Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > StarCraft Discussion

StarCraft Discussion StarCraft & Brood War lie herein.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes


Old 02-17-2009
 
#16
United States Moradon
BF Member
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 134
 Moradon is dominating!Moradon is dominating!Moradon is dominating!Moradon is dominating!Moradon is dominating!Moradon is dominating!Moradon is dominating!Moradon is dominating!Moradon is dominating!Moradon is dominating!Moradon is dominating!
Default Re: Beta, release, and general timeline updates from Dustin "Cavez" Browder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAm View Post
I seriously don't care what your Blizzard fanboys say. The fact remains they have been working on this for 7 years now and do nothing it seems but provide false hope of releasing it and a sense of mediocrity in aspects of the game. Whatever.. you fanboys will be sad when its finally released and you're going to ask yourself, "....wtf?! I waited 8 years for this..?!"
The only disappointment I will feel is if Blizzard releases an unfinished game just to please some impatient fans.

"It will be done when it's done". That's all that I expect.
 
 

Moradon is offline


pm.gif   
Reply With Quote


Old 02-17-2009
 
#17
United States Crazy_Jonny
I'm Game...
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 632
 Crazy_Jonny is a name known to allCrazy_Jonny is a name known to allCrazy_Jonny is a name known to allCrazy_Jonny is a name known to allCrazy_Jonny is a name known to allCrazy_Jonny is a name known to allCrazy_Jonny is a name known to allCrazy_Jonny is a name known to allCrazy_Jonny is a name known to allCrazy_Jonny is a name known to allCrazy_Jonny is a name known to all
Default Re: Beta, release, and general timeline updates from Dustin "Cavez" Browder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAm View Post
I seriously don't care what your Blizzard fanboys say. The fact remains they have been working on this for 7 years now and do nothing it seems but provide false hope of releasing it and a sense of mediocrity in aspects of the game. Whatever.. you fanboys will be sad when its finally released and you're going to ask yourself, "....wtf?! I waited 8 years for this..?!"
Lol, me a fanboy...arent we all a little bit?

Honestly, I can look at it from your point of view and say "ok, theyre talking to damn long, and need to finish this game" and it wouldnt make a difference. I'd still look like a fanboy who just cant wait for his StarCraft fix.

And even though I really like Blizzard and believe alot of what they say, I dont think theyve been working on this game 100% since 2003.

And if your gonna seriously give me the "ive been waiting 8 years" excuse, go play something else while you wait. If you think the game wasnt worth the wait, then I will understand you, but thats not the case.
 
Crazy_Jonny has 632 Posts

StarCraft II Trilogy = 1 game + 2 expansions, not so hard right?
 

Crazy_Jonny is offline


pm.gif   
Reply With Quote


Old 02-17-2009
 
#18
United States UED Special Ops
BF Vet
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,775
 UED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightenedUED Special Ops has become enlightened
Default Re: Beta, release, and general timeline updates from Dustin "Cavez" Browder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAm View Post
I seriously don't care what your Blizzard fanboys say. The fact remains they have been working on this for 7 years now and do nothing it seems but provide false hope of releasing it and a sense of mediocrity in aspects of the game. Whatever.. you fanboys will be sad when its finally released and you're going to ask yourself, "....wtf?! I waited 8 years for this..?!"
Oh no, someone is calling us Blizz fanboys on a site called BlizzForums in a section of said site dedicated to discussion of SC2! The horror, the horror.

Think what you want, but like Crazy_Jonny said, I doubt that Blizz has been working non-stop on SC2 for 7 years. Oh, and what mediocrity in aspects of the game are you talking about exactly? Blizz has a reputation for taking their time and releasing finished products when they are ready. If you want a game that is pumped out quickly and needs patch after patch to fix, go buy something from, oh, EA, they certainly pump those games out fast. Sure Red Alert 3 had like 2-3 patches within a week or 2, and it didn't really bring anything new to the table, but it didn't take years and years to come out, so you should be happy with it.

Take your trolling somewhere else, as while smacking down trolls is fun, I have other things to do today.
 
