Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > Warcraft Discussion & Strategy

Warcraft Discussion & Strategy Research and Discuss to Win.

Old 01-07-2009

United States Waffen
Retired Legendary Troll
 Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!
Default Possible Future WoW Zones

This may have been posted before, but I figure it deserves a repost. This itself was posted back around when TBC was released and so far it seems very accurate about future expansions and where WoW could be heading to over the next few years.

- Draenor Set

Azuremyst Isle - 1 to 10
Bloodmyrk Isle - 10 to 20

Eversong Forest - 1 to 10
Quel'thalas - 10 to 20
Hellfire Peninsula - 58 to 62
Zangarmarsh - 60 to 64
Terokkar Forest - 61 to 65
The Deadlands - 63 to 67
Nagrand - 64 to 68
Blade's Edge Mountains - 66 to 70
Netherstorm - 67 to 70
Shadowmoon Valley - 69 to 70

- Northrend Set

Borean Tundra - 67 to 70
Howling Fjord - 67 to 70
Dragonblight - 69 to 72
Grizzly Hills - 70 to 73
Crystalsong Forest - 72 to 75
Zul'drak - 73 to 76
Sholazar Basin - 75 to 79
Storm Peaks - 76 to 80
Icecrown Glacier - 78 to 80

- Maelstrom Set

Gilneas - 77 to 80
Grim Batol - 78 to 81
Kul Tiras - 79 to 82
Kezan - 81 to 86
Tel Abim - 83 to 85
Zandalar - 84 to 87
Plunder Isle - 86 to 88
The Broken Isles - 87 to 90
The Maelstrom - 89 to 90

- Plane Set

Pandaria - 1 to 10
Hiji - 10 to 20

Wolfenhold - 1 to 10
Xorothian Plains - 10 to 20

The Green Lands - 88 to 91
The Dying Paradise - 91 to 94
The Emerald Nightmare - 94 to 97
The Eye of Ysera - 97 to 100

Deephome - 88 to 91
Skywall - 91 to 94
The Abyssal Maw - 94 to 97
The Firelands - 97 to 100

- Legion Set

K'aresh - 96 to 99
Argus Meadowlands - 97 to 100
Mac'Aree - 99 to 100
Maw of Oblivion - 100+
The Burning Citadel - 100+++

You can look up the Zones in www.wowwiki.com and you gonna find some background material what is allready in the Warcraft Lore since longer than 2003 if you can believe the forum posts.

The artist formally known as Dark Templar, Dunedain and Warlock.

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Waffen  

Old 01-08-2009

United States Speedy
BF Member
 Speedy is just really niceSpeedy is just really niceSpeedy is just really niceSpeedy is just really nice

I was hoping they were going to add pandas into TBC but it didn't happen. I just wish they'd add more shit into the game with the actual expansion instead of patching it in later...

Speedy has 5 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 01-08-2009

United States the.raven
BF Member
 the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!

did you make that shit up or is there actually credibility.

also are they actually gonna kill off the lich king in WoLtK? thats really lame, hes supposed to be one of the most powerful figures in warcraft lore and the entire warcraft 3 was about him.

the.raven has 1,016 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 01-08-2009

United States GenocideAlive
You Want My Shoes?
 GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...

All signs point to yes. They killed off literally every other major character in the WCIII lore save for acting leaders of races. I'm gathering that they plan another installment of the FPS that will develop the new story arc, then drop the pack after the expansion.

Hero Classes - DK (80), PoTM (90), DH (100)

I'd be willing to bet.

GenocideAlive has 2,277 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 01-08-2009

Canada Bred
Ich Bin Brot
 Bred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulz

POTM is too night elvish in nature, imo. I agree the next hero class needs to be healing oriented, but I don't think a POTM is the right fit. Something like a Shadow Hunter would be a better fit I think, what with the next expansion likely involving the Dream.

Bred has 8,696 Posts

i got atm machines for testicles..go me.. - Demon

pm.gif   

Old 01-08-2009

BlizzForums Neo
Boo!
 Neo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulz

I'd like to see Mount Hyjal opened as a real zone, I would assume that this would happen around the same time as an Emerald Dream expansion, whcih is another 'zone' i'd like to see unveiled.

However there are some other old world areas mentioned that I think need to be reiterated, such as Grim Batol (what's going on down there?) and Gilneas (lolol they forgot about them!), as well as the various oddball areas that aren't defined yet or are still sectioned off.

The other zones that hit 80-100 are just insane honestly. Grasping at straws and all that.

There are a ton of things that blizzard has stated they'd 'like' to open up, or add, or detail but have never got around to it. Take the Emerald Dream for instance -- way way back in '01 one of them said they had something really cool in store for druids/ED, but it never happened did it?

