Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > General Forums > Chit Chat

Chit Chat Your Life, Your Thoughts, Your Nonsense.

Old 01-05-2009

Finland pixels
Fallout Shelter Cap. 6640
 pixels is clearly better than youpixels is clearly better than youpixels is clearly better than youpixels is clearly better than youpixels is clearly better than youpixels is clearly better than youpixels is clearly better than youpixels is clearly better than youpixels is clearly better than youpixels is clearly better than youpixels is clearly better than you

How the hell did you get your hands on 4 Ravagers?

pixels has 15,419 Posts

Abolition of the wage system.

Canon XSi \ Canon f/2.8 20mm \ Sigma f/2.8 105mm \ Canon f/4-5.6 55-250mm | pixels' photos | pixels' specs | pixels' art

pm.gif Send a message via ICQ to pixels Send a message via MSN to pixels  

Old 01-05-2009

No country specified. To select a country, go to User CP -> Edit Profile -> Country FoxBlade
The Philosopher
 FoxBlade is a name known to allFoxBlade is a name known to allFoxBlade is a name known to allFoxBlade is a name known to allFoxBlade is a name known to allFoxBlade is a name known to allFoxBlade is a name known to allFoxBlade is a name known to allFoxBlade is a name known to allFoxBlade is a name known to allFoxBlade is a name known to all

Well first I spend a lot of money on cards, second I have a father-in-law who also spends a lot of money on cards (well he spends a lot more money on cards than I do) who will give me and my friends cards and we both use e-bay and craig's list besides going to the card shops.

You'd be very surprised what kind of cards people sell on these sites, I've gotten A LOT of really good cards for cheap. I remember once my father-in-law bought 5000 cards (for 30 dollars + shipping) which had mostly junk in it, but then he got about 30 or so rares that we're worth quite a bit of money.

Plus before Shinders went out of business they had some idiots working there who'd have rare cards in common boxes, so I've bought a lot of rare cards for 10 cents that are worth 12-20 bucks (Morphling/Force of will for example).

Edit:

By the way I've recently put together a deck for chaos magic. Chaos magic is basically at the beginning of each players turn (I usually play multi-player with about 5-7 people) you roll a die (we use an 8 sided die). If you roll a 2-7 your turn continues as normal, HOWEVER if you roll a 1 or an 8 you take a card from the chaos deck and flip it over. The cards I've put in affect everyone and some of them are good/bad and some of them are situational. I'll post it later, but it makes the game a lot more fun and interesting.

Last edited by FoxBlade; 01-05-2009 at 10:13 PM.
FoxBlade has 467 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to FoxBlade  

Old 01-12-2009

Finland pixels
 pixels is clearly better than youpixels is clearly better than youpixels is clearly better than youpixels is clearly better than youpixels is clearly better than youpixels is clearly better than youpixels is clearly better than youpixels is clearly better than youpixels is clearly better than youpixels is clearly better than youpixels is clearly better than you

ah. i guess i'm just too new to have any advantages like that.

anyway, made and bought 2 new decks.

Red/Blue:
Wee Dragonauts 2
Swerve 4
Jhoira of the Ghitu 2
Leap of Flame 2
Mindwrack Liege 2
Mirror Sheen 2
Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind 2
Izzet Chronarch 2
Dominus of Fealty 2
Stream Hopper 4
Clout of the Dominus 4
Shrewd Hatchling 2
Goblin Flectomancer 2
Gelectrode 2
Electrolyze 2
Izzet Guildmage 2

Treefolk:
Treefolk Harbinger 4
Bosk Banneret 4
Battlewand Oak 2
Cloudcrown Oak 4
Dauntless Dourbark 4
Leaf-Crowned Elder 4
Unstoppable Ash 2
Sapling of Colfenor 2
Timber Protector 4
Seedguide Ash 4
Rootgrapple 4
Verdeloth the Ancient 2
Doran the Siege Tower 2
Murmuring Bosk 4

The Treefolk deck is a little big, but I couldn't figure out what to remove.

I also bought a few Mycosynth Golem, Bosh Iron Golem and a bunch of Artifact Lands to fix my Arcbound deck.

pixels has 15,419 Posts

Canon XSi \ Canon f/2.8 20mm \ Sigma f/2.8 105mm \ Canon f/4-5.6 55-250mm | pixels' photos | pixels' specs | pixels' art

Old 01-12-2009

United States WindowlessHouse
BF Member
 WindowlessHouse reigns supremeWindowlessHouse reigns supremeWindowlessHouse reigns supremeWindowlessHouse reigns supremeWindowlessHouse reigns supremeWindowlessHouse reigns supremeWindowlessHouse reigns supremeWindowlessHouse reigns supremeWindowlessHouse reigns supremeWindowlessHouse reigns supremeWindowlessHouse reigns supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixels View Post
ah. i guess i'm just too new to have any advantages like that.
Treefolk:
Treefolk Harbinger 4
Bosk Banneret 4
Battlewand Oak 2
Cloudcrown Oak 4
Dauntless Dourbark 4
Leaf-Crowned Elder 4
Unstoppable Ash 2
Sapling of Colfenor 2
Timber Protector 4
Seedguide Ash 4
Rootgrapple 4
Verdeloth the Ancient 2
Doran the Siege Tower 2
Murmuring Bosk 4

The Treefolk deck is a little big, but I couldn't figure out what to remove.