UED Special Ops has 4,775 Posts

06-27-06: The date that BF returned!!
 

UED Special Ops is offline


pm.gif   
Reply With Quote


Old 02-17-2009
 
#19
United States Nicol Bolas
BF Member
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,095
 Nicol Bolas has been here far, far too longNicol Bolas has been here far, far too longNicol Bolas has been here far, far too longNicol Bolas has been here far, far too longNicol Bolas has been here far, far too longNicol Bolas has been here far, far too longNicol Bolas has been here far, far too longNicol Bolas has been here far, far too longNicol Bolas has been here far, far too longNicol Bolas has been here far, far too longNicol Bolas has been here far, far too long
Default Re: Beta, release, and general timeline updates from Dustin "Cavez" Browder.

Quote:
The fact remains they have been working on this for 7 years now
No, they have not.

It has now been 1.5 years or so since the first real info on SC2. Considering the maturity of that form of the game (ie: good enough to present and be seen in a positive light), I'd say it's been worked on as a real project for about 1 to 1.5 years before that (using WC3's codebase as a starting point). So odds are, the game has been in development for 3 years.

Quote:
wtf?! I waited 8 years for this
And there's the problem with this attitude.

I'm not "waiting for SC2", as though I'm putting my life on hold until the game comes out. If it comes out in 6 months, fine. If it comes out in a year and a half, fine. I'll buy it when it comes out. But I'm not losing sleep over the fact that the game isn't out.

The "wait" is in no way damaging to my estimation of the game's eventually quality. I am not pining over the game. I am not suspending any activities until the game comes out. I am not pinning my overall psychological well-being on when this game hits and how good it is. The game will arrive when it arrives, and it will have the quality that it has. I will not morn if the game is crappy.

In short, it's just a game!
 

"I still haven't heard a reason why clicks spent overcoming interface limitations to build troops are somehow more indicative of skill than clicks spent maneuvering units and using abilities." - SpiderBrigade
 

Nicol Bolas is offline


pm.gif   
Reply With Quote


Old 02-17-2009
 
#20
Canada pureWasted
Temporary Generic Title
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,438
 pureWasted is a name known to allpureWasted is a name known to allpureWasted is a name known to allpureWasted is a name known to allpureWasted is a name known to allpureWasted is a name known to allpureWasted is a name known to allpureWasted is a name known to allpureWasted is a name known to allpureWasted is a name known to allpureWasted is a name known to all
Default Re: Beta, release, and general timeline updates from Dustin "Cavez" Browder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAm View Post
I seriously don't care what your Blizzard fanboys say. The fact remains they have been working on this for 7 years now and do nothing it seems but provide false hope of releasing it and a sense of mediocrity in aspects of the game. Whatever.. you fanboys will be sad when its finally released and you're going to ask yourself, "....wtf?! I waited 8 years for this..?!"
Sounds like you're the only one disappointed. I guess the rest of us have been a little too preoccupied with the parts of our lives that don't revolve around Starcraft... Seriously, all your bitching is actually making me wish SC2 will be worse, just to increase your suffering... given my hopes and expectations, however, that's a very confusing emotion. =(
 
pureWasted has 2,438 Posts

My TV Blog

My DeviantArt

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.
 

pureWasted is offline


pm.gif   
Reply With Quote


Old 02-17-2009
 
#21
United States Crazy_Jonny
I'm Game...
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 632
 Crazy_Jonny is a name known to allCrazy_Jonny is a name known to allCrazy_Jonny is a name known to allCrazy_Jonny is a name known to allCrazy_Jonny is a name known to allCrazy_Jonny is a name known to allCrazy_Jonny is a name known to allCrazy_Jonny is a name known to allCrazy_Jonny is a name known to allCrazy_Jonny is a name known to allCrazy_Jonny is a name known to all
Default Re: Beta, release, and general timeline updates from Dustin "Cavez" Browder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pureWasted View Post
Sounds like you're the only one disappointed. I guess the rest of us have been a little too preoccupied with the parts of our lives that don't revolve around Starcraft... Seriously, all your bitching is actually making me wish SC2 will be worse, just to increase your suffering... given my hopes and expectations, however, that's a very confusing emotion. =(
Funny, I kinda felt the same way. I think this might be the stupidest argument Ive ever had. I mean, if Blizzard could make the game come out right now, dont you think they would do it?

