Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > Warcraft Discussion & Strategy

Warcraft Discussion & Strategy Research and Discuss to Win.

Old 12-15-2008

United States GenocideAlive
You Want My Shoes?
 GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.raven View Post
lmao, most overpowered class in game = played by crying noobs.
that's an extremely...bold statement.

i'm thinking about rerolling pally for the OP awesomeness that is spellcasting plate wearer with giant two handed weapon. plus it's always nice to know that nobody will ever roll on your gear.

the downside is i'm getting a new job and i don't need another toon. i probably need to sell the one i've got.

GenocideAlive has 2,277 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 12-15-2008

United States Blackhand
BF Member
 Blackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightened

My main bitch right now (raiding warlock in early Naxx) is Affl is the best spec at this gear level. The problem with this? I HATE AFFLICITON WITH A BLINDING PASSION AND WISH IT WOULD DIE A HORRIBLE PAINFUL BURNING DEATH. And my RL Saturday forced me to spec into it. Dear Gods I hate it.

Yes Friends. Act now. Destroy Unicron!
Kill The Grand Rhubarb!
Eliminate Even The Toughest Stains!

-Utterred by Wreck-Gar, the Junkion leader, upon departing for the final battle with Unicron at Cybertron.

pm.gif   

Old 12-16-2008

United States shroomie
Forum Elder
 shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!

Aff is hurting IMO. The spell casting sucks vs trash and the rotation is hard to perfect. But they're still a fun class to play. I'll always do Aff for PvP. Esp with a Healer+SP. UA+Dots

shroomie has 398 Posts

Holy Pally
UA Warlock
Proud BlizzForums Poster since 2000!

pm.gif   

Old 12-16-2008

You Want My Shoes?
 GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...

Affliction is fucking terrible, IMO. I don't doubt I'm the worst player evar and I'm a horrible person for saying so, but honestly. It's bad. If you can't keep up the Shadow Embrace debuff your damage plummets, your damage on trash is trash, and if your melee pet dies from AoE beatings your damage goes to hell. You've got no outs in terms of delaying or mitigation unless you want to break out the ridiculously risky Fearing.

There exists no small possibility that I'm just bad at it, but I can't find a way to get around the fact that on occasion you can't avoid movement / running when you should be refreshing some godawful debuff or another. If they fall off, it's a process to recovery.

Thankfully I've gotten up to 21.5% crit again so I can safely go back to Destruction and enjoy the giant crits, the ridiculous controls, and the superior burst.

pm.gif   

Old 12-16-2008

Canada Meteora
Sniper in the mist
 Meteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenocideAlive View Post
Affliction is fucking terrible, IMO. I don't doubt I'm the worst player evar and I'm a horrible person for saying so, but honestly. It's bad. If you can't keep up the Shadow Embrace debuff your damage plummets, your damage on trash is trash, and if your melee pet dies from AoE beatings your damage goes to hell. You've got no outs in terms of delaying or mitigation unless you want to break out the ridiculously risky Fearing.

There exists no small possibility that I'm just bad at it, but I can't find a way to get around the fact that on occasion you can't avoid movement / running when you should be refreshing some godawful debuff or another. If they fall off, it's a process to recovery.

Thankfully I've gotten up to 21.5% crit again so I can safely go back to Destruction and enjoy the giant crits, the ridiculous controls, and the superior burst.
So would you recommend me re-specing to Destruction?

Meteora has 12,746 Posts

: : : : [StarCraft 2 Forums Veteran] : : : : [Call of Duty 4 Hardcore Player] : : : : [Proud To Be Canadian] : : : :

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to Meteora  

Old 12-16-2008

You Want My Shoes?

Nonono, as someone explained earlier, we're talking about end-game Warlocks. When you get to a giant boss with 5million hit points, you're going to be standing there for quite a while, attacking. You've got to come up with plans of dps, trinket use, etc. You generally also have to observe whent here are going to be breaks in your attacks because of boss abilities like silence or stun, or when the boss is going to use some AoE move that you need to avoid (don't stand in the fire). You can't stop and eat, and you can't arbitrarily start trying different tactics. By in large, what you start with is what you're stuck with, and it's up to your team makeup to stopgap. Your pet can't tank anything without getting destroyed in the first hit.

When you're out just killing mobs and shit, you're by yourself dealing with things that have anywhere from 1k to 12khp, depending on level. So if you hit them with 3-4 DoTs and run, typically your Voidwalker can generate just enough aggro to give you a head start. Meanwhile, you slap Siphon Life up there and Life Tap a few times to regain some mana while Siphon Life and Drain Life fill you up. It's extremely efficient, because regaining life via these spells, Deathcoil, and Healthstones and the like is all very mana efficient if you time it correctly. You can hit mob after mob after mob and experience almost no downtime. You can wear pure +spellpower gear and rock face.

Going Destruction, on the other hand, means you kill things much quicker, but you have a lot of downtime because you have no lifegain and the spells are very mana inefficient. When it takes 1/4 of your mana and 1/8th of your health to kill something since your Voidwalker doesn't hold aggro worth a shit with that high output dps, after 2-3 mobs you're looking at a danger zone. This is because you require crit on your items as well, so that when your direct damage spells hit, they can pop up for double damage. Once you get to L80 and slap on a bunch of +crit gear and you have 20%++ crit, you can switch to destruction and see much better results with speedkills. The crit is what makes Destruction mana efficient. When I pop a mob for 7k health unbuffed on a Chaos Bolt crit, I achieve much more mana efficiency than even a Curse of Agony (well known for mana efficiency).

I hope that made sense. The long and short of it is that for leveling, Affliction is neigh unbeatable because you can have crap gear and do just fine. I daresay nobody in WoW can level quite like an Affliction warlock in either speed or ability to chain mobs. Once you get to high end gear, you can pick up the crit that makes Destruction so strong. You largely won't need pets to kill shit anymore and you can operate much more like a mage. The main difference is your pet carries a lot of your ability to PvP, at that stage. If you get jumped by a Warrior with your Fel Hunter out, it's pretty much over.

Last edited by GenocideAlive; 12-16-2008 at 05:53 PM.

pm.gif   

Old 12-16-2008

United States Blackhand
BF Member
 Blackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightened

GA speaks soothe. Affl for levelling at the absolute very least until 50, I'd recommend until much higher. Myself, I levelled at destro from 40, and...let's just say it wasn't pretty. Tho with semi-decent endgame BC gear it wasn't bad going from 70-80. only had to stop after 8-10 kills with Soul Leech & Imp Soul Leech. Makes levelling my enhance shammy very painful, as she has to sit and drink every 2 mobs (she was wearing mostly rogue leather when 3.0 hit and enhance mana usage went through the roof, qq).

Yes Friends. Act now. Destroy Unicron!
Kill The Grand Rhubarb!
Eliminate Even The Toughest Stains!

-Utterred by Wreck-Gar, the Junkion leader, upon departing for the final battle with Unicron at Cybertron.

pm.gif