Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > Warcraft Discussion & Strategy

Warcraft Discussion & Strategy Research and Discuss to Win.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes


Old 02-08-2009
 
#16
United States TheRabidDeer
Voting independent
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,610
 TheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of win
Default Re: 3.1 Patch Notes (1/3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhun View Post
warriors and pallies have the same caps as druids. our parry/dodge combined cannot surpass something like 50%(been a few years since i checked on this number) and we very rarely surpass 65% or so armor reduction. our extra reduction comes from the fact that we have shields to block with. that is what caught us up to druids. now, you lose armor and gain a block mechanism, and it balances out to a basic tank normalization.
Druid block mechanism can only be applied once per GCD (well, slightly more since maul isnt on GCD), since we have to crit to get the "block". This is all fine for a boss, but like I say... when it comes to tanking 15+ weaker hitting mobs, paladins/warriors reign supreme just because of block.

DR for avoidance was just added for WotLK so you couldnt have checked years ago, but from my basic understanding each cap is unique to each class. Druids are already approaching the cap, while similarly geared paladins/warriors still have another 10-15% on each dodge and parry (and miss), and then can get the unlimited scaling of block (block has no DR since it is mitigation and not avoidance). Back in TBC, block wasnt really a big deal because the amount you blocked was pretty weak, a druids armor amount made things mostly equal. Now that block can absorb a huge amount of damage (I think our MT blocks 1350 on average, and can double that with shield block up, and given RNG can critical block for like 7k), no amount of armor can be obtained to give us an equal mitigation.

Also, your idea of protector of the pack being an extra 12% armor is slightly off.
Assume a mob hits for 1000 against target with 0 armor
At the armor cap of 75%, it will reduce the hit to a 250 hit
With Protector of the pack, that 250 is reduced by 12%, taking it down to a 220 hit. Or, an extra 3% of armor.

A quick comparison of druid vs paladin/warrior for AE tanking mobs:
Warrior has 30% avoidance and 40% block that blocks 1200 damage.
Druid has 50% avoidance and can "block" 1 hit every second.

20 mobs need to be tanked, they all hit for 1000 damage.
Each mob swings once every 2 seconds.

On average, a warrior will take 6000 damage every 2 seconds (70% of the 20 hits are blocked or avoided entirely).

Lets try and account for armor here for a druid and say they hit for 850 damage on a druid (basically assumes you are at the armor cap).
The druid, on average, will take 8075 damage every 2 seconds (50% avoided, 1 attack nullified through the shield).

Buffing it so that it absorbs 3-5 attacks (given sufficient crits) would put it on par with a paladin/warrior block, even after accounting for armor.
 

Take the power from the parties and vote independent in 2008.
 

TheRabidDeer is offline


pm.gif   
Reply With Quote


Old 02-08-2009
 
#17
BlizzForums Neo
Boo!
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 10,110
 Neo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulz
Default Re: 3.1 Patch Notes (1/3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhun View Post
you have gained what warriors like to call, "block".
if it was block i'd be fine with it. but with blizzards track record on druids, I'm going to assume it's not going to be that awesome.

Savage Defense is also worded really strangely. The way it's worded makes it sound like it's going to block only a portion of damage based off our AP. Which might be sort of cool if you were in kitty form withl ike 8k+ AP, but unless the percentage is like 50%+ SD it might not be that awesome. Unless you're already sitting at the top in 25-man naxx level gear or whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhun View Post
over the years, especially the past 2 with the introduction of feral tanking, feral druids have always had more armor than warriors.
Other tanks get to block. And parry. All druids got was dodge and (for awhile) high armor. But they keep fucking with the armor every patch. You make it sound as if high armor makes us equal to other tanks currently, when that's just not true. OMG A DRUID WORRIED ABOUT A NEW DRUID MECHANIC? GASP!?!

