Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > StarCraft Discussion

StarCraft Discussion StarCraft & Brood War lie herein.

Old 02-16-2009

Canada Psi Warp
Psionic Sequence Initiate
 Psi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of win
Default Re: So with all of the info about the Trilogy I...

He's speaking out of "feelings". Funny though, we have yet to see Blizzard give anything less excitable.

-Psi

Psi Warp has 2,280 Posts

says: Lol I gotz Pwned By Zeratul X_x

pm.gif  Send a message via Yahoo to Psi Warp 

Old 02-17-2009

Canada Kimera757*
The Last Cerebrate
 Kimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of winKimera757* is made of win

Heh.

It's hard to picture a good zerg campaign, actually, now that the cast of zerg characters is so short. I hope Blizzard does something creative there. (Who are we kidding? Of course they will.)

StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay.

Three products = one game plus two expansions.

"Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."

pm.gif   

Old 02-17-2009

Canada Psi Warp
Psionic Sequence Initiate
 Psi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of winPsi Warp is made of win

I can picture spooky Alien-ish hive with Creep and organic walls, it might get too graphical for the younger generation though >:]

What with Kerrigan's boobie pores sticking out, and organic panties.

-Psi

Psi Warp has 2,280 Posts

says: Lol I gotz Pwned By Zeratul X_x

pm.gif  Send a message via Yahoo to Psi Warp 

Old 02-17-2009

Canada pureWasted
Temporary Generic Title
 pureWasted is a name known to allpureWasted is a name known to allpureWasted is a name known to allpureWasted is a name known to allpureWasted is a name known to allpureWasted is a name known to allpureWasted is a name known to allpureWasted is a name known to allpureWasted is a name known to allpureWasted is a name known to allpureWasted is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimera757* View Post
Heh.

It's hard to picture a good zerg campaign, actually, now that the cast of zerg characters is so short. I hope Blizzard does something creative there. (Who are we kidding? Of course they will.)
That's the real trick -- making sure there's plenty of characters and so plenty of drama. The problem is that both times we saw the Zerg, any drama came from meddling T/P characters, NOT the Zerg, and that's why the original Zerg campaign suffered so. Hopefully Blizz can work some new interesting Zerg characters into the mix...!

PS: am I the only one who thought immediately of Kimera's sig when I read the OP?

Last edited by pureWasted; 02-17-2009 at 09:48 AM.
pureWasted has 2,438 Posts

My TV Blog

My DeviantArt

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

pm.gif   

Old 02-17-2009

United States Mike
Two Letters, No Regrets
 Mike must really think internet = serious business...Mike must really think internet = serious business...Mike must really think internet = serious business...Mike must really think internet = serious business...Mike must really think internet = serious business...Mike must really think internet = serious business...Mike must really think internet = serious business...Mike must really think internet = serious business...Mike must really think internet = serious business...Mike must really think internet = serious business...Mike must really think internet = serious business...

Kerrigan isn't seeking revenge on Mengsk per sey, she's seeking to eliminate her biggest threat. Even after soundly giving the Dominion a whipping, Mengsk put together a huge fleet and came after her above Char. He's cunning, cagey, and seemingly impossible to catch.

I'd like to see Blizzard do away with the constant resurgence of a Protoss/Terran Alliance. I hope the finale is a huge three-way slugfest between the three races.

Mike has 937 Posts

Progress, man's distinctive mark alone,
not God's, and not the beast's,
God is, they are,
Man partly is and wholly hopes to be.

pm.gif   

Old 02-17-2009

United States Nicol Bolas
BF Member
 Nicol Bolas has been here far, far too longNicol Bolas has been here far, far too longNicol Bolas has been here far, far too longNicol Bolas has been here far, far too longNicol Bolas has been here far, far too longNicol Bolas has been here far, far too longNicol Bolas has been here far, far too longNicol Bolas has been here far, far too longNicol Bolas has been here far, far too longNicol Bolas has been here far, far too longNicol Bolas has been here far, far too long

Quote:
I'd like to see Blizzard do away with the constant resurgence of a Protoss/Terran Alliance.
Well, why would the Protoss and the Terrans fight when there are Zerg around? The Protoss are no particular danger to the Terrans, and vice-versa. For a Terran leader to start a war with the Protoss while the Zerg are still a threat is just stupid.

"I still haven't heard a reason why clicks spent overcoming interface limitations to build troops are somehow more indicative of skill than clicks spent maneuvering units and using abilities." - SpiderBrigade

pm.gif   

Old 02-17-2009

Canada pureWasted
Temporary Generic Title
 pureWasted is a name known to allpureWasted is a name known to allpureWasted is a name known to allpureWasted is a name known to allpureWasted is a name known to allpureWasted is a name known to allpureWasted is a name known to allpureWasted is a name known to allpureWasted is a name known to allpureWasted is a name known to allpureWasted is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicol Bolas View Post
Well, why would the Protoss and the Terrans fight when there are Zerg around? The Protoss are no particular danger to the Terrans, and vice-versa. For a Terran leader to start a war with the Protoss while the Zerg are still a threat is just stupid.
In other words, the 'problem' here is in the design of the races. Neither the Terrans or Protoss are evil... In fact even their pseudo bad guy characters like Mengsk and Aldaris can often be quite reasonable. Combine that with stakes that are permanently set at 11 on a scale of 1-10, and the likelihood of Protoss and Terran going to war with the Zerg around diminishes greatly.

