Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > StarCraft Discussion

StarCraft Discussion StarCraft & Brood War lie herein.

Old 02-14-2009

United States The Hawaiian
Ua mau ke ea o ka ʻāina i
 The Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too muchThe Hawaiian might just love this place a little bit too much
Default "I won 1v2"

No you didn't, you let your partner die. The game itself is 2v2. The only way it could be 2v1 is if the game started out 2v1, or if your partner is REALY, REALLY shitty as in building 2 supply depots or pylons as start, something like that. Otherwise the game is still 2v2. You could just as easily have been the one who got rushed and killed, instead your partner got killed and (usually) you didn't help him. Instead you had time to build/expand/tech whatever, time which you wouldn't have otherwise had (because it's 2v2, not 1v1).

It's not 1v2 if you have extra time to build and fuck around. It's still 2v2.

The Hawaiian has 8,445 Posts

"The Khala awaits me, and though I fear not death, you will not find me easy prey."

pm.gif   

Old 02-14-2009

United Kingdom Nytefish
葬禮快樂
 Nytefish has much to be proud ofNytefish has much to be proud ofNytefish has much to be proud ofNytefish has much to be proud ofNytefish has much to be proud ofNytefish has much to be proud ofNytefish has much to be proud ofNytefish has much to be proud ofNytefish has much to be proud ofNytefish has much to be proud of
Default Re: "I won 1v2"

"Rant of the day" eh?

Although the people you're trying to educate wouldn't be reading this.

Also, what about this funny situation that happened to a friend today: Starts off as 2v2, but one of the players leaves at the beginning. Then a player on the other team decides to afk. Technically a 2v1, but it plays like a 1v1, where the person on the "2" team loses (and his ally is afk). So has that guy managed to win 1v2?

Nytefish has 702 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 02-14-2009

Canada Staind
 Staind is unstoppable!Staind is unstoppable!Staind is unstoppable!Staind is unstoppable!Staind is unstoppable!Staind is unstoppable!Staind is unstoppable!Staind is unstoppable!Staind is unstoppable!Staind is unstoppable!Staind is unstoppable!

You remind me of Marsala.

Staind has 526 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 02-14-2009

United States tOmA
Revenge. Corruption. Evil
 tOmA has much to be proud oftOmA has much to be proud oftOmA has much to be proud oftOmA has much to be proud oftOmA has much to be proud oftOmA has much to be proud oftOmA has much to be proud oftOmA has much to be proud oftOmA has much to be proud oftOmA has much to be proud of

Do you get an ulcer after every game? fuck man, you whine a lot

If I was Hawaiian I'd be outside enjoying Hawaii instead of playing SC and getting pissed at BNET pub games. plus, I thought Hawaiian's were supposed to be fucking laid back. you get mad when some guy on a pub game is n00b. Let me give you a hint: go find a regular partner to 2v2 with instead of playing pubs all day.

tOmA has 1,929 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 02-16-2009

Serbia Metallic~Knight
Cute Small Hydralisk
 Metallic~Knight has much to be proud ofMetallic~Knight has much to be proud ofMetallic~Knight has much to be proud ofMetallic~Knight has much to be proud ofMetallic~Knight has much to be proud ofMetallic~Knight has much to be proud ofMetallic~Knight has much to be proud ofMetallic~Knight has much to be proud ofMetallic~Knight has much to be proud ofMetallic~Knight has much to be proud of

Pro Tip: Playing pubs is the first step to losing all your hair.

Metallic~Knight has 321 Posts

Signature confiscated by Redcloak.
Bring back Undergrads!

PEOPLE TO BLAME: 8882, o(x_x)o, BaylentheSky, Bullet2Head, Courthead, DntHrtMeFrnd, gabe, gigant, Ireallyloveoov, Madskill, NaAani, Neverborn, No1StaindFan, poof., PraetorKoronis, PrecisionTime, Salv, SilA-Slayer, Tekken, TwoTimer, WildBob, Zukas

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Metallic~Knight  

Old 02-16-2009

United States SpiderBrigade
disabled your radio gauge
 SpiderBrigade has become enlightenedSpiderBrigade has become enlightenedSpiderBrigade has become enlightenedSpiderBrigade has become enlightenedSpiderBrigade has become enlightenedSpiderBrigade has become enlightenedSpiderBrigade has become enlightenedSpiderBrigade has become enlightenedSpiderBrigade has become enlightenedSpiderBrigade has become enlightenedSpiderBrigade has become enlightened

What it sounds like happened here is you played a 2v2, took out one opponent, and then the other guy came from behind and won the match. And then he talked a bunch of trash about how he beat you even though it was "1v2" and this made you mad. Or possibly this happened a lot of times. Is that reasonably accurate?

Yeah, of course you are right that this is nothing like a real 1v2 game. But at the same time, winning after your opponent has been eliminated is harder than if your opponent is still alive. It's a definite "underdog victory" sort of like going into the second half of a basketball game a huge number of points behind.

So yeah, was the guy you played justified in talking trash like he was ubergosu compared to you? No. But...uh...that's what the internet is like...

SpiderBrigade has 1,129 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 02-16-2009

United Kingdom Nytefish
葬禮快樂
 Nytefish has much to be proud ofNytefish has much to be proud ofNytefish has much to be proud ofNytefish has much to be proud ofNytefish has much to be proud ofNytefish has much to be proud ofNytefish has much to be proud ofNytefish has much to be proud ofNytefish has much to be proud ofNytefish has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderBrigade View Post
Yeah, of course you are right that this is nothing like a real 1v2 game. But at the same time, winning after your opponent has been eliminated is harder than if your opponent is still alive. It's a definite "underdog victory" sort of like going into the second half of a basketball game a huge number of points behind.
It's not quite like that. Sometimes, 2 players will kill one opponent but in doing so they cripple themselves severely or leave themselves very open for a counter.

A closer analogy would be going into the 2nd half of a basketball game still full of energy whilst your opponents have put all their effort into the first half. You may be a huge number of points behind but your opponents could be so tired they have no realistic chance of winning.

Of course there's everything in between too, so while the singleton can be the "underdog" he can just as easily have the advantage.

Nytefish has 702 Posts

pm.gif