Quote:
it was the nature of the beast(hehe, get it?) though, because we had block, which scales it out. the armor difference was moot because we had block. if you truly think bears would be able to keep that 75%(85% with protector of the pack), then you are a moron. plain and simple. you do not have a grasp on how tanking works, and the strengths of your class compared to the other tanks.
thats not how POTP works, sorry. no druid is sitting at 75% armor reduction. i believe the highest is around, what, 70.1% with procs and such, and thats only vs another 80. it's not TBC anymore
Quote:
why would a druid even bother with str, when agility is the obvious state of choice?
str gives us more ap then agility. but since they've basically pulled any itemization for druids out of the game and just given us rogue leather, where the fuck would we get this str from anyway? STR is also more of a kitty dps stat anyway. IIRC, dodge rating is actually better for dodging then agility nowadays. but you still want the crit from agi, so whatever.

Quote:
simply put, you cannot have it all and eat your cake too. you want the highest physical mitigation of all the tanks? fine, you can. but you do not get your new block mechanic, nor do you get parry. something has to change about how you currently do things.
oh please. druid tanks might be able to tank anything, but I don't think anyone would deny that they're currently the weakest in the tanking line up. Given a choice between equally skilled players would you honestly pick a Druid MT?

Quote:
you speak of the need for parry as well, which further underlines the fact that you do not understand the mechanics of your class. you do realize that out of all the classes that are tanks, you are the only one that does not require defense to tank, because of the way your talents work?
having a parry-like mechanic for a feral tank is not the same as giving them straight parry. by the way, feel free to show me where i could get some leather with defense on it. Oh right, there isn't any. Blizzard had to give us a better -crit because they stopped giving us any leather with fucking defense on it. Hell it was like this in TBC even. Resilience plz LOL.

Quote:
to make maximum use of parry, you would have to have a ton of defense or parry gems. your stat allocation would go right down the shitter. all the things that you enjoy right now, like not having to worry about defense at all would go away. also,
parry for a druid doesn't have to be the same as parry for others. a similar mechanic wouldn't be that difficult to give us. why is it that other characters -- other bear mobs ffs -- can parry, but a druid can't? claiming we'd suddenly have to worry about defense because of a parry mechanic is asinine. they'd never be able to do that because there is no tanking leather in the game that includes defense. fuck man it was just a rambling suggestion o.o

Quote:
now unfortunately, all this tank equalizing is giving other classes a bad case of envy. druids want more forms of mitigation and aoe threat like pallies/warriors.
lawl. spam swipe/maul, tank, win. mitigation would be nice, i guess, but i would like to see swipe work without a target. sort of like the same as it works now (targets in front of us) but if it doesn't need a target you don't have to worry about tabbing over to the right target or whatever.

seriously sometimes when I'm tabbing to the next it jumps to a ranged mob, it's like wtf.

Quote:
pallies want spell reflect and sunder armor,
god i'd love a spell reflect in pvp :3

Quote:
warriors want even more aoe threat options like cleave working like swipe. consequently, i expect that somewhere down the line thunderclap will work exactly like consecrate. this will ultimately lead to tank homoginization. i have played all 3 of the classes in their tanking roles, and let me tell you this: the pictures on my buttons changed, but the order in which i clicked them didn't change all that much. ultimately however, if you want everything the other tank classes have, might i suggest the propigator of the species, the warrior. only then shall your dreams of tanking come true.
i don't really have a burning desire to tank, but it doesn't take a mad genius to see druids are sort of gimped at the moment when compared to other tanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhun View Post
warriors and pallies have the same caps as druids. our parry/dodge combined cannot surpass something like 50%(been a few years since i checked on this number) and we very rarely surpass 65% or so armor reduction. our extra reduction comes from the fact that we have shields to block with. that is what caught us up to druids. now, you lose armor and gain a block mechanism, and it balances out to a basic tank normalization.
how does blocking "catch you up" to druids? do you think we all just start with 75% reduction, crit immunity, and 45% dodge?

Savage Defense is fine and all, but to rely on a bears crit rate is sort of odd. That basically means you keep stacking agility anyway, toss in some STR here and there if you want.

We tank in rogue leather ffs. Asking to be on the same level as other tanks isn't going to make a druid tank OP or anything.

Hell I still can't believe that gave hunters our staves and changed the STR to AP.

not that it matters since i've not tanked much recently anyway. sorry for having opinions omg.
 
