Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > Warcraft Discussion & Strategy

Warcraft Discussion & Strategy Research and Discuss to Win.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes


Old 12-17-2008
 
#1
United States Waffen
Retired Legendary Troll
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 673
 Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!
Default Class Drama

Well, its back for me again. Ever since I've played WoW I've always been the "traveling" guy. I always found myself rolling on new servers to play with friends so I never actually built up a single character. Over time I eventually made and leveled one of every class to 60, except for a Priest (50) and a Paladin (27, but it wasn't my play style). Out of all of the characters I leveled to 60/70 I grew attached three characters, my Mage, Rogue, and Warrior. I originally decided to level my Warrior to 80 because he had a flying epic mount. I also wanted to play with friends because most of my other friends quit because they were banned for gliding. As I played my Warrior I hooked up with my old friends on Spinebreaker.

Over time I got tired of my warrior. I'm not really a big fan of tanking mainly because its not my type of play style. Anyway, I'm getting Warrior burned out because I don't like tanking. I don't mind doing it, but I don't want to do it all the time. The nail in the coffin also occurred shortly after I was getting burned out. When the leaders of my old guild left Spinebreaker a year ago for greener pastures they ditched me and a bunch of my old friends. When they decided to come back and make their own raiding guild they re-invited us back in as a "we owe you" type of thing. However, since they've been gone they became really elitist and ended up g kicking most of the "veterans" and myself. Mainly because we refused to drop our social lives for a Nihilism style raiding schedule. This basically ended all desire to play my warrior.

Coincidentally, at this time my friends from Hellscream came back. They all decided to give WoW another shot because Warhammer didn't work out for them. I thought about joining them, but I haven't quite figured out what class I want to play now. Heres basically my compiled lists of possible characters I could play.

Warrior - I love my Warrior to death, but I'm not a big fan of tanking. I love being a "DPS Warrior", but so do the 100,000 other fury warrior retards that exist. However, one thing I did notice is that I'm terribad at it. Which I'll admit it, I suck DPSing as a fury warrior, which entails as another turn off. However, its ironic that I'm an amazing tank, but I hate tanking, but I fail as a DPS Warrior, yet I love DPSing as a warrior.

Mage - My very first character. I've always held the unconditional love for this toon. I've always been really good at being a mage. I've been complimented multiple times as well as being one of the top Mages on Hellscream during my level 60 and level 70 days.

Rogue - This was my first "serious" toon. I managed to get him into a A-Grade PvP Guild back in the day and snag a Justicar Title, as well as do Naxxramas (60 version). I leveled him to 70 and became one of the best Rogues on my server for PvE and possibly PvP as well. I was playing him a lot until I left for Basic Combat Training. When I got back from BCT my raiding guild died and most of my friends were banned/transferred off leaving me with nowhere to go with my Rogue. Pretty much everyone was like "Waffen who? Ohh that Waffen! Sorry bud, can't help you out." Which killed my motivation to play the toon. I was thinking about playing him again, but my friend who just came back decided to reroll a Rogue as well which is turning me off from playing him because when we group together I don't want to become a competitor for items and loot.

All in all halp me.
 



The artist formally known as Dark Templar, Dunedain and Warlock.
 

Waffen is offline


pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Waffen  
Reply With Quote


Old 12-17-2008
 
#2
United States Blackhand
BF Member
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 269
 Blackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightened
Default

Sounds like you've burned out on warrioring for the time being, 'cept as you say dpsing, but you realise that you're not the best at it, which does take some balls (dear GODS all the scrub 'dps' warriors I've seen that my felpuppy could outdps...) In your situation, I'd play the magey.
 

Yes Friends. Act now. Destroy Unicron!
Kill The Grand Rhubarb!
Eliminate Even The Toughest Stains!

-Utterred by Wreck-Gar, the Junkion leader, upon departing for the final battle with Unicron at Cybertron.
 

