Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > General Forums > Chit Chat

Chit Chat Your Life, Your Thoughts, Your Nonsense.

Old 11-18-2008

Brazil Amok
Critter Christmas
 Amok is clearly better than youAmok is clearly better than youAmok is clearly better than youAmok is clearly better than youAmok is clearly better than youAmok is clearly better than youAmok is clearly better than youAmok is clearly better than youAmok is clearly better than youAmok is clearly better than youAmok is clearly better than you

Love it how it runs so smoothly even on my old pc.

Amok has 7,707 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 11-18-2008

Australia Noise
Formerly Vangarde
 Noise reigns supremeNoise reigns supremeNoise reigns supremeNoise reigns supremeNoise reigns supremeNoise reigns supremeNoise reigns supremeNoise reigns supremeNoise reigns supremeNoise reigns supremeNoise reigns supreme

You can get 4 copies of Left 4 Dead for $150 ($37.50 each), who wants to get in on this with me?

Noise has 1,051 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 11-19-2008

United States Golgo 13
ಠ_ಠ
 Golgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too much

Looks like Brad's plan didn't go so well:

The real plan here was probably to use Brad as bait so the other guys could make a clean getaway.

Last edited by Golgo 13; 11-19-2008 at 08:50 AM.
Golgo 13 has 10,559 Posts

"The modern banking system manufactures money out of nothing. The process is perhaps the most astounding piece of sleight-of-hand that was ever invented. Banking was conceived in inequity and born in sin. But if you want to continue to be slaves of the bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, then let the bankers continue to create money and control credit."

- Josiah Charles, President of the Bank of England & 2nd richest man in Great Britain (1880-1941)

pm.gif   

Old 11-19-2008

Poland spychi
Twilight Spychi
 spychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too much

This game is perfect lol
I love it and the lag was because of the host, it runs soooooooo smoooooooothly
I mean the Demo... cause in our country the full version will be on friday...fuck but I pre-ordered it so I'll get to play it.

Last edited by spychi; 11-19-2008 at 10:34 AM.
spychi has 3,254 Posts

Hidden Content:

The true epicness of StarCraft, StarCraft 2 and Mass Effect.
Interstella 5555
The 5tory of the 5ecret 5tar 5ystem

pm.gif   

Old 11-19-2008

Brazil Amok
Critter Christmas
 Amok is clearly better than youAmok is clearly better than youAmok is clearly better than youAmok is clearly better than youAmok is clearly better than youAmok is clearly better than youAmok is clearly better than youAmok is clearly better than youAmok is clearly better than youAmok is clearly better than youAmok is clearly better than you

My connection to steam keeps crashing when I try to find a game, plus it annoys me that I can't chose a game according to latency.

Amok has 7,707 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 11-19-2008

United States GenocideAlive
You Want My Shoes?
 GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...

Downloaded demo, played it, was underwhelmed.

You have a gun, you shoot zombies and try to survive. Hello, one dimension. The only noteworthy thing about it was that it actually fostered cooperation between 13 year old gaming pricks, which is saying a lot. If you let your teammates die, you're pretty much gone in the next wave.

"The horde" was by far the dumbest deus ex garbage I've ever seen. SUDDEN MASS OF ZOMBIES ATTACKING FOR NO APPARENT REASON! GONE! BACK TO THE BORING SNIPEFEST! ANOTHER HORDE OF ZOMBIES! SUPER ZOMBIE! SNIPEFEST!

The game is actually a little more fun when the people playing are shitty because then it's degrees harder. Otherwise playing on "hard" with four people that know how to play is like playing Ghost Recon with shitty guns bad weapons and cheesy "scare" tactics.

GenocideAlive has 2,277 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 11-19-2008

United States the.raven
BF Member
 the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgo 13 View Post
looks like brad's plan didn't go so well:

the real plan here was probably to use brad as bait so the other guys could make a clean getaway.
braaaaddd jennkiinnnss

the.raven has 1,016 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 11-20-2008

United States Golgo 13
ಠ_ಠ
 Golgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.raven View Post
braaaaddd jennkiinnnss

"The modern banking system manufactures money out of nothing. The process is perhaps the most astounding piece of sleight-of-hand that was ever invented. Banking was conceived in inequity and born in sin. But if you want to continue to be slaves of the bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, then let the bankers continue to create money and control credit."

