Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > Games > Warcraft Discussion & Strategy

Warcraft Discussion & Strategy Research and Discuss to Win.

Old 12-29-2008

United States Chaos
Eddie Harris
 Chaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, goshChaos should come up with their own damn reputation titles already, gosh

I haven't been to Storm Peaks or Icecrown yet but my order of favorite zones in Northrend:

1. Zul'Drak (fucking awesome top to bottom)
2. Dragonblight (some parts awesome, some parts - cough Star's Rest - lame)
3. Howling Fjord
4. Borean Tundra
5. Sholazar Basin (HURR HEY LOOKS ITS NESINGWARY WHEE MORE GRINDING)
6. Wintergrasp (ANOTHER PVP ZONE? WHEE FUN WAIT NOPE NEVER GOING THERE)

Chaos has 28,439 Posts

WELL THEY CALL ME MIKE D THE EVER LOVING MAN
IM LIKE SPOONIE GEE WELL IM THE METROPOLITICIAN
YOU SCREAM AND YOU HOLLER
BOUT MY CHEVY IMPALA
BUT THE SWEAT IS GETTIN WET AROUND THE RING AROUND YOUR COLLAR

pm.gif   

Old 12-29-2008

United States Blackhand
BF Member
 Blackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightenedBlackhand has become enlightened

Zul'Drak is indeed awesome. Sholazar is for those of us who never wanted to leave Ganklethorn. Icecrown is ok, but Storm Peaks is omgwtf awesome. It'd be tied with Zul'Drak if it didn't take so much time to get around, even with epic flying.

Yes Friends. Act now. Destroy Unicron!
Kill The Grand Rhubarb!
Eliminate Even The Toughest Stains!

-Utterred by Wreck-Gar, the Junkion leader, upon departing for the final battle with Unicron at Cybertron.

pm.gif   

Old 12-30-2008

United States Kaervek
i'm on your wifi.
 Kaervek is made of winKaervek is made of winKaervek is made of winKaervek is made of winKaervek is made of winKaervek is made of winKaervek is made of winKaervek is made of winKaervek is made of winKaervek is made of winKaervek is made of win

I have to admit, I love Sholazar Basin. But I loved STV and Nagrand, too. Grizzly Hills is also a fun zone.

Rivers, lakes, hills, grass, trees and ore. <3

Kaervek has 768 Posts

404, savior not found.

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Kaervek Send a message via MSN to Kaervek  

Old 12-30-2008

United States GenocideAlive
You Want My Shoes?
 GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...

Ugh I don't see how you people could stand SB. It was too much of a rehash of Nagrand. Sure there are giant trees instead of plains, but give me a break. I guess if I were a leatherworker I'd like it there for its functionality. But I was a Tailor so there's like zero cloth there to be had. Plus Zul'Drak was way too awesome to even bother with anything else. I went there when it was orange just because my gear whipped the llama's ass. I had mixed feelings about Dragonblight. Some of it was fun, some of it was waaaaaaaaaaay too time-consuming.

As for regrets, I regret not swinging by the Storm Peaks instead of grinding Icecrown for a level, cuz you gotta go by there to do all the fucking Sons of Hodir quests anyway. I made a grand total of like 150 gold doing all those back quests, but I would much rather have taken 50 gold and .5M experience. Bring that epic flier, is my only precaution.

I didn't like Grizzly Hills.

GenocideAlive has 2,277 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 12-30-2008

United States Waffen
Retired Legendary Troll
 Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!Waffen is dominating!

Wintergrasp isn't that bad. I actually go there to farm Nodes. There's a lot of titanium and rich saronite nodes there that are left untouched when a faction is sieging the keep. ^_^ Plus as you farm you get bonus honor for it.

The artist formally known as Dark Templar, Dunedain and Warlock.

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Waffen  

Old 12-30-2008

BlizzForums Neo
Boo!
 Neo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaervek View Post
I hit up Borean Tundra first, finished about 80% (?) of the quests there, and moved over to Howling Fjord. A.) I didn't want to miss out on both starting zones, B.) Staying a couple levels above the zone you're questing in makes life much easier. I dinged 80 in Sholazar Basin grinding rhinos for that slave-driver Nesingwary.
Ditto. I did this through all of my Druid's leveling experience. However in the old world I did skip a few zones, I think one of them was Desolace (doing only a few quests), and maybe Silithus or w/e it's called. I hit 60 in the old world (I wasn't expecting to actually have BC since WoW had been a gift, but then a friend popped the expansion on me, heh).

For me questing can be a lot of fun, and I'm enjoying it more now that I've hit 77 (forcing you onto land mounts for so long seems like torture, honestly) and got flying back... Anyway. I hit Borean Tundra first, and then Howling Fjord, I think I liked Fjord better, however the annoyance factor of certain quest chains (this happened in Grizzly Hills as well) where you go into an area, finish gathering/killing/etc... come out, only to have the npcs send you back in to do something else. Honestly I'd rather have like 6 quests lined up instead of 2 at a time.

I'm currently Zul'Drak myself and enjoying it a bit, with swift flight form things are 'easier' -- more efficient at least.

