputation beyond reputeBenny has a reputation beyond reputeBenny has a reputation beyond reputeBenny has a reputation beyond reputeBenny has a reputation beyond reputeBenny has a reputation beyond reputeBenny has a reputation beyond reputeBenny has a reputation beyond reputeBenny has a reputation beyond reputeBenny has a reputation beyond reputeBenny has a reputation beyond repute

I'm in!

Benny has 388 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to Benny Send a message via Yahoo to Benny 

Old 02-01-2009

Quote:
The first one makes workers move around while stacked (like the old hydra/ling stack glitch, but with workers)
The second one freezes up missile turrets
The missile turret thing what do you mean by that? What is "stalling?" How do you do it?:

pm.gif   

Old 02-01-2009

United Kingdom Nytefish
葬禮快樂
 Nytefish has much to be proud ofNytefish has much to be proud ofNytefish has much to be proud ofNytefish has much to be proud ofNytefish has much to be proud ofNytefish has much to be proud ofNytefish has much to be proud ofNytefish has much to be proud ofNytefish has much to be proud ofNytefish has much to be proud of

You move an observer onto the turret. It freezes because, if you look at how the turret shooting animation works, it can't aim at something that small directly on top of it.

Nytefish has 702 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 02-01-2009

BF's Poolmeister

Quote:
Can I signup here via PM or post? >_>
I can't make it on the 8th for sure
I'll put you down for the 15th.
-SpaceDominator

Old 02-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nytefish View Post
You move an observer onto the turret. It freezes because, if you look at how the turret shooting animation works, it can't aim at something that small directly on top of it.
Oh ok, I see after 5 years the blizzard team still has not addressed this issue. People have been doing that shit since before replays, I can't believe it still works. When you said "stalling" I thought that you prevent it from building or something like that.

Before it used to just not kill the observer on top of it but if the obs moved or if another observer came it would kill it. The turret itself still worked, it just couldn't get the one observer that was stuck there while it was building.

pm.gif   

Old 02-02-2009

United States roegi
BF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hawaiian View Post
Oh ok, I see after 5 years the blizzard team still has not addressed this issue. People have been doing that shit since before replays, I can't believe it still works. When you said "stalling" I thought that you prevent it from building or something like that.

Before it used to just not kill the observer on top of it but if the obs moved or if another observer came it would kill it. The turret itself still worked, it just couldn't get the one observer that was stuck there while it was building.
I doubt it's a simple fix or Blizzard would've patched it already
Either way, you can kill it manually; it's just really annoying to have to spam stop for ten seconds

pm.gif