Blackhand is offline


pm.gif   
Reply With Quote


Old 12-17-2008
 
#3
United States Waffen
Retired Legendary Troll
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 673
 Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!
Default

I think part of the reason I don't quite get it is the gear focus. While I do know how the rotation generally works (BT, Slam if you have a Bloodsurge, WW, HS with extra rage, etc.) I've never managed the gear effectively. Last I heard was that Fury Warriors wanted a lot of Strength (AP) and Crit Rating, but you wanted to avoid +hit in the socket items. Now with Titan's Grip needing a certain amount of +hit and with haste being in the field I'm sorta lost atm for itemization.
 



The artist formally known as Dark Templar, Dunedain and Warlock.
 

Waffen is offline


pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Waffen  
Reply With Quote


Old 12-17-2008
 
#4
United States JSMaTT
Power Abused
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,951
 JSMaTT is clearly better than youJSMaTT is clearly better than youJSMaTT is clearly better than youJSMaTT is clearly better than youJSMaTT is clearly better than youJSMaTT is clearly better than youJSMaTT is clearly better than youJSMaTT is clearly better than youJSMaTT is clearly better than youJSMaTT is clearly better than youJSMaTT is clearly better than you
Default

Paladin
 
JSMaTT has 1,951 Posts
 

JSMaTT is offline


pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to JSMaTT  
Reply With Quote


Old 12-17-2008
 
#5
United States Typhun
Mr. 69 (and counting)
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 6,314
 Typhun must really think internet = serious business...Typhun must really think internet = serious business...Typhun must really think internet = serious business...Typhun must really think internet = serious business...Typhun must really think internet = serious business...Typhun must really think internet = serious business...Typhun must really think internet = serious business...Typhun must really think internet = serious business...Typhun must really think internet = serious business...Typhun must really think internet = serious business...Typhun must really think internet = serious business...
Default

i've never understood how people cannot enjoy being a prot warrior. here i am, going on year 4 of prot warrior. I go MS for PvP, but I have only been a raid dps warrior for one MC raid, just to see what it was all about. I was #4 on the meter, but it wasn't my cup of tea. I couldn't focus, i kept zoning out because there wasnt anything to really pay attention to. i liked being under that stress that used to come with tanking, having to balance my survival with my threat gen and using rage properly. now all i have to pay attention to is my hp and using shield block when it is appropriate. talk about boring.
 
Typhun has 6,314 Posts



The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'No. - Rorschach
 

Typhun is offline


pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Typhun Send a message via MSN to Typhun  
Reply With Quote


Old 12-17-2008
 
#6
United States TheRabidDeer
Voting independent
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,610
 TheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of win
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waffen View Post
I think part of the reason I don't quite get it is the gear focus. While I do know how the rotation generally works (BT, Slam if you have a Bloodsurge, WW, HS with extra rage, etc.) I've never managed the gear effectively. Last I heard was that Fury Warriors wanted a lot of Strength (AP) and Crit Rating, but you wanted to avoid +hit in the socket items. Now with Titan's Grip needing a certain amount of +hit and with haste being in the field I'm sorta lost atm for itemization.
You will be happy to know TG doesnt have the hit penalty in the next patch. Also, haste is just generally a lackluster stat for most physical DPS classes as you are still regaining the lost hit/crit from 70-80.

As you get more powerful weapons I am sure haste will get better, but it may take a while for it to be a truly wanted stat.

For a warrior you basically just want strength/crit and enough hit to make specials capped (though more is nice for TG right now), which I believe is 8% or somewhere around 250 hit rating.
 

Take the power from the parties and vote independent in 2008.
 

TheRabidDeer is offline


pm.gif   
Reply With Quote


Old 12-17-2008
 
#7
United States Blackhand
BF Member
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 269
 Blackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightened
Default

For dual-wielding warriors with 3/3 Precision hit cap is 361 hit (without that it's 447, same as spell hit cap). They're removing the hit penalty from Titan's Grip in 3.08. Paraphrasing what I keep screaming at the other warlock in my raids, all the AP and crit in the world is useless if you miss with every other ability. It's annoying with him because he keeps going on about how he doesn't miss much; I have almost 200 more hit than he does, but he's still higher on the dps meter (our stats elsewise aren't that different, still mostly quest blues and 3ish Naxx purples). Fortunately the RL backs me up on that.
 