Though I'm running into gear issues, see I've been rolling on some pvp gear from 70 for most of the levels (upgrading rings/belts/bracers/trinkets when appropriate) but now I'm hitting a few items here and there that might be upgrades too certain slots, but losing my gems, or the overall stats doesn't seem worth it. yay.

and lol at 80 feral pvp gear. WTB INT plz!!1

By the way, Battlegrounds are a fucking joke. Honestly, last 5 AVs I tried it was 40 horde vs 14 alliance. At varied times of the day. I'm not averse to losing to the horde, but srsly. On the upside I've gained about a tone of EOTS/Arathi achievements.

oh and DKs can go fucking die. the ghoul thing is really annoying. finally take out a dk like 2 levels above me and then he comes back as a ghoul and rapes me anyway -.-;; my fault though, need to learn new rotations and tactics. that and ever since I lost my old bar addon my keybinds and shortcuts are just all messed the fuck up. srsly i lost cyclone somewhere in the void of the hidden bars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenocideAlive View Post
As for DK gear, you're fine quit whining. DKs do ridiculous DPS and have incredible abilities beside. If you're doing poorly it's because your spec sucks or you're bad. Go look up a spec and a DPS rotation, and I guarantee you'll be humming right along in no time.
appearance wise omg. Seriously the gear you leave the starting zone in makes you look so cool. atm, my DK is moving around wetlands leveling skinning/mining in preparation for outland. though i might respec for a ghoul instead of pure blood while i'm leveling professions. though i could just level twice and see if that rune sword thing is really worth it.

Neo has 10,110 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Neo Send a message via MSN to Neo Send a message via Yahoo to Neo 

Old 12-31-2008

United States shroomie
Forum Elder
 shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!shroomie is unstoppable!

Ret pally gear is the same way, no Intel! My buddy said in arena he was at 50% mana w/i one to two minutes. Then was out after 4.

shroomie has 398 Posts

Holy Pally
UA Warlock
Proud BlizzForums Poster since 2000!

pm.gif   

Old 12-31-2008

United States Kaervek
i'm on your wifi.
 Kaervek is made of winKaervek is made of winKaervek is made of winKaervek is made of winKaervek is made of winKaervek is made of winKaervek is made of winKaervek is made of winKaervek is made of winKaervek is made of winKaervek is made of win

Quote:
Originally Posted by shroomie View Post
Ret pally gear is the same way, no Intel! My buddy said in arena he was at 50% mana w/i one to two minutes. Then was out after 4.
Good. Nerf Ret, imo.

Kaervek has 768 Posts

404, savior not found.

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Kaervek Send a message via MSN to Kaervek  

Old 12-31-2008

United States GenocideAlive
You Want My Shoes?
 GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...GenocideAlive would like to thank all of the little people...

nerf plate, period.

casters are supposed to be the natural antithesis (or at least we were) but now plate basically rolls on everything in sight. unless you're a deep spec frost mage, bend over and say thank you may i have another

GenocideAlive has 2,277 Posts

pm.gif   

Old 01-01-2009

BlizzForums Neo
Boo!
 Neo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulzNeo did it for teh lulz

Quote:
Originally Posted by shroomie View Post
minutes. lol.

if i shift more then 6 times in any particular encounter, i'm basically out.

to be fair though I'm pve specced, i can't wait for the next patch to drop though. while I'm wary over the FAP changes, the mana issue for us ferals is just insane -- and i'm not even 80 yet.

By the way, Blood Spec DK seems really crazy, mobs 4 levels higher and i don't even break a sweat. Dunno what I was worried about. Though Mining is pissing me the hell off.

Neo has 10,110 Posts

pm.gif  Send a message via AIM to Neo Send a message via MSN to Neo Send a message via Yahoo to Neo 

Old 01-02-2009

Canada izzy
BF Member
 izzy has been here far, far too longizzy has been here far, far too longizzy has been here far, far too longizzy has been here far, far too longizzy has been here far, far too longizzy has been here far, far too longizzy has been here far, far too longizzy has been here far, far too longizzy has been here far, far too longizzy has been here far, far too longizzy has been here far, far too long

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
I haven't been to Storm Peaks or Icecrown yet but my order of favorite zones in Northrend:

1. Zul'Drak (fucking awesome top to bottom)
2. Dragonblight (some parts awesome, some parts - cough Star's Rest - lame)
3. Howling Fjord
4. Borean Tundra
5. Sholazar Basin (HURR HEY LOOKS ITS NESINGWARY WHEE MORE GRINDING)
6. Wintergrasp (ANOTHER PVP ZONE? WHEE FUN WAIT NOPE NEVER GOING THERE)
Wow, I think I am the complete opposite of you. Except you skipped the best zone ever, Grizzly Hills.

Zul'suck is way too spread out, and all the quests are lacking in the storyline, well except the drakuru chain.

Wintergrasp is all PVP. I love going there, farming eternals is so easy when your faction controls, its seriously about 400g/hour.

Icecrown is one of the most incredible zones I have ever done. It is so well designed, but it seems to not be group accessible, which sucks.

Don't do Storm Peaks without your epic flier, you'll want to shoot yourself.

izzy has 470 Posts

They call me Oznob

Anything above this line was not meant to come out the way it did, izzy just isn't in a proper state of mind.

pm.gif   

Old 01-02-2009

BlizzForums Neo
Boo!

I just finished Zul'Drak (hit 79), I actually really liked the zone because of the free pally buffs you can get by hitting up the random idols. Also the undead/posing as a ghoul line was pretty cool. Didn't even need a group for any of the final quests, though did hitup a group to do the anguish ring.

Neo has 10,110 Posts