Kul Tiras, Gilneas, Grim Batol are all areas I'd love to see added, if for no other reason then for their lore value. Modern Mt. Hyjal should be added, those portals scattered all over the world should do something other then tantalize us, and why haven't we gotten to see ANY pandarans? Honestly they started off as a joke, but eventual evolved into their own. You would think that they'd have put them into the game -- Northrend almost seemed like the perfect area for that to happen but it didn't.

This list assumes Pandarans might be a new race, along with the werewolf things -- while interesting, I strongly doubt either. Adding Pandarans as a playable race would remove some of their mystery. And those werewolf ideas have been floating around forever -- if you want to play one, go play a druid in D2, srsly.

>.> ok sorry for rambling. I love exploring and all the closed off areas of wow are just so annoying honestly.

Neo has 10,110 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Neo Send a message via MSN to Neo Send a message via Yahoo to Neo 

Old 01-09-2009

United States Waffen
Retired Legendary Troll
 Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.raven View Post
did you make that shit up or is there actually credibility.

also are they actually gonna kill off the lich king in WoLtK? thats really lame, hes supposed to be one of the most powerful figures in warcraft lore and the entire warcraft 3 was about him.
Think of it this way. This was posted back when TBC was around the bend for release. It was nearly accurate for TBC (The Deadlands being Auchindoun) and Northrend was dead on accurate. As mentioned too most of those zones can already be found on WoW Wiki and read about through the RPG Game Board Lore Stamp thingys.

Regarding hero classes I could see possibly a DPS Class being released for The South Seas (Possibly a Treasure Hunter?), Keeper of the Grove (Healer) and an Elemental Summoner (Magic/Pet Oriented DPS Class) for the Planes Set, and a Demon Hunter (Fist Weapon DPS Class) for the Legion Set.

Last edited by Waffen; 01-09-2009 at 12:33 AM.

Old 01-09-2009

Canada Meteora
Sniper in the mist
 Meteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supreme

I want to see Emerald Dreams and Panadaria in the few next expansions.

Meteora has 12,746 Posts

: : : : [StarCraft 2 Forums Veteran] : : : : [Call of Duty 4 Hardcore Player] : : : : [Proud To Be Canadian] : : : :

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to Meteora  

Old 01-09-2009

Australia blue.rellik
is a double-bagger
 blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!

Do you think there might be another Warcraft RTS or will SC be the RTS and Warcraft will be the mmo?

blue.rellik has 10,518 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to blue.rellik  

Old 01-09-2009

BlizzForums Neo
Boo!
 Neo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulz

I would've figured that while Warcraft IV might've been planned, with the massive success of WoW, it seems unecessary. However considering that WoW is only just now reaching northrend then perhaps there might be a split for Warcraft IV, and then do a WoW II or something.

Neo has 10,110 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Neo Send a message via MSN to Neo Send a message via Yahoo to Neo 

Old 01-10-2009

United States Waffen
Retired Legendary Troll

I've read somewhere that their already working on Warcraft IV, but its nothing serious yet.

Old 01-10-2009

Canada Meteora
Sniper in the mist
 Meteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supreme

I'm pretty sure there will be a WarCraft IV. The question is when will Blizzard get onto making a new IP rather than stick with WarCraft, Diablo and StarCraft.

Meteora has 12,746 Posts

: : : : [StarCraft 2 Forums Veteran] : : : : [Call of Duty 4 Hardcore Player] : : : : [Proud To Be Canadian] : : : :

Old 01-10-2009

United States Waffen
Retired Legendary Troll

Why make a new one when the current ones are selling millions of copies?

Old 01-10-2009

Canada Meteora
Sniper in the mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waffen View Post
Why make a new one when the current ones are selling millions of copies?
Because you can only milk so much out of a franchise. Blizzard is heading for a conservative stance, holding onto what they've got and rolling in with it. Yes, lots of people are happy with the three series, but that doesn't mean that it's the only installments they can make. It isn't a problem now seeing how they like to take their time between each game release for polishing but it might become one later on when their workforce grows bigger.

I want Blizzard to amaze me with a new IP and make me look forward with. They still can amaze us with their games and turning them into different genres (such as WarCraft having a MMO) but a new IP will be due sometime in the future. They've have been working on different IPs but those were scraped in the past.

Meteora has 12,746 Posts

Old 01-10-2009

BlizzForums Neo
Boo!

I don't know about you but I love all three of their franchises, which is a lot more then other companies can claim.

Every game that Blizzard has released -- even expansions -- have been best sellers. Why do some of you claim they have to come up with a new IP to succeed? I would say the success of WoW pretty much denounces any arguement along those lines. Millions play, millions will continue playing it. I'm looking forward to SC2 and D3, why would I want them to split their attention on something else just so I have to wait even longer?

If sports fanatics get new maddens every year, then I can wait for a new SC/WC/Diablo game every few years >.>;;

I love their games, I'd rather it be quality over quantity.

Neo has 10,110 Posts