Last edited by Blackhand; 12-17-2008 at 10:19 AM.

Yes Friends. Act now. Destroy Unicron!
Kill The Grand Rhubarb!
Eliminate Even The Toughest Stains!

-Utterred by Wreck-Gar, the Junkion leader, upon departing for the final battle with Unicron at Cybertron.
 

Blackhand is offline


pm.gif   
Reply With Quote


Old 12-17-2008
 
#8
United States GenocideAlive
You Want My Shoes?
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,277
 GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...
Default

Do not roll a DPS Warrior. They are bad and unwanted. Especially from Karazahn having to watch retards call themselves OT while being Fury Warriors was especially painful. If you don't know how to itemize and you don't know how to flip stats, stay the fuck away from DPS. It's crucial to having a good toon and you're not going to get anywhere if you don't have any attention to it.

Don't roll a Rogue, they're trash in raids. BC was the year of the Rogue / Warlock, WotLK is the year of the Paladin / Shaman. Oh well, it's how the shit goes down. I'd recommend your mage if you were so oh-my-god amazing with him, otherwise just take up being an uber pally.
 
GenocideAlive has 2,277 Posts
 

GenocideAlive is offline


pm.gif   
Reply With Quote


Old 12-17-2008
 
#9
United States Waffen
Retired Legendary Troll
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 673
 Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!
Default

Rogues have always had the "end-of-the-stick" in terms of new releases. They were pretty bad at the beginning of TBC, but once Rogues started getting gear they quickly balanced out and caught up with the other classes in terms of DPS.

Also, aren't Paladins getting hit with the nerf stick soon?
 



The artist formally known as Dark Templar, Dunedain and Warlock.
 

Waffen is offline


pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Waffen  
Reply With Quote


Old 12-17-2008
 
#10
Canada Bred
Ich Bin Brot
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 8,696
 Bred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulz
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waffen View Post
Also, aren't Paladins getting hit with the nerf stick soon?
Please god yes.
 
Bred has 8,696 Posts

i got atm machines for testicles..go me.. - Demon
 

Bred is offline


pm.gif   
Reply With Quote


Old 12-17-2008
 
#11
United States Blackhand
BF Member
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 269
 Blackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightened
Default

I haven't been paying the most attention (our retnoobs have all fled for drama reasons), but from what I remember is it's not a big one. A nerf toothpick, if you will.
 

Yes Friends. Act now. Destroy Unicron!
Kill The Grand Rhubarb!
Eliminate Even The Toughest Stains!

-Utterred by Wreck-Gar, the Junkion leader, upon departing for the final battle with Unicron at Cybertron.
 

Blackhand is offline


pm.gif   
Reply With Quote


Old 12-17-2008
 
#12
Canada Meteora
Sniper in the mist
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 12,746
 Meteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supreme
Default

Just take the mage; you don't seem to have much complaints about that class.

Otherwise try a new class.
 
Meteora has 12,746 Posts


: : : : [StarCraft 2 Forums Veteran] : : : : [Call of Duty 4 Hardcore Player] : : : : [Proud To Be Canadian] : : : :
 

Meteora is offline


pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to Meteora  
Reply With Quote


Old 12-17-2008
 
#13
BlizzForums Neo
Boo!
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 10,110
 Neo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulz
Default

Gogogo mage -- if you enjoy playing that toon, go for it.

Otherwise go with someone new -- maybe even a Druid (i'm biased k LOL).
 
Neo has 10,110 Posts
 

Neo is offline


pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Neo Send a message via MSN to Neo Send a message via Yahoo to Neo 
Reply With Quote


Old 12-17-2008
 
#14
United States TheRabidDeer
Voting independent
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,610
 TheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of win
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waffen View Post
Rogues have always had the "end-of-the-stick" in terms of new releases. They were pretty bad at the beginning of TBC, but once Rogues started getting gear they quickly balanced out and caught up with the other classes in terms of DPS.

