Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > Warcraft Discussion & Strategy

Warcraft Discussion & Strategy Research and Discuss to Win.

Old 01-29-2009

Canada Bred
Ich Bin Brot
 Bred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulz

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenocideAlive View Post
Isn't that true for all classes? I don't really know of a class that's "mash one button, get max dps" since 3.0.
Mages, HAT rogues, Retadins.

I don't know, this whole complex rotation think is kind of boggling to a person that leveled two mages to seventy.

My rotation consisted of scorch x 5 - > fireball x 3 -> scorch x1 rinse + repeat w/ trinkets here and there.

Bred has 8,696 Posts

i got atm machines for testicles..go me.. - Demon

pm.gif   

Old 01-29-2009

United States Blackhand
BF Member
 Blackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightened

just wait until they make Pyro's dot increase fireball/fireblast damage and you get to work that in there.

Or something like that. And put a cooldown on Pyro.

Yes Friends. Act now. Destroy Unicron!
Kill The Grand Rhubarb!
Eliminate Even The Toughest Stains!

-Utterred by Wreck-Gar, the Junkion leader, upon departing for the final battle with Unicron at Cybertron.

pm.gif   

Old 01-30-2009

BlizzForums Neo
Boo!
 Neo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulz

whats up with mages. i was being crited for like 7-8k without a mage casting anything -- that means the crits are usually like 11-12k normally? what the fuck is that?

I have no defense against that, i had a mage keep up with me via blink alone and kill me within 5 seconds -- and I'm sorry but 25k hp + barkskin shouldn't be that easy to burn through. My favorite was being stunned and still taking 7k damage.

Then again I just hate WSG, I'm gonna max out my marks for WSG and never set foot in there again. I just don't understand why balance for mages = giving them instant 6k+ damage spells, at least with a Lock or S.Priest I know a big blast is coming because of the dots. Honestly though this has always been a failing of the feral druid, spell damage pretty much eats us up anyway.

wtb spell reflect plz.

can't even disable the mage since most spam slow (that has no CD LOL) and/or just blink away if I even get in range to.

honestly can't believe that people complained about berserk making us immune to CC for 15 seconds in the beta. a feral's 51pt talent is, basically, worse then a bm hunter's 31pt. You know the "can be used while feared" bit? It can't be used during psychic scream. In fact the only time one can use it for a warlocks fear. I think it might also works on that warrior skill, but basically berserk counters only warlocks lol.

Neo has 10,110 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Neo Send a message via MSN to Neo Send a message via Yahoo to Neo 

Old 01-30-2009

United States GenocideAlive
You Want My Shoes?
 GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...

Well, since WotLK, I have hit people for 10k+ in PvP, and I've been hit for 7k with 400 resil by a Warrior's Execute. The damage has gone up, and sometimes we forget that the HP we have has gone up, too. I can recall getting hit for like 5k with no resil in BC, so that seems in keeping with power scaling.

As far as the instant huge damage thing, you have to take it in stride, much like a Mage has to take Cloak of Shadows in stride. POM Pyro is once every three minutes, so it's not spammable. Plus, if it doesn't crit, it's not such a great spell. It's kind of a one-trick pony.

Your objective is to get the drop on them via Stealth in Kitty form and get as much burst damage in as possible. When they Iceblock (which they will do, rest assured), you have to park it right behind them. When they drop Iceblock, they'll Frost Nova and Blink. That's your cue to switch to Cheetah (breaking Ice), turn 180, and book it. They're going to be running away thinking you're going to chase, but when they see you've turned around, they're going to have to stop what they're doing and chase YOU. Because once you're out of combat, Kitty form, Stealth. Turn back around.

The mage will start hopping and blasting AoE spells and you just stand out of range and wait. And wait. And wait. He'll eventually catch on that A. He's wasting a shitton of mana or B. Think that you're gone. Then he'll turn back to whatever objective he was previously pursuing, and that's when you Leap Pounce him and he's standing with his shorts around his ankles from Hypothermia. You hit Pounce, Shred, switch to caster and cast Roots. He'll see the Pounce, Blink, and turn to see what you're doing and by the time he catches on, it's too late. He's in roots and he has no Blink to get out. If he trinkets, good. He'll have nothing to get out of Maim. Switch to Bear, Charge, Mangle, and Bash him. Switch to Kitty, Berserk, and Destroy.

Infected Wounds, Bleeds, Hypothermia, GG.

GenocideAlive has 2,277 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 01-31-2009

United States TheRabidDeer
Voting independent
 TheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of win

Its too bad its arcane barrage which crits for 7k+ and not PoM pyro. Its even worse that arcane barrage only has a 3 second cooldown. Worse still is that the strategy you post wont work (aside from the fact that he can still counterspell your roots immediately after the blink since it has no GCD, it has other flaws) :P

If the mage ice blocks, the odds are high he will macro cancel ice block + instant invis, which means you cant see him and hes far away. If hes any good he will drop early so you cant restealth and just slow + instant spam (arcane barrage -> fire blast -> arcane barrage -> ice lance/CoC -> arcane barrage -> fire blast etc).