Neo has 10,110 Posts
 

Neo is offline


pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Neo Send a message via MSN to Neo Send a message via Yahoo to Neo 
Reply With Quote


Old 02-08-2009
 
#18
United States TheRabidDeer
Voting independent
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,610
 TheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of win
Default Re: 3.1 Patch Notes (1/3)

I think I sit at 6k-7k AP when raid buffed (I have like 11k in kitty), and there are still at least a few upgrades available. I believe I also have around 40% crit. It is a very legitimate "block", but isnt as good for multimobs. Savage defense is 25% of your AP, so itll create a 1500 dmg absorb shield.

Some guy also did the math, and discovered that he ends up having better mitigation in his kitty gear than his real tank set, and his full stam set lagged far behind the others (which makes sense due to the huge loss in AP and crit).
 

Take the power from the parties and vote independent in 2008.
 

TheRabidDeer is offline


pm.gif   
Reply With Quote


Old 02-08-2009
 
#19
BlizzForums Neo
Boo!
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 10,110
 Neo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulz
Default Re: 3.1 Patch Notes (1/3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRabidDeer View Post
I think I sit at 6k-7k AP when raid buffed (I have like 11k in kitty), and there are still at least a few upgrades available. I believe I also have around 40% crit. It is a very legitimate "block", but isnt as good for multimobs. Savage defense is 25% of your AP, so itll create a 1500 dmg absorb shield.

Some guy also did the math, and discovered that he ends up having better mitigation in his kitty gear than his real tank set, and his full stam set lagged far behind the others (which makes sense due to the huge loss in AP and crit).
ahh, I missed the 25% then. I've been sort of dodging SD discussions if I can since speculating at this point is sort of folly. the multi-mob issue is also sort of worrisome if they're gonna be taking away our armor.

heh. maybe i should just skip out on tanking at all for a few months until they figure out where they want druids at.
 
Neo has 10,110 Posts
 

Neo is offline


pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Neo Send a message via MSN to Neo Send a message via Yahoo to Neo 
Reply With Quote


Old 02-08-2009
 
#20
United States TheRabidDeer
Voting independent
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,610
 TheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of win
Default Re: 3.1 Patch Notes (1/3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
ahh, I missed the 25% then. I've been sort of dodging SD discussions if I can since speculating at this point is sort of folly. the multi-mob issue is also sort of worrisome if they're gonna be taking away our armor.

heh. maybe i should just skip out on tanking at all for a few months until they figure out where they want druids at.
They would have to take out a huge amount of armor for it to be a real nerf on multi-mobs, its just barely a buff at all to multimob tanking is all...
 

Take the power from the parties and vote independent in 2008.
 

TheRabidDeer is offline


pm.gif   
Reply With Quote


Old 02-09-2009
 
#21
United States Typhun
Mr. 69 (and counting)
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 6,314
 Typhun must really think internet = serious business...Typhun must really think internet = serious business...Typhun must really think internet = serious business...Typhun must really think internet = serious business...Typhun must really think internet = serious business...Typhun must really think internet = serious business...Typhun must really think internet = serious business...Typhun must really think internet = serious business...Typhun must really think internet = serious business...Typhun must really think internet = serious business...Typhun must really think internet = serious business...
Default Re: 3.1 Patch Notes (1/3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRabidDeer View Post
I think I sit at 6k-7k AP when raid buffed (I have like 11k in kitty), and there are still at least a few upgrades available. I believe I also have around 40% crit. It is a very legitimate "block", but isnt as good for multimobs. Savage defense is 25% of your AP, so itll create a 1500 dmg absorb shield.

Some guy also did the math, and discovered that he ends up having better mitigation in his kitty gear than his real tank set, and his full stam set lagged far behind the others (which makes sense due to the huge loss in AP and crit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo
if it was block i'd be fine with it. but with blizzards track record on druids, I'm going to assume it's not going to be that awesome.