Also, aren't Paladins getting hit with the nerf stick soon?
No, paladins are getting buffed in 3.0.8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenocideAlive View Post
Do not roll a DPS Warrior. They are bad and unwanted. Especially from Karazahn having to watch retards call themselves OT while being Fury Warriors was especially painful. If you don't know how to itemize and you don't know how to flip stats, stay the fuck away from DPS. It's crucial to having a good toon and you're not going to get anywhere if you don't have any attention to it.

Don't roll a Rogue, they're trash in raids. BC was the year of the Rogue / Warlock, WotLK is the year of the Paladin / Shaman. Oh well, it's how the shit goes down. I'd recommend your mage if you were so oh-my-god amazing with him, otherwise just take up being an uber pally.
DPS warriors/rogues/hunters/feral druids are all top DPS.
Every other class is fairly even in terms of DPS, but a good sized chunk below the ones above.

Our warriors/feral druid put out like 4500DPS+
Our rogues/hunters put out like 5000DPS-5500DPS
Every other class puts out like 3500-4000DPS

This is on patchwerk, which is kind of a standard for DPS tests in a raid environment. Hunters are getting nerfed and paladins are getting buffed though, which could narrow the gap between those two a decent amount.
 

Take the power from the parties and vote independent in 2008.
 

TheRabidDeer is offline


pm.gif   
Reply With Quote


Old 12-18-2008
 
#15
United States Waffen
Retired Legendary Troll
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 673
 Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
Gogogo mage -- if you enjoy playing that toon, go for it.

Otherwise go with someone new -- maybe even a Druid (i'm biased k LOL).
Oh my, I'm ranting in this thread a wee bit to much.

I leveled a Tauren Druid to 60 back in the day. :-p

I'm mainly trying to avoid rolling something new. As mentioned earlier I've leveled every class to 60+ minus a Priest and Paladin (Priest was close though, level 50). The problem I had was that I abandoned my Warrior in TBC when he dinged 70 because I had the same "burnout" feeling. I then leveled a Shaman to 70 and abandoned him because he was stuck on a low pop desolate server with his 3 month duration on cooldown. Then my old Spinebreaker buddy promised me a raiding spot in his guild as a DPS warrior if I transfered my warrior over. I ended up playing that Warrior till the end of last summer when everyone left. Mainly at the time since PvE ----> PvP didn't exist I didn't want to lose my warrior forever so I transfered my Rogue to my old PvE server to play with friend. When I got to 70 we decided to form an arena team and at the time Rogues were bad. So I decided to level my old Mage to 70 so I could PvP. I basically ended up with my Rogue being a PvE toon and Mage being PvP. Also, somewhere in here I had a "for fun" hunter that I leveled solely on 2x Bonus and managed to get him to 70.

Hell, I'll just make the complete list for easier reference.

78 Warrior - Candidate #1. Feeling Burnout on the Toon Though
70 Mage - Candidate #2
70 Rogue - Candidate #3

The Avoidance Category - Mainly trying to avoid playing these guys because I'm tired of spreading out.

70 Hunter - Mainly a "for fun" toon.
70 Shaman***** - (I sold this character for $200, but I do know that the guy who bought the toon quit WoW six months ago so if I wanted to be a douche I could steal him back. While I do miss my shaman I don't miss totem dropping)
64 Death Knight - I had fun playing him, but the 999,999 other Death Knights killed my interest fast.
 

Last edited by Waffen; 12-18-2008 at 03:44 AM.



The artist formally known as Dark Templar, Dunedain and Warlock.
 

Waffen is offline


pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Waffen  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Thinking about picking up the game again, but which class? Alexander Warcraft Discussion & Strategy 44 12-10-2008 03:59 PM
Making the Trilogy worth the purchase... Crazy_Jonny StarCraft Discussion 36 12-01-2008 10:49 PM
The American education system Bullet2head Serious Discussion 39 12-01-2008 04:56 AM
If There Was A Hunter Class DemolitionSquid Diablo Discussion 8 11-06-2008 12:45 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:35 PM.
Designed by XG3