Even Kerrigan doesn't seem to be so evil as she is bored and all-powerful... Essentially what Blizz has inadvertantly set up is another Mt Hyjal, and it would take some creativity to get around that now. Most RTS wouldn't run into this problem because they wouldn't have bothered with pseudo-realistic, non trigger happy characters in the first place.

My TV Blog

My DeviantArt

pm.gif   

Old 02-17-2009

Canada ShadowAldrius
Evil wizard of some sort
 ShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortalsShadowAldrius is a god among mere mortals

We've already seen plenty of battles between the Protoss and Terrans.

It's not out of the question to see them at odds yet again through out the storyline. Especially with Kerrigan kinda laying low for the most part. (Though I suppose she's invading the Dominion now).

ShadowAldrius has 2,172 Posts

The Banshee should be surly, drunken and Irish. (Okay, maybe just Irish.)

pm.gif   

Old 02-17-2009

Canada pureWasted
Temporary Generic Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAldrius View Post
We've already seen plenty of battles between the Protoss and Terrans.

It's not out of the question to see them at odds yet again through out the storyline. Especially with Kerrigan kinda laying low for the most part. (Though I suppose she's invading the Dominion now).
WC3 had plenty of NE vs Orc vs Human missions, too... that's not the concern. There's a difference between Jimmy hitting some stray Protoss camp to steal an artifact (probably Ulrezaj's guys anyway) and true Terran vs Prptoss war, which may be necessary to keep the plots fresh.

My TV Blog

My DeviantArt

pm.gif   

Old 02-17-2009

United States Nicol Bolas
BF Member
 Nicol Bolas has been here far, far too longNicol Bolas has been here far, far too longNicol Bolas has been here far, far too longNicol Bolas has been here far, far too longNicol Bolas has been here far, far too longNicol Bolas has been here far, far too longNicol Bolas has been here far, far too longNicol Bolas has been here far, far too longNicol Bolas has been here far, far too longNicol Bolas has been here far, far too longNicol Bolas has been here far, far too long

Quote:
Essentially what Blizz has inadvertantly set up is another Mt Hyjal, and it would take some creativity to get around that now. Most RTS wouldn't run into this problem because they wouldn't have bothered with pseudo-realistic, non trigger happy characters in the first place.
It's actually rather easy for the "Mt Hyjal" scenario to be averted: don't have the three races fighting against "someone else".

Maybe whatever's left of the Terrans decides to join forces with the Xel'Naga, in exchange for peace and some assurance of survival. Maybe the Xel'Naga aren't so bad, and their Hybrids aren't trying to exterminate all other forms of life. Or maybe the Xel'Naga convince Zeratul (or Artanis) to join them, and the Protoss schism is built around this decision.

Really, it all depends on whether the Xel'Naga/Hybrids are trying to kill everyone or not.

"I still haven't heard a reason why clicks spent overcoming interface limitations to build troops are somehow more indicative of skill than clicks spent maneuvering units and using abilities." - SpiderBrigade

pm.gif   

Old 02-17-2009

United States Triceron
BF Member
 Triceron has ascended to greatnessTriceron has ascended to greatnessTriceron has ascended to greatnessTriceron has ascended to greatnessTriceron has ascended to greatnessTriceron has ascended to greatnessTriceron has ascended to greatnessTriceron has ascended to greatnessTriceron has ascended to greatnessTriceron has ascended to greatnessTriceron has ascended to greatness

They said the Zerg Campaign will be more RPG-like, evolving Kerrigan with all sorts of neat upgrades and weapons.

I can see Zerg using more infested Terran and maybe even Protoss characters to add identity. I can't see there being a lot of Zerg heroes otherwise, how much depth can you get out of a creature that can't even talk?

Triceron has 871 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 02-17-2009

Canada DemolitionSquid
TestosterOWNAGE
 DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...DemolitionSquid would like to thank all of the little people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
They said the Zerg Campaign will be more RPG-like, evolving Kerrigan with all sorts of neat upgrades and weapons.

I can see Zerg using more infested Terran and maybe even Protoss characters to add identity. I can't see there being a lot of Zerg heroes otherwise, how much depth can you get out of a creature that can't even talk?
Its all but confirmed she'll have infested terran lieutenants, like Ethan Stewart.

DemolitionSquid has 7,740 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via MSN to DemolitionSquid