Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > Warcraft Discussion & Strategy

Warcraft Discussion & Strategy Research and Discuss to Win.

Old 01-07-2009

Canada Meteora
Sniper in the mist
 Meteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waffen View Post
Of course a healer couldn't become a Death Knight. Hero Classes would be restricted to individual classes. For example, Paladins could've had three hero classes, a Death Knight, Praetorian, and Cleric. DKs would have stronger synergy and spells related to DPSing, Praetorians are better with tanking, and Clerics are better with Holy.

As for the next hero class, hmm. Find something thats related to the Maelstrom because the South Seas is the next expansion for WoW.
The thing is if we were to include all the classes together (9 classes excluding Death Knights) then Blizzard would need to create a furthermore of 9 upgraded classes. That's a lot of work, and a lot of balancing to do.

And since when was it confirmed that it would be related to Maelstorm or South Seas?

Meteora has 12,746 Posts

: : : : [StarCraft 2 Forums Veteran] : : : : [Call of Duty 4 Hardcore Player] : : : : [Proud To Be Canadian] : : : :

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to Meteora  

Old 01-08-2009

United States GenocideAlive
You Want My Shoes?
 GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...

I agree with Waffen, I don't see how this supports long-standing WoW players. People are going to get annoyed with having 5 and 6 toons on an account. I rolled two toons and I'm already annoyed. Especially since at every x-pac they're going to release a new class / race that's going to be beaten to death by newbies and trend jumpers.

If you wanted to roll a DK, you should have been forced to convert an existing Warrior / Paladin. But that's directly in conflict with their longterm goals, which was to make more tanks for the servers. They'll probably change that for DPS classes.

GenocideAlive has 2,277 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 01-08-2009

BlizzForums Neo
Boo!
 Neo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulz

i can honestly say I'm sick of death knights already. my own was is only 60, but honestly I've got no interest in playing him.

The next hero class being a PotM would be strange, not to mention extremely alliance-centric (an undead PotM?). If we go along with the relations to powerful beings (Arthas-DKs) then the next idea might be with Malfurion-Arch Druids (lolol I wish), or something along that line of thinking. However a healing class as a hero class seems excessive. Healing takes a certain mindset that many of the... err... pugs of WoW would not be capable of dealing with to be honest.

It would be sort of cool to see a HC focused on like, I dunno, a Goblin Tinker, or Alchemist (from war3) in the idea that they could ally themselves with either faction, but not be of either faction's core races.

Though the idea of having to turn one of your current characters into a HC is somewhat appealing. Like having a Paladin turn into a Death Knight, by the same vain have a Warrior turn into a Knight (or w/e), or a Druid into an Arch Druid, or a Hunter into a Ranger, or a Rogue into an Assassin (lawl, fan of knives!) or something.

Neo has 10,110 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Neo Send a message via MSN to Neo Send a message via Yahoo to Neo 

Old 01-09-2009

United States Waffen
Retired Legendary Troll
 Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteora View Post
The thing is if we were to include all the classes together (9 classes excluding Death Knights) then Blizzard would need to create a furthermore of 9 upgraded classes. That's a lot of work, and a lot of balancing to do.

And since when was it confirmed that it would be related to Maelstorm or South Seas?
Disgruntled Prestige WoW developer that was "released" leaked it out a few months ago.

The artist formally known as Dark Templar, Dunedain and Warlock.

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Waffen  

Old 01-09-2009

You Want My Shoes?
 GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...

Quote:
t would be sort of cool to see a HC focused on like, I dunno, a Goblin Tinker, or Alchemist (from war3) in the idea that they could ally themselves with either faction, but not be of either faction's core races.
If you look at the leaked materials, it's fairly obvious that they're going to release a Pandaria. Too many Panda references, works too well with either faction. Pandas will be the future.

pm.gif   

Old 01-09-2009

United States Waffen
Retired Legendary Troll
 Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!

Not gonna lie, if Pandarens became a race I'd reroll one.

Old 01-09-2009

You Want My Shoes?

yeah well i'm trying to have a life so 1-2 toons is plenty

i might try to sell one but honestly nobody wants a rogue anymore, epic flier or not

i think i might complete all the exploration, raid, and all that as they come out then i'm going to sell my lock when i get tired of it.

pm.gif   

Old 01-09-2009

Canada Meteora
Sniper in the mist
 Meteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supreme

Quote:
Disgruntled Prestige WoW developer that was "released" leaked it out a few months ago.
He got pissed off or something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenocideAlive View Post
If you look at the leaked materials, it's fairly obvious that they're going to release a Pandaria. Too many Panda references, works too well with either faction. Pandas will be the future.
Quote:
Hell yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenocideAlive View Post
yeah well i'm trying to have a life so 1-2 toons is plenty

i might try to sell one but honestly nobody wants a rogue anymore, epic flier or not

i think i might complete all the exploration, raid, and all that as they come out then i'm going to sell my lock when i get tired of it.
Why doesn't anyone want a rogue now?

Meteora has 12,746 Posts

: : : : [StarCraft 2 Forums Veteran] : : : : [Call of Duty 4 Hardcore Player] : : : : [Proud To Be Canadian] : : : :

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to Meteora  

Old 01-09-2009

United States Waffen
Retired Legendary Troll

No clue on that employee. Though all of the WoW Forum Posts related to it were swiftly deleted. People that reposted were also banned. However, this didn't prevent it from spewing over into fan websites.

