Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > StarCraft Discussion

StarCraft Discussion StarCraft & Brood War lie herein.

Old 02-16-2009

United States n00bonicPlague
Master of All Things Noob
 n00bonicPlague has become enlightenedn00bonicPlague has become enlightenedn00bonicPlague has become enlightenedn00bonicPlague has become enlightenedn00bonicPlague has become enlightenedn00bonicPlague has become enlightenedn00bonicPlague has become enlightenedn00bonicPlague has become enlightenedn00bonicPlague has become enlightenedn00bonicPlague has become enlightenedn00bonicPlague has become enlightened
Exclamation Two more questions answered by Dustin "Cavez" Browder

Source: http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?topicId=14990770878&sid=3000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavez
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starcraftfanboy
Are we going to be able to search ladder for more than one game type simultaneously?
ie. 1vs1 2vs2 and an FFA. I personally would love to find games quickly as possible, I don't have the option to sit around all day and play games anymore, unfortunately. Seems to me this would be easy enough to implement, but correct me if I'm wrong. If it is possible within the search system they use, I would love it if I could click "on" to pretty much every game type. Hope I can get some feedback, preferably from "you know who" but I won't expect it, certainly not on a sunday. If anyone else has any info on their searching system and if it's fundamentally possible to do this or not, please let me know.

Also, if FFA is going to be used in SC2 ladder games, what is going to be the incentive for FFA players not to turtle to the point of boredom for all? in wc3 it worked well because of heroes, shops, etc. In certain other games they've given other types of bonuses when defeating an opponent, or killing certain buildings. I was wondering what incentive blizzard is looking to give to aggressive players, or if FFA is going to be a very stale, unplayed game type.
We have talked about allowing multiple searches at once. We are currently saying "no" because you will always end up in the smallest template. For example, if you search 3v3 and 4v4 you will almost always end up in a 3v3 game since those will fill quicker. In that scenario the 4v4 template might very well die because people who want to play 4v4 are also searching in 3v3 and never get into a 4v4 game.

Though again, Beta will be a good testing ground for any issues that will occur here.

We have not done a lot of testing in FFA. You make good points. I will discuss them with the BNet team.

Source: http://forums.battle.net/thread.html...77661&sid=3000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavez
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiltrator.sf
Do shields recharge in a <#SP/second> or <% of total SP/second> manner? Because if it's the former, I can see recharges still being slow on units such as Archons, which would ironically, benefit most from the improved shield recharge mechanic.
Currently it's set to be a number of shield points recovered per second. Thus Archons do take longer to regain all their shields when compared to other units. Units the shield recharge is used for the most currently include:
- Probes (recharge really helps them as scouts)
- Stalkers
- Flyers

Obviously all units benefit to some degree, but these guys do the most hit-and-run style attacks. When we get into Beta we'll learn more about how this mechanic really works.
Note to mods/admins: I posted this separate from the other one since it deals with miscellaneous information rather than the other post -- which was a direct post from Cavez and not a response to another poster.

Last edited by n00bonicPlague; 02-16-2009 at 05:53 PM. Reason: added note for mods/admins
n00bonicPlague has 71 Posts

Macro and Micro are like Yin and Yang:
two opposing qualities that complement eachother --
maintaining dynamic equilibrium in a single movement.

pm.gif