Even I have days where Im all like "damn, I want this game to come out already, BLIZZARD RELEASE OR I SMASH YOU!!!"; but insulting other people because they try inserting logic in the situation is... ignorant.

I guess thats what happens from lack of info. I might just leave for a while.... and now my rambling is done.
 
Crazy_Jonny has 632 Posts

StarCraft II Trilogy = 1 game + 2 expansions, not so hard right?
 

Crazy_Jonny is offline


pm.gif   
Reply With Quote


Old 02-17-2009
 
#22
United States TychusFindlayII
BF Member
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 262
 TychusFindlayII is dominating!TychusFindlayII is dominating!TychusFindlayII is dominating!TychusFindlayII is dominating!TychusFindlayII is dominating!TychusFindlayII is dominating!TychusFindlayII is dominating!TychusFindlayII is dominating!TychusFindlayII is dominating!TychusFindlayII is dominating!TychusFindlayII is dominating!
Default Re: Beta, release, and general timeline updates from Dustin "Cavez" Browder.

@iAm: There's a reason Blizzard makes games we're so highly anticipating and can play over a decade after it's release. I think you should respect that.

In addition, I second everything Nicol said

Also, serious work on this game didn't finish until World Of WarCraft shipped so it's only been for four years since then. Where's your logic now? This was confirmed at the time of StarCraft 2's announcement.
 

Last edited by TychusFindlayII; 02-17-2009 at 09:40 PM.
TychusFindlayII has 262 Posts



Blizzard Entertainment is not responsible for any pain or suffering resulting from personal needs for specific products, applications, or information regarding said products in which Blizzard owns rights, equities or personal interest in. Blizzard Entertainment reserves the right to withhold any information it deems not necessary or too awesome to release at this time regardless of any individual's proclaiming any threats towards their personal safety or the safety of any others.
 

TychusFindlayII is offline


pm.gif   
Reply With Quote


Old 02-17-2009
 
#23
United States iAm
BF Member
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 520
 iAm is unstoppable!iAm is unstoppable!iAm is unstoppable!iAm is unstoppable!iAm is unstoppable!iAm is unstoppable!iAm is unstoppable!iAm is unstoppable!iAm is unstoppable!iAm is unstoppable!iAm is unstoppable!
Default Re: Beta, release, and general timeline updates from Dustin "Cavez" Browder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UED Special Ops View Post
Oh no, someone is calling us Blizz fanboys on a site called BlizzForums in a section of said site dedicated to discussion of SC2! The horror, the horror.

Think what you want, but like Crazy_Jonny said, I doubt that Blizz has been working non-stop on SC2 for 7 years. Oh, and what mediocrity in aspects of the game are you talking about exactly? Blizz has a reputation for taking their time and releasing finished products when they are ready. If you want a game that is pumped out quickly and needs patch after patch to fix, go buy something from, oh, EA, they certainly pump those games out fast. Sure Red Alert 3 had like 2-3 patches within a week or 2, and it didn't really bring anything new to the table, but it didn't take years and years to come out, so you should be happy with it.

Take your trolling somewhere else, as while smacking down trolls is fun, I have other things to do today.
They will have to patch SC2 after its released a ton anyway. Its a fact of nature. Imbalances will be found and will be required to patch. They will not get all the kinks out in beta, so expect a good handful of patches in the years to com after SC2 is released.
 
iAm has 520 Posts
 

iAm is offline


pm.gif   
Reply With Quote


Old 02-17-2009
 
#24
United States TychusFindlayII
BF Member
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 262
 TychusFindlayII is dominating!TychusFindlayII is dominating!TychusFindlayII is dominating!TychusFindlayII is dominating!TychusFindlayII is dominating!TychusFindlayII is dominating!TychusFindlayII is dominating!TychusFindlayII is dominating!TychusFindlayII is dominating!TychusFindlayII is dominating!TychusFindlayII is dominating!
Default Re: Beta, release, and general timeline updates from Dustin "Cavez" Browder.

