Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > General Forums > Chit Chat

Chit Chat Your Life, Your Thoughts, Your Nonsense.

Old 11-19-2008

No country specified. To select a country, go to User CP -> Edit Profile -> Country FoxBlade
The Philosopher
 FoxBlade is a name known to allFoxBlade is a name known to allFoxBlade is a name known to allFoxBlade is a name known to allFoxBlade is a name known to allFoxBlade is a name known to allFoxBlade is a name known to allFoxBlade is a name known to allFoxBlade is a name known to allFoxBlade is a name known to allFoxBlade is a name known to all

hmmm so I just tried my hand at making a Dragonstorm deck...

4 remand
4 telling time
1 gigadrowse
4 lotus bloom
4 serum visions
3 scroll rack
4 seething song
4 rite of flame
4 borgardan hellkite
4 dragon storm
1 hunted dragon
1 kukusho, the evening star
1 bladewing the risen
1 crosis, the purger

1 calciform pools
4 steam vents
1 dreadship reef
4 shivan reef
2 crumbling necropolis
6 mountains
3 islands

I'm not sure how it'll play yet but hopefully it'll work out.

Edit: hmm... so I played it and I'm taking out some of the special lands and putting in regular lands.
Edit2: Changed it around a bit more, took out slight of hand and put in scroll rack instead, also took out dragon tyrant and 3 gigadrowse and replaced them with serum visions instead. Hopefully this will play faster now...

Last edited by FoxBlade; 11-20-2008 at 09:38 PM.
FoxBlade has 467 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to FoxBlade  

Old 11-20-2008

Nepal viperjo
Lovable Local Blood God
 viperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshviperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshviperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshviperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshviperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshviperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshviperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshviperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshviperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshviperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshviperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, gosh

I used to play this stuff back in middle school. I remember having a card called "Rhonx" i believe. Big ol' green thing that looked like a sort of ogre-rhino or something. I remember using blue decks most often because I liked flying creatures and annoying my opponent with counter spells lol. Had a green/white deck too but i can't remember any cards I actually had. Heh, I might end up digging those old things out and selling em on Ebay or something, just collecting dust as it is lol.

viperjo has 5,125 Posts

I've got ham but i'm not a hamster........................... Thanks to Greyscale for this sexy sig!

pm.gif   

Old 11-20-2008

Canada Bred
Ich Bin Brot
 Bred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulz

Spelljack = my best friend.

Hooooolyyyy shiiiiiit.

I don't know how much fun I had with that card.

Bred has 8,696 Posts

i got atm machines for testicles..go me.. - Demon

pm.gif   

Old 12-13-2008

No country specified. To select a country, go to User CP -> Edit Profile -> Country FoxBlade
The Philosopher
 FoxBlade is a name known to allFoxBlade is a name known to allFoxBlade is a name known to allFoxBlade is a name known to allFoxBlade is a name known to allFoxBlade is a name known to allFoxBlade is a name known to allFoxBlade is a name known to allFoxBlade is a name known to allFoxBlade is a name known to allFoxBlade is a name known to all

Okay so I played my Dragon Storm deck and even though it wins... its an incredibly boring deck to play...

Instead now I've been running a much more fun deck based around stuffy doll:

MainDeck
------------------------------
Creatures (18):

4 Stuffy Doll
4 Spitebellows
4 Fatespinner
4 Geloectrode
2 Blazing Effigy

Enchantments (8):
4 Propaganda
4 Curiosity

Instants/Sorcery (12):

2 Cunning Wish
2 Burning Wish
2 Broken Ambitions
3 Lightning Bolt
3 Second Sight

Lands (22):
7 Snow-Covered Island
7 Snow-Covered Mountain
4 Shivan Reef
4 Steam Vents

Sideboard (15):
----------------------------

4 Pithing Needle
2 Counter Balance
1 Shattering Spree
2 Capsize
2 Skred
4 Pyroclasm

So basically this deck offers a lot of control with Pithing needles (if needed), Fatespinner, Capsize, Second Sight, Broken Ambitions and Propaganda.

Also once you get curiosity out on a geloectrode/stuffy doll with the instants in this deck, you can really do some damage while at the same time draw.

Also if I need to I can dip into my sideboard for an instant I may need in the game.

So this deck is a lot fun so far and my friends hate playing it 1v1 and in multi-player it does pretty decent.