Old 01-09-2009

Australia blue.rellik
is a double-bagger
 blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!blue.rellik could seriously be the president one day, maybe even a senator... so be afraid, be very afraid!

If the next hero class/race thing is a panda then I'm so picking up WoW

blue.rellik has 10,518 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to blue.rellik  

Old 01-09-2009

BlizzForums Neo
Boo!
 Neo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulz

Quote:
so much this, so very very much this.

Although honestly something I'd much rather see over anything else in the game would be to see the old-world made flyable...

i like exploring...

Neo has 10,110 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Neo Send a message via MSN to Neo Send a message via Yahoo to Neo 

Old 01-10-2009

United States Waffen
Retired Legendary Troll

That would take a lot of work. The old world wasn't designed for flying mounts and as a result Blizzard would have to do major reconstruction on all of the zones to compensate for it. Plus its also the fact that theres large amounts of empty brown space that hasn't been used or will never be used.

Old 01-10-2009

United States Blackhand
BF Member
 Blackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightened

They're already starting on doing that. Orgrimmar, Undercity, Stormwind (always less so than the others), all now exist in the game world, and are not just set behind high walls with blank spaces in the actual world. ways to test this: before 3.0, you went to the farm just west of the Orgrimmar front gate, there was black behind the mountains on the map; now, you go there, and you see the Valley of Spirits.

I predict before the end of WotLK flying mounts in Azeroth. Maybe with the release of the next Xpack (that is, 4.0).

Yes Friends. Act now. Destroy Unicron!
Kill The Grand Rhubarb!
Eliminate Even The Toughest Stains!

-Utterred by Wreck-Gar, the Junkion leader, upon departing for the final battle with Unicron at Cybertron.

pm.gif   

Old 01-10-2009

BlizzForums Neo
Boo!

Quote:
That would take a lot of work. The old world wasn't designed for flying mounts and as a result Blizzard would have to do major reconstruction on all of the zones to compensate for it. Plus its also the fact that theres large amounts of empty brown space that hasn't been used or will never be used.
The easiest way to fix this would be with invisible walls. It wouldn't take too much to be honest, and they've already utilized this around certain things in Outland (the Black Temple comes to mind -- try to fly near it and you'll get pushed/stopped around it).

As much as I would love to see fully finished terrain everywhere I don't think that's necessary. However being able to fly around simply because of the speed would be incredibly useful -- hell thats really the only reason I want to fly is for the speed.

I'd be happy if they made a new super-epic mount class or something that went 200-300 percent faster in the old world. I mean as it stands I hate going back to the classic stuff because of how slow it is when I can hit northrend or outland and just fly around >_<!

I actually understand why they can't just offer flying right this second because of all the terrain and unfinished zones that exist in Azeroth and Kalimdor (not to mention the northern end of Azeroth that's actually part of the outland terrain set that you have to go through the portal to reach) -- but honestly I just don't care. Being able to fly and explore would be so awesome, even if means they have to wall off entire sections (east of STV for instance, Mt Hyjal, etc...), Though I suppose it would make such things as Silithus's wall sort of pointless since you can just fly over them.

It would also give them a reason to spruce up stuff like the dancing troll village -- something I want them to do for us anyway actually -- they have all these cool easter egg type locations all over the old world (IF Airport, areas above elwynn forest, even farms along the east coast of Arathi iirc, etc...) that no one will ever see, except through the occasional flight time from the FPs, or dedicated swimming. The Tauren Village on the outer edge of southern silithus for instance, along with it's super creepy cave.

Meh Honestly the terrain around the old world is sort of lazy in a way, it shows when a majority of the zones who share barriers with water that have massive cliffs >_<;; sometimes i want to run my own wow server just so's i can explore the world by flying and then i'd be happy, LOL.

Neo has 10,110 Posts

Old 01-12-2009

You Want My Shoes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteora View Post
Why doesn't anyone want a rogue now?
Because in PvP Rogues used to be glass cannons with an emphasis on the cannon. They could go toe-to-toe with just about anything given the right set of circumstances, which were easy to dictate with Stealth and the like. Clothies were especially easy to slaughter, because if you stacked enough armor penetration gear, you could reduce their effective armor to 0. Things like Warriors were slower at damaging, but more steady in terms of damage. Paladins were a joke.

Fast forward to 3.0.
  • There are now three plate wearing classes, who have all had their damage seriously reworked (read: shot through the roof).
  • All of them sport around 10k armor, which seriously reduces rogue damage.
  • They also now have stuns worked into their skillsets, which were previously much more scarce.
  • Armor penetration gear has been reworked into %es of total as opposed to total. In other words, you can no longer reduce someone's armor to 0 by stacking a few armor penetration items.
  • Prot has been reworked so that a player can stand there and take away half a Rogue's health while the Rogue is attacking.
  • Bleeds, diseases, and DoT effects have been added or made more potent, making it much more difficult for a Rogue to restealth.

As far as raiding goes, Rogues are just raw DPS. If you've got every other class covered, you can bring along Rogues for some good high-end DPS. Otherwise, they've got almost zero raid utility. They don't give buffs, benefits, or other types of things that other classes do. Why bring a Rogue, when you can bring an Enhancement Shaman? A DK? A Shadow Priest? They're good DPS, if DPS is all you're worried about in a fight.

Are Rogues the absolute worst right now? Debateably. But unarguably, they are nothing like they once were.

pm.gif