Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > General Forums > Chit Chat

Chit Chat Your Life, Your Thoughts, Your Nonsense.

Old 11-15-2008

No country specified. To select a country, go to User CP -> Edit Profile -> Country FoxBlade
The Philosopher
 FoxBlade is a name known to allFoxBlade is a name known to allFoxBlade is a name known to allFoxBlade is a name known to allFoxBlade is a name known to allFoxBlade is a name known to allFoxBlade is a name known to allFoxBlade is a name known to allFoxBlade is a name known to allFoxBlade is a name known to allFoxBlade is a name known to all
Default M:TG Thread

Anyone here play any M:TG?

I started playing again over the last year. My favorite deck so far has to be my Ninja/Faerie deck:

4 - Force of Will
4 - Daze
2 - Counter Spell
4 - SpellStutter Sprite
4 - Ninja of the Deep Hours
3 - Mistblade Shinobi
4 - Cloud of Faeries
4 - Standstill
3 - Cloud Sprite
2 - Walker of Secrete Ways
4 - Snap
3 - Surveilling Sprite
19 - Islands

So who plays and what's your favorite deck?

FoxBlade has 467 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to FoxBlade  

Old 11-15-2008

Canada DemolitionSquid
TestosterOWNAGE
 DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...

Sliver deck pwns j00.

DemolitionSquid has 7,740 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to DemolitionSquid  

Old 11-15-2008

No country specified. To select a country, go to User CP -> Edit Profile -> Country FoxBlade
The Philosopher
 FoxBlade is a name known to allFoxBlade is a name known to allFoxBlade is a name known to allFoxBlade is a name known to allFoxBlade is a name known to allFoxBlade is a name known to allFoxBlade is a name known to allFoxBlade is a name known to allFoxBlade is a name known to allFoxBlade is a name known to allFoxBlade is a name known to all

Ha, the only sliver I have trouble with vs. my deck is Root Sliver for obvious reasons.

FoxBlade has 467 Posts

Old 11-15-2008

United States Golgo 13
ಠ_ಠ
 Golgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too much

My favorite deck is probably Counter-Post. You just counter everything, wrath if they get too many creatures out, and make soldier tokens with Kjeldoran Outpost at the end of their turn and chip 'em down gradually.

Golgo 13 has 10,560 Posts

"The modern banking system manufactures money out of nothing. The process is perhaps the most astounding piece of sleight-of-hand that was ever invented. Banking was conceived in inequity and born in sin. But if you want to continue to be slaves of the bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, then let the bankers continue to create money and control credit."

- Josiah Charles, President of the Bank of England & 2nd richest man in Great Britain (1880-1941)

pm.gif   

Old 11-15-2008

The Philosopher

What's in it? Other than Wraith of God and Kjeldoran Outpost?

FoxBlade has 467 Posts

Old 11-15-2008

United States WindowlessHouse
BF Member
 WindowlessHouse reigns supremeWindowlessHouse reigns supremeWindowlessHouse reigns supremeWindowlessHouse reigns supremeWindowlessHouse reigns supremeWindowlessHouse reigns supremeWindowlessHouse reigns supremeWindowlessHouse reigns supremeWindowlessHouse reigns supremeWindowlessHouse reigns supremeWindowlessHouse reigns supreme

I, too, play M:TG. (This thread should be in Sports and More - I think.)

I don't play extended/legacy, and whatnot because I started way too late and I don't want to make huge investment to start them now. I started when Time Spiral came out, so you can see my problem here.

Drafts are where it's at; just did a triple SoA last night at FNM. I would include sealed, but Shards of Alara sealed blows.

I also play a standard goblin list because they're fun.

WindowlessHouse has 267 Posts

Democratically elected communists and dictators are illegitimate.