What's your point?
 
TychusFindlayII has 262 Posts



Blizzard Entertainment is not responsible for any pain or suffering resulting from personal needs for specific products, applications, or information regarding said products in which Blizzard owns rights, equities or personal interest in. Blizzard Entertainment reserves the right to withhold any information it deems not necessary or too awesome to release at this time regardless of any individual's proclaiming any threats towards their personal safety or the safety of any others.
 

TychusFindlayII is offline


pm.gif   
Reply With Quote


Old 02-17-2009
 
#25
United States Nicol Bolas
BF Member
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,095
 Nicol Bolas has been here far, far too longNicol Bolas has been here far, far too longNicol Bolas has been here far, far too longNicol Bolas has been here far, far too longNicol Bolas has been here far, far too longNicol Bolas has been here far, far too longNicol Bolas has been here far, far too longNicol Bolas has been here far, far too longNicol Bolas has been here far, far too longNicol Bolas has been here far, far too longNicol Bolas has been here far, far too long
Default Re: Beta, release, and general timeline updates from Dustin "Cavez" Browder.

Quote:
They will have to patch SC2 after its released a ton anyway. Its a fact of nature. Imbalances will be found and will be required to patch. They will not get all the kinks out in beta, so expect a good handful of patches in the years to com after SC2 is released.
Yes, but a good portion of their audience is going to buy the game on day 1. And screwing over a good portion of your audience when they went out of their way to buy your game on day 1 (aka, your biggest fans) is not a wise course of action, if you want to retain your biggest fans.

Obviously, there will be patches and balance fixes; there's a difference between a beta with a few thousand people and a live game with millions hammering on it. But that doesn't excuse shoddy workmanship that could have been corrected with more reasonable and responsible development.
 

"I still haven't heard a reason why clicks spent overcoming interface limitations to build troops are somehow more indicative of skill than clicks spent maneuvering units and using abilities." - SpiderBrigade
 

Nicol Bolas is offline


pm.gif   
Reply With Quote


Old 02-17-2009
 
#26
Canada Wankey
BF Member
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 386
 Wankey has been here far, far too longWankey has been here far, far too longWankey has been here far, far too longWankey has been here far, far too longWankey has been here far, far too longWankey has been here far, far too longWankey has been here far, far too longWankey has been here far, far too longWankey has been here far, far too longWankey has been here far, far too longWankey has been here far, far too long
Default Re: Beta, release, and general timeline updates from Dustin "Cavez" Browder.

I recommend to those who have put their lives on hold for SC2 to find a girl and get a room.

You'll be too busy to worry about SC2's development.
 
 

Wankey is offline


pm.gif   
Reply With Quote


Old 02-17-2009
 
#27
United States TychusFindlayII
BF Member
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 262
 TychusFindlayII is dominating!TychusFindlayII is dominating!TychusFindlayII is dominating!TychusFindlayII is dominating!TychusFindlayII is dominating!TychusFindlayII is dominating!TychusFindlayII is dominating!TychusFindlayII is dominating!TychusFindlayII is dominating!TychusFindlayII is dominating!TychusFindlayII is dominating!
Default Re: Beta, release, and general timeline updates from Dustin "Cavez" Browder.

You don't even have to do that. Go play some other Blizzard games or something else. It does wonders!
 
TychusFindlayII has 262 Posts



Blizzard Entertainment is not responsible for any pain or suffering resulting from personal needs for specific products, applications, or information regarding said products in which Blizzard owns rights, equities or personal interest in. Blizzard Entertainment reserves the right to withhold any information it deems not necessary or too awesome to release at this time regardless of any individual's proclaiming any threats towards their personal safety or the safety of any others.
 

TychusFindlayII is offline


pm.gif   
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:37 PM.
Designed by XG3