As a druid, if you cant get him to blink when you have feral charge up, youre screwed.

Take the power from the parties and vote independent in 2008.

pm.gif   

Old 01-31-2009

BlizzForums Neo
Boo!
 Neo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulz

Yeah even when pulling a berserk i can't burst down a mage anymore -- i've actually had one rape me within a few moments by doing nothing except spamming slow at me so i had to power shift.

My favorite are the mages acting like they're not completely OP, trying to claim they're glass cannons and shit (ice block, blink, slow, f.nova?) lawl. I'm fine if I get rolled -- generally this happens because I'm not as skilled in pvp, and I play a feral (I also don't rely on the FB -- though there are times...) so I'm used to being a bit gimped, but jesus.

I pulled a Surv Instincts, Barkskin, and Frenzied Regen (besides my rage starving in PVP, which i don't get all) a mage out damaged my heals -- even when I got stunned by a nearby rogue (was trying to swipe/hold a flag as long as possible). I actually died before FR finished which after I swapped out to use that FR glyph never happens in a BG barring a massive group targeting me (I'm going to die, but 10 seconds can make a difference by swipe-spamming the flag...) -- but holy fuck. I took like 6-7.8k damage multiple times in the span of like 5 seconds.

I've respeced again and have dropped improved shred or whatever so I could pickup master shapeshifter, while shred was awesome, I rarely had time to use it (hitbox being tiny/wanting to apply IW/personal failure/etc...) anyway. I also dropped Nurturing Instincts so I'll respec again because i miss it already. Wish feral wasn't so fucking bloated. Finding it difficult to take the talents I want while still keeping the required talents.

I suppose I could drop 3 points from resto and drop them into NI and SI, but I'd also loose 6% damage. Meh idfk.

mages bitching about ferals are just idiots as far as i'm concerned. to pull off our LOL bite we have to have SR up, and have five combos on you, and full energy. last i checked all you have to do is jump around and spam an instant cast.

pure balance. wish i had a bubble.

Neo has 10,110 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Neo Send a message via MSN to Neo Send a message via Yahoo to Neo 

Old 01-31-2009

You Want My Shoes?
 GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRabidDeer View Post
Its too bad its arcane barrage which crits for 7k+ and not PoM pyro. Its even worse that arcane barrage only has a 3 second cooldown. Worse still is that the strategy you post wont work (aside from the fact that he can still counterspell your roots immediately after the blink since it has no GCD, it has other flaws) :P
I never claimed it was failproof; it's merely a strategy that worked for me. I'm not entirely sure what you have to gain by denigrating my suggestions, especially considering you apparently need them so badly. Or do you just simply stop moving when a Mage attacks you because you "know" you'll inevitably lose?

Honestly I can't fathom why you have any vested interest in silencing helpful suggestions, especially considering you are basing it on that Neo was referring to Arcane Barrage, when he stated "without casting anything", which to me means "without channeling or a castbar". A earlier poster had made a remark about POM Pyro, and thus my comments. But permit me to stand aside, so you can declare the situation hopeless, unopposed.

pm.gif   

Old 01-31-2009

United States TheRabidDeer
Voting independent
 TheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of win

Quote:
I never claimed it was failproof; it's merely a strategy that worked for me. I'm not entirely sure what you have to gain by denigrating my suggestions, especially considering you apparently need them so badly. Or do you just simply stop moving when a Mage attacks you because you "know" you'll inevitably lose?

Honestly I can't fathom why you have any vested interest in silencing helpful suggestions, especially considering you are basing it on that Neo was referring to Arcane Barrage, when he stated "without casting anything", which to me means "without channeling or a castbar". A earlier poster had made a remark about POM Pyro, and thus my comments. But permit me to stand aside, so you can declare the situation hopeless, unopposed.
I never said it was hopeless. I also never said I need any help. Some fights you win against a mage, some fights you lose. They are highly RNG and at the same time there is a finesse with their class. Bad mages are easy, good mages are an uphill battle (but not impossible). But, I am merely pointing out the flaws in your suggestions, since I have a ridiculously huge amount of experience playing as a druid I think its important to note flaws when advice is given for my main class.

Arcane barrage also has no cast bar or channeling bar, it is an instant cast like fire blast, and it crits for obscene amounts. Arcane Barrage is precisely why people think arcane is OP, they destroy most all melee because they cast and move at the same time, with blink/nova/ice block/invis at their disposal as well.

Take the power from the parties and vote independent in 2008.

pm.gif   

Old 02-01-2009

Canada KP
Words Will Never Hurt You
 KP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too muchKP might just love this place a little bit too much

Playing a mage since day one I can safely say that at no time in WoW has the class ever had such high dps combined with survivability. There are some things that all mages would like fixed and some tree changes that would mean you don't have to invest in all 3 for almost any build but other than that they listened to us bitch in TBC about being useless in raids and made the mage a decent dps class with some of the best support spells in the game for casters now.