Savage Defense is also worded really strangely. The way it's worded makes it sound like it's going to block only a portion of damage based off our AP. Which might be sort of cool if you were in kitty form withl ike 8k+ AP, but unless the percentage is like 50%+ SD it might not be that awesome. Unless you're already sitting at the top in 25-man naxx level gear or whatever.
1500 YOU SAY? O EM GEE, THATS LIKE A BLOCK FROM MY SHIELD! IN FACT, IT IS! O EM GEE! I WUZ RIGHT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo
thats not how POTP works, sorry. no druid is sitting at 75% armor reduction. i believe the highest is around, what, 70.1% with procs and such, and thats only vs another 80. it's not TBC anymore
sorry, but yes it does. you are just ignorant. it adds another
12% mitigation ON TOP of your current armor. so you said you had 70%. you actually have 82% damage reduction.

now, compare that to improved defensive stance, with 16%.
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...emaul&n=Atomsk

my warrior is sitting at 60% reduction via armor. add in my 16%, and i am at 76%. still 6% less than your druid. that is where my block comes in, and evens us out. and with another armor nerf incoming, i have the odd feeling you will be at about 76% and be blocking for (FUCKING SURPRISE SURPRISE) 1400-1500 if you are geared like either of my offtanks:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ul&n=Kittycaat
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...aul&n=Vindruid

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo
oh please. druid tanks might be able to tank anything, but I don't think anyone would deny that they're currently the weakest in the tanking line up. Given a choice between equally skilled players would you honestly pick a Druid MT?
and yes, i am the only plate tank in the raid, and guess who is MTing when I am not there? Its one of those druids. every other tank takes the back seat to those two. and we do have backups. warrior and pally that both have gear like mine to tank, and are both just as competent. but we use druids. hmmmmm, i hear the wambulance coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo
str gives us more ap then agility. but since they've basically pulled any itemization for druids out of the game and just given us rogue leather, where the fuck would we get this str from anyway? STR is also more of a kitty dps stat anyway. IIRC, dodge rating is actually better for dodging then agility nowadays. but you still want the crit from agi, so whatever.
yea, except you still want some fucking rage you dolt. that is why you don't stack complete avoidance. only NEWBIES do that. a druid is in the same boat as a warrior, we don't want to avoid every single hit, or there is no fucking threat being created. druids are creating more single target threat in bear form than any other tanking class right now because of the crit factor. it is far easier for a bear to get crit because of gems and leather gear than a warrior/pally, because AGAIN, DRUIDS DONT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT DEFENSE, WHICH IS ONE OF THEIR STRENGTHS. Obviously, i did not ring that point home clearly enough last time, thats why i put it in all caps. in fact, let me say it again, this time in bold and italics, so that you do not miss the point.

AGAIN, DRUIDS DONT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT DEFENSE, WHICH IS ONE OF THEIR STRENGTHS.

look, i even underlined it for you. now, you will bring up lack of defense on leather. great, have at it. but i will remind you of this: it is just one more stat that you do NOT have to worry about, that warriors have to watch constantly. i would not be using my second trinket if i could avoid it, but because of the way my gear works, i have to watch my defense. so i cant quite stack the crit and hit rating like i would. i am gemmed for all expertise and stam, because thats as close as i can get to what druids get naturally through their leather tanking/rogue gear. i'd kill to have my crit higher if i didnt have to worry about being crit, but that is the nature of warrior tanking. we sacrifice crit/ap stat allowances on our armor for defense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo
parry for a druid doesn't have to be the same as parry for others. a similar mechanic wouldn't be that difficult to give us. why is it that other characters -- other bear mobs ffs -- can parry, but a druid can't? claiming we'd suddenly have to worry about defense because of a parry mechanic is asinine. they'd never be able to do that because there is no tanking leather in the game that includes defense. fuck man it was just a rambling suggestion o.o
again, i will have to ring another point home. TO GET MAXIMUM EFFECT OUT OF PARRY, YOU NEED TONS OF EITHER PARRY RATING(which by the way takes way more parry rating to get 1% parry out of it than dodge rating takes to get 1% dodge) OR DEFENSE. I am 5 defense above the required noncrittable(which again, druids naturally get), and I am at 19.59%. If i didn't have my talents to increase parry rating by 5%, i'd be at 14.59%. if druids got parry, i guarantee you, your dodge would pay for it with a drop in that. if druids did get parry, it would most likely work similarly to the block mechanic that druids are getting, but you are still going to have to pay in an avoidance cut elsewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo
lawl. spam swipe/maul, tank, win. mitigation would be nice, i guess, but i would like to see swipe work without a target. sort of like the same as it works now (targets in front of us) but if it doesn't need a target you don't have to worry about tabbing over to the right target or whatever.

