Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > StarCraft Discussion

StarCraft Discussion StarCraft & Brood War lie herein.

Old 02-16-2009

Philippine zeratul11
BF Member
 zeratul11 is a model citizenzeratul11 is a model citizenzeratul11 is a model citizenzeratul11 is a model citizenzeratul11 is a model citizenzeratul11 is a model citizen
Default Specific unique units quote and sounds.

Specific unique units quote and sounds idea.

Like for example.

When you command your marine/s to enter the bunker: " To the bunker!"

Command marines to attack ultralisk: "Lets bring it down!"

When a high templar cast psionic storm: *protoss chanting voice*

3 or more siege tanks right after you press the siege mode button: "At my signal, unleash hell."

Command dropship to pick up thor: "Are you insane?" or "you know we are going to crash."

Clicking a wounded archon: " Need shield recharge."

Click ghost cloak ability: "Im gone (<-this should not be a normal line.)".

Combining the templars to summon an archon: "It is time." / " The time has come..."

Dropship unload command: "Drop zone confirm."

others:

Cloak/uncloak ghost says different things.

Command dropship to pick up certain unit/s.

Command Scv to gather "yellow" minerals.

Battlecruiser before firing the yamato.

etc.

I have a question how will the dark templar look like in the game? from the players point of view, opponent, and with enemy observer?

pm.gif   

Old 02-16-2009

Nepal viperjo
Lovable Local Blood God
 viperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshviperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshviperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshviperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshviperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshviperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshviperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshviperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshviperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshviperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshviperjo should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, gosh
Default Re: Specific unique units quote and sounds.

Eh, sounds like a cool little tid bit but not really cool enough to put in the game. Maybe as a patch later on i guess or as an optional "goody" download.

viperjo has 5,125 Posts

I've got ham but i'm not a hamster........................... Thanks to Greyscale for this sexy sig!

pm.gif   

Old 02-16-2009

Philippine zeratul11
BF Member
 zeratul11 is a model citizenzeratul11 is a model citizenzeratul11 is a model citizenzeratul11 is a model citizenzeratul11 is a model citizenzeratul11 is a model citizen

i think if they have the time this is something that will add more fun to the game. Units will react or say different things depending on what they are ask to do or condition which are different from their normal command move lines/quotes.

i bet blizzard has never thought of this idea. but this is something very easy to do if they still have the time.

Last edited by zeratul11; 02-16-2009 at 09:58 PM.

pm.gif   

Old 02-16-2009

Canada Wankey
BF Member
 Wankey has been here far, far too longWankey has been here far, far too longWankey has been here far, far too longWankey has been here far, far too longWankey has been here far, far too longWankey has been here far, far too longWankey has been here far, far too longWankey has been here far, far too longWankey has been here far, far too longWankey has been here far, far too longWankey has been here far, far too long

I'm quite sure they've thought of every unit idea we've come up with.

pm.gif   

Old 02-16-2009

Canada WolfGangGrimmer
UnitedEarthDirectorate
 WolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatness

I think they might have some situation specific quotes. For example (and I'm not sure if it's still up), on the official SC2 site, the Zealot has 1 line, "We cannot hold!"

Now, why would a Zealot say that? Probably because they're getting owned.

WolfGangGrimmer has 629 Posts

..... There is only the divinity of mankind. Kill all Xenomorphs.
Hydra-owned

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to WolfGangGrimmer  

Old 02-16-2009

Philippine zeratul11
BF Member

or maybe it was for the campaign. i think in single player blizzard will add many unique unit lines just like in sc1.

but my idea is also for the multiplayer ad make it fix, so as to every time you command a marine/s to get inside a bunker, he will say "to the bunker! " or "take cover!". instead of the normal lines like "gogogo".

pm.gif   

Old 02-16-2009

United States Crazy_Jonny
I'm Game...
 Crazy_Jonny is a name known to allCrazy_Jonny is a name known to allCrazy_Jonny is a name known to allCrazy_Jonny is a name known to allCrazy_Jonny is a name known to allCrazy_Jonny is a name known to allCrazy_Jonny is a name known to allCrazy_Jonny is a name known to allCrazy_Jonny is a name known to allCrazy_Jonny is a name known to allCrazy_Jonny is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfGangGrimmer View Post
I think they might have some situation specific quotes. For example (and I'm not sure if it's still up), on the official SC2 site, the Zealot has 1 line, "We cannot hold!"

Now, why would a Zealot say that? Probably because they're getting owned.
That reminds me of the first video, if you selected a group of zealots, theyll say "We stand as one," but selecting one will get you "I - " or "command me."
So,... I guess theyre already doing it, atleast for selecting more than one unit. And if it was just luck, then Im sure theyve atleast thought of the idea.

Heres a link to the video without the commentary so you can see what I mean, listen to the differences: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPVC4...next=1&index=6

Last edited by Crazy_Jonny; 02-16-2009 at 10:32 PM.
Crazy_Jonny has 632 Posts

StarCraft II Trilogy = 1 game + 2 expansions, not so hard right?

pm.gif   

Old 02-17-2009

Canada Wankey
BF Member
 Wankey has been here far, far too longWankey has been here far, far too longWankey has been here far, far too longWankey has been here far, far too longWankey has been here far, far too longWankey has been here far, far too longWankey has been here far, far too longWankey has been here far, far too longWankey has been here far, far too longWankey has been here far, far too longWankey has been here far, far too long

They may infact do this since Blizzard is now all about lathering on as much high quality content as possible. I don't see why it would take a long time since these are just extra lines the voice actor has to read

pm.gif   

Old 02-17-2009

Canada WolfGangGrimmer
UnitedEarthDirectorate
 WolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatnessWolfGangGrimmer has ascended to greatness

As well, I think the marine also says "By the numbers boys" when you select a group of them.

WolfGangGrimmer has 629 Posts

..... There is only the divinity of mankind. Kill all Xenomorphs.
Hydra-owned

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to WolfGangGrimmer