FoxBlade has 467 Posts

Old 12-14-2008

Finland pixels
Fallout Shelter Cap. 6640
 pixels is clearly better than youpixels is clearly better than youpixels is clearly better than youpixels is clearly better than youpixels is clearly better than youpixels is clearly better than youpixels is clearly better than youpixels is clearly better than youpixels is clearly better than youpixels is clearly better than youpixels is clearly better than you

holy shit there is a thread on here (bf) about m:tg. i just started playing like 2 weeks ago. been having a lot of fun with it.

i learned on Jace's deck (from the Jace v Chandra duel decks). it was a lot of fun, and i won a bunch of games, each in a different way (once with Guile, once with a ton of flyers, and another with just a ton of creatures). my dorm floor plays it (this is a special interest photography floor we're talking about, but we've been into pokemon and other shit at times, it's pretty great).

anyway, i bought my own deck (battle blitz from eventide) and some bulk card sets to modify it with. some people from other floors and shit that my girlfriend found (she plays a modified mortal coil from shadowmoor that deals a shit-ton of -1/-1 counters everywhere).

here's what i run:
general creatures
4 Duergar Assailant
4 Boros Swiftblade
2 Duergar Hedge-Mage
2 Cinder Pyromancer
4 Hearthfire Hobgoblin
2 Belligerent Hatchling
2 Spitemare

power creatures
Hateflayer
Caldera Hellion
Balefire Liege
Thundermare
Flameblast Dragon
Outrage Shaman
Hissing Iguanar

Enchants/Artifacts/Instants/Sorcery
4 Scourge of the Nobilis
2 Scourglass
4 Puncture Blast
4 Fire at Will
1 Unwilling Recruit

land
Jungle Shrine
Grixis Panorama
14 Mountain
11 Plains

pixels has 15,419 Posts

Abolition of the wage system.

Canon XSi \ Canon f/2.8 20mm \ Sigma f/2.8 105mm \ Canon f/4-5.6 55-250mm | pixels' photos | pixels' specs | pixels' art

pm.gif Send a message via ICQ to pixels Send a message via MSN to pixels  

Old 12-14-2008

The Philosopher

Well your deck looks decent however it looks like you have quite a few cards. You might want to slim it down to 60, otherwise you might end up with quite a few dead cards in your hand (judging from what you have in the deck) and you'll be able to get the cards you need faster.

I'd also say you have too many lands cause it looks like you're going for an aggro deck, so you might just want to base your deck around a few creatures to speed it up and get your win condition cards faster. What I mean is you have quite a few power creatures yet you could probably ditch all of them and put in more optimal cards.

Hearthfire Goblin and Boros Swiftblade are really good, and you have a cinder mage so you might want to put in either some pump and/or some burn to make better use of double strike and Cinder Pyromancer.

Speaking of burn: fire at will, unwilling recruit, scourglass and even puncture blast don't seem to go very good with your deck so you might want to replace them with things that are more optimal like Kindle, lightning bolt, lightning helix, incinerate, and volcanic hammer.

Also as far as lands go you may want to consider the following lands to help give you the mana you need: Battlefield forge, Rugged Prairie, and Sacred Foundry and then cut your lands down to 20 and ditch both Jungle Shrine & Grixis Panorama (as neither are optimal for your deck).

FoxBlade has 467 Posts

Old 12-14-2008

Finland pixels
 pixels is clearly better than youpixels is clearly better than youpixels is clearly better than youpixels is clearly better than youpixels is clearly better than youpixels is clearly better than youpixels is clearly better than youpixels is clearly better than youpixels is clearly better than youpixels is clearly better than youpixels is clearly better than you

I don't play professionally, and I never plan on it. I play for fun, which means having creatures I actually like (in terms of art, and their effects). That's why I have the power creatures I do, and that's also why I have Scourglass (which has won me a battle). There are a lot of cards, and I understand that some might be better replacements than others (such as Puncture Blast for something else), but, again, I'm not terribly serious about playing, and I don't care about "uber dex" that are fine tuned with super calculated percentages.

Anyway, I'm planning on building a strictly black Zombie deck based around Death Baron (2/2 creature that gives Skeletons and Zombies +1/+1 and deathtouch). A friend gave me the following cards, also:

4 Festering Goblin
2 Call to the Grave
Ghastly Remains
Gravespawn Sovereign
Phyrexian Delver
Nefashu
Mass of Ghouls

If you have any recommendations as to what deck I can buy as a base for modification with the above, I would appreciate your input on that.

pixels has 15,419 Posts

Canon XSi \ Canon f/2.8 20mm \ Sigma f/2.8 105mm \ Canon f/4-5.6 55-250mm | pixels' photos | pixels' specs | pixels' art

Old 12-14-2008

The Philosopher

Oh sure no problem, I'm just used to playing competitively so when I give advice I try to give the best I can to make a deck optimal.

As far as Zombies go Phyrexian Delver isn't very good so I would probably ditch that card and Nefashu is pretty expensive and you probably don't need it so I'd ditch that card too, Mass of Ghouls is also kind of expensive.

If you're basing your deck around death baron you could get away with cheaper creatures because your opponent will be very hesitant to attack/block you anyway so I'd go with cheaper ones that also pump.

Some recommendations:

Boneknitter - would go great with your deck - very cheap and you can regen all your zombies.

Carrion Feeder - is also a nice 1 drop that you can pump up by sacrificing creatures and if you're going zombie sacing isn't that big a deal.

Lord of the Undead - pumps all your zombies +1 to P/T and you can return zombies from your graveyard to your hand - definitely a must for any zombie deck.

Frightshroud Courier - is a 3 drop that allows you to give a zombie +2 P/T and fear, not bad.