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to WindowlessHouse  

Old 11-15-2008

United States Ghost
haiku d'etat
 Ghost is clearly better than youGhost is clearly better than youGhost is clearly better than youGhost is clearly better than youGhost is clearly better than youGhost is clearly better than youGhost is clearly better than youGhost is clearly better than youGhost is clearly better than youGhost is clearly better than youGhost is clearly better than you

I just started playing over the summer, but I've already met alot of other people that play and have gotten quite a few into it.

my two favorite decks:

black/white:
2 - soul reap
1 - evershrike
1 - deathbringer liege
2 - voracious hatchling
2 - divinity of pride
1 - hallow
1 - souls of the faultless
1 - agent of masks
1 - archon of justice
4 - edge of the divinity
4 - nip gwyllion
2 - umbra stalker
1 - hallowed burial
1 - sun's bounty
1 - dawn charm
2 - batwing brume
1 - boon reflection
1 - rite of consumption
2 - syphon life
2 - unmake
1 - beseech the queen
1 - call to the netherworl
1 - diabolic tutor
2 - leechridden swamp
1 - fetid heath
8 - plains
14 - swamps

I've also got 2 cradle of vitality, another boon reflection, and 2 light from within coming in the mail.

red/white:
2 - seal of fire
3 - puncture blast
2 - flame javelin
2 - arcane teachings
2 - belligerent hatchling
2 - scourge of the nobilis
1 - blaze
2 - jaws of stone
1 - spitemare
1 - stigma lasher
1 - lava axe
1 - jaya ballard, task mage
1 - balefire liege
2 - nobilis of war
1 - flameblast dragon
1 - magma spray
3 - knight of meadowgrain
3 - volcanic hammer
1 - whipkeeper
2 - recumbent bliss
2 - recuperate
1 - sacred nectar
1 - ancestral tribute
2 - elsewhere flask
1 - angel of mercy
2 - outrage shaman
1 - rugged prairie
1 - ghitu encampment
6 - plains
14 - mountains

I've also got a green/black deck, but it doesn't really stack up to my other two.

Last edited by Ghost; 11-15-2008 at 05:43 PM.
Ghost has 2,746 Posts

this little light of mine, shine bright and blind the reaper's eyes
thanks Mtank for the sig!

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Ghost  

Old 11-16-2008

Australia Noise
Formerly Vangarde
 Noise reigns supremeNoise reigns supremeNoise reigns supremeNoise reigns supremeNoise reigns supremeNoise reigns supremeNoise reigns supremeNoise reigns supremeNoise reigns supremeNoise reigns supremeNoise reigns supreme

I used to play it. When I did, I didn't really get into popular decks and instead just made decks that were really fun and wacky (or themed). Here's a Forced Fruition deck I used to have (copy and pasted from my MTG text files):

--MANA-- 25
3 Shelldock Isle
19 Island
3 Mind Stone

--CREATURES-- 14
4 Dreamborn Muse
4 Drowner of Secrets
1 Serendib Sorcerer
2 Silvergill Douser
3 Scalpelexis

--SPELLS-- 17
4 Forced Fruition
4 Broken Ambitions
1 Delay
3 Traumatize
2 Evacuation
2 Unsummon
2 Shapeshifter's Marrow

--PLANESWALKERS-- 3
3 Jace Beleren

I remember another deck which revolved around simic cards and necroplasm, that one was amazing.

But I stopped playing because all the players were assholes, it was costing too much money and the new cards were crap. Also it's the anti-poon.

Noise has 1,051 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 11-16-2008

Moldova CajunMan
Viva La Resistance!
 CajunMan is clearly better than youCajunMan is clearly better than youCajunMan is clearly better than youCajunMan is clearly better than youCajunMan is clearly better than youCajunMan is clearly better than youCajunMan is clearly better than youCajunMan is clearly better than youCajunMan is clearly better than youCajunMan is clearly better than youCajunMan is clearly better than you

I got cards if anyone is lookin for a cheap stack. I got some of everything. Lots of fire and burn cards.

CajunMan has 4,107 Posts

"Innocence proves nothing"

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to CajunMan Send a message via MSN to CajunMan Send a message via Yahoo to CajunMan 

Old 11-17-2008

United States SpaceDominator
BF's Poolmeister
 SpaceDominator is made of winSpaceDominator is made of winSpaceDominator is made of winSpaceDominator is made of winSpaceDominator is made of winSpaceDominator is made of winSpaceDominator is made of winSpaceDominator is made of winSpaceDominator is made of winSpaceDominator is made of winSpaceDominator is made of win

I used to play M:TG all the time with my neighbors. I had developed what I thought was a pretty good black-red land/creature destruction deck that had no creatures.