seriously sometimes when I'm tabbing to the next it jumps to a ranged mob, it's like wtf.
yes, i know how that works. i have an ability like that too. its called cleave, except it only hits 3 targets at maximum. don't count shockwave, thats on a 45sec cooldown. don't count thunderclap, it may be 360 threat, but the threat is not equivalent to swipe. druids seem to have it better than warriors on a tps basis on multiple mobs because they can hit swipe far more often that a warrior can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo
i don't really have a burning desire to tank, but it doesn't take a mad genius to see druids are sort of gimped at the moment when compared to other tanks.
you are wrong, it only takes somebody who doesn't have a full understanding of the situation because they don't invest lots of time into it that seem to believe these false assumptions.

you might want to tell this guy that druids suck.
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...nemaul&n=Khoda

he is the MT of that guild, which is one of the best on dunemaul alliance. hes done sarth25 with 3 drakes and sarth10 with 3 drakes(btw, sarth10 with 3 drakes is monumentally harder than sarth25 with 3).

and the rest of the shit at the end of your post has been covered. if you need a druid to explain things to you, i can arrange for vin to help you understand it all. he and i have talked about Druid MT vs Warrior MT quite often, and the tanking merits of both.
 
Typhun has 6,314 Posts



The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'No. - Rorschach
 

Typhun is offline


pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Typhun Send a message via MSN to Typhun  
Reply With Quote


Old 02-09-2009
 
#22
United States TheRabidDeer
Voting independent
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,610
 TheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of winTheRabidDeer is made of win
Default Re: 3.1 Patch Notes (1/3)

Again, SD is only a block against single mobs. I have also done sarth +3d on both 10 and 25 man (got it done a full month before him too) and was initially the guilds tank for 25 man 3d sarth (despite normally being a healer), before we discovered I didnt have the stam to survive breathes and would get gibbed for like 1k more hp than I had, so we geared a DK to tank in that week and did them within a couple of hours of attempts with a DK tank (and yes, I know about torment dancing, which cant be done anymore but could at the time)

Also, paladins have the highest TPS of any class in the game, even against non-undead. Warriors and DK's are both close in threat, and druids are last in threat. Druids are #1 in DPS of the 4 tanks though.
http://www.wowmeteronline.com/rank/clazz/tps/pal/6/0/3 (paladins, note that a pally in my guild is highly ranked on many fights)
http://www.wowmeteronline.com/rank/clazz/tps/dkt/6/0/3 (DK)
http://www.wowmeteronline.com/rank/clazz/tps/war/6/0/3 (warrior)
http://www.wowmeteronline.com/rank/clazz/tps/drd/6/0/3 (druid, 3 cheers for druid guildy #1 TPS for druids on patchwerk, which is the most he can really do since hes a kitty druid and its the only fight he tanks)

Finally, because you apparently dont get it typhun... having more tanking stats that you can stack is better in the long run. Having 6 tanking stats is far better than having 3. Why? Heres a few reasons:
1) Diminishing returns.
2) Gear rating system. The more of a particular stat on a given item, the more expensive that stat costs. So, if you have more possible stats on an item, you can get a better overall gain than if you were limited to a few stats. This is why the current gear has extra stats that certain classes dont particularly care about right now, because its not properly itemized to allow for a more diverse change in tiers.
3) Because of 1 and 2, you get a significantly better long term because you actually have room to move up.

Finally, I am saying this again because you STILL didnt quite get it. SD is NOWHERE NEAR as good as block. Druids are not gimp, but they are nowhere near the strongest tanking class in the game, they are pretty much the weakest. Not gimp, but very likely the worst of the tanks.