I also bought a few Mycosynth Golem, Bosh Iron Golem and a bunch of Artifact Lands to fix my Arcbound deck.

I have been playing a multiplayer Treefolk deck for about a year. It has actually won a lot of games, to my surprise, because mono-green is usually terrible. I can make a couple suggestions.

Assuming no restrictions concerning format, I would suggest adding Weatherseed Treefolk into the deck because it is one of the best green creatures ever printed. It's also pretty cheap to buy off EBAY.

The key to the deck I use is Sylvan Library. It lets you stack the top of your deck for Leaf Crowned Elder, and if you use life gain, like from Orchard Warden, you can just draw a million cards. It also is an early drop that filters draws. This one is also inexpensive.

Wickerbough Elder is much better than Rootgrapple. Creatures are more important than an cantripping instants. I also really like Woodfall Primus in my deck. Blowing up utility lands can win games and persist is incredible.

The decks main weakness (fliers) is better handled by either Whirlwind or Squall Line, rather than Cloudcrown Oak. I tend towards Squall Line because I use Orchard Warden, so I can fireball the table when I am ahead in life totals.

WindowlessHouse has 267 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to WindowlessHouse  

Old 01-23-2009

No country specified. To select a country, go to User CP -> Edit Profile -> Country FoxBlade
The Philosopher
 FoxBlade is a name known to allFoxBlade is a name known to allFoxBlade is a name known to allFoxBlade is a name known to allFoxBlade is a name known to allFoxBlade is a name known to allFoxBlade is a name known to allFoxBlade is a name known to allFoxBlade is a name known to allFoxBlade is a name known to allFoxBlade is a name known to all

Pixel your deck looks pretty good, however I could make some suggestions to cut it down:

-1 Verdeloth the Ancient & -1 Doran the Siege Tower: With treefolk harbinger + leaf-crowned elder, you will only need 1 of each (which you'll be able to play for free).

-2 Sapling of Colfenor: you could replace him with Orchard Warden, costs 1 more but you only gain life and again cost doesn't matter so much with harbinger/leaf-crowned elder

-1 Cloudcrowned Oak, with what you have in your deck, even if your opponent has flying, they'll be dead before they can kill you and even with 3 it'll come up often enough, losing one won't hurt you any.

-4 root grapple, not needed really - better as a sideboard than as main deck

Anyway those are the cards that I see that your deck could probably either be put on the side-board or just eliminated completely the rest of your deck I think is pretty solid.

I made a treefolk deck myself that's somewhat similar to that:

2 Orchard Warden
4 Leaf-Crowned Elder
3 Wickerbough Elder
4 Bosk Banneret
4 Dauntless Dourbark
4 Treefolk Harbinger
4 Timber Protector
3 Cloudcrown Oak
3 Battlewand Oak
3 Chameleon Colossus
4 Evolution Charm
20 Forest
2 Gaea's Cradle

Last edited by FoxBlade; 01-23-2009 at 05:53 AM.
FoxBlade has 467 Posts

Old 01-29-2009

BF Member
 WindowlessHouse reigns supremeWindowlessHouse reigns supremeWindowlessHouse reigns supremeWindowlessHouse reigns supremeWindowlessHouse reigns supremeWindowlessHouse reigns supremeWindowlessHouse reigns supremeWindowlessHouse reigns supremeWindowlessHouse reigns supremeWindowlessHouse reigns supremeWindowlessHouse reigns supreme

Who's going to a Conflux pre-release? I know I am .

Democratically elected communists and dictators are illegitimate.

Old 02-09-2009

The Philosopher
Default Re: M:TG Thread

Okay... so I thought up a new and funny deck to play - squirrels!

4 Squirrel Nest
4 Earthcraft
4 Chatter of the Squirrel
4 Squirrel Mob
3 Deranged Hermit
4 Druid's Call
2 Might of Oaks
3 Muraganda Petroglyphs
2 Nut Collector
4 Overrun (might replace this with coat of arms)
4 Harmonize
2 Krosan Beast

2 Gaea's Cradle
1 Pendel Haven
4 Swarmyard
13 forest

Provided I get the right cards I could probably win in about 4 turn or 5 turns and over run my opponent(s) with a ton of the furry little bastards (Earthcraft + Squirrel nest = infinite squirrels) :D!

FoxBlade has 467 Posts

Old 02-13-2009

Finland pixels

you and your broken decks, hah. infinite squirrels is certainly interesting.

here's a deck idea i just ordered. pretty excited about it . i call it "Lockdown"

4 Maralen of the Mornsong
4 Mindlock Orb
4 Psychogenic Probe
4 Vedalken Mastermind
4 Familiar's Ruse
4 Countersquall
4 Colfenor's Plans
4 Raven's Crime
4 Distress

4 Dreadship Reef
4 Salt Marsh
Islands
Swamps

pixels has 15,419 Posts

Old 02-14-2009

The Philosopher

Hymn to Tourach might go really good with your deck...

You're deck looks pretty interesting, you should let me know how it does.

FoxBlade has 467 Posts

Old 02-17-2009

BF Member

So anyway, I've already gotten my foil, FNM, Myr Enforcer promo for this month as well as two copies of last month's Magma Jet. So I'm on track to winning all of the promos this year. Hopefully I can keep it up!

Democratically elected communists and dictators are illegitimate.