Warcraft Legacy Starcraft Legacy BlizzForums
The Future?

Go Back   BlizzForums > General Forums > Chit Chat > Online Roleplaying Forum

Online Roleplaying Forum Online Roleplaying Created By and For Our Users.

Old 03-24-2008

United States Oracle
paranoid highschooler
 Oracle is a glorious beacon of lightOracle is a glorious beacon of lightOracle is a glorious beacon of lightOracle is a glorious beacon of lightOracle is a glorious beacon of lightOracle is a glorious beacon of light
Default The Mythral age

Aeons ago, the worldsmiths walked the stars. They found a world inhabited by small animals, and elected to uplift some of them to superior forms.
And from monkeys they made men, and elves, and other races.
And they lived with them for a thousand years, until an unknown event caused them to leave.
The men blamed each other, and sought to punish each other at first, till the worldsmiths were naught but myths, which were forgotten.
Now the Men war with each other for dominance of the earth. A bloody stalemate has endured for ages, but a new power has risen in the north.
His name is Absalom Kaerbon Nala Tirish, Lord of the North. His armies are vast and his will indomitable. He is a giant of a man with a mind to match.
He would be unequaled in power but for a secret Cabal called the Order of Five.
The OoF is comprised of five extremely powerful men comitted to prevent the world from being unified under the hand of a single Tyrant. They are masters of weaponry, and it is whispered that they are possesed of magical powers.

I am Absalom Kaerbon Nala Tirish, (the informal form is Absalom) and I command my armies. the rest of you will play as the OoF, and try to defeat my armies. This is the character sheet.

Name:
Appearance:
Weapons: (you can have up to two that you always have, and use others temporarily later)
Armor: (describe the style and material, as well as which pieces you have. some may prefer to omit greaves, for example.

The rest you can reveal as you go along. that means stuff like magic.

Now I will post my Forces.

Army:
100000 Foot soldiers armed with polearms, light armor and wooden tower shields.
100000 Longbowmen armed with light armor, longbows and daggers.
50000 elite foot soldier with heavier armor, good spears, short swords and steel tower shields.
50000 crossbowmen armed with crossbows, daggers, and light armor.
50000 light horsemen armed with light armor, bucklers, lances and sabres.
50000 heavy horsemen armed with heavy armor, larger bucklers, lances and hand weapons.

Guards:
1000 tower guard armed with medium armor and hand weapons.
1000 tower snipers armed with long, short, or crossbows, daggers, and light armor.

Absalom's Retinue:
Absalom on his Throne (in combat I'm on a Palanquin).
Four dark elf slave girls chained to my throne, armed with concealed daggers.
50 Honor guard armed with halberds and longwords and heavy armor.
50 bodyguards armed variously.
10 concealed snipers armed in light armor and armed with crossbows.
5-20 Entertainers at any time.

Last edited by Oracle; 03-27-2008 at 02:24 PM.
Oracle has 228 Posts

Big brother is watching you masturbate

I fear No enemy! for the khala Is My Strength! I fear not Death! For our strength is eternal!-Fenix, Praetor

Go To The RPG Forum. Or I'll kill you.
BF Lvl 2 woohoo!!
THE ARENA AWAITS MORTAL!

pm.gif   

Old 03-25-2008

United Kingdom Rokdar Ironvain
God is upon you.
 Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!Rokdar Ironvain is dominating!

Looking past your puncutation errors and extremely brief story line, i see this Rp as an oppurtunity to kill people. I'm in! Who wants to join me?

Name: Isoya Kaito
Appearance: Isoya stands vageuly 6,2ft tall, and has a shaven head. His face is Asian in appearence.
Weapons: None, Isoya is a Monk, and thus uses his hands and feet with which to do battle.
Armour: A simple orange silk robe, overlapping white silky undergarments.

When do we start?

Holding the line since 1989

pm.gif   

Old 03-27-2008

United States Oracle
paranoid highschooler
 Oracle is a glorious beacon of lightOracle is a glorious beacon of lightOracle is a glorious beacon of lightOracle is a glorious beacon of lightOracle is a glorious beacon of lightOracle is a glorious beacon of light

I will try to post a map soon, as soon as I find a format I can post on here. I think we can start as soon as we get one more player, and hope other ppl join.

Here is a list of races I have thought of and a brief description of their culture and such.

Halfling: They value food and cheer over hoarded gold, and have many devices to compensate for their deficiencies in size and strength. They recently invented muskets and are as yet the only ones to use them. They nurse a long and bitter hatred against the ratmen, who frequenly raid farms and pillage villages.

Ratmen: Basically you should think of Warhammer's Skaven but without the steampunk technology. They live under mountains and are a constant threat to the halflings, who they consider oppressive. They feel their raids are only taking what should be rightfully theirs, as payment for allowing the halflings to mine the sulfur and flint out of the mountains.

Dwarves: They mostly keep to themselves, content to make shocking amounts of money by selling the incredibly rare mythral. They are a very reclusive and mysterious people.

Humans: basically think of the classic fantasy humans and you got it.

Elves: they live far to the south and live like lords, singing, dancing, and generally acting very cultured while their slaves do everything no-one else wants to.

Dark Elves: they live mostly above the Artic circle, and trade fur and slaves as their main exports. They live in a semi-tribal culture, with various Clans warring against each other for dominance, united under a single king. They are vassals to Absalom, and pay him tribute.They are called dark elves because they live in a more archaic tribal life.