EDIT: Oh yea, Protector of the pack does not put a druid at 87% mitigation. Otherwise patchwerk on 25 man would only hateful for around 6k or less. This is not the case, he hatefuls for at least 11k (it hits for 50k on a target with 0 armor).
 

Last edited by TheRabidDeer; 02-09-2009 at 06:49 AM.

Take the power from the parties and vote independent in 2008.
 

TheRabidDeer is offline


pm.gif   
Reply With Quote


Old 02-09-2009
 
#23
BlizzForums Neo
Boo!
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 10,110
 Neo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulz
Default Re: 3.1 Patch Notes (1/3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhun View Post
sorry, but yes it does. you are just ignorant. it adds another
12% mitigation ON TOP of your current armor. so you said you had 70%. you actually have 82% damage reduction.
PotP works after (not on top) Armor reduction. It doesn't stack with it. For that matter I don't think Defensive Stance works like that either.

If you were fighting a monster that did 1000 damage and you had -75% as a druid, you'd drop the damage to 250, when PotP kicks in you'd then take, what, 30 less damage? That's how it works. It doesn't stack so you would take only 130 damage or whatever dream world you think druids live in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhun View Post
now, compare that to improved defensive stance, with 16%.
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...emaul&n=Atomsk

my warrior is sitting at 60% reduction via armor. add in my 16%, and i am at 76%. still 6% less than your druid. that is where my block comes in, and evens us out. and with another armor nerf incoming, i have the odd feeling you will be at about 76% and be blocking for (FUCKING SURPRISE SURPRISE) 1400-1500 if you are geared like either of my offtanks:
IDS doesn't work that way. I'm pretty sure it's multiplicative like our armor bonuses are for bear form/thick hide/gem/sotf.

Quote:
The warrior 10% mitigation bonus for Defensive Stance is multiplied with your mitigation from armour, (and is not included in the mitigation given in the tooltip for armour). That is, damageTaken = totalDamage x (1-mitigation) x (0.90)

