Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > General Forums > Chit Chat > Online Roleplaying Forum

Online Roleplaying Forum Online Roleplaying Created By and For Our Users.

Old 06-23-2008

United States Ben
The Sartorialist
 Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...Ben would like to thank all of the little people...
Default Contact

Felt like playing an RPG, so thought I'd made one. If I can get around 5 people at least we can start it.

-On August 3rd, 2136, humanity makes first contact with intelligent extraterrestrial life. Mining vessels, searching for oil in the asteroid belt, intercept broadcasts which are determined to come from neither Earth nor Mars (the two inhabited planets in the solar system). The broadcasts are of songs, the instrumentation and the voices beautiful, but distinctly inhuman. The lyrics in a language unknown to any human, and the broadcast is coming from Achilles IV, a planet in the Alpha Centauri system previously believed to have been uninhabited. The discovery shakes our civilization to its core.

-On September 21st, the United Nations General Council passes Resolution 11284, authorizing the first manned mission to another star system. The Prince Henry departs our solar system on December 15th, 2136, traveling near the speed of light. It will arrive in the Alpha Centauri systems one year later, ship relative, or sixty years later, Earth relative. Aboard the ship are a team chosen to represent humanity's greatest cultural achievements.

The ship is about two days out of the Centauri system when we step in.

The idea here is that we are going to play out the first contact between humanity and an extraterrestrial species. What that species is like, whether it is more advanced than mankind, less advanced than mankind, friendly, violent, hyperindividualistic or a hive mind structure, etc, I leave entirely up to the course of the game to play out. There are three options for players to choose from. They can be one of the humans aboard the ship who have been chosen to represent humanity's finest. These are philosophers, scientists, musicians, linguists, etc. Really anything you want to be. You could also play as one of a small contingent of Marines aboard the ship assigned to provide some degree of protection. This is your basic sci-fi space marine, guy in big suit of power armor with a massive gun.

Or you could play as one of the inhabitants of Achilles IV (who have their own name for their planet, we can assume).

What inspired this game to me was accounts of the first European expeditions to the New World, so it is running along similar lines. A small group of people stumbling essentially into a totally alien civilization. How things work out will be up to us.

Anyways here is my character:

Name: Father Augustine Danton

Occupation: Jesuit Priest and the world's preeminent philosopher. He represents the interests of the Roman Catholic Church aboard the Prince Henry.

Mission: Learn the language and culture of the inhabitants, preach Christianity to them if possible.

Appearance: Father Barton is from France's southern mediterranean coast. He stands about six feet tall, has a dark complexion and piercing green eyes. His black hair is tied back in a tight pony tail and he has a closely cropped black beard. He wears the black attire of a Catholic priest.

Religious views: Catholic, obviously

Languages: French, English, Latin, Castillian, Italian, German, Greek, Arabic, Mandarin Chinese.

Weapons: Unarmed

Anyways roll up some characters if you like and let's see if we can have some fun.

Last edited by Ben; 06-23-2008 at 08:21 PM.
Ben has 11,099 Posts

What's happening?
I keep my dreadlocks in a napkin ring
Rap and sing
Unlike the homogenous clones
I'm in to earth tones, birth stones, and erogenous zones
The more ticklish the more you have
Sitting on the curb of what used to be the burbs
And before that was Canarcie
I'm a disturbed and bitter herb
Like saltwater and parsley

Most Intelligent Debater 2008