- Josiah Charles, President of the Bank of England & 2nd richest man in Great Britain (1880-1941)

pm.gif   

Old 11-20-2008

United States Golgo 13
ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenocideAlive View Post
Downloaded demo, played it, was underwhelmed.
The game is pretty straightforward. Much like how Counter-Strike is about eliminating the opposing side and/or completing the map objective and Portal is about using portals as a puzzle-solving tool to get to the cake at the end, Left 4 Dead is about blasting waves of infected to reach the goal.

That being said, the best thing to come out of this game is probably gonna be the third-party mods that come our down the road since there's a lot of potential there to expand and make the game more comprehensive,

Last edited by Golgo 13; 11-20-2008 at 11:13 PM.

pm.gif   

Old 11-21-2008

Colombia EvDelific
BF Member
 EvDelific is just really niceEvDelific is just really niceEvDelific is just really niceEvDelific is just really nice

I really like it, tons of fun right there.
However, as am I relatively new to Steam I find myself without survivor friends, the wich to go and survive with; specially because I kind of suck at it--surviving, psh, you know? :/

EvDelific has 90 Posts

-"
Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure."

pm.gif   

Old 11-21-2008

Australia Noise
Formerly Vangarde
 Noise reigns supremeNoise reigns supremeNoise reigns supremeNoise reigns supremeNoise reigns supremeNoise reigns supremeNoise reigns supremeNoise reigns supremeNoise reigns supremeNoise reigns supremeNoise reigns supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvDelific View Post
I really like it, tons of fun right there.
However, as am I relatively new to Steam I find myself without survivor friends, the wich to go and survive with; specially because I kind of suck at it--surviving, psh, you know? :/
I don't have any steam friends, I just join random games, all good!

Noise has 1,051 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 11-21-2008

United States Golgo 13
ಠ_ಠ

Beat No Mercy in single player on Advanced. Goddamn was that hospital tough at the end. You have to take out 2 tanks and what's probably 15 waves of zombies. There's a machine gun on mounted top of the building, but it doesn't do you much good since most the zombies come from the sides where it can't reach.

pm.gif   

Old 11-21-2008

Canada bunem
Get Some!
 bunem reigns supremebunem reigns supremebunem reigns supremebunem reigns supremebunem reigns supremebunem reigns supremebunem reigns supremebunem reigns supremebunem reigns supremebunem reigns supremebunem reigns supreme

Yeah I beat that in co-op, it was tough, but so much fun. I acctually got punched right off the building on our first run, and we all ended up dying.

bunem has 302 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to bunem  

Old 11-21-2008

United States GordonFreeman
Messiah
 GordonFreeman is a name known to allGordonFreeman is a name known to allGordonFreeman is a name known to allGordonFreeman is a name known to allGordonFreeman is a name known to allGordonFreeman is a name known to allGordonFreeman is a name known to allGordonFreeman is a name known to allGordonFreeman is a name known to allGordonFreeman is a name known to allGordonFreeman is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golgo 13 View Post
Beat No Mercy in single player on Advanced. Goddamn was that hospital tough at the end. You have to take out 2 tanks and what's probably 15 waves of zombies. There's a machine gun on mounted top of the building, but it doesn't do you much good since most the zombies come from the sides where it can't reach.

I think the No Mercy ending might be the hardest one, at least that's what I've found. It's such a large area it makes it really hard to cover.

GordonFreeman has 701 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to GordonFreeman  

Old 11-22-2008

United States Golgo 13
ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunem View Post
Yeah I beat that in co-op, it was tough, but so much fun. I acctually got punched right off the building on our first run, and we all ended up dying.
Yeah, took me like 7 or 8 runs to beat it since it was just me and some bots. Fucking tank punched me off the building on like the 4th run.

I think the assault riffle is actually better than the auto shotty for situations like that since it has a longer sustained firing time and reloads much faster. It blows through ammo a lot quicker, but there's a pile of it in the room you can go back to.

If you can get the tank to try to go through the window opening instead of the doorway, you can dump a few clips into him before he wiggles his way through. Managed to get one of them coming from inside the building that way.

Last edited by Golgo 13; 11-22-2008 at 04:58 AM.

pm.gif