For example:
- If you have 50% mitigation from armour, you have an overall mitigation of 55.0% in defensive stance
- If you have 75% mitigation from armour, you have an overall mitigation of 77.5% in defensive stance
It's not fucking additive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhun View Post
and yes, i am the only plate tank in the raid, and guess who is MTing when I am not there? Its one of those druids. every other tank takes the back seat to those two. and we do have backups. warrior and pally that both have gear like mine to tank, and are both just as competent. but we use druids. hmmmmm, i hear the wambulance coming.
You just admited that you MT when you're available. When given the choice between a warrior or a druid, they pick the warrior as the MT. You just proved my point -_-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhun View Post
yea, except you still want some fucking rage you dolt. that is why you don't stack complete avoidance. only NEWBIES do that. a druid is in the same boat as a warrior, we don't want to avoid every single hit, or there is no fucking threat being created. druids are creating more single target threat in bear form than any other tanking class right now because of the crit factor. it is far easier for a bear to get crit because of gems and leather gear than a warrior/pally, because AGAIN, DRUIDS DONT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT DEFENSE, WHICH IS ONE OF THEIR STRENGTHS. Obviously, i did not ring that point home clearly enough last time, thats why i put it in all caps. in fact, let me say it again, this time in bold and italics, so that you do not miss the point.
technically we've got crit easier since we've got like 2 or 3 talents that give us crit along the tree. By the way, we have a talent that gives us rage for dodges. So that whole "don't stack avoidance" statement is totally pointless in regards to a druid, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhun View Post
AGAIN, DRUIDS DONT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT DEFENSE, WHICH IS ONE OF THEIR STRENGTHS.
Why the fuck do you keep saying this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhun View Post
look, i even underlined it for you. now, you will bring up lack of defense on leather. great, have at it. but i will remind you of this: it is just one more stat that you do NOT have to worry about, that warriors have to watch constantly. i would not be using my second trinket if i could avoid it, but because of the way my gear works, i have to watch my defense. so i cant quite stack the crit and hit rating like i would. i am gemmed for all expertise and stam, because thats as close as i can get to what druids get naturally through their leather tanking/rogue gear. i'd kill to have my crit higher if i didnt have to worry about being crit, but that is the nature of warrior tanking. we sacrifice crit/ap stat allowances on our armor for defense.
We tank in rogue leather. Out of curiosity couldn't resilience accomplish the same thing in getting you crit immune? I understand that stacking defense helps you guys out more because of block/parry or whatever, but if you were worried solely about being crit, then wouldn't it be possible to swap out a piece with resilience on it or something? Thats what I did back in TBC, since +def leather pieces got scarce later on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhun View Post
again, i will have to ring another point home. TO GET MAXIMUM EFFECT OUT OF PARRY, YOU NEED TONS OF EITHER PARRY RATING(which by the way takes way more parry rating to get 1% parry out of it than dodge rating takes to get 1% dodge) OR DEFENSE. I am 5 defense above the required noncrittable(which again, druids naturally get), and I am at 19.59%. If i didn't have my talents to increase parry rating by 5%, i'd be at 14.59%. if druids got parry, i guarantee you, your dodge would pay for it with a drop in that. if druids did get parry, it would most likely work similarly to the block mechanic that druids are getting, but you are still going to have to pay in an avoidance cut elsewhere.
Again you assume that suggesting a parry for a bear would equate to the exact same thing as parry on a warrior. Since bears don't get defense leather pieces, obviously they couldn't just "give" us parry they'd have to give us a mechanic for it. A talent, for instance, like thick hide or whatever could convert a % of our dodge into parry. Or whatever. IDFK, it was just a random suggestion I came across and thought it would be interesting. I was also assuming it would be easier for them to add in a parry mechanic for bears rather then give us a block y'know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhun View Post
yes, i know how that works. i have an ability like that too. its called cleave, except it only hits 3 targets at maximum. don't count shockwave, thats on a 45sec cooldown. don't count thunderclap, it may be 360 threat, but the threat is not equivalent to swipe. druids seem to have it better than warriors on a tps basis on multiple mobs because they can hit swipe far more often that a warrior can.
thought druids had the highest DPS while tanking, but pallys (?) had the highest TPS? Druids excel at single-target tanking, and trail off for AoE tanking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhun View Post
you are wrong, it only takes somebody who doesn't have a full understanding of the situation because they don't invest lots of time into it that seem to believe these false assumptions.

you might want to tell this guy that druids suck.
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...nemaul&n=Khoda

he is the MT of that guild, which is one of the best on dunemaul alliance. hes done sarth25 with 3 drakes and sarth10 with 3 drakes(btw, sarth10 with 3 drakes is monumentally harder than sarth25 with 3).
LOL Where did I say druids suck? And that's fucking genius. Sarth w/3 drakes is probably the only fucking fight currently where you NEED a druid MT for best effect or whatever.

At no point did I say druid tanks sucked, just that they need tweaking. Even you yourself made the statement that warriors were better tanking somewhere up the line in some comment about how if you wanted to tank, then play a warrior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhun View Post
and the rest of the shit at the end of your post has been covered. if you need a druid to explain things to you, i can arrange for vin to help you understand it all. he and i have talked about Druid MT vs Warrior MT quite often, and the tanking merits of both.
you're so condescending you know that? pretty pathetic for someone who doesn't know how mitigation works. Are you always this hostile?

All I fucking want is swipe to work without a target. GASP

well technically what i want is a new realm since mine is over-saturated with guilds looking for dps. heh.
 
Neo has 10,110 Posts
 

Neo is offline


pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Neo Send a message via MSN to Neo Send a message via Yahoo to Neo 
Reply With Quote


Old 02-09-2009
 
#24
United States GenocideAlive
You Want My Shoes?
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,277
 GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...
Default Re: 3.1 Patch Notes (1/3)

Man you guys are going at it. You're real animals, in here.
 
GenocideAlive has 2,277 Posts
 

GenocideAlive is offline


pm.gif   
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:46 PM.
Designed by XG3