Last edited by Oracle; 03-27-2008 at 02:58 PM.
Oracle has 228 Posts

I fear No enemy! for the khala Is My Strength! I fear not Death! For our strength is eternal!-Fenix, Praetor

BF Lvl 2 woohoo!!
THE ARENA AWAITS MORTAL!

pm.gif   

Old 04-06-2008

United States Decepticon
Wants the Allspark
 Decepticon has become enlightenedDecepticon has become enlightenedDecepticon has become enlightenedDecepticon has become enlightenedDecepticon has become enlightenedDecepticon has become enlightenedDecepticon has become enlightenedDecepticon has become enlightenedDecepticon has become enlightenedDecepticon has become enlightenedDecepticon has become enlightened

Name: Falco Trajan, Dark elf renegade.
Appearance: Black hair and pale, almost alabaster skin, with a personal icon inked onto the back of his neck. Stands 5' 10", with a slight, elfish frame.
Weapons: A highly sharpened and serrated machete sized blade, multiple vials of various poisons, two small stabbing daggers concealed in different places on his person
Armor: Unassuming chain mail crafted by humans, shin guards, shoulder pads, wrist guards, and a thick black cloak with an attached hood.

Falco is an unusual case. Marked for slavery, he had a poor start on life. But at the age of twenty five, things changed. Having had it up to his pointy ears with being ordered about and not happy at all with his people being an accessory to the human tyrant, he turned on his master in a cunning assassination. Unlocking the chains that bound him, he headed due south, an man on the run. He sought someone, anyone who would give him sanctuary from his own kind, who hated the would be tyrant of the world as he did.

In halfling territory, he cut down several ratmen in the middle of a raid as they retreated.
His best hope was to appeal to the small folk for aid.

If this passes, I'm in. If not I'll make any changes you think needed.

Decepticon has 263 Posts

C:\Documents and Settings\Weiler\My Documents\My Pictures\Transformers\sig copy.jpg
Beware the 'New World order'. Learn the truth about them. The free world depends on opposing them.

pm.gif   

Old 04-08-2008

United States Oracle
paranoid highschooler

Excellent! I have some things I need clarified though; how does he weild the daggers? does he live with the halflings? thank you very much for reading the bit on dark elves and posting accordingly, instead of making a purple-skinned drow.

Oracle has 228 Posts

BF Lvl 2 woohoo!!
THE ARENA AWAITS MORTAL!

pm.gif   

Old 04-08-2008

United States Oracle
paranoid highschooler

OOC:finally, I got around to putting up a map.now, we can get this going!
In Character:
Absolom reflected on the scroll nailed to his spies' dead body

Death to the tyrant. Those not with us are against us. The Oo5.

"fools. do they not understand that I can put an end to the futile, petty wars? it is rather odd that they should be so learned in ways of dealing death, yet not understand the superiority of a single state to perpetual warlord feuds."
"My lord?"
"eh? what?"
"a dispatch from the king of the dark elves. He says the clans are ready to march, and sends a tally of forces. This is the tally, Lord."
Absolom opened the scroll

Main force:
40,000 light infantry armed with light armor and spears
20,000 archers armed with light armour longbows
10,000 scouts armed with shortbows, stealthy garb, and long knives
35,000 medium infantry armed with long knives, spears, and medium armor
500 elite tribal guards armed with various armours and weaponry
"excellent, tell him to move them to the border, we shall march soon!

OOC: synopsis: absolom is beginning troop movements against the southern lands. the Oo5 is threatening his life, and he is leading the attack personally.
edit: i cant get the map on here, so forget the map.

Oracle has 228 Posts

BF Lvl 2 woohoo!!
THE ARENA AWAITS MORTAL!

pm.gif   

Old 04-08-2008

United States Decepticon
Wants the Allspark
 Decepticon has become enlightenedDecepticon has become enlightenedDecepticon has become enlightenedDecepticon has become enlightenedDecepticon has become enlightenedDecepticon has become enlightenedDecepticon has become enlightenedDecepticon has become enlightenedDecepticon has become enlightenedDecepticon has become enlightenedDecepticon has become enlightened

"Well, I'd just had enough, that's why. My entire life wasting away enslaved, my people being wasted to help a tyrant seize the planet? I couldn't take it anymore. So I ran."
Falco explain to a neighbor, when questioned on how he came to be in the lands of the halflings. "Your lands are a paradise. I am never in danger of freezing to death outside, there's always food, and I have things to look forward to besides undeserved beatings."

Falco enjoyed the early evening as the sun set. Drinking a potent beer, and lazily dining on roast meat and boiled vegetables, he reflected on his much improved status in the world. He'd never know such good food, or warm weather. Or such sincere folk. He no longer worried about being backstabbed, or betrayed, or sold.

OOC//e-mail me the map, and I can try to put it up.

Decepticon has 263 Posts

C:\Documents and Settings\Weiler\My Documents\My Pictures\Transformers\sig copy.jpg
Beware the 'New World order'. Learn the truth about them. The free world depends on opposing them.

pm.gif   

Old 04-08-2008

United States Oracle
paranoid highschooler

OOC: actually, it was really poorly made, lets just say the ratmen mountains begin about 500 miles to the south of absolom's kingdom,the halflings 200 miles south of that, the elves live just north of the equator, the dwarf mountain ranges are in the east, half of absoloms kingdom is above the arctic circle (thats the clan's lands) and humans live in small city-states anywhere else. the city state closest to the northlands is evaltin, a small state that ( your character does NOT know this) will be my first target.
Edit: evaltin is a small mining town of humans. it dosent have a military beyond a town guard armed with bows and various hand weapons, and any volunteers that join in. there is a population of about 1000 able-bodied men, about 100 of who work in the town guard. about 300 tend farms, and the rest mine.(I purposely made this place weak and insignificant because I have to win the first few battles for the story to advance.)

Last edited by Oracle; 04-22-2008 at 08:22 PM.
Oracle has 228 Posts

BF Lvl 2 woohoo!!
THE ARENA AWAITS MORTAL!

pm.gif