I'm not gonna lie I love the fact that raid builds can be so much more diverse now and it isn't like GROUP 1 WARRIORS + PRIEST + SHAMMY GROUP 2 LOCKS + SP GROUP 3 MAGES + OOMKIN GROUP 4 you get what I mean, you can actually play with the different groups and have fun making combos on a boss that maybe no one has ever done.

KP has 9,752 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to KP Send a message via MSN to KP  

Old 02-01-2009

United States Blackhand
BF Member
 Blackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightened

I'm just happy that even though they nerfed warlocks pretty much into the ground I still have useful items to bring, so I keep getting a raid invite.

Yes Friends. Act now. Destroy Unicron!
Kill The Grand Rhubarb!
Eliminate Even The Toughest Stains!

-Utterred by Wreck-Gar, the Junkion leader, upon departing for the final battle with Unicron at Cybertron.

pm.gif   

Old 02-01-2009

BlizzForums Neo
Boo!

I've been getting rolled by really good locks lately, I don't know if anything's changed but some of them seem to be really difficult to catch off guard. Generally though when one tries to fear it's like a free kill... if only berserk was useful for more then just warlocks lol.

Also I can't imagine anyone giving up a lock's utility -- even if they aren't as awesome as they were or whatever. soulstones, healthstones, summoning (whenever that gets fixed), etc... I also read that they were going to look at shards and consider changing them one idea being a "major change to warlock playstyle" or something.

Besides that I love being able to solo group quests, I could do it on the druid, but with the lock it's like LOL GROUP?

Last edited by Neo; 02-01-2009 at 01:09 PM.
Neo has 10,110 Posts

Old 02-01-2009

Canada Meteora
Sniper in the mist
 Meteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
Besides that I love being able to solo group quests, I could do it on the druid, but with the lock it's like LOL GROUP?
Huntards are bigger on that than Warlocks. It's because there's more of em and a lot of them solo until level 80 where they begin to learn about raids. Since they only have like, one or two buttons to mash to get high DPS up they never need to learn how to trap or use their other utilities. They get bad reputation for that.

Meteora has 12,746 Posts

: : : : [StarCraft 2 Forums Veteran] : : : : [Call of Duty 4 Hardcore Player] : : : : [Proud To Be Canadian] : : : :

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to Meteora  

Old 02-03-2009

You Want My Shoes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
I've been getting rolled by really good locks lately, I don't know if anything's changed but some of them seem to be really difficult to catch off guard. Generally though when one tries to fear it's like a free kill... if only berserk was useful for more then just warlocks lol.
Heh. You seem to make a weird distinction here. But anyway, the key with Warlocks is preparation. I can't really think of a class that I'll lose to if I'm prepared. We have a directed Mage Blink now, which is tremendously useful if set up properly. The Healthstones are a HUGE PvP boon especially for Destruction Warlocks (because they crit). Death Coil and Fear are great for situational stuff. Lots of times it's just a matter of waiting out someone's Immunity mechanic then fucking them HARD with it. It's a common newb mistake for people to just blow it as soon as they get in range and start trying to kill something. You just run away from your Blink portal, then Blink and run the opposite way and they lose precious seconds reorienting and catching up. As soon as their Berzerk drops, Death Coil, Fear, DESTROY.

Usually in arenas, the first thing I do is scope the team and pull out the proper pet. Hunters and Melee, Voidwalker. Spell, Fel Hunter. This is usually pretty easy, because I have HP bars always-on, and by hovering over the bar I can see the classes, etc. Dumbasses still try to pillar hide thinking that we don't know what they are or something, and it just gives me more time to whip out the appropriate pet. A Voidwalker Sacrifice is around 10k HP melee damage absorbed, talented.

10K HP healthstone crit, 10k HP sacrifice buff, 20% damage done eaten by pet, lifegain from damage done, Death Coil...it adds up. If I do it right and don't make mistakes (or get CC'd / stunned at bad times), it could end up taking 40k+ damage done to kill me.

I really appreciate how Warlocks have changed. They're not one-button mashers anymore, but they're still very powerful. Despite what some people believe. :P

pm.gif   

Old 02-04-2009

BlizzForums Neo
Boo!

Quote:
I really appreciate how Warlocks have changed. They're not one-button mashers anymore, but they're still very powerful. Despite what some people believe. :P
I've been browsing forums here and there -- locks seemed to have been bitching, so I was just throwing that out there. That horrify effect pisses me off so much honestly. Though given a choice, I don't go after a lock, I'd rather destroy the FOTM hunters/mages (though mages are rolling me).

Wish druids had a healing debuff. it's next to impossible to take down a healer, and truly impossible to anyone with half a brain.

though have to change my spec again since i don't like it.

do like shred though. people starting to ignore druids again heh.

Neo has 10,110 Posts