Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > General Forums > Chit Chat

Chit Chat Your Life, Your Thoughts, Your Nonsense.

Old 11-15-2008

United States Alexander
Pew Pew
 Alexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwns

Quote:
Originally Posted by spychi View Post
Well I think about buying this game
I need to buy GTAIV, Left4Dead, orginal Red Alert 3, some classics that yet don't own... oh man I hope that my brothers will buy me some games in England, cause I'll be be broke this xmas lol
Get GTA IV last, it's not that good.

Alexander has 1,497 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Alexander  

Old 11-15-2008

Canada warhog
Resigned. 2000-2008.
 warhog is a name known to allwarhog is a name known to allwarhog is a name known to allwarhog is a name known to allwarhog is a name known to allwarhog is a name known to allwarhog is a name known to allwarhog is a name known to allwarhog is a name known to allwarhog is a name known to allwarhog is a name known to all

Been demoing it. It's flipping amazing.

warhog has 1,314 Posts

::: Works-In-Progress :: My Website/Blog :::
Warhog - LHQ/Blizzforums Staff: 2000 - 2008.
Photographer
Yeah, I've retired. About bloody time, eh?

pm.gif   

Old 11-15-2008

United States the.raven
BF Member
 the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!

is L4D really worth paying $50 for? I mean it looks fun, but portal was $20 and TF2 was $20 so why is L4D $50????

the.raven has 1,016 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 11-15-2008

Canada Meteora
Sniper in the mist
 Meteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supremeMeteora reigns supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.raven View Post
is L4D really worth paying $50 for? I mean it looks fun, but portal was $20 and TF2 was $20 so why is L4D $50????
Because you have to consider Portal being a few hours long of a game and TF2 is only a multiplayer game. Plus the Orange Box is probably one of those games that happen to be the biggest gaming bargain of the century. It doesn't happen very often. Fuck as if I would know why they made the Orange Box in the first place.

And yes it should be worth the price. Just wait for the reviews and see what others think about the game and replayability before buying.

Meteora has 12,746 Posts

: : : : [StarCraft 2 Forums Veteran] : : : : [Call of Duty 4 Hardcore Player] : : : : [Proud To Be Canadian] : : : :

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to Meteora  

Old 11-16-2008

United States Alexander
Pew Pew
 Alexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwnsAlexander simply pwns

$50 dollars is pretty standard for a game, and Valve tends to make better games than most other companies. Better than the shit being pumped out by EA for the same price.

Alexander has 1,497 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Alexander  

Old 11-16-2008

Moldova CajunMan
Viva La Resistance!
 CajunMan is clearly better than youCajunMan is clearly better than youCajunMan is clearly better than youCajunMan is clearly better than youCajunMan is clearly better than youCajunMan is clearly better than youCajunMan is clearly better than youCajunMan is clearly better than youCajunMan is clearly better than youCajunMan is clearly better than youCajunMan is clearly better than you

It will be so work it. The demo alone was amasing. God this is gonna be fucking intense.

CajunMan has 4,107 Posts

"Innocence proves nothing"

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to CajunMan Send a message via MSN to CajunMan Send a message via Yahoo to CajunMan 

Old 11-16-2008

United States the.raven
BF Member
 the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!the.raven is one BAD motha--SHUTCHOMOUF!

what is the multiplayer like? how many players per server? what if non of my friends have the game can I still easily find people to coop with?

the.raven has 1,016 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 11-17-2008

Canada warhog
Resigned. 2000-2008.
 warhog is a name known to allwarhog is a name known to allwarhog is a name known to allwarhog is a name known to allwarhog is a name known to allwarhog is a name known to allwarhog is a name known to allwarhog is a name known to allwarhog is a name known to allwarhog is a name known to allwarhog is a name known to all

Why don't you just demo it? It's free.

As to your questions: The demo only has co-op campaign... which is 4 players. Finding people is as easy as clicking a button.

warhog has 1,314 Posts

::: Works-In-Progress :: My Website/Blog :::
Warhog - LHQ/Blizzforums Staff: 2000 - 2008.
Photographer
Yeah, I've retired. About bloody time, eh?

pm.gif   

Old 11-17-2008

Poland spychi
Twilight Spychi
 spychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too much

So I activated a steam account and I'm dl'ing the game.
BTW do I have to pay for Steam?