Kevin's Land Destruction-Creature Destruction- Damage Deck

Content of Deck and Sideboard
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cards in deck: 60

(1) Seizures
(3) Lightning Blast
(3) Touch of Death
(1) Dry Spell
(1) Stench of Decay
(2) Fireball
(2) Dark Banishing
(1) Pestilence
(3) Dark Ritual
(1) Tremor
(1) Desolation
(9) Swamp
(6) Mountain
(1) Spitting Earth
(1) Festering Evil
(1) Torture
(1) Weakness
(1) Delirium
(3) Stone Rain
(2) Choking Sands
(3) Disintegrate
(1) Brush with Death
(1) Infernal Harvest
(1) Funeral March
(1) Meteor Shower
(1) Thunderbolt
(2) Soul Burn
(2) Lava Storm
(3) Terror
(1) Withering Boon

Cards in sideboard: 0

I had a ton of fun developing my own decks and then playing the actual game against my neighbors. Of course this was when I was in middle school primarily. lol.

However, I thought I'd bring up: http://www.magicworkstation.com/. It's a great site that lets you develop your own decks and also allows you to play M:TG online against other people.

I honestly stopped paying attention to the newest deck sets as well. However, if someone would be interested in telling me about the newer stuff I'd be more than glad to listen.
-SpaceDominator

SpaceDominator has 729 Posts

pm.gif Send a message via ICQ to SpaceDominator Send a message via AIM to SpaceDominator  

Old 11-17-2008

BlizzForums Erwin
dont call me daughter
 Erwin did it for teh lulzErwin did it for teh lulzErwin did it for teh lulzErwin did it for teh lulzErwin did it for teh lulzErwin did it for teh lulzErwin did it for teh lulzErwin did it for teh lulzErwin did it for teh lulzErwin did it for teh lulzErwin did it for teh lulz

real men played yugioh and pokemon when they were young.

Erwin has 11,880 Posts

the picture, it will remind me

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to Erwin  

Old 11-18-2008

United States Grog
-gy*
 Grog might just love this place a little bit too muchGrog might just love this place a little bit too muchGrog might just love this place a little bit too muchGrog might just love this place a little bit too muchGrog might just love this place a little bit too muchGrog might just love this place a little bit too muchGrog might just love this place a little bit too muchGrog might just love this place a little bit too muchGrog might just love this place a little bit too muchGrog might just love this place a little bit too muchGrog might just love this place a little bit too much

you know I never actually played the pokemon cardgame...just collected the cards lmao

Played the gameboy game pretty hardcore though.

Grog has 2,173 Posts

Are you such a dreamer
To put the world to rights?
I'll stay home forever
Where two and two always makes a five

I'll lay down the tracks
Sandbag and hide
January has April's showers
And two and two always makes a five

pm.gif   

Old 11-18-2008

No country specified. To select a country, go to User CP -> Edit Profile -> Country Pizza
Pizza
 Pizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whorePizza is obviously a rep whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erwin View Post
real men played yugioh and pokemon when they were young.
real men were already in college when yugio and pokemon cards came out

Pizza has 12,834 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 11-18-2008

BlizzForums Erwin
dont call me daughter
 Erwin did it for teh lulzErwin did it for teh lulzErwin did it for teh lulzErwin did it for teh lulzErwin did it for teh lulzErwin did it for teh lulzErwin did it for teh lulzErwin did it for teh lulzErwin did it for teh lulzErwin did it for teh lulzErwin did it for teh lulz

pizza, just because you're on the verge of diagnosis of prostate cancer, doesn't mean you've got to be sour towards those that arent.

Erwin has 11,880 Posts

the picture, it will remind me

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to Erwin  

Old 11-18-2008

United States Golgo 13
ಠ_ಠ
 Golgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceDominator View Post
I honestly stopped paying attention to the newest deck sets as well. However, if someone would be interested in telling me about the newer stuff I'd be more than glad to listen.
-SpaceDominator
It's 3-color jank.

Golgo 13 has 10,560 Posts

"The modern banking system manufactures money out of nothing. The process is perhaps the most astounding piece of sleight-of-hand that was ever invented. Banking was conceived in inequity and born in sin. But if you want to continue to be slaves of the bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, then let the bankers continue to create money and control credit."

- Josiah Charles, President of the Bank of England & 2nd richest man in Great Britain (1880-1941)

pm.gif