Putrid Imp - 1 drop flying zombie

Shepard of Rot - 2 drop zombie that allows you to deal 1 damage to every player for each zombie in play

Skirk Ridge Exhumer - two drop that allows you to put tokens of festering goblin into play by discarding a card

Soulless one - P/T is based on the number of zombies in play and in every graveyard, nice addition to any zombie deck

Stromgald Crusader - nice 2 drop has protection from white and you can pump him and give him flying

Undead Warchief - gives +2/+1 to your zombies and lowers zombie spells costs by 1 colorless (this includes any tribal zombie spells, not just creatures)

Whipstitched Zombie - 2/2 creature for 2, but you have to pay 1 black mana during your upkeep, not bad though

Withered Wretch - 2 drop zombie that gives you graveyard removal for specific cards.

Zombie Master - Gives all your zombies regen and swampwalk

Zombie Trailblazer - allows you to give your opponent a swamp and give a zombie your control swampwalk - goes great with zombie master

Gempalm polluter - is a pretty good card for zombies, when you cycle it it does 1 damage to an opponent for each zombie you have in play.

Korlash, Heir to blackblade - a rare legend that costs 4 but you can regen him and his P/T is based on how many swamps you have. Wouldn't recommend putting anymore than 2 in a deck because of his legend status.

Lim-Dul the necromancer - Not a zombie but is a legend and allows you to steal creatures your opponent controls once they die (so he goes great with death baron) and when you play that ability they come back as zombies. Again though because he's a legend, I wouldn't recommend putting anymore than 2 in a deck

As for non creatures:

Zombie infestation - 2 drop enchantment when you discard 2 cards you can put in a 2/2 zombie token

Cover of Darkness - 2 drop enchantment that gives all creatures of a type you want fear

Buried Alive - allows you to go through your deck and pick out a few creatures and stick them in your graveyard - which in a zombie deck is a good thing especially if you have lord of the undead out.

Feeding Frenzy - pretty good for creature removal (gives -X/-X for each zombie in play) and its a tribal instant

Hope this helps on your way to making a fun zombie deck!

Last edited by FoxBlade; 12-14-2008 at 04:03 AM.
FoxBlade has 467 Posts

Old 12-14-2008

Finland pixels

Wow, thanks a lot. Looks like I can make a pretty devastating zombie deck from some of those cards.

pixels has 15,419 Posts

Old 12-16-2008

Canada Bred
Ich Bin Brot
 Bred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulzBred did it for teh lulz

Look at getting a Call to the Grave (enchantment: At the beginning of every turn, a player must sacrifice a non-zombie creature.) cuz it gets fucking hilarious after awhile.

Bred has 8,696 Posts

i got atm machines for testicles..go me.. - Demon

pm.gif   

Old 12-19-2008

Finland pixels

Alright. I know what cards I'm getting for the Zombie deck, I'm just waiting to go home to go to a local cardshop to see what they have.

The next deck I want to build is a "mecha" deck. I really like the look of constructed creatures, particularly these I want to base a deck around them and the modular ability (entirely, or in part). Other than mech creatures, I would like the deck to be colorless, and to just have a random assortment of all the lands, so that I can make use of Sunburst and possibly one each of Bringer of the * Dawns.

pixels has 15,419 Posts

Old 12-22-2008

The Philosopher

Arcbound decks are pretty good, the most important one would probably be arcbound ravenger.

Oh a good card for those bringers is channel the suns, its green but worth it. Also if you're going colorless you might want to look into using artifact lands (for arcbound ravenger) or the Urza's lands (mine, powerplant, and tower).

FoxBlade has 467 Posts

Old 01-03-2009

The Philosopher

Mmm okay made a fun new deck based around tinker:

Creatures:
-------------------------------------------------
2 Tezzeret The Seeker
4 Trinket Mage
3 Vedalken Archmage
4 Arcbound Ravager
3 Ornithopter
4 Master of Etherium
2 Darksteel Colossus

Support:
4 Tinker
2 Cranial Plating
1 Darksteel Forge

Tool Box:
2 Pithing Needle
1 Feldon's Cane
1 Skullclamp
1 Voltaic Key
1 Relic of Progenitus
1 Grindstone
1 Neurok Hoversail
1 Cursed Scroll
2 O-Naginata

Lands:
16 Islands
4 Seat of synod

So basically the idea is to put out a 1 or less costing artifact and by turn 3 (at the soonest) put out a darksteel colossus. I also have in trinket mage to bust out the tool box should i need anything from it and Tezzeret for any other artifacts I might need. I also put in things that are good synergy for artifacts with the Vedalken Archmage and Master of Etherium. I also use skullclamp for draw for when I use ravanger/tinker (who wouldn't mind drawing two cards and putting out a Darksteel Colossus?).

FoxBlade has 467 Posts

Old 01-03-2009

Finland pixels

Haha. No wonder Tinker is banned in everything and restricted in Vintage.

Anyway, my Arcbound deck is broken. It's very slow, and I can't get my hands on the Arcbound Ravagers; far too expensive.

pixels has 15,419 Posts

Old 01-05-2009

The Philosopher

Yep, Tinker is broken as shit lol, but I play multi-player with a few friends so its not so broken there.

FoxBlade has 467 Posts