Edit: The game in co-op is quite good but fucking laggy

Last edited by spychi; 11-17-2008 at 07:05 AM.
spychi has 3,254 Posts

Hidden Content:

The true epicness of StarCraft, StarCraft 2 and Mass Effect.
Interstella 5555
The 5tory of the 5ecret 5tar 5ystem

pm.gif   

Old 11-17-2008

United States Golgo 13
ಠ_ಠ
 Golgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too much

Must have been the host you were connected to. Games ran smooth for me.

I can clear the demo on every mode but expert. You can't beat that second level. It's fucking impossible. The tank has like a million HP and will not go down, plus you get virtually no health items and if weapons don't appear on the table by the ticket booths then you're not going to make it too far.

Golgo 13 has 10,559 Posts

"The modern banking system manufactures money out of nothing. The process is perhaps the most astounding piece of sleight-of-hand that was ever invented. Banking was conceived in inequity and born in sin. But if you want to continue to be slaves of the bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, then let the bankers continue to create money and control credit."

- Josiah Charles, President of the Bank of England & 2nd richest man in Great Britain (1880-1941)

pm.gif   

Old 11-17-2008

Poland spychi
Twilight Spychi
 spychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too muchspychi might just love this place a little bit too much

Gonna pre-order it right now

spychi has 3,254 Posts

Hidden Content:

The true epicness of StarCraft, StarCraft 2 and Mass Effect.
Interstella 5555
The 5tory of the 5ecret 5tar 5ystem

pm.gif   

Old 11-17-2008

United States Golgo 13
ಠ_ಠ
 Golgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too muchGolgo 13 might just love this place a little bit too much

Managed to beat the demo on expert, but I think the only reason we made it was because a tank didn't spawn.

"The modern banking system manufactures money out of nothing. The process is perhaps the most astounding piece of sleight-of-hand that was ever invented. Banking was conceived in inequity and born in sin. But if you want to continue to be slaves of the bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, then let the bankers continue to create money and control credit."

- Josiah Charles, President of the Bank of England & 2nd richest man in Great Britain (1880-1941)

pm.gif   

Old 11-18-2008

Australia Noise
Formerly Vangarde
 Noise reigns supremeNoise reigns supremeNoise reigns supremeNoise reigns supremeNoise reigns supremeNoise reigns supremeNoise reigns supremeNoise reigns supremeNoise reigns supremeNoise reigns supremeNoise reigns supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by spychi View Post
So I activated a steam account and I'm dl'ing the game.
BTW do I have to pay for Steam?
No, but you generally buy games on it.

I'm gonna get this game when it's out. Looks mad! Lately I've been playin' Doom 1 & 2, Blood and Duke3D so hopefully this game will fulfill my hunger for intense fast-paced violence (that modern games rarely capture) with the latest technology. It's valve so it must be good.

Noise has 1,051 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 11-18-2008

United States Golgo 13
ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vangarde View Post
I'm gonna get this game when it's out. Looks mad! Lately I've been playin' Doom 1 & 2, Blood and Duke3D so hopefully this game will fulfill my hunger for intense fast-paced violence...
Oh yeah, that it will. It gets even better as you crank the difficulty up. Don't play it on anything other than advanced at the minimum. You'll be blasting so hard when the action hits that you'll be reloading 1 or 2 shells at a time while pushing zombies off of you and capping with dual pistols until the clips run dry. I'm using a logitech laser mouse with mappable buttons and it really helps speed my game up since I can crouch, quick toggle between pistols and rifle, and reload while still keeping my left hand dedicated to nothing but movement. You'll have to push zombies away while you're in a firefight in order to get some reload action in, so it's a good idea to set that to MOUSE2.

I find the auto shotty to be ideal at quickly clearing out legions of undead, although it spends the 10 shots of ammo it holds rather quick. Also you have to be careful not to shoot your allies. When you have a shotgun and you get in really cramped quarters, like when you're all packed in a subway car and people are in front of you, then you'll probably want to get up on the seats on the side and switch to pistols so you can get some shots in. Just watch out for smokers trying to tongue you through the windows or any zombies coming in the back door.

Last edited by Golgo 13; 11-18-2008 at 06:13 AM.

pm.gif   

Old 11-18-2008

Canada bunem
Get Some!
 bunem reigns supremebunem reigns supremebunem reigns supremebunem reigns supremebunem reigns supremebunem reigns supremebunem reigns supremebunem reigns supremebunem reigns supremebunem reigns supremebunem reigns supreme

So I picked it up last night. Early release at EB. I get home, try to install the game, and of course good ol' steam tells me that the game cannot be registered or played until 12:01 AM EST. When all was said and done, I didn't even get to play it.

I hate steam